Hobo Bear Hostel Reviews

Andrije Medulica 4, Zagreb, Croatia

Great location!!!!

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Slovenia

Excellent facilities and some of the most friendly and helpful staff I've met in Croatia. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in Zagreb.

The staff was awesome, but that was all

I stayed with my daughter in a twin room in a building opposite the main hostel. The kitchen was well equipped and sharing a bathroom and toilet was not a problem. The location is excellent but the price you pay is that there is quite a lot of traffic noise especially as our room was at the front. However, if you are nocturnal do not count on getting much sleep during the day as it is pretty much like staying on a building site at the moment. This said we had a good time.

Only stopped by for one night. Was welcomed by a friendly staff by the name of Ida, who gave me a quick tutorial of Zagreb. A very cosy feeling in the hostel, which I liked but might not necessarily appeal to party-goers.

• 6th Sep 2014

Great hostel, location, and staff. Stayed in an 8-person dorm with nice people. Sanya, the receptionist, was super helpful!! Had some trouble with wi-fi in the common area; one of the bathroom doors didn't lock, but there were many options. Happy Hour was great.

Good hostel, only stayed for one night. Well located and the staff is helpful. The window of my room led directly to the street, but that doesn't seem to be a security problem. Could be a little bit cleaner (kitchen cookware most of all) and the lock on one of the restrooms' doors was broken, but, again, that was no source of problems. Overall, good value for money.

One of the best hostels I've visited. No complaints really.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Brilliant hostel, couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Zagreb. Small enough to really meet the other guests and go out together. We would definitely come back!

• 25th Aug 2014

Two of us stayed in the private twin. It is in a separate building to the rest of the hostel and is in quite a nice apartment with a decent kitchen. The other occupants kept to themselves which was fine as we were pretty busy. Nice place and happy with our stay.

Stayed for one night. The staff are awesome and will help you with anything you need. Location is central and close to the squares, shopping and bars. Well equipped kitchen and a good common area. I would stay here again if I ever return to Zagreb.

The hostel is pretty nice. About 10 mins walk from the centre and all the things to do.

Great hostel in a nice part of Zagreb. Very friendly staff

It was a very pleasant stay, with a very clean kitchen. It is about a 10/15minute walk from the centre very easy to reach and very close to the nearest tramstop. Not many bathrooms so occasionally had to wait for a shower but didn't really find this a problem when we were there. The staff were really helpful and the internet was really good!

super cute small hostel. great staff.

I only stayed a night, but this was an really quality hostel. Friendly staff, great location, nice common areas. The only downside is it's not a 24/7 reception, so that's why the rating isn't 100%

If you're going to have a lay over or even just a few night there in Zagreb this is the hostel you want to stay at. IT is very close to everything and this very fantastic restaurant for such a reasonable price. This is a must stay hostel if you're going to be here in Zagreb.

We had a great stay here. The Hobo Bear is a perfect size and has a lovely common room for meeting people and having a beer in the evening. The fact that the main common room area closes at around midnight is also good for ensuring there isn't too much noise late into the night. Staff friendly and knowledgable. Rooms fairly comfortable though very hot- if the hostel could just invest in a few more fans to help ventilate the rooms (which only have tiny windows) then the place would be perfect.

Malheureusement nous ne sommes restées qu'une seule nuit dans cette auberge mais rien à redire, accueil super et chambre propre et ventilée. Proche du centre de Zagreb. Unfortunately we stayed only single night in this hostel but nothing to add, great welcome and clean and ventilated room. Close to the center of Zagreb.

The hostel was nice and clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful. My only concern was that, the dorm got really hot, so other travelers kept the window open, which had no protection and the room was easily accessible from the street, so people could jump and steal our stuff. Unfortunately I have seen this kind of robberies at other hostels, so I was worried about getting someone in the room even in the middle of the night. There were lockers, but it would be better to have protections.

« first « Prev 1 2 3