Hoax Hostel Reviews

Kansas Buildings, 50-54 Stanley Street, Liverpool, England

Was very good, would recommend this hostel to any and every one visiting Liverpool. X

• 27th Aug 2015

Wonderful hostel which is more like a hotel Terrific location about 500 metres from the Cavern Club and other Liverpool attractions. Really enjoyed my stay here.

I enjoyed my stay at the Hoax in Liverpool. Very friendly staff and guests, too. Fab bar attached to the hostel. The kitchen could do with some TCL. Brilliant location. Right in the city centre. I'd definitely would go again.

• 16th Aug 2015

Location was great but the atmosphere wasn't the best. As a solo traveler, my purpose for staying at hostels is to meet people? I stayed two nights and met no one at that hostel, not even at the bar. This may be due to the fact that I was there on weekdays (Monday/Tuesday).

I liked my stay at Hoax because it's close to everything. I just wish they would check better who is actually staying in the hostel and who's not. I slept in a six bed female dorm and one of the other girls brought back a guy she met while clubbing and he stayed in the room for the night. You can guess what happened! The staff took it seriously though but I'm not sure what happened after that because I checked out the next morning.

It was extremely noisy at night as the bar on the ground floor had parties every night during my stay there. The party on Friday night was til 4am. I'm normally a good sleeper who doesn't mind noise but it really drove me crazy. Couldn't sleep at all on that Friday night. Apart from this, the new hostel was good.

Loved it. Beds were comfortable, loved the separate shower or toilet. My locker was broken, so I wasn't able to lock my belongings away which didn't feel safe, and when we asked reception to have a look at our leaking sink, nothing was done about this while I was there. Otherwise great stay

Free internet is very reliable and works, however, the free is rather limited. Upgrades for faster speed (5 Mbps both up and down) is inexpensive. Would stay again

Nice hostel, the location is the best...

Helpful staff, great location, fast wifi. Claustrophobes beware: The cheap rooms are in the basement. Breakfast is overpriced at 5£, but apart from that, the price for the room is very reasonable. If you want to lock up your stuff, bring a padlock.

• 27th Jul 2015

Love the kitchen facilities and the rooms are very comfortable. Ran out of earplugs though whilst I was there

• 26th Jul 2015

Very friendly staff, excellent facilities with en suite bathroom in dorm. Everything spotlessly clean. Music outside went on til 4 am so bring ear plugs!

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Wales

All good. Only issue was the music from the bar across the street was very loud until 2am on weekdays and 4am at the weekend.

• 22nd Jul 2015

The rooms are not ventilated enough, and way too hot. We all couldn't sleep well because of the heat, and it wasn't even warm outside: about 18 degrees Celsius. There are no windows in the room that can be opened.

• 21st Jul 2015

Very good location and an amazing hostel! Right next to Mathew Street, where the most famous bars are. Really recommend.

• 12th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my short stay at Hoax. If someone is a light sleeper, it's probably not the ideal place.

I've stayed there for 2nights and i met a staff who was too rude to all guests Without him everything was nice

What an amazing hostel this is!! Nice personnel at reception, very clean and safe. All very professional!! Keep it up, people!

I had a great stay even though I was only there for one night. The rooms are very modern and clean and all the staff were very helpful (I asked a lot of questions about directions to multiple staff). The only things I would say were negative would be the music from the club across the street (which I expected because I saw it in other reviews) and that not a lot of people were hanging out in the common areas so I only met people in my room. Maybe that's because I was there on a Wednesday.

Very clean, nice staff and perfect location! The shower was little bit to high for a small girl like me and there was a pub with very loud music. And the window didn't close enough,so it was very loud at my first night. But nice hostel!

• 5th Jul 2015