Hobart Hostel Reviews

41 Barrack Street, Hobart, 7000, Corner Barrack and Goulburn Streets, Hobart, Australia

was a nice quiet hostel, not so many people, but the stuff was not very friendly. I asked how to get to some attractions and got the answer: why don`t you look in the internet. also there were construction works ongoing since the day of my arrival. on the second day, the window in my room was missing and the room was dirty. the reaction on my concerns that at least a previous notice would have been appropriate was not an excuse, instead she told me obvious untrue things... very poor!!!

the atmosphere was more based on the travelers there. everyone sitting in complete silence. talked to a few people that had been there a while and they said the same. people seemed aloof. maybe having some group activities set up in the hostel would make it better for socializing.

• 24th Mar 2015

The facilities are arage but clean and the day staff are extremely helpful and flexible.

Nice Hostel with nice atmosphere.

Nice Staff and Good Location. Everythings are very well.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hobart hostel has a serious immature operation with its online third-party booking system. At first, they couldn't confirm my booking. One day after when I called them back they couldn't confirm again. After one day I called them again, they spent 5 mins to find my name & my booking. I complained they didn't call me back at all. They just said:" You have problem you contact with Hostelworld. I don't have time with you anymore." At last, I lost my money of first night staying.

We received a warm welcome from a lovely Portuguese lady. Great place to stay if you're looking for somewhere quiet, clean and a convenient location.

• 7th Nov 2014