Hobo Bear Hostel Reviews

Andrije Medulica 4, Zagreb, Croatia

Clean and comfortable. Rather quiet. Next to the city centre. Nice but small kitchen. Friendly staff.

Always like to come back here!

Hobo Bear is an average hostel at best. We arrived in our dorm to find 4 lights not working, a broken fan, a broken locker, ripped bed sheets and chewing gum stuck to the bed frames. On the first night we were woken by the police at 3am as a girl next door had her bag and phone stolen. We also shared with 2 girls who despite the security risk refused to sleep with the windows shut and door locked. Aircon and more showers are needed. The staff and location were the only positives.

Cool spot to stay at in Zagreb. Unfortunately lots of people simply going through and staying for a single night while we were there so it was pretty quiet the weekend we stayed. Excellent staff though! Also, it got extremely hot in our dorm (8 person) while we were there, so be aware.

My second time staying in the Hobo Bear - once in a private room and once in a dorm. This hostel is in an excellent location, right in the heart of the city and only a short tram / 15 minute walk from the train station. The staff are really helpful and the beer is cheap. Wifi works well and lockers feel secure. Would recommend !

About a 10 minute from the city centre and really easy to find. Facilities and basic but pretty sound - would stay again.

Nice feel to hostel staff lovely. Good location and basic rooms, would go back.

only stayed for one night but really cool hostel with a great atmosphere. cheep beers free shots and a great chill out area. good kitchen also wish we could have stayed longer

Brilliant hostel, very central and easy to find. Staff gave good recommendations for where to go and were extremely helpful. Only thing was the bathrooms were quite small and got very messy very quickly. But overall a great hostel, cheap and very friendly

• 29th Jun 2015

General hostel, but room was small and hot. I think 6 dorm room is the best..8 dorm is small, 4 dorm is noisy, double room is in fromt of bath room.

I was very pleasantly surprised to find a really cheap hostel in such a great location, and with hygiene standards. Very clean, it also has enough toilets and showers, you get a locker in your room, the kitchen is small but serves its purpose. None of the areas were ever dirty. Wifi worked wonderfully. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hostel, and will stay there again myself.

We only stayed here for one day because there wasn't really much to do in Zagreb so we just went straight to the beach (which I definitely recommend). But the staff was really nice and they told us the most important things to do in Zagreb if you only have a few hours. They had a living room but there weren't many people there. The kitchen was very good and the bathrooms were fine too. If you stay in Zagreb it's definitely a good hostel, only I wouldn't stay there more than one night.

Had a cozy common room. Staff were helpful and really nice. Not far from central sites! Only one tram ride from the station.

Great hostel, common room very welcoming, kitchen whit all you need, and good bedroom. A small hostel, but very family, and great atmosphere. I recommend !

Brilliant hostel, great location and fabulous staff. Loved my staff here as well as the beautiful city of Zagreb. The staff we extremely welcoming and helpful, with vast knowledge of the city. Rooms were small and basic but this was not a problem due to the fantastic large common area. Highly recommend this hostel. Thank you!

Awesome stay! Very friendly staff with cosy setting in the common area, simply love this place. But not enough bathrooms so you have to wait a bit if you want to take a shower.

Not sure why this hostel has such amazing reviews and has won so many awards!? I felt kind of led astray by the reviews. It was a completely average hostel. Everything is old and not quite up to date, pillows are tiny plastic ones and the bathrooms are kinda falling apart. The wifi also did not work in our room. On the other hand tho the staff are absolutely amazing! They were so friendly and helpful!

The staff here are awesome, very accommodating and helpful, with maps and walking tour, and I had a strange connecting bus from a flight and they arranged an airport transfer for me. They also provided tips on my travel around Croatia, and provided a bus timetable for my onward journey to Plitvice Lakes when a tour had insufficient numbers to go ahead. The hostel is a 10min walk from the main square, there are closer hostels but I think this ones worth it, you walk past nice shops and bakeries!

Great hostel! Busy when I was there, so lots of people to meet. Lots of space to chill in - downstairs in the lobby there are large, comfortable sofas, and the kitchen is a sociable space. They have two computers which work slightly slowly, but otherwise well. Very clean and well kept up.

Can't say enough good things about this hostel! Great location, less than a minute to tram stop. Great atmosphere, be prepared to drink rakja. Awesome staff. (Thanks again Ida for finding my other shoe!) I'd never stay anywhere else in Zagreb!