Hokondo Waikiki Beachside Hostel Reviews

2556 Lemon Rd, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Wonderful hostel, great place to stay.

Love the location and the staff were top-notch. Stayed in building C, which I’m told was new. No lockers in the rooms, so had to bug staff to store my laptop when I wanted to hit the beach. Hopefully they’ll correct this....

I've stayed at this hostel a couple of times before, and it's good as it always has been. Great staff, great location... It's a really good hostel to meet other hostellers at. My only complaints would be that with only one bathroom for eight people, it can be hard to get in there sometimes. I wish they had some extra bathrooms downstairs. I would also like more lockers in the room itself. There were four lockers for eight people. But I still think this is a great hostel! :)

I would like to be told at check in which rooms have lockers.

Close to Waikiki beach and bus stop. Rooms have kitchen with fridge but not all are fully equipped... Breakfast from 9-10 ok, cleanliness depends on roommates ;) staff great and you can get beach stuff for free, boards for small money...

The hostel was great, the environment was fantastic. Just get used to being dirty. I wish they would up security in the building, in an 8 bed dorm there was 4 lockers with only 2 of them working. I would have liked to have the ability to lock my computer, camera and ID's when I wasn't in my room. The bathrooms are disgusting as well.

I enjoyed my stay. The staff were pleasant, and more than happy to share their insights on various locations on this beautiful island. Especially Yonny (sp?) and Davis. The Manager, Rebecca, was very helpful and accommodating with my needs. This was my first time staying in a hostel, and I found it very educational. I have met a great deal of interesting people from various places from around the globe.

• 1st Sep 2014

Nice friendly place. Near bus stops and beach, restaurants and shops.

Pretty awesome hostel, staff are helpful and welcoming. Great place if your travelling alone you meet plenty of people.

pleasant and helpful staff..especially liked the full kitchens in the dorms

Compared to European hostels, Waikiki Beachside certainly has a some work to do on the charm stakes before it is on a par. My room was certainly in need of a lick of paint and a cleaner bathroom. On the plus side the hostel is central and right by the beach. The staff are all so friendly and helpful. There is WiFi through out, a good outside lounge area with a large TV, laundry facilities and a basic breakfast. I met some great people here who made my two week stay amazing!

• 27th Jun 2014

Had a great stay here :) room was comfortable and everyone was really friendly! Would stay again!

• 23rd Jun 2014