Hobart Hostel Reviews

41 Barrack Street, Hobart, 7000, Corner Barrack and Goulburn Streets, Hobart, Australia

the hostel is quite old and dated which isn't bad if done right but this one just looked tried and in need of a touch up every time you wanted to use the kitchen you had to wash everything before you could use them. There were signs around the hostel asking for people to be clean and tidy but some just came across as been rude. The room wasn't a bad size and had what you would expect but again looked dated and tried

Hello Martin, thank you for your feedback. Building is a heritage trust, that's to say to much can be done. Yes, there are some guests with some desire to keep everything untidy. that's why with have to remind then that facilities are for all. Some Mothers do have them !

a really nice place to stay, extremely clean and welcoming, with a big living room to relax.

Thanks Vanda for your comments and above all your stay with us. Tony

I enjoyed my stay. The hostel was cosy and clean and the staff was very friendly

• 23rd Jul 2015

This Hostel is central and a good location to everything in Hobart. However the man on reception was a bit rude, asked to pay separate as there was two of us and refused. No central heating so in the winter it is cold Our room wasn't locked so anyone could walk in the room Then the lights in the room and toilets broke so could have a shower in the morning as there was no windows so no natural light Also came back one day and our room door was ajar. Nice Kitchen though.

Has fair sized kitchen that is decently equipment, wifi is strong and free. Those are the two best things about the hostel. I froze temperature wise for 4 days. Felt like no heat (was wearing 4 t-shirts under a jacket, 3 pairs of shorts under track pants and 2 pairs of socks every day) and I'm not usually too affected by cold, but when it is 5 C and it feels colder inside than outside, it bothers me. I don't suggest going to Tasmania during the Winter months, horrible weather on top of it.

Very relaxed hostel, great showers, wonderful location. Cold in winter but that is to be expected, the only negative thing i have to say, is that it says it provides free tea and coffee, but provided no milk (I'm a tea addict that stuff is important to me :P )

Front rooms a bit cold, had cold air coming from the window of the bathroom