Hobo Bear Hostel Reviews

Andrije Medulica 4, Zagreb, Croatia

Suprise to find ourselves in an apartment, but really nice place with a good bed and a light and cool room, nicely decorated. Shower curtain in need of repair, but otherwise had everything we needed.

The lounge area looked very nice, but I found just was very social, whether that's more to do with the people there or the hostel- I'm not sure. I was too keen on the dorm room, as the window opened onto the street which meant there always seem to be a smell of cigarettes in the room (didn't help with having no so nice smelling room mates!). The shower room could be cleaner. Location is good.

The hostel is great! Clean and in a good location! The best thing in this hostel is the half price in all drinks between 9 to 10 pm!! =)

The rooms and showers were well cleaned and really hygienic. The staff were more than helpful and the atmosphere was great. Whether you wanted to chill or socialise there were accommodating and I am planning to come back in the future!

• 8th Sep 2013

We only satayed for one night but everything was nice! Great staff and great atmosphere! Would def. Stay there again!

• 8th Sep 2013

Great stay- Comfy beds, awesome atmosphere-

We loved Hobo Bear - cheap beer at happy hour, excellent facilities with well-equipped modern kitchen and good bedrooms, and it was very well located for bars/museums/attractions. The staff were really friendly and seemed to know everything about the city! Special shoutout to Mircha who saved us from a near death camping experience - what a sweetheart! Definitely stay here when you come to Zagreb!!

• 5th Sep 2013
  • Scotland

Stayed one night here and another at Maju jaya. This place had nice cozy atmosphere in the bear cave and friendly informative staff. Location was easy and central. Was clean and beds were good. Only thing I didn't like was the small pillow for your bed, they were hygenic little things that felt as good as a beach towl folded over. Would stay again tho but I'd bring a pillow.

I booked this hostel because of the airport transfer service which i assumed was complimentary as it was mentioned - alas, not free they just book you a taxi. Also as i arrived late i had no way of obtaining a towel or water as reception closes early. room was a little dusty and grimey but not terrible.

• 2nd Sep 2013

Lovely little homely hostel! Friendly staff, good common areas and kitchen / bathroom facilities, would definitely recommend this place!

The staff here was fantastic, really going out of their way to help guest and creating a good environment. Mircha was brilliant in recommending things to do/see around Zagreb and Croatia. Zagreb, Hobo Bear I will see you again someday soon!

• 30th Aug 2013

Wifi dos not work inside all rooms

Good small hostel; not much atmosphere but perhaps that was because it was quiet.

This place is awesome. Small enough to feel cosy and homey but not so small that it's not social. Met some great people there and the girls that run the place are so friendly and welcoming! Very clean and beds are decent sizes. Amazing happy hour! It totally suited mine and my boyfriend's needs and I loved all the art, photos and random stuff on the walls. I have promised the girls we will go back to Zagreb, and we will definitely be staying at the Hobo Bear again! Thanks for a great time!

The staff was amazing. I stayed here when most people were large groups, 18, first time away from home, and didn't know how to drink which was unlucky but once they left the atmosphere was great. It's located very close to the upper town which was my favorite place.

Great location, very clean hostel. There was a robbery when i stayed there, but i guess this things happened, and the staff was very responsive.

Hobo Bear was amazing! Hostel is in a perfect location, easy walking distance to everything you want to see. Safe, clean, great relaxing atmosphere. It's best feature though was by far it's staff. I've never had staff go so far out of their way to make life easier for me. Mischa even called our following hostel to help us with a booking issue. Just entirely fantastic. Definitely recommend this place, best hostel of our trip.

Location was great. The hostel is in an old but nice building. I stayed in the apartment which is located in a separate building in the same street, so I can't really tell how's the ambient and facilities in the main building. But I can tell that the rooms and bathrooms were ok, very clean indeed.

Just about everything at the hobo beat was awesome. Great staff, super cheap happy hour, lockers in the room that don't require a lock and only a short walk from the station. Ida and Mircha made the experience even better with their great hospitality and attitude.

This was my first stop on my trip and I loved this hostel! The staff were awesome! Gave us free shots at happy hour, and came out to party with us. Also, super convenient that they have a van service you can sign up for from the Hostel to Plitvice and on to Zadar. Saved me the trouble of having to use public transportation. Thanks guys!

• 17th Aug 2013