Hola Hostel Eixample Reviews

Calle Napols 149-151, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

We stayed in a 20 person room and had a pretty negative experience. People were loud and inconsiderate when others were trying to sleep. We had to walk through the common areas to use the restrooms and shower. The included breakfast was dried up crackers and jam. It was basically prison food. When we asked one staff member if he had any suggestions for activities in Barcelona, he literally rolled his eyes and handed us a map.

• 11th Apr 2014

The hostel was very clean and tidy, and all furniture looked new and well looked after. The reception staff were incredibly helpful and friendly (and very patient when we arrived after a night out quite merry). They also helped us sort out trains/flights to our next destination (Madrid). All in all, an excellent stay. It was also very close to the Sagrada Familia (Gaudi's Cathedral), so a good spot for a bit of essential sightseeing as well.

• 11th Apr 2014

We spent great time in Barcelona. Hostel was very nice, good location, helpful stuff. Few limitations: most of the time there was no paper in toilets, no towels included (just for extra money), it was very stuffily in room at night and very low noise isolation. However, next time I would stay there again.

Room 5 stinks! It was terrible 2 weeks ago and the same now. All because of a old man "RESIDENT" with stinky feet. Can't believe you can do nothing about it on a 20 people dorm!! Beside this, staff during the day is so lovely and the rest of the rooms are nice... Except room 14, its like going to a dungeon an you can hear when someone flushes the toilette! Avoid both of them! Just ask for another room, nice hostel anyway!!

The hostel was very clean, bright and welcoming. We had no problems once we checked in, but it did take nearly an hour to be given our rooms (and there was only one group ahead of us in line) I liked the fact that the rooms had power outlets and lights for every bed. We were in the basement, so the wifi didn't quite reach. The breakfast was a bit weird, just toast bits, but good. I'd reccomend Hola Hostel :)

I highly recommended this hostel. Very nice Staff.

The hostel was great. The kitchen was clean, and so was every facility. The washing machines wern't very handy but except that detail, everything was fine. It would be nice though if the hostel would offer activities, because I thought that the atmosphere was a little lousy between the residents, it was the first time I've been in a hostel and haven't meet anyone.

Well, I thought Hola hostel was better then some of the more up market hotels I have stayed in.. Very clean and all of the staff are really friendly & helpful..

• 2nd Apr 2014

Its so close to Sagra di Familia. 3 Bed mixed room is like a hotel room. We were 2 people and nobody came as a 3. so it was like our private room. Hot water comes little bit late but it was ok. After 22:00, they close the room lights, it was a bit annoying but wc light was enough to enlight the room so it was ok too. I liked the hostel, i would prefer it again.

thia is my first time of living in hostel and i find that it is a good experience! the design of the hostel is nice and the staffs are so helpful. it is clean as the staff will give us individual bed cover and blanket when check in. the location ia juz 15 mins walk from the church designed by gaudi. i will defo choose hola hostel again if i visit barcelona next time.

Stayed in the front female dorm, which was next to the front door so I could hear people buzzing in all night.which meant a less comfortable rest. Good facilities. Free food cabinet is a great idea! Staff were very helpful in giving directions.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

very good hostel- everything is chic. Tickets to the campnou experience can be bought there as well. Definitely a good stay.

The Hostel is great!!! Good location, tourist information and very helpfull!! Totally recommended!!

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

good place to stay with cheap price and accommodating location . Though the staff would had taken better care of the bathroom .

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Vietnam

I loved that there was lockers for my things, especially since there were so many people in the room.

It's 50% good and the other 50% bad concerning the personnel. Some people were realy kind and happy to help and usefull and nice and everything, but some other were not. So we didnt really know how to behave from time to time. Other thing : the hostel was full, and neither of my friend and i could get a blancket unless we already brought one. a bit disapointing... otherwise, the place was chill out and really safe, young people around, and not more than 10€ the cab to get in the city center!

• 28th Feb 2014

Very great hostel! The best hostel that I'v ever stayed =)

I like very much my stay for 2 night there. I always prefer to stay with HOLA hostal

Great location, helpful staff, good facilities, and luckily so much privacy because there was few guests when I stayed...the only complaint i could think of may be that the rooms can be really cold at night. Perhaps more could be provided than just a blanket during winter (pretty sure I was not the first one mentioning this in their comments). Also can get a little noisy at night, but hey its Spain afterall...and also 'breakfast' was basically crackers and some 'juices', could have bn better!

i loved this hostel. very easy too find, in a good area, very modern and clean, its a pity i came off season. i also work in a hostel in oreland and have worked in hospitality for a long time and i was very impressed with this hostel, the rooms are very nice, common showers, the common area is very big and open, big terrace on the roof, and most of all i have to thank the staff, the two guys on reception were very nice and helpful and very friendly. i will diff be back to this hostel. No.1

• 6th Jan 2014