Hoey Moey Backpackers Reviews

80 Ocean Pde, Coffs Harbour, Australia

It could be a very cool hostel but the rooms and bathrooms are to small, the floor in the bathroom was always wet and the kitchen is bad. Beds are comfortable and clean.

The Hoey Moey is next to the beach, but quite far away from the high street and unless you have a car is quite isolated. The staff I found were not that helpful and you had to stick tightly to the 3 day rule if you wanted to extend your stay. I was moved room because I did not give enough notice, which was unnecessary as I could have stayed in my bed as it was not booked up, very frustrating. The cleanliness was ok but most of the showers were blocked and a lot of the rooms were really messy!

Thanks for your feedback. We ask everyone who would like to extend their stay to give 3 days notice. You had planned to move on but then changed your mind last minute. Luckily we could arrange for you to move into another room. Sorry that you had a blocked shower this has been fixed. Park Beach Plaza has 120 shops and is only a 10 minute walk from us. We have our own bar, bistro and bottle shop and other guests are quite happy to stay with us on the beach rather along the noisy highway in town.

View all Coffs Harbour Hostels