Hobo Bear Hostel Reviews

Andrije Medulica 4, Zagreb, Croatia

I thought the staff was great very friendly. The rooms were great and each bunk had its own safe underneath where a whole bag could fit. The facilities are nice with the living room downstairs that is very inviting and the location is excellent!

• 15th Aug 2013

A really nice little hostel, the rooms were spacious and clean and the communal area had a great atmosphere. The staff were friendly and exceptionally helpful, it's a shame we couldn't have stayed longer!

Great hostel, lots of fun! Lovely staff who are happy to answer any questions. Great common area for meeting other people. Comfortable bunk beds with lockers, good kitchen, good wifi. Had a really great time here!

This Hostel was one of the best i have stayed in. Its location is great and most importantly the staff were amazingly helpful. The twin sisters were a great help and made me feel comfortable. They also have great knowledge of the city which was handy. The manager is a quality bloke. He took a few of us out for drinks (last minute plan). and showed us the best bars. Couldn't be any more happy with my stay. Good work hostel people :-)

Great hostel. The staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. I lost my phone at the hostel when I left for Budapest, and the staff went above and beyond to ensure I received it. Good kitchen, bathrooms, close proximity to shops, great they have computers free to use. Definitely recommend.

• 11th Aug 2013

My stay at Hobo Bear's was really nice. The hostel is very small and cozy, making you feel at home in an instant. Same with the staff, they always try their best to make you feel comfortable or give you travel tips. Also prepare to have some nice croatian liquors and beers and exchange stories :). The only drawback was the heat in the dorm. A vent at the ceiling would be really nice :). Will definitely come back, if I go to Zagreb again

A very nice relaxed small hostel with very helpful and friendly staff.

버스터미널괌기차역에서 도보로 20-30분정도 정신건강상 트램이용 하심이좋은듯 친절하고 깨끗하나 쉴공간이 부족 주방이 방 앞이라 조금 불편

Gets incredibly hot in the rooms since there is no air conditioning; difficult to sleep. A few mosquitoes here and there. The rooms are very close to the window and easy for someone to jump in from the street, if the windows are not closed properly.

Great, friendly, helpful & knowledgeable staff made the stay in Zagreb fun and easy! They need bigger pillows for the beds!!!

Nice place to stay, I recommend it! It's just too hot in the summer.

The hostel is perfect, friendly staff, clean areas, nice common room. My room was nice though a bit small. I recommend it !

Overall a good place to stay. We were in a separate building but this was just across the road so didn't cause any problems. Nice atmosphere in common area and very cheap happy hour on beer! Clean and functional rooms.

They understand that having a staff that likes travelers is at the core of a hostel's function. Everything else is secondary. Good folks!

• 27th Jul 2013

The hostel is situated on a poorly signposted slightly dodgy looking street, although the directions from the bus station via the tram are excellent. In terms of security, we found that I as able to lock my locker using the same key as my roommates locker (whom I didn't know) so technically we could access each others private belongings. I was in the two private room and it was very noisy upstairs from the kitchen and bathroom and I got woken up at midnight when my new room mate came in.

• 25th Jul 2013
  • Scotland

The rooms were much smaller than advertised, and even though it was very hot-over 30 degrees-there was no fan or ventilation in our room, apart from a very small window that opened only an inch-was a very uncomfortable sleep!!! But the staff were VERY helpful and friendly overall.

• 24th Jul 2013

The overall stay was great, with the rooms and facilities very clean and nicely decorated. however, we were surprised and disappointed to find that the private rooms were in a separate building to the rest of the hostel, down the road. Also, the beds were rather uncomfortable and my bed broke and needed fixing in the middle of the night - for no apparent reason! But overall, was an enjoyable stay and the staff were really friendly.

Awesome staff and great atmosphere! Would def recommend Hobo Bear to anyone going to Zagreb.

This hostel is great. Small and cozy with great staff. The owner is a great guy. He is so helpful and generous! He goes out of his way to be helpful even when he doesn't have to. Highly recommend this hostel!

Very nice hostel near the city center! Cool and helpful stuff, very clean, 24 hours entrance of course. Can absolutely recommend it!