Hoax Hostel Reviews

Kansas Buildings, 50-54 Stanley Street, Liverpool, England

This place "ain't no hoax" haha, had to do that! Loved it here. 1. When Google maps led me astray, I called Hoax, and the gal at the front desk emailed me step by step instructions to get there. When I arrive she was awesome and friendly. 2. The space is clean, en suite shower and toilet. Lights and power sockets at every bed. Lockers at your bed side, you just need a padlock. 3. Lounge on the lower floor was cool and I imagine busy in the evenings. It's a busy area, even at night. :)

Great location. Superb facilities.

Everything about this hostel was great. The beds were nice, en suite bathrooms, luggage room, etc. Only thing about the location is that its almost too good in that you are so close to the bars/ clubs that you can hear them most of the night Nothing a few ear plugs can't fix.

the hostels location is a bit of a double edged sword. it's literally steps to Mathew street and a bunch of great shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs. however if you plan on going to bed before 2am bring ear plugs! personally, I think it's worth the noise. only complaint with the hostel is that I couldn't find the kitchen or the laundry area! I'd also say it's a bit expensive for what you get, but all in all not a bad stay.

Clean, secure. Wifi working everywhere without problems, unlike other hostels I've been. Just be aware it's just around the corner of the Cavern quarter. I stayed during the week and it was no problem, but already on Thursday the music and noise from the street below get quite loud. It didn't bother me - I can sleep in any situation - but if you are a light sleeper and not in Liverpool to party, you are warned.

I've only been here for a couple of hours sleep. But this place made quite an impression on me! Perfectly clean, tidy, spacious room (go for Deluxe, it's worth it...) and comfy beds. I've never liked hostel showers - but it was even FUN, having a shower here :) The bar downstairs is pretty with competent staff behind the counter. Next time I'll sure stay a bit longer!

Honestly the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in. I had a female deluxe room and it was fantastic. The facilities were very clean, lockers by the beds, large rooms. Would for sure go back!

I cant really provide a good review as i stayed mid week and the hostel was very very quiet. Thus the atmosphere suffered greatly. The hostel itself was nice, everything was run well, the staff friendly and the facilities were up to standard. The beds were very uncomfortable and i failed to have a good night's sleep here and it didnt help my mood at all.

Great place. Lovely staff and room. Only downside is that it's quite loud because of the location but that isn't something that they don't already warn you about. And there is a pot at the desk with earplugs for you to take which I thought was a nice touch.

• 6th Mar 2015

Hostelworld says "towels included", but they are not.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

Hi Thanks for taking time to leave a review. We do provide towels at £1 each available from reception. Hope you had a good trip The Hoax Team

Good location, clean and quiet, would use again.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Hi Thanks for the review, great to see to see you would use us again. The Hoax Team

Ideal location and price for what we wanted, which was simply a place to rest our heads after a night out in the city. Very clean too.

• 20th Feb 2015

Hi Thanks for taking time to post a review, great to see Hoax was what you wanted, see you again soon The Hoax Team

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The location is simply great, it is really close to The Cavern. However, regarding the beds, they are very close to the ceiling, I'm a small person yet I had problems while trying to get out of bed haha

Hi Thanks for the great review, we aim to be the best hostel anyone can stay in! The Hoax Team

There are a few very very loud nightclubs just outside and it is not possible to sleep before 2am. But then again, if you're staying at the Cavern Quarter you're not planning on going to bed before 2am!

• 19th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hi Thanks for the review, we are privileged to be so close to the great night life. We also provide ear plugs FOC for those who need them The Hoax Team

Really lovely hostel and great location - thanks Hoax!

• 19th Feb 2015

Hi, Thanks for the great review - your very welcome! See you again soon The Hoax Team

Pros: Clean, very good location, Cons: Tiny rooms, Tiny bathroom, loud music around hostel

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Turkey

Hey, thanks for taking time to review, glad you enjoyed our standards of cleanliness and our great location. Apologies if the music disturbed you from the surrounding bars. Next time please request a quiet room. The Hoax Team

One of the best hostels I've ever been, you won't find a better location in Liverpool, the hostel is very cool, with good facilities, staff were very helpful, spacious rooms, everything was very clean, nice atmosphere, good price and very close to Cavern Club. What else could you ask for? I would definitely staying with them again and I won't hesitate in recommending them to some friends of mine.

Hey thanks for the great review and for the recommendation , look forward to seeing you again The Hoax Team

Muy bueno el hostel, lo mejor que tiene es la ubicación. Mi única crítica es el desayuno muy caro y bastante malo lo que servían. Lo demás todo bien.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

We went to Liverpool for a girly weekend and booked a 4bed private dorm. It was very clean and big enough for us and all our bags!! The location was amongst all the bars and shops so we didn't need to get a taxi anywhere!! For £35 per night per person and taking into account the location etc, it was great value for money! I would definitely recommend this hostel again!

• 6th Feb 2015

Hey thanks for the positive review and the recommendation The Hoax Team !

The hostel is right next to a club, which you hear VERY well when you try to sleep. Also didn't get the feeling that the staff did their very best to assist you when there was problems with the room. Facilities of the hostel were very nice and fresh though.

Hi Thanks for the review, sorry to hear the noise affected your stay. We do provide ear plugs to help our guests that are not here to party sleep. The Hoax Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3