Hoax Hostel Reviews

Kansas Buildings, 50-54 Stanley Street, Liverpool, England

Love the kitchen facilities and the rooms are very comfortable. Ran out of earplugs though whilst I was there

• 26th Jul 2015

Very friendly staff, excellent facilities with en suite bathroom in dorm. Everything spotlessly clean. Music outside went on til 4 am so bring ear plugs!

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Wales

All good. Only issue was the music from the bar across the street was very loud until 2am on weekdays and 4am at the weekend.

• 22nd Jul 2015

The rooms are not ventilated enough, and way too hot. We all couldn't sleep well because of the heat, and it wasn't even warm outside: about 18 degrees Celsius. There are no windows in the room that can be opened.

• 21st Jul 2015

Very good location and an amazing hostel! Right next to Mathew Street, where the most famous bars are. Really recommend.

• 12th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my short stay at Hoax. If someone is a light sleeper, it's probably not the ideal place.

I've stayed there for 2nights and i met a staff who was too rude to all guests Without him everything was nice

What an amazing hostel this is!! Nice personnel at reception, very clean and safe. All very professional!! Keep it up, people!

I had a great stay even though I was only there for one night. The rooms are very modern and clean and all the staff were very helpful (I asked a lot of questions about directions to multiple staff). The only things I would say were negative would be the music from the club across the street (which I expected because I saw it in other reviews) and that not a lot of people were hanging out in the common areas so I only met people in my room. Maybe that's because I was there on a Wednesday.

Very clean, nice staff and perfect location! The shower was little bit to high for a small girl like me and there was a pub with very loud music. And the window didn't close enough,so it was very loud at my first night. But nice hostel!

• 5th Jul 2015

Not that Caernarfon might offer many other options... but Totters is definitely a place I'd recommend. Its so close to the castle and smack in the middle of town. The owners are ever so helpful and friendly. They live in the building too. A bit of stairs to handle but otherwise spacious rooms and good facilities. I was on foot so not sure how easy it is for parking... as Wales definitely is easier by car.

You advertise high speed free internet. Then when you log on after reading your posters, it turns out you need to pay for the high speed, and the free basic is too slow to do anything with ease. Its unbelieveable they charge for good internet. Its really a basic thing they should offer. Particularly annoying they have posters up saying they do, but they posters dont say you have to pay - felt very ripped off.

Nice modern hostel right in the city center. If you ready to party all night this hostel has a perfect location. If not you may find that some rooms are very noisy because of the location to nightclubs. I wasn't in the party mood so I asked the front desk to move to a quieter room and all was good. Would stay again....thanks

Excellent in almost every aspect. Pretty new building. Nice beds, lockers, outlets and location. Nice pub in the ground floor with good value for money. Very close to the main pub areas. Everything is very new so they features a lot of good things that the hostels in London, for instance, struggles to offer. Definitely would recommend for a friend.

The window in our room couldn't be closed fully, and as a result it was very noisy

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

It was right in the thick of it which was great to get about.

I really enjoyed it. The facilities were very clean and the staff was friendly.

Great place to stay if you're wanting to get into the night life of Liverpool. Nice central location. And free earplugs available if you're just looking to get some sleep.

The hostel really coud not have been in a better location! But, I have to say that it was the loudest night of my life since it right next to a club that pumps music into the wee hours of the morning. However, it was the cleanest and most secure hostel I have ever stay at, with great places to get a breakfast in the morning and really close to the water. Pretty hard to meet people since there really wasn't a hang out a place except the bar.

Crazy loud street noise from the bars on Mathew street at night, but there was a very large jar of earplugs at reception :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3