Hoax Hostel Reviews

Kansas Buildings, 50-54 Stanley Street, Liverpool, England

Amazing location, tasty breakfast, party near by! I could see the beatles cavern from my roooom!!!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Great location but what really made the hostel were the super friendly staff who I ended up becoming good friends with!

It was unbelievably loud in my room due to party next door.

Hi there. Please be advised that we will do our utmost to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. You must report any problem to our 24/7 operated Front Desk, where we then could have arranged a room move. We hope you stay with us again in the near future. Team HOAX Liverpool

The Staff were very down to earth..

Hostel is pretty new and clean. Location is both good and bad....good because it's right in the city center close to all the nightlife...but bad because every night the club next to it plays disco music throughout the night. If your young and into partying the night away it's a good value for the money. If your older or a family with children then it might be difficult to get a decent night sleep because of the noise.

the best hostel in liverpool!!!

• 6th Jul 2014

Generally very nice hostel in a great location except for one thing - you can hear the party music from clubs next door very well so no proper sleep until 2am (on a week night) which can be annoying if you need to wake up early. But if you don't mind that - great place to stay.

Hi there. Thank you for your review, We do pride ourselves on our location being situated in the heart of Liverpool's music hub, adjacent to the world famous Cavern Club. Ear plugs are provided with our compliments at our reception which is in full operation 24/7. Hope you stay with us again in the near future. Team HOAX Liverpool.

Good breakfast and really well located, the staff was a lit bit serious but overall its a good hostel

Hi there. Thank you for your review. Great to hear you took advantage of our Breakfast. Don't forget our guests are entitled to 25% discount in HOPSKOTCH Street kitchen and Bar; our onsite restaurant with choices from all around the globe. Hope to have you stay with us again soon Team HOAX Liverpool

The hostel is practically next door to the Cavern Pub! So, if you can figure it out, it is very noisy. I liked the fact that the toilet and the shower are separeted and is inside the room. There are plugs and a lamp for each bed. The kitchen, otherwise is very poor.. but I didn't cook anything so it was fine for me.

For sure, the worst hostel I've ever been to. The room is ok if you like dungeons, it was on the -2 floor!! No windows, and luckily we had a ventilation system to bring us oxigen... I got the upper bed, and it was impossible to get there, I hit my head with the ceiling because there is no way to be sat on your bed without hitting your head! So in bed you can only stay lying down. And I chose the "luxurios room", or at least thats what my bill says...really, very dissapointed... :(

Hoax's kitchen facilities were shameful, broken and dirty pans, not nearly enough equipment to cook even some basic meals. Additionally, cleaning staff and security from Hopskotch bar treated the guest kitchen as their break room leaving dirty dishes behind and guests uncomfortable. An outer security door was broken during our stay and at 4:15am a random person started knocking on our door. Our stay was otherwise okay however it would be nice to know we going to be staying in the basement.

Very very noisy and loud outside because of its location (full of bars downstairs) - may not be a good choice for the people want quite environment

We stayed in several Hostels during our trip around the UK. Hoax Hostel was the nicest one we stayed in. The food downstairs was good, there were great places to walk nearby for sight-seeing. Our room was spotlessly clean and it was nice having a toilet and shower in our room (even nicer, the toilet and shower were separate rooms, so each could be occupied). I was traveling with a teenager & a 20yr old and we had no safety concerns at all.

Hoax is, ok. It is really central but just next to lots of clubs - which maybe is good, but tricky to sleep- so a different street might be a bit better. No proper common room - so people don't talk much. Our key stopped working lots too - but 24hour reception, so didn't actually get locked out - which is good. Disabled access, which is nice. Staff choose not to fix card, which was frustrating. "Not my job"

• 17th Jun 2014

I did not like the staff on the night shift, very unhelpful. Otherwise it was good hostel.

Very noisy on Sunday night, but that was due to the bar next door. Ear plugs are available at the reception.

Unbelievable hostel. We stayed in a private double bed room and it was top notch.

Hi Shaun Thank you for your review; I'm going to have to agree with too with it being "top nothc!" Here you’ll find understated, simple luxury. No frills. No fuss. Rooms that focus on what’s important. Like custom made super-sized bunk beds with luxury mattresses, steaming hot en-suite showers and clean towels and linen. We hope you stay with us again soon Team HOAX Liverpool

This hostel is modern and clean, the bed is really comfortable. The location is great! It is within the walking distance to all of the major attractions, it's also near a shopping area as well as the famous cavern club. The stuff here wasn't that friendly, however it's not a big deal, giving all other pros

Of all of the hostels I have stayed in, this is the newest and the best. The location is just a few meters from the Cavern and walking distance to the major museums. The rooms are nice size, the bunk beds double, not triple, the mattresses are thick, the lockers good size, the restrooms and shower are in the room and are VERY clean, and the kitchen/cooking area also very clean. The wifi was strong and worked everywhere. The staff was very friendly too.

Hi Robert Thank you for your feedback and kind words. HOAX is different. HOAX is fresh. HOAX is original. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future. Team HOAX Liverpool.

Great hostel in the heart of Livepool and adjacent to the Cavern Quarter but noisy for the same reasons. Noise insulation between rooms was less than good, could hear doors slamming etc. It was noisy at night due to the nearby night clubs. Service was excellent and the restaraunt and bar were great. Ensuite on the dorm rooms was a bonus. Spotlessly clean, great and friendly staff.

Hi there. Thank you very much for your kind feedback. Due to our location; being in the heart of Liverpool's city centre where art, music, history, shopping, sport and nightlife all on our doorstep; you are correct in saying it can get noisy. However, please be advised that you can pick up ear plugs with our compliments from Reception to drown out the hustle and bustle. We hope to have you stay with us again in the not so far future. Team HOAX Liverpool

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4