Hoho Hostel

Very Good 45 Total Reviews

• roley86
  • England, Couple, 25-30
5th Mar 2017

This hostel was so hard to find. It's located at a busy crossroads in Kowloon but the entrance is inside a small market inside a building. The hostel itself was ok. The noise from the street can be quite loud if you're a light sleeper you might have trouble getting a good nights rest. Security wasn't an issue. You need a key to get into the hostel and a key for your room and lockers are provided. Lots of showers and toilets for a small place. The lady who works there is lovely.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
27th Feb 2017
6.0

The building is a little sketchy. I arrived at 12am, had a hard time finding the hostel.. The staff weren't very helpful when I explained my luggage had been lost and I wanted to have it delivered after my check out time. It was an extremely small hostel, not a spacious common area. I didn't feel very welcome and I wasn't a fan of the area in Kowloon.. I stayed one night, and found a different hostel for the remainder of my stay in HK.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
29th Jan 2017
6.9

No common room or atmosphere. But comfortable and secure. Staff don't really speak English. During Chinese New Year the prices were outrageous.

• Malaysia, Mixed Group, 41+
23rd Dec 2016

I stayed here with my family over Christmas and we loved it! This was the first time my parents had ever stayed in a hostel and they were apprehensive at first but the warm staff and cozy atmosphere quickly won them over. It's cramped but for the location there really isn't much you can ask for. The size does help you get to know people which my father and brother appreciated. If you're going with older people try to book earlier and ask for the floor-level bunk.

12th Nov 2016
5.1

One of the worst hostel I have stayed. The rooms are tiny and I sleep on the floor and pay for that

8th Nov 2016
6.3

Very basic hostel. The dorms are too crowded and having a 3-stacked bunk bed was very uncomfortable. Barely any space to leave our belongings. Common space lacked places to sit and disappointed that no breakfast was provided. We left after our first night (had scheduled 4 nights). If you are looking for a comfortable place to stay, you may need to increase your budget to stay in a cheap hotel rather than a hostel.

4th Nov 2016

Staff assisted in recovering lost uber item. Very helpful even with the language barrier.