Hoffmanns Hostel Reviews

Charlottenburgerstrassen 135, Berlin, Germany

I've been travelling around Europe, and have stayed at a number of hostels. And Hoffmans Hostel is by the best among the more down-to-earth and interesting. I found it to be a travel experience I willing and of itself, something I will remember fondly. On my way back from Eastern Europe, I wanted to stay at the place where my travels started.

Great place to stay in Berlin. Close to public transport, great comfortable room. The owner took care of me himself and made sure I had everything I needed when I arrived after a long flight. Really felt at home and free to hang out, relax, or learn something about Berlin. Plus the owner is an archaeologist so we got into a nice conversation on history and philosophy. I'll be back to see Hoffmann every time I come to Berlin.

• 1st Mar 2014

I highly, highly recommend this hostel in the center of things in Berlin. Not only were the accommodations just what a traveler is looking for. The staff is very friendly and helpful, including the manager, Ole Hoffmann. This gentleman is even an archeologist -- with background in Egyptology and Viking archeology -- who gave me some great tips on museums. I also like the balance between a staff being there for me when needed...and the lack of the typical hostel's rules.