Hoax Hostel Reviews

Kansas Buildings, 50-54 Stanley Street, Liverpool, England

Despite being conveniently located, the hostel was along the streets with pubs and clubs so it was pretty noisy at late into the night.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

Really lovely staff. I dealt with various people from Saturday night to Monday morning and every single one of them was polite, helpful and friendly.

Hi there Thank you for your kind words :-) We hope to see you soon. Kind Regards Team HOAX Liverpool

Our room was in the basement so rather dark with weak internet access and no phone reception but the style of the hostel was great and we really enjoyed the free pool table in the bar. We stayed on a Saturday night and even then didn't feel much of a social atmosphere but the location is amazing - right in center and an easy walk when carrying your heels back from the clubs!

Hi there Thank you for your review. We really do have everything on our doorstep from Art, music, history, shopping, sport and nightlife. We hope you stay with us again soon. Kind Regards Team HOAX Liverpool

There was no social life, the showers and toilet were right in the dorm so everyone gets woken up by late arrivals or early birds. Apart from that, nice, clean, quiet. Sockets and lights for each bed and a big clean towel for everyone! Great location between the train station and the docks.

Thank you for your review. We are in the process of creating social events for our guests through out the week, so do bare with us. I do hope you come and stay with us again in the near future. Kind Regards Team HOAX

Very new hostel, very nice beds and rooms. Great if you want a reasonable nights sleep, but bring ear plugs because lots of music venues on Matthew Street. If you want tot meet people in the hostel, good luck, not set up very well for this.

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. I have noted your comments as we are always looking to improve our product to increase our customer's satisfaction. Kind Regards Team HOAX Liverpool

The best hostel I've stayed in this trip. Plugs in the beds. Clean! Perfect location. Everything you could want. Seriously felt like a treat after some of the hostels I've stayed in recently. I got the best sleep and I loved Liverpool!

Hi there. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved our city as much as we do. We hope you come and stay again when you are in the area. Kind Regards Team HOAX

Perfect location! Staff has been kind and welcoming! Everything was great except the hostel bar that was nearly dead (during week).

• 26th Aug 2014

This place has an excellent location close to the cavern quarter, train st and shops. clean dorms and bathrooms and lockers. However breakfast was advertised cheaper than it actually was and the kitchen was filthy for the whole three days I was there, plus I went to buy food to cook, came back and the stove wasn't working. They need to correct the breakfast price and let people know when the stoves are broken! The club downstairs or across the road is incredibly loud until late, got no sleep

Best hostel I have ever stayed! Perfect location, friendly staff, great atmosphere, nice rooms (individual plugs, light and locker), free luggage storage. Definitely recommend Hoax.

Excellent location, next to the cavern club. Installations are awesome, they also have a nice bar. Staff is not that friendly, but nothing to complain about. Just don't make difference. But at the bar they are nice!

The place is top notch, as is the staff. The good, you are right in the action. The bad, you are right in the action. Brings earplugs. The shower is better than most hotels I've stayed in.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Hi there Thank you for your great feedback. We really do pride ourselves on our location where art, music, history, shopping, sport and nightlife are all on our doorstep. We hope you stay with us again soon. Kind Regards Team HOAX

Good Hostel. Near Cavern Club. Very Clean.

The bedroom is quite noisy however in an excellent location, very near Cavern Club! It was just onde day butI loved my time in Liverpool!

Thank you for your feedback. You must stay again, next time you are in Liverpool :-) Kind Regards Team HOAX

This hostel has a very good location if you're into shopping. Many popular shops are seconds away from the hostel as well as many tourist attractions.

A decent hostel, great place to stay if you just need a night's sleep, but there isn't much of an atmosphere. Unfortunately for me the bed wasn't made (looked like someone had just slept in it), and my key to the room didn't work, despite them trying to fix whatever problem there was several times. The internet was reliable but not very fast at 125kb/s.

When we arrived at Hoax, we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who informed us that it was not quite time to check in but allowed us to store our luggage and even pointed out some attractions around the city. They also called a cab for us to get to the airport early the next morning and were very helpful with all of our questions.

• 18th Aug 2014

Hi I'm glad our team were able to assist. Their local knowledge is outstanding and are always happy to help. Hope to see you soon. Kind Regards Team HOAX

I just loved it. Will be back.

We will look forward to your return :-) Kind Regards Team HOAX

Really nice hostel at a great location.,, . Beautifull building and nice and clean rooms. Bathrooms and shower were great! Every bed has a big locker, that's very nice. Didn't like the kitchen, it is at level -2 and doesn't invite you to cook and is impossible with a group. Also the noise from the area is quite loud... coule be better...

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in - spotlessly clean and comfortable. The first hostel I've encountered in months of travelling that provides free towels! Such a luxury! Very sleek and modern decor. It did feel a bit impersonal, and could do with a larger guest kitchen. Otherwise, it had all the facilities you need in a hostel. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Best hostel in UK!! One step from the Cavern Club!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5