Hobo Bear Hostel Reviews

Andrije Medulica 4, Zagreb, Croatia

Fantastic hostel - comfy, clean and great staff - really easy to meet people too. Would recommend and would definitely stay again!

Amazing hostel, we were only here for one night and absolutely loved it - wish we could have stayed. Great location just 5 mins from main square, staff were so friendly - free shots when we were playing drinking games. Kitchen is well-equipped and common area is good for meeting other travellers. Loved it!

Lived up to its hype. Extremely helpful, efficient and friendly staff. Kitchen facilities were second to none but in the end didn't use them as a very good recommendation for a traditional restaurant was made by staff. Not too far a walk from train station.

About a 15min walk from the train station. Very walkable (did it with travel bags). Good spot. Good atmosphere and very helpful staff.

Cool place, great staff

we are happy for the pick up service. the staff are helpful.

I had a great time in Zagreb. This hostel was easy to get to and very clean. The staff was amazing!

Hobo Bear was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, the kitchen was very clean and organized, the bathrooms were great as well. The common area also had a lot of character. Overall, it was an awesome place for meeting fellow travelers.

Great staff,good location,clean and good place for meeting people

Loved that we could get a free beer for singing Bratec Martin in croatian language. It is worth the effort! Hahah

• 10th Jul 2014

Nice staff, good atmosphere, clean and easy

Sanja is a sweetheart! Do the plitzvicka day trip with Vuku. Have a meal at Medvedgrad (spellcheck) or Kava Tava. Have cevapi from 125 Ilica. Good location and great staff!

Thank you to the staff who were very helpful, nice and welcoming. We liked the size of the hostel (small, with a family like atmosphere). Also, the room was very clean. The only drawback for us would be the fact that on our second night there, there was a group of boys who stayed in the kitchen until late and who were very noisy, so we couldn't sleep. We know it's a youth hostel and not a luxury hotel, and it's not the staff's fault, but we thought it might help to let you know.

• 1st Jul 2014

Only stayed one night but I had a good time while I was there. Very friendly staff and good location

For an hostel that is supposedly one of the Best of the World, it clearly didn't meet my expectations. Rooms were PACKED with no place to move around mostly because lockers were too small to fit any of the backpack. The place was also really small and crowded. Staff was great though.

It is one of the hostels that I really love. The staff are superb helpful. They helped me to choose a good hotel in another city and contact the host . They helped me to get back my beg even I have moved to another city. As for the room, it is very cosy, clean, the condition of the beds are also excellent. I like the decoration of the hostel as well, there are many poetries on the wall can make you smile. The location of the hostel is very convenient. It must be your best choice.

Great location.

The staff were very friendly, a d I had a good time watching the world cup in the den and going for outings. It is close to the main square and a beautiful walk from the station. I definitely recommend Hobo Bear.

Wonderful and helpful staff in great atmosphere/location.

The four nights I spent in Zagreb were likely the most memorable part of my 6 week trip, and that is due in huge part to the hobo bear hostel and it's incredible staff. The hostel itself is clean, comfortable, and has such character (make sure to take your time at least once climbing the staircase separating the common rooms from the bedrooms, the artwork is worth it). Thank you Sanja, Marijana, and Ida, I can't wait to come back!