Hoffmanns Hostel Reviews

Charlottenburgerstrassen 135, Berlin, Germany

Ole Hoffmann is a very welcoming host and was very flexible about our check-in and check-out times. Very nice alternative to a classic dorm-style hostel, set in a quiet part of Berlin. Not extremely close to the center of the city, but you get to see a neighborhood you otherwise would likely not have seen. It was also great to have a kitchen to use, since we did not want to go out for every meal.

• 25th Jul 2014

Perfect place to stay in Berlin. On the map it may look slightly off from the main attractions or city centre. However, it is just 10-15 tram ride away. The room was big and comfortable. To top it all Ole went out of the way to help us and also let us stay a few hours longer as our flight out of Berlin was only at night.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Perfect. that is all.

I really liked this hostel because of Ole he was really nice and had a decent hold on Berlin, Although it was a little far from the city it wasn't as bad because the tram was right there.

A great place to stay in Berlin, especially if you enjoy some quiet peace after a hectic day in the center. The hostel has a nice garden where you can relax. Easy to reach by public transport, only about 10 minutes away from the center. The owner of the hostel was an easy going and very helpful guy. There's no curfew so you can come and go as you please. Definitely one of the best hostels we've ever been to and we recommend it to anybody looking for a bit different place to stay in Berlin.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Even though Hoffmanns Hostel is located a bit outside the city center, it is all worth a visit! Very nice atmosphere, beautiful garden, nice room and a very friendly and interesting host! Ole is for sure worth a conversation or four - we wish we have had more time just to chill, talk and enjoy the garden. Beautiful plants and a Tempel tree! Who can ask for more? And Ole let us sleep long even though we had to leave the room - Thank you so much for your flexibility:-) For sure coming back!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Delightful green lung nearby central Berlin. The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Warmly recommended.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Pretty hostel, rooms neat and clean. Staff very helpful. Quiet area.

I've been travelling around Europe, and have stayed at a number of hostels. And Hoffmans Hostel is by the best among the more down-to-earth and interesting. I found it to be a travel experience I willing and of itself, something I will remember fondly. On my way back from Eastern Europe, I wanted to stay at the place where my travels started.

Great place to stay in Berlin. Close to public transport, great comfortable room. The owner took care of me himself and made sure I had everything I needed when I arrived after a long flight. Really felt at home and free to hang out, relax, or learn something about Berlin. Plus the owner is an archaeologist so we got into a nice conversation on history and philosophy. I'll be back to see Hoffmann every time I come to Berlin.

• 1st Mar 2014

I highly, highly recommend this hostel in the center of things in Berlin. Not only were the accommodations just what a traveler is looking for. The staff is very friendly and helpful, including the manager, Ole Hoffmann. This gentleman is even an archeologist -- with background in Egyptology and Viking archeology -- who gave me some great tips on museums. I also like the balance between a staff being there for me when needed...and the lack of the typical hostel's rules.