Hokondo Waikiki Beachside Hostel Reviews

2556 Lemon Rd, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Pretty awesome hostel, staff are helpful and welcoming. Great place if your travelling alone you meet plenty of people.

pleasant and helpful staff..especially liked the full kitchens in the dorms

Compared to European hostels, Waikiki Beachside certainly has a some work to do on the charm stakes before it is on a par. My room was certainly in need of a lick of paint and a cleaner bathroom. On the plus side the hostel is central and right by the beach. The staff are all so friendly and helpful. There is WiFi through out, a good outside lounge area with a large TV, laundry facilities and a basic breakfast. I met some great people here who made my two week stay amazing!

• 27th Jun 2014

Had a great stay here :) room was comfortable and everyone was really friendly! Would stay again!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

I was really happy with the stay in this hostel. I statyed in an 8 bed female dorm. The girls I stayed with were very friendly and the room was great for a hostel! The location is amazing literally 1 minute away from the beach and maybe 3 minutes away from a bus stop. They rent surfboards and other facilities for a good price! I would defenetly stay there again.

If you're a neat freak and love cleanliness, this place is not for you. Floors in room were dirty, mattress liner had stainsand the bathroom was poorly kept. This is my first time staying at a hostel so I went with no expectations at all. Overall for me was a bed to sleep in. The staff was awesome to me and remembered my name all the time. I would stay again because of the AMAZING location. Close to food, beach, activities, etc.

• 16th Jun 2014

Great location - only a short walk to the beach and bars. Beds are comfortable and the shower is pretty good. They had the World Cup matches on every morning which was awesome!

Best Hostel stay ever! The staff was friendly, fast and fun to interact with. I hope every future hostel stay can be as good as this one was. OKAY the location had a lot to do with this review. The bunk mattress was more comfortable than my bed at home! The sheets were clean and new. The roomies were German and very courteous. Excellent.

Great location, good facility but I would recommend having separate men's and women's accommodation.

Although the hostel is in a great location (close to the zoo and Waikiki Beach), it needs to undergo some major renovations - the bathrooms are really old and not always very clean. It tends to get loud in the nights (people talking, and close to a big road), so it is important to bring ear plugs. The breakfast could be better, like adding some cereal, fruit or yogourt, instead of just toast with peanut butter and jelly. All in all, an OK place to meet new people and close to major attractions.

The room are very small for 8 people. There is 4 beds in the room and another 4 beds in the kitchen !! We are totally compressed !! Any place tu put the luggage. And one bathroom was too small for 8 people !! I asked to change for a private room and shared bathroom. But There were 2 old men, who didn't know each one..There wre any atmophere, the hostel lackes vitality...Sometimes there were one or tw strange very old men walked in the courtyard !! Anyway, the staff on the desk were friendly

Great location, wonderful staff. Could do with more lockers per room. The room i was in felt very tired, particularly the bathroom which was damp and worn. I didnt feel like there were enough activities arranged for the evenings but overall i had a nice stay. Thank you.

• 1st Mar 2014

Only thing I would have liked is a lock area for my luggage. I just did not feel comfortable leaving my camera, computer etc while I was out. The little lockers were not big enough ! The staff were wonderful ! Fabulous location ! Thank you!

Rooms felt like apartments that had been converted. They included full kitchen and balcony which was good. Free internet, great location and friendly staff. It was the only place I've ever been charged to put my luggage in storage after I checked out and was waiting on my plane though.

What an amazing place and the location is the best. Definitely recommend it and would stay there again. breakfast is tea\coffee, toast, peanut butter and jelly.

Staff very friendly and extremely helpful. Clean and comfy bed.

• 23rd Feb 2014