Hola Hostel Eixample Reviews

Calle Napols 149-151, Barcelona, Spain

This place was great. I would not change anything!

Fantastic place to stay! Only a 10 minute walk to the centre, so the location was great. Wifi works very well. Landry facilities are very poor though so I had to go to a landromat. Breakfast that's included is useless so I ended up having to go out to buy my own. They give you a selection of bread but no toaster. A horrible drink machine with questionable coffee and juice. Besides that, the kitchen facilities were fantastic and very well equipped. Not sure why the lights go out in the room.

• 17th Jul 2015

Great facility's really nice location and atmosphere. Free washing and aircon in my room! Nice staff just ask them questions and really recommend hiring a bike !

Nice looking hostel. Very safe with key cards to get in the hostel, in the rooms and lockers. Location is a little far from the center, about a 20-25 minute walk. Staff were somewhat helpful but their directions to the airport are way off. They said a 12 minute walk to the train station but it took us 25 minutes. We almost missed our train! Other than that, no complaints.

The Hostel was great if you where prepared to walk/catch the metro to see the sights of Barcelona. In the hostel itself there wasn't alot going on. the rule of no noise after 11pm also really affected the atmosphere in the Hostel. If you weren't prepared to go on the bar crawl which was offered (which involved long walks between bars and even catching the metro at one point!) then there really was no nightlife. Staff were friendly and pleasant but never really seemed enthusiastic.

Newly built hostel with comparatively little atmosphere. Terrace is great for relaxing but closes early because of the neighbours, but there's a small restaurant with cheap beer on the street directly beside the hostel. Breakfast is a joke, but there's two microwaves and a generally clean kitchen as well as a bakery in the street. Bikes can be rented for cheap. Summary: perfect for a good nightrest and value for money, but don't expect too much atmosphere.

• 12th Jul 2015

The staff was really rude and made many of us feel uncomfortable with their presence. The room I stayed in smelt really bad. The breakfast was okay, but the bathrooms were really nasty. Overall the atmosphere sort of felt prison like. Didn't like it,

• 10th Jul 2015

The room was very clean and I was very happy about that, but when I went to take a shower I was surprised on the conditions of the shower. The showers were not as nice as I thought they would be .

They rent bikes for 8€ a day, so awesome. I disliked one member of the staff (out of 6 that I met), the rest were really nice and helpful. Wifi is bad though, but there's a computer and it's free to print stuff there. It was really hot in bcn, but the air conditioning system works really well, so the room was fresh. Also, each room has a locker per person, and there's a luggage room for after the check-out.

Great atmosphere, VERY air conditioned rooms, an outlet for each bed, great location, free breakfast!

Really good facilities and security. Loved it. Will be back. Staff were spot on!

Very impressed with this hostel! Had great facilities. Was very clean and and modern. Good culture for backpackers. Employees were always there to give advice. Location allowed you to get around easily. Would definitely go back !

Quite far from the city centre of Barcelona, but close to the Sagrada Familia cathederal. Rooms and lockers are opened by key cards, which makes them accessible for a lot of people. Poor cleanliness, showers had hairballs in the plug holes, and rooms are unhoovered, but everything is modernly furnished and decorated. Large kitchen area with good facilities, but again quite dirty.

The staff were friendly but I am unhappy because they charged an "extra tax" on top of the cost hostel world listed as the final cost. . . I emailed them about it and they said everywhere does it (they were the only hostel of the like 9 or so I stayed at that did this). It also was really awkward because most of this hostel was groups of people traveling together.

The hostel is lots of fun the room was excellent and the air conditioning was awesome! The staff were really helpful and understanding. The kitchen is ok and there is a big common room with lots of space but it closes quite early 11pm. I would highly recommend this hostel even though it is a decent walk to the city centre.

It was a very nice hostel, its toilets and baths were clean and its facilities were excellent. Breakfast was good for the hostel price.

Bar next door is excellent and the availability of walking tours is good. However, it is a bit of a walk to the old town.

Very very good: nice staff, confortable beds, awesome breakfast, good wifi, just perfect!

Breakfast included was great. Not the only typical cereal included but also free sandwiches, juice and coffee. Incredible staff too very friendly! The only downside was I visited this hostel 3 weeks before and the washing&drying machine weren't working.This time during my second stay in the hostel surprisingly the washing&drying machine weren't still working!

The staff mixed up our order and at first tried to blame us on not booking correctly. Till we showed them the email that says exactly what we booked. Then they split us up which was fine but they were not very professional about it. Besides that the facilities were fine. They turn off the air conditioning in the evenings and nights. So if you travel in the summer be prepared for the heat and humidity at night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5