Hobo Bear Hostel Reviews

Andrije Medulica 4, Zagreb, Croatia

I booked this hostel because of the airport transfer service which i assumed was complimentary as it was mentioned - alas, not free they just book you a taxi. Also as i arrived late i had no way of obtaining a towel or water as reception closes early. room was a little dusty and grimey but not terrible.

• 2nd Sep 2013

Lovely little homely hostel! Friendly staff, good common areas and kitchen / bathroom facilities, would definitely recommend this place!

The staff here was fantastic, really going out of their way to help guest and creating a good environment. Mircha was brilliant in recommending things to do/see around Zagreb and Croatia. Zagreb, Hobo Bear I will see you again someday soon!

• 30th Aug 2013

Wifi dos not work inside all rooms

Good small hostel; not much atmosphere but perhaps that was because it was quiet.

This place is awesome. Small enough to feel cosy and homey but not so small that it's not social. Met some great people there and the girls that run the place are so friendly and welcoming! Very clean and beds are decent sizes. Amazing happy hour! It totally suited mine and my boyfriend's needs and I loved all the art, photos and random stuff on the walls. I have promised the girls we will go back to Zagreb, and we will definitely be staying at the Hobo Bear again! Thanks for a great time!

The staff was amazing. I stayed here when most people were large groups, 18, first time away from home, and didn't know how to drink which was unlucky but once they left the atmosphere was great. It's located very close to the upper town which was my favorite place.

Great location, very clean hostel. There was a robbery when i stayed there, but i guess this things happened, and the staff was very responsive.

Hobo Bear was amazing! Hostel is in a perfect location, easy walking distance to everything you want to see. Safe, clean, great relaxing atmosphere. It's best feature though was by far it's staff. I've never had staff go so far out of their way to make life easier for me. Mischa even called our following hostel to help us with a booking issue. Just entirely fantastic. Definitely recommend this place, best hostel of our trip.

Location was great. The hostel is in an old but nice building. I stayed in the apartment which is located in a separate building in the same street, so I can't really tell how's the ambient and facilities in the main building. But I can tell that the rooms and bathrooms were ok, very clean indeed.

Just about everything at the hobo beat was awesome. Great staff, super cheap happy hour, lockers in the room that don't require a lock and only a short walk from the station. Ida and Mircha made the experience even better with their great hospitality and attitude.

This was my first stop on my trip and I loved this hostel! The staff were awesome! Gave us free shots at happy hour, and came out to party with us. Also, super convenient that they have a van service you can sign up for from the Hostel to Plitvice and on to Zadar. Saved me the trouble of having to use public transportation. Thanks guys!

• 17th Aug 2013

The hostel was very clean. The common area is a very relaxed atmosphere. If you want calm this is perfect. Bed were fairly comfortable and well kept.

• 16th Aug 2013

I thought the staff was great very friendly. The rooms were great and each bunk had its own safe underneath where a whole bag could fit. The facilities are nice with the living room downstairs that is very inviting and the location is excellent!

• 15th Aug 2013

A really nice little hostel, the rooms were spacious and clean and the communal area had a great atmosphere. The staff were friendly and exceptionally helpful, it's a shame we couldn't have stayed longer!

Great hostel, lots of fun! Lovely staff who are happy to answer any questions. Great common area for meeting other people. Comfortable bunk beds with lockers, good kitchen, good wifi. Had a really great time here!

This Hostel was one of the best i have stayed in. Its location is great and most importantly the staff were amazingly helpful. The twin sisters were a great help and made me feel comfortable. They also have great knowledge of the city which was handy. The manager is a quality bloke. He took a few of us out for drinks (last minute plan). and showed us the best bars. Couldn't be any more happy with my stay. Good work hostel people :-)

Great hostel. The staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. I lost my phone at the hostel when I left for Budapest, and the staff went above and beyond to ensure I received it. Good kitchen, bathrooms, close proximity to shops, great they have computers free to use. Definitely recommend.

• 11th Aug 2013

My stay at Hobo Bear's was really nice. The hostel is very small and cozy, making you feel at home in an instant. Same with the staff, they always try their best to make you feel comfortable or give you travel tips. Also prepare to have some nice croatian liquors and beers and exchange stories :). The only drawback was the heat in the dorm. A vent at the ceiling would be really nice :). Will definitely come back, if I go to Zagreb again

A very nice relaxed small hostel with very helpful and friendly staff.