Hobo Bear Hostel Reviews

Andrije Medulica 4, Zagreb, Croatia

Always like to come back here!

About a 10 minute from the city centre and really easy to find. Facilities and basic but pretty sound - would stay again.

Brilliant hostel, very central and easy to find. Staff gave good recommendations for where to go and were extremely helpful. Only thing was the bathrooms were quite small and got very messy very quickly. But overall a great hostel, cheap and very friendly

• 29th Jun 2015

We only stayed here for one day because there wasn't really much to do in Zagreb so we just went straight to the beach (which I definitely recommend). But the staff was really nice and they told us the most important things to do in Zagreb if you only have a few hours. They had a living room but there weren't many people there. The kitchen was very good and the bathrooms were fine too. If you stay in Zagreb it's definitely a good hostel, only I wouldn't stay there more than one night.

Had a cozy common room. Staff were helpful and really nice. Not far from central sites! Only one tram ride from the station.

Brilliant hostel, great location and fabulous staff. Loved my staff here as well as the beautiful city of Zagreb. The staff we extremely welcoming and helpful, with vast knowledge of the city. Rooms were small and basic but this was not a problem due to the fantastic large common area. Highly recommend this hostel. Thank you!

Awesome stay! Very friendly staff with cosy setting in the common area, simply love this place. But not enough bathrooms so you have to wait a bit if you want to take a shower.

Not sure why this hostel has such amazing reviews and has won so many awards!? I felt kind of led astray by the reviews. It was a completely average hostel. Everything is old and not quite up to date, pillows are tiny plastic ones and the bathrooms are kinda falling apart. The wifi also did not work in our room. On the other hand tho the staff are absolutely amazing! They were so friendly and helpful!

The staff here are awesome, very accommodating and helpful, with maps and walking tour, and I had a strange connecting bus from a flight and they arranged an airport transfer for me. They also provided tips on my travel around Croatia, and provided a bus timetable for my onward journey to Plitvice Lakes when a tour had insufficient numbers to go ahead. The hostel is a 10min walk from the main square, there are closer hostels but I think this ones worth it, you walk past nice shops and bakeries!

Great hostel! Busy when I was there, so lots of people to meet. Lots of space to chill in - downstairs in the lobby there are large, comfortable sofas, and the kitchen is a sociable space. They have two computers which work slightly slowly, but otherwise well. Very clean and well kept up.

Can't say enough good things about this hostel! Great location, less than a minute to tram stop. Great atmosphere, be prepared to drink rakja. Awesome staff. (Thanks again Ida for finding my other shoe!) I'd never stay anywhere else in Zagreb!

We stayed here just for two nights but we had so much fun! Ina was always up for some rakija shots and she made the nights fun. The atmosphere is chilled but with a bit of party at night and it's a great way to start the night. Mojo bar was really fun! I recommend trying all their different rakija flavours! The hostel is cute and small, the rooms are a little bit crowded, but beds are comfortable. Try to get into the shower early before it gets too dirty! A good place to stay in Zagreb!

Great hostel! Really friendly and great location

The common room was by far the most beautiful and comfortable I've seen! Also the kitchen was well-equipped and there were lockers in rooms. Staff was really nice and helpful with everything! I'd definitely go again.

Absolutely loved this hostel, so much so we came back within a week! The atmosphere is always pleasant and the place itself is in a great location and always clean. The main selling point for this hostel though is definitely the staff who are so welcoming and nothing is too much trouble for them. 100% recommend!

• 1st Jun 2015

Hostel was very hot in the rooms, this meant you had to leave the window open all night. Anyone on the street could have easily climbed in during the night, also very noisy from traffic. Atmosphere was good and the staff was pleasant, but not friendly.

My boyfriend and I stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom. It wasn't the cleanest feeling place and everything seemed really outdated. To get to the room, you have to go through a concrete hallway in a building that smells like urine, which was unpleasant. The room was a pretty good size and felt cleaner than the rest of the building. The staff was really friendly and welcoming!

The hostel is located in the city center we could reach everything by walk. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. They gave as numerous tips and they recommended to us the best restaurants, pubs, sightseeing options and programs. They helped us even after we officially leaved the hostel, so I am extremely grateful! I loved these two days in Zagreb! Hvala!

If you're going to be in Zagreb, stay here. This staff know what it's like to travel, and are incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, caring, and accommodating. Highly recommend. I will definitely be coming back if I ever get the chance to revisit Croatia.

Stayed here one night. Great hostel. Comfortable, clean, great wifi, good kitchen. Easy to get to from the station. Recommended. Enjoyed my stay!