Hola Cairo Reviews

19 ( 26 July St ) 4th Floor, Cairo, Egypt

Very helpful and friendly staff. I fell asleep in the waiting room, and they even put a blanket over me to keep me warm. Great location and value you for money, thank you! xx

• 2nd Dec 2014

The staff are very helpful with knowledge of the area and ability to arrange transport to and from the airport. They also arranged an excellent excursion to Bahariyya for us, which we'd recommend to anyone. One issue - they told us that Abu Simbel was closed. It wasn't - the owner of a hotel in Luxor arranged a trip to Abu Simbel for us. The staff at Hola Cairo know a fair bit, but not everything.

this hostel staff is not honest , i join their tour package to desert . He said include everything ( meal ,transportation and any fee ) .But when i arrival the desert , the tour guide said need enter fee for desert .An d when i came back to Cairo , they didn't pick me up to back to Hostel . They are not honest people

Initially when we arrived, there were problems. Despite emailing the hostel about our personal room preferences 3 days before we travelled, they failed to respond to address our needs. Filthy bathroom,AC obstruction window so it wouldn't fully close so VERY noisy from traffic outside. We decided to leave the hostel next morning. we were offered a better room. Overall, we had a nice stay especially to mention free airport pickup, good location nearby local shops & eateries including McDonalds.

• 21st Jun 2013
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

They sat us the first day and tried to plan our whole trip through egypt, excursions to the pyramids and through cairo and even our stay in aswan, hostel, boat, trip to abu simbel. We did the pyramid trip with them. 200LE for the excursion to the pyramids in giza and saqara with an unrequested stop in a papyrus shop. If you like your trip to be planned for you this is the perfect place if you like to do things on your own you might feel a little uncomfortable at times but you can always say no.

I was expecting more from this place given the reviews that it had received. The general lack of cleanliness my below (my) standards. The only thing I did not appreciate was the staff pitching the tours etc to me (though admittedly some may find this useful) as they are obviously on commission. They did also very efficiently sort me a driver to take me to Dahab (~ 8 hour drive) within a 2 hour time frame)

• 16th Jun 2013
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your comment, we are sorry that our hostel didn't meet your expectations We work hard to offer good and friendly service,We always happy to help the people out when it comes to travel or tourism, Its not about the money benefits because we believe that making our customer happy is a great benefits for us. During the bad situation in Egypt now traffic is real bad and it's not really up to us. We also hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Thanks again for your time.

Great little place in the heart of Cairo. Fantastic staff, helpful and friendly. Bathrooms are impeccably clean and there is always someone working on the reception desk so security is guaranteed. I cannot recommend this hostel and country highly enough. My only problem was finding it. its tucked away in a very busy part of Cairo. The hostel offers a pick up from the airport or station... I would advise taking them up on the offer. Its much easier to find once you know where to look.

Thank you for sharing your encouraging opinion. we are putting a large sign for and we will put another one to make it easy for the customers. Hola Cairo always happy to host and help people whether they come to Egypt for travel, work or study. It is always very enjoyably for us to exchange culture and experience with the travelers and we always like to represent our country in very good way this is why we do our best to make our customers happy . Thanks for time and We look forward to see you

excellent, everything is ok! i recommend hola cairo so much to everyone.

• 13th Jun 2013
  • Argentina

Thanks for your great comment. It was really nice to have you at our place. We look forward for seeing your once again soon.

The owner helped to organise a tour for the one day I was there, and it turned out to be a great experience at a very reasonable price. I asked an Egyptian friend if he thought the price I paid was reasonable for what I got, and he said it was great value - so thanks for this.

Thank you very much for the positive comments. It's always encouraging when customers acknowledge the good work of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Will never forget eating Falafel with the staff, good banter...good times, hope to return again in the future!

Great new hostel. A bit hard to find as it's tucked off the main street, but staff is friendly and can help you with everything.

I liked this place very much. the private room was one of a kind very clean nice shower. the staff was very nice and kind. very centrally located and very accesible.

Our stay at Hola Cairo was wonderful. They went out of their way to help us, picked us up from another hotel instead of the airport. They watched our bags during the day and didn't expect more money. They gave us recommendations whwre to eat. They were the nicest and most honest people we met in Cairo and possibly all of Egypt. Highly recommend.

I had a very nice friendly vacations in Hola Cairo! I absolutely recomend it. :)

• 29th Apr 2013
  • Spain

I stay for 1 day in Hola Cairo Hostel, the staff is really good and kindly. The cleanliness is excellent (I have stayed in other hostels that was not so clean). By the way is the better egyptian hostel that I have seen.

• 22nd Apr 2013

The location was good, close to the bus station and train station and metro. The staff were very friendly. There weren't many people there when I stayed, so a bit quiet.

I had a wonderful stay at Hola Cairo. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the location is great, and the rooms are spacious and clean. I definitely recommend it.

• 20th Mar 2013

The staff are what make this hostel amazing! They organised a trip around Egypt for my girlfriend and myself, which was absolutely incredible. We saw some things I had only seen in textbooks and they arranged it all for us on a budget. The hostel itself is very clean and in a great location

• 8th Jan 2013
  • Eritrea

Muhammed is a great person , his crew is the best !! this place is in an old building but a great one ... he organized my trip around Egypt and I felt very safe doing it with them ,,, it was very cheap comparing to other people talked to me and felt very safe and had so much fun ! Thanks to Hola Cairo Hostel.

The Hola Cairo Hostel took great care of me while I was here. They were all very kind from when they picked me up at the airport to the day I left. The cleaning ladies are very friendly and sweet. It's got a great location, and I always felt safe as a young female solo traveler. The guys who run the hostel are very playful and fun and like to socialize. They're very happy to organize trips for you to the pyramids, etc.

• 16th Dec 2012