Hobart Hostel Reviews

41 Barrack Street, Hobart, 7000, Corner Barrack and Goulburn Streets, Hobart, Australia

the hostel is quite old and dated which isn't bad if done right but this one just looked tried and in need of a touch up every time you wanted to use the kitchen you had to wash everything before you could use them. There were signs around the hostel asking for people to be clean and tidy but some just came across as been rude. The room wasn't a bad size and had what you would expect but again looked dated and tried

a really nice place to stay, extremely clean and welcoming, with a big living room to relax.

I enjoyed my stay. The hostel was cosy and clean and the staff was very friendly

• 23rd Jul 2015

This Hostel is central and a good location to everything in Hobart. However the man on reception was a bit rude, asked to pay separate as there was two of us and refused. No central heating so in the winter it is cold Our room wasn't locked so anyone could walk in the room Then the lights in the room and toilets broke so could have a shower in the morning as there was no windows so no natural light Also came back one day and our room door was ajar. Nice Kitchen though.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Has fair sized kitchen that is decently equipment, wifi is strong and free. Those are the two best things about the hostel. I froze temperature wise for 4 days. Felt like no heat (was wearing 4 t-shirts under a jacket, 3 pairs of shorts under track pants and 2 pairs of socks every day) and I'm not usually too affected by cold, but when it is 5 C and it feels colder inside than outside, it bothers me. I don't suggest going to Tasmania during the Winter months, horrible weather on top of it.

Very relaxed hostel, great showers, wonderful location. Cold in winter but that is to be expected, the only negative thing i have to say, is that it says it provides free tea and coffee, but provided no milk (I'm a tea addict that stuff is important to me :P )

Front rooms a bit cold, had cold air coming from the window of the bathroom

was a nice quiet hostel, not so many people, but the stuff was not very friendly. I asked how to get to some attractions and got the answer: why don`t you look in the internet. also there were construction works ongoing since the day of my arrival. on the second day, the window in my room was missing and the room was dirty. the reaction on my concerns that at least a previous notice would have been appropriate was not an excuse, instead she told me obvious untrue things... very poor!!!

Hello, Yes we were updating some rooms, but your comments do not make any sense, besides so; what you express is not true. Have a great time in Australia Tony

the atmosphere was more based on the travelers there. everyone sitting in complete silence. talked to a few people that had been there a while and they said the same. people seemed aloof. maybe having some group activities set up in the hostel would make it better for socializing.

• 24th Mar 2015

Hello, Seems to me that such a experience in my Family Hostel was not up to your expectations. Some times we get very boring guests spending all the time watching their face book etc. What can a say ? if so quiet is bad, if too noise & rowdy is bad also. "We never can win" I great day to you Tony

The facilities are arage but clean and the day staff are extremely helpful and flexible.

Hello, Thank you for your stay with us recently, surely appreciate your feed back. RegsTony