Hokondo Waikiki Beachside Hostel Reviews

2556 Lemon Rd, Oahu, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA

Although the hostel is in a great location (close to the zoo and Waikiki Beach), it needs to undergo some major renovations - the bathrooms are really old and not always very clean. It tends to get loud in the nights (people talking, and close to a big road), so it is important to bring ear plugs. The breakfast could be better, like adding some cereal, fruit or yogourt, instead of just toast with peanut butter and jelly. All in all, an OK place to meet new people and close to major attractions.

The room are very small for 8 people. There is 4 beds in the room and another 4 beds in the kitchen !! We are totally compressed !! Any place tu put the luggage. And one bathroom was too small for 8 people !! I asked to change for a private room and shared bathroom. But There were 2 old men, who didn't know each one..There wre any atmophere, the hostel lackes vitality...Sometimes there were one or tw strange very old men walked in the courtyard !! Anyway, the staff on the desk were friendly

Great location, wonderful staff. Could do with more lockers per room. The room i was in felt very tired, particularly the bathroom which was damp and worn. I didnt feel like there were enough activities arranged for the evenings but overall i had a nice stay. Thank you.

• 1st Mar 2014

Only thing I would have liked is a lock area for my luggage. I just did not feel comfortable leaving my camera, computer etc while I was out. The little lockers were not big enough ! The staff were wonderful ! Fabulous location ! Thank you!

Rooms felt like apartments that had been converted. They included full kitchen and balcony which was good. Free internet, great location and friendly staff. It was the only place I've ever been charged to put my luggage in storage after I checked out and was waiting on my plane though.

What an amazing place and the location is the best. Definitely recommend it and would stay there again. breakfast is tea\coffee, toast, peanut butter and jelly.

Staff very friendly and extremely helpful. Clean and comfy bed.

• 23rd Feb 2014

Were in an eight bed ensuite, but Didn't like the fact they put two of the bunk beds in the kitchen area (needless to say; that's where we had to sleep). It was small and no space to put your stuff. Lockers cost a quarter each time you open them. Wifi was good though and common area nice. Cleanliness was good.

The staff here are awesome, knowledgeable and friendly. The atmosphere seemed great if you want to party, but if you have an early flight like I did be prepared to know that it is VERY noisy, all night. Apart from that, it's clean and a great location, right by the beach and on the bus lines. Security is great, a wristband key for the room tha is also waterproof, very clever. Can't really comment on facilities, I didn't stay long enough

friendly staff in prime location. kinda noisy at night so be prepared. stayed in 2 dorms, one was cleaner with air con, the other on the top floor wasnt as nice.

Pretty typical hostel. Was expecting a party scene but never found one. A lot of people were hanging out but not a lot was happening if that makes sense. Kitchenettes in each room are kind of cool but never felt like I actually wanted to use them, especially since there are beds adjacent. Middle of the road hostel, good experience, but nothing stellar.

So far on my travels this is the best hostel with the best atmosphere and brilliant people. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

• 10th Feb 2014

Guy at front desk was super nice and accommodating. Hostel room was big came with a kitchen, patio, and bathroom. Only coin lockers unfortunately. Common area was outside under cover and had a big screen tv which was great to watch the Olympics on.

The rooms were clean because house cleaning came in every day and this was a plus. The room keys were waterproof bracelets that were convenient to use and keep track of and this was a plus. A downside is that I booked 5 nights online and i paid the balance upon arriving. However, later they informed me that I only paid for 4 nights and that i didn't have a fifth night reserved. They let me book one more night, but it was negative because i felt like I had already paid for 5 nights.

Solid hostel, especially for the price. Only problem was getting wifi outside of the common area, but you're in hawaii, get out of your room! Staff was helpful and made everything easy, and the attached little eatery/kitchen guy on the bottom floor is the cheapest/best option for budget travelers! Get the loco moco (with curry if you like it) :)

I love this place clean, safe just walk distance from the beach

This hostel was amazing!! We turned up bruised

I really enjoyed my stay at Beachside hostel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The atmosphere was excellent and and very relaxed. I would like to make a special mention of the manager, Rebecca and Chris Davis on reception who helped me with a few issues that I encountered.

• 23rd Dec 2013

The staff are courteous and the all around atmosphere is friendly. There are many things to do within walking distance.

• 8th Dec 2013

-The air conditioner in the room was extremely loud, making it hard to sleep. +The workers at the front desk were amazing and very knowledgeable! They gave some great restaurant recommendations :)

• 7th Nov 2013