Hobo Bear Hostel Reviews

Andrije Medulica 4, Zagreb, Croatia

The staff at Hobo Bear are fantastic, and they're what really makes the stay perfect. Pretty good location, and they know answers to all your questions. Would totally stay here again!

Fingers crossed for you guys. Keep up the good work!

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hostel was very well laid out. Good Wi-Fi, comfy beds. Location was easy to find and close to attractions. Staff super friendly. It was low season so not many people around but none the lest they went out of their way to help me. This hostel was great highly recommend it.

Our staying in Hobo Bear was wonderful : a cozy hostel with an amazing staff, very helpful and funny... We really felt like home in this warm atmosphere ! The hostel is very well situated, close to the main square. Thank you very much and see you soon ;) Valentin

• 6th Feb 2014

Its really a nice placê, good staffs, close to the main places. Unfortunately it was empty due to winter season.

The staff was very nice and it was in a very great location. I got the opportunity to meet new friends and I enjoyed the company of the staff. If you are lucky, you might get a free welcome drink! Plus, breakfast is included, so you will not starve. What is not to like!

• 30th Jan 2014

Quite and nice hostel! Perfect location!

thank you for that wonderful stay, i had a great time there with my two best friends and my croatian girlfriend :D

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Switzerland

I have stayed at many hostels across Europe and Hobo bear is among my favorite. It is cozy and the staff are great. Special shout out to Mircha! She went out of her way to make my stay in Zagreb memorable. And it wasn't just for me. As an example, on my arrival, the airlines had misplaced my luggage; she called them and coordinated getting it delivered. She also coordinated a cab for my early morning airport drop off. Finally, she showed us good bars in the city. Great fun!

• 26th Dec 2013

It’s a small but very cosy Hostel. Hobo meets perfectly the properties of a Hostel, the basic (but all you need) in facilities and a very good atmosphere and friendly staff. Location of Hobo is about 10 minutes walking from main square, so also this is an advantage. I’ve stayed there two times (so far) and have no complaints about it.

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Belgium

The Hobo Bear Hoster was really really nice ever!!!!!! If I go to Croatia again, I will book again :)

• 6th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

One of the best hostels I've been to. The staff are great: always happy to help out and are lots of fun (especially after a couple of rakki’s!). There are plenty of bathroom facilities and the kitchen is always clean. The lounge has a very homely feel to it, you sometimes forget you are even in a hostel.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Wales

Great hostel. Really awesome staff.

Simply excellent, modern hostel in the center of the city with the best staff! It values every penny and, what is more important, it is cheap for what it includes and how it is. We recommend it! :D

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Croatia

Very helpful staff....went out of their way to contact the owner of a bus company when we missed our bus and got our return ticket validated....very helpful

• 5th Nov 2013

I was one of the only two hosted at Hobo Bear at the night I spent there. Marco, the owner and also the recepcionist, was very friendly! Marco was with his dogs inside the hostel, but it was probably because it was empty. Can´t tell how things works when it´s with more people there, but the location is fine and really worth by its price.

Even though there weren't many people there at the time the staff was very attentive. They even put up Halloween decorations for us! The location works great with just a short walk to the main square, I only bought a tram ticket to get to the cemetery and the bus terminal. AND FREE BREAKFAST!

Nice small hostel just a few minutes from the city center by foot. The location is cool with a nice common room downstairs and a clean kitchen upstairs. The staff is great and helped us in all belongings with great recommendations about nightlife etc. (thank you so much!) The beds/mattresses were unfortunately not very comfortable (too thin) and the upper shower should be renovated.

Stayed out of season so atmosphere was quite quiet. However, hostel has great common area with huge comfy sofas, alcoholic drinks and tv which is perfect to relax and meet friends (closed strictly at midnight). Great value, good kitchen faciltes, walking distance to most activities. Would stay gain