Hokondo Waikiki Beachside Hostel Reviews

2556 Lemon Rd, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

I would like to be told at check in which rooms have lockers.

Close to Waikiki beach and bus stop. Rooms have kitchen with fridge but not all are fully equipped... Breakfast from 9-10 ok, cleanliness depends on roommates ;) staff great and you can get beach stuff for free, boards for small money...

The hostel was great, the environment was fantastic. Just get used to being dirty. I wish they would up security in the building, in an 8 bed dorm there was 4 lockers with only 2 of them working. I would have liked to have the ability to lock my computer, camera and ID's when I wasn't in my room. The bathrooms are disgusting as well.

I enjoyed my stay. The staff were pleasant, and more than happy to share their insights on various locations on this beautiful island. Especially Yonny (sp?) and Davis. The Manager, Rebecca, was very helpful and accommodating with my needs. This was my first time staying in a hostel, and I found it very educational. I have met a great deal of interesting people from various places from around the globe.

• 1st Sep 2014

Nice friendly place. Near bus stops and beach, restaurants and shops.

Pretty awesome hostel, staff are helpful and welcoming. Great place if your travelling alone you meet plenty of people.

pleasant and helpful staff..especially liked the full kitchens in the dorms

Compared to European hostels, Waikiki Beachside certainly has a some work to do on the charm stakes before it is on a par. My room was certainly in need of a lick of paint and a cleaner bathroom. On the plus side the hostel is central and right by the beach. The staff are all so friendly and helpful. There is WiFi through out, a good outside lounge area with a large TV, laundry facilities and a basic breakfast. I met some great people here who made my two week stay amazing!

• 27th Jun 2014

Had a great stay here :) room was comfortable and everyone was really friendly! Would stay again!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

I was really happy with the stay in this hostel. I statyed in an 8 bed female dorm. The girls I stayed with were very friendly and the room was great for a hostel! The location is amazing literally 1 minute away from the beach and maybe 3 minutes away from a bus stop. They rent surfboards and other facilities for a good price! I would defenetly stay there again.

If you're a neat freak and love cleanliness, this place is not for you. Floors in room were dirty, mattress liner had stainsand the bathroom was poorly kept. This is my first time staying at a hostel so I went with no expectations at all. Overall for me was a bed to sleep in. The staff was awesome to me and remembered my name all the time. I would stay again because of the AMAZING location. Close to food, beach, activities, etc.

• 16th Jun 2014

I'm not a high maintenance guy... and if you wanna party and meet people, go here.

Great location - only a short walk to the beach and bars. Beds are comfortable and the shower is pretty good. They had the World Cup matches on every morning which was awesome!

Best Hostel stay ever! The staff was friendly, fast and fun to interact with. I hope every future hostel stay can be as good as this one was. OKAY the location had a lot to do with this review. The bunk mattress was more comfortable than my bed at home! The sheets were clean and new. The roomies were German and very courteous. Excellent.