Hokondo Waikiki Beachside Hostel Reviews

2556 Lemon Rd, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

There is a guy that works at the front desk that has deeds. Something is wrong with him, he is on a high horse and needs to step down. Made the time there awkward, he just yells at everyone.

• 17th Feb 2015

Stayed in an 8 bed female dorm, only small lockers that you have to pay for and not enough for everyone in the room. Should provide big lockers for free. Hostel is noisy at night, which is ok if you are going out but not if you are staying in so perhaps stay somewhere else if you want more peace and quiet. Rooms were well cleaned with a mini kitchen and bathroom well provided. Perhaps could provide better blinds/curtains too as had barely anything so light woke us up.

Loved this hostel! It was fun of fun solo travelers! it is the most social hostel I have stayed at! Staff are amazing!!

In general, the hostel was good. Nevertheless, offering only toast with marmalade or peanut butter for breakfast is quite less.

The location is amazing. Beds really good! Breakfast average. Good amenities. But the staff could have been better...

Wonderful hostel, great place to stay.

Love the location and the staff were top-notch. Stayed in building C, which I’m told was new. No lockers in the rooms, so had to bug staff to store my laptop when I wanted to hit the beach. Hopefully they’ll correct this....

Nice location...The breakfast was minimal but free. Free is hard to beat. Plus there's a breakfast nook operating next to it or in it. I could go back...

I've stayed at this hostel a couple of times before, and it's good as it always has been. Great staff, great location... It's a really good hostel to meet other hostellers at. My only complaints would be that with only one bathroom for eight people, it can be hard to get in there sometimes. I wish they had some extra bathrooms downstairs. I would also like more lockers in the room itself. There were four lockers for eight people. But I still think this is a great hostel! :)

I would like to be told at check in which rooms have lockers.

Close to Waikiki beach and bus stop. Rooms have kitchen with fridge but not all are fully equipped... Breakfast from 9-10 ok, cleanliness depends on roommates ;) staff great and you can get beach stuff for free, boards for small money...

The hostel was great, the environment was fantastic. Just get used to being dirty. I wish they would up security in the building, in an 8 bed dorm there was 4 lockers with only 2 of them working. I would have liked to have the ability to lock my computer, camera and ID's when I wasn't in my room. The bathrooms are disgusting as well.

I enjoyed my stay. The staff were pleasant, and more than happy to share their insights on various locations on this beautiful island. Especially Yonny (sp?) and Davis. The Manager, Rebecca, was very helpful and accommodating with my needs. This was my first time staying in a hostel, and I found it very educational. I have met a great deal of interesting people from various places from around the globe.

• 1st Sep 2014