Hoax Hostel Reviews

Kansas Buildings, 50-54 Stanley Street, Liverpool, England

It was spotless!!..very good location!!!...Great food!!!....those burgers were amazing!!!!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

So happy choosing Hoax. Staff are helpful, rooms are key card access and wc and shower are within the room for access. Free PC access for internet meant I could use a real keyboard. Only thing was that my room near the lift could hear the lift announcements. Still a top choice and next to the Cavern for Beatles fans!

It was a very nice stay at Hoax Hostel. I just enjoyed being there. Excellent location.

The staff should be more polite with the customers. For example we payed for our breakfast via hostelworld and Ann Mari asked us to pay for it. Actually we explained that we had payed already and she didnt bother at all, she just said that the rules of the hostel has changed since February, which didnt make any sense at all. She denied to book for us another 2 nights, cause she wanted to charge us more, but Mathew did that for us with a great pleasure!So thank you Mathew(Polish guy).Ur lovely!

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Greece

The location is great. Staff were not extremely helpful, though (I had paid for breakfast, but in the end got only coffee because someone forgot to buy things to put on the toast and nobody could be bothered to get anything) and my room (which was just above the bar) was pretty noisy. If you don't mind things like these, it's still a good place to stay in the very heart of Liverpool.

Having read some effusively positive reviews on Hostelworld, I thought I couldn't co wrong with this place. Unfortunately in the end I was underwhelmed. Maybe it was because I was visiting outside of the busy season but the place just seemed rather dead the whole time. The hostel, while clean, lacks any personality whatsoever. Also, the continental breakfast is not really worth it, especially if you come half an hour before its scheduled end, when there is nothing left. In a word, passable.

If you're a light sleeper, beware the noise of the club across the alley, but they do provide earplugs to cope. My major issue is that, when I booked, the facilities page says there is bike parking, but they don't, unless they count the public, exposed racks in the busy thoroughfare. As I'm cycling around England this would have been important to know, because I would have gone somewhere that my bike wouldn't have been exposed to potential thieves or left in the rain resulting in a rusty chain

Staff's really something else, don't forget to spend some time there, on the evening, when they have live music.

Right in the heart of the beatles street. Good hot showers. Clean.

• 6th Mar 2014

excellent

The hostel is excellently situated, in the middle of the centre. Staying from Friday to Saturday it was though very noisy from the outside til around 3-4 am. Ear plugs get provided though. The rooms are very modern, was great with the separate shower & toilet in the room itself. beds are comfortalbe. It became quite hot in the morning, when the heating turned on and it was not exactly clear how to regulate this. staff was friendly. One of the best hostels I've stayed outside Switzerland so far.

Hi- thanks for your feedback - it really helps us out when past guests pass on all the relevant info to future guests! Come back and stay with us again some time soon :) - The Hoax Team

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. Nice staff, very helpful... Individual plugs... Very clean... Right in the center of the city (100 meters from the cavern club which is a great thing for a Beatles fan like me)... Thanks a lot

Thanks! Great to hear of a fellow Beatles fan and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Hoax. Good you mentioned the Cavern Club - we do great deals with these guys on a Thursday/Sunday so be sure to check them out next time you're here! - The Hoax Team

Very clean and the location, well, you can't get better in my eyes!! Center of town and next to a pub, which you dont even need to go to as the hostel bar has decent drinks at a decent price with good food. If you dont stay here, you're stupid! It was by far the cheapest option I found but in no way cheap! Rooms were clean, beds very comfy and you are given towels. Great hostel. :-)

• 21st Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Great location, right in the heart of Liverpool. Clean and mostly really friendly staff. Ok kitchen (could do with some more utensils and plates). Beds comfy and own light and charger, which is always a bonus. Would be nice to have an area to relax that wasn't the bar but overall had a great stay! Thanks

This was the cleanest hostel I have ever been to! Beds were comfortable, big lockers for all your stuff. Cheap but good breakfast in the bar. No real common room, the kitchen was in the basement and just functional. Located directly at the city center!

Really enjoyed my stay at hoax. Perfect for younger travellers. Lovely bar and restaurant in the complex. The location of the hostel is right in the middle of liverpool...perfect if you want to go out. The staff are very friendly and will give you good tips on wear to go out. Great price for a great hostel.

• 8th Feb 2014

It was really good.

Great! To the point! - we like. thanks! - The Hoax Team

The beds are really big and comfortable, the hostel had a great atmosphere and it is in a spectacular location, close to Albert Dock and all the nightclubs. It's also a very attractive hostel, which is a nice change when travelling. The only downside is they didn't have a common room so you don't really meet anyone from the hostel. Apparently one is under construction, but I'm not sure when it will be done.

Hi, thanks for your great feedback on your stay at Hoax! We love being so close to all that Liverpool has to offer, including Albert Dock as it's a great spot to visit! And yes you're right, our 'Chill Out Space' is in the making and will be ready shortly for all guests to meet and mingle - equipped with games consoles, books a plenty and board games for old fashioned fun. Come back and see it for yourself :) - The Hoax Team

Really nice hostel i the heart of Liverpool city centre. Nice staff and very good facilities. Recomended!

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Norway

new and modern hostel with great location. room is enough for backpackers. and the bed with a small lamp that is very useful for dormitory. being tidied up every day, so keep very clean and tidy. but near the pubs, that means noise lasts till 3~4am even on some weekdays. sometimes the breakfast is good, but no guarantee as it is free. anyway it values more than i paid =]

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4