Hokondo Waikiki Beachside Hostel Reviews

2556 Lemon Rd, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Really friendly staff, good vibes, great hostel!!

The staff are a credit to this hostel as they work so hard to answer all our questions, give honest advice and were generally lovely. Looking forward to coming back in a week.

I just stayed in this hostel for one night and I was happy with it. The staff is nice, the place is overall clean, the toasts and coffee in the morning are cool, and it is very cool to have a kitchen in the dorm. The only thing I would say was not very nice was the noise at night and the small bathroom in a 8 beds dorm. Still, I would recommend it.

I stayed in Hokondo for my first two nights on O'ahu by myself. The location is perfect as it is right in the center of Waikiki. The hostel itself is pretty average, but I was not there for most of the day -- only to sleep at night. It felt very safe and the people who I roomed with for those two nights were very kind. Definitely a good place to book if you want to spend time in Waikiki on a budget.

Fun hostel right around the corner from the beach! Staff were friendly and always keen to help.

Having a filthy room with used qtips and cheetos on the floor and sharing it with drug dealers is not my idea of an ideal stay.

• 19th Jun 2015

The beachside hostel was great. the staff know where to go had a lot of information. the clean everyday. the atmosphere was great. this was my first time staying at a hostel and it was worth it. I will stay here again.

• 21st May 2015

I thought the location was excellent! The staff were all kind and courteous and very helpful! I enjoyed the added bonus of the wonderful, blessed breakfast! It was perfect for the start of day! The rooms were a bit crowded with 8 girls in a room and hardly any where to move with luggage everywhere! Overall loved the hostel and the employees definitely made the stay amazing! Would stay there again and recommend to anyone and all my friends! :)

• 17th May 2015

24/7 reception is great and the reason I stayed here when flying in in the middle of the night. Hostel is kinda average, nothing fancy, but nothing too bad either. Although I saw the cleaners do a good job, its overall quite a dirty place though and could use a bit of an upgrade.

Loved it! The staff is super friendly and the people we met there were just awesome. The beach is around the corner as well as shops and restaurants and bus stops to get around.

We only stayed here one night . The staff was nice enough to let us store our luggage until it was time to check in. Very close to Waikiki. Cheaper than staying in a hotel. The bathroom wasn't very clean, even after the cleaning crew came through. We stayed in a mixed 8 bed dorm. It was noisy from the street and also from the lounge area. Bunk bed was rickety and swayed when I climbed up. Stay here to save money.

Service minimum.

Good location, good staff! Could be more clean, especially in the bathrooms. Free breakfast is a good idea but should open at 7am like other hostels not only from 9am till 10am.

Really loving there, definitely come back there :D

great location, room was big, staff were great

The place is really well located and the people are really nice!!

The location is perfect! Staff were really nice. Definitely going to come back..