Hobo Bear Hostel Reviews

Andrije Medulica 4, Zagreb, Croatia

Brilliant hostel

Really helpful staff. Very quiet hostel. Good kitchen but smallish rooms.

Only here for one night, but it was a great location and the staff are excellent and exceedingly knowledgeable and helpful. The lack of air conditioning made for a rough night in our room during a heat wave though. Otherwise, great accommodations. Highly recommend if you're visiting Zagreb during more temperate weather (:

Very nice hostel with great stuff located into the city center of Zagreb. There one only one issue with it - DO NOT GO THERE IN HOT SUMMER NIGHT....the hostel doesn't have air conditioning and one of the rooms (4 persons) is not only hot....it's sauna during the night. Few people didn't sleep at all during the night I was there, to be more "comfortable" the mathresses are packed in some kind of plactic things that make the heat even more brutal. Otherwise good hostel for the money and location.

The hostel is pretty ok and very well located. I can confirm other commentators statements that it is not clear why the hostel should have won that much prices and awards. It is good, but nothing special. Location is quite good. And the staff indeed very friendly and helpful. I recommend staying there but there are definitely more special hostels out there!

I think Hobo Bear is a great place, the staff is excellent, and the facilities are good. The only thing I would like to mention, is that there were some maintenance issues (e.g. bunk bed ladder was loose) that need to be attended. Otherwise all was well.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Hungary

Clean and comfortable. Rather quiet. Next to the city centre. Nice but small kitchen. Friendly staff.

Always like to come back here!

Hobo Bear is an average hostel at best. We arrived in our dorm to find 4 lights not working, a broken fan, a broken locker, ripped bed sheets and chewing gum stuck to the bed frames. On the first night we were woken by the police at 3am as a girl next door had her bag and phone stolen. We also shared with 2 girls who despite the security risk refused to sleep with the windows shut and door locked. Aircon and more showers are needed. The staff and location were the only positives.

Cool spot to stay at in Zagreb. Unfortunately lots of people simply going through and staying for a single night while we were there so it was pretty quiet the weekend we stayed. Excellent staff though! Also, it got extremely hot in our dorm (8 person) while we were there, so be aware.

About a 10 minute from the city centre and really easy to find. Facilities and basic but pretty sound - would stay again.

only stayed for one night but really cool hostel with a great atmosphere. cheep beers free shots and a great chill out area. good kitchen also wish we could have stayed longer

Brilliant hostel, very central and easy to find. Staff gave good recommendations for where to go and were extremely helpful. Only thing was the bathrooms were quite small and got very messy very quickly. But overall a great hostel, cheap and very friendly

• 29th Jun 2015

General hostel, but room was small and hot. I think 6 dorm room is the best..8 dorm is small, 4 dorm is noisy, double room is in fromt of bath room.

I was very pleasantly surprised to find a really cheap hostel in such a great location, and with hygiene standards. Very clean, it also has enough toilets and showers, you get a locker in your room, the kitchen is small but serves its purpose. None of the areas were ever dirty. Wifi worked wonderfully. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hostel, and will stay there again myself.

We only stayed here for one day because there wasn't really much to do in Zagreb so we just went straight to the beach (which I definitely recommend). But the staff was really nice and they told us the most important things to do in Zagreb if you only have a few hours. They had a living room but there weren't many people there. The kitchen was very good and the bathrooms were fine too. If you stay in Zagreb it's definitely a good hostel, only I wouldn't stay there more than one night.

Had a cozy common room. Staff were helpful and really nice. Not far from central sites! Only one tram ride from the station.

Great hostel, common room very welcoming, kitchen whit all you need, and good bedroom. A small hostel, but very family, and great atmosphere. I recommend !

Brilliant hostel, great location and fabulous staff. Loved my staff here as well as the beautiful city of Zagreb. The staff we extremely welcoming and helpful, with vast knowledge of the city. Rooms were small and basic but this was not a problem due to the fantastic large common area. Highly recommend this hostel. Thank you!

Awesome stay! Very friendly staff with cosy setting in the common area, simply love this place. But not enough bathrooms so you have to wait a bit if you want to take a shower.

« first « Prev 1 2 3