Hola Hostel Eixample Reviews

Calle Napols 149-151, Barcelona, Spain

The hostel is awesome. Staff are all so friendly. The breakfast is good as well. I love the locker so much. It's so cool just use the room card to lock it. Great.

If you want to spend some days in this Hostel and warm up for a party in Barcelona, I wouldnt suggest this place at all! They have a policy of sleeping time from 23 -6am that it is not informed in the description , but that would not be a problem if the staff gently ask you to speak quietly. However, what we could see it was a guy yelling at us in spanish. He seems to be the owner of the place, which is really bad since you can´t change it. To be fair, if you want comfort=stay. Respect=dont

The facilities and the localization are ok. However, the unpolite and unfriendly staff make the hostel's vibe cold and you feel as you are at the school. They should advise previously that is prohibited to talk or stay in the common areas after 11pm. The rude manager only turns the light off while people are there, scream for silence or kick you out from the place. Moreover, the room was hot like hell, the floor was dirty and the breakfast is a joke. This is not a place to party or friends.

Staff was rude several times due to noise after 23:00. Facilities are good but lacks a common area for drinking late in the night. Lights in the room turn on and stays on for the whole day after 9:00.

Upon our arrival one staff member was particularly cold and unaccomidating. We spent the rest of our stay avoiding her and the front desk at all costs. The communal shower room is completely filled with mold. This is due to the fact that there is no circulation in the entire hostel. Everything is stuffy and humid. The whole place smells like a sweaty locker room.

While the hostel was quite nice, it was a bit dark. Also, the fact that the lights keep switching off automatically can be really annoying, especially when in the shower. Other than that, the hostel was relatively clean, was close to the Tetuan metro station, and the staff were helpful.

This location has great potential but I fled in the middle of the night (with no care by the staff). Floor in room was sticky, dirty underwear under my bed, there was dust & dirt everywhere. The laundry exhausted right next to the room so the air was wet and hot. I was assured the laundry would not run at night (very loud) but it started up at midnight, which is when I couldn't take any more- stuffed my bags and left. No signs of ventilation in shower room so black mold growing on ceiling.

I stayed at the hostel with a group of high school students aged 17-18. Unfortunately, I found the staff quite short tempered towards our students. There was very little appreciation for the fact that these youngsters can make mistakes, but that their intentions aren't bad. Another shortcoming of the hostel was the lack of windows and ventialtion and the fact that even in a private room, you couldn't turn your own lights on or off.

• 4th May 2015
  • Belgium

The staff were not very enthusiastic and not very helpful or forthright with information about the area. It's a big hostel with good facilities but it maintains that cold unfriendly vibe if the staff don't make more of an effort. That being said, it was comfortable and I did enjoy my stay

Had a brilliant 2 days at Hola hostel. The staff were friendly and accommodating. I arrived earlier than the check in time but as the room was ready they let me in! The place was very clean and within walking distance to most of the hot touristy spots like Sagrada Familia, Casa Milà, Casa Batlló ....

• 2nd May 2015

Very clean and nice hostel. Only one windows in the 24 persons rooms but ventilation is efficient.

I didn't stay long just for the night but it was the most comfortable hostel I have ever been in.

All rooms are located in BASEMENT!!! Window? sure, but view: big pipe and terrible smell from sewerage!!! In room was all the time steamy! The cleanliness... much to do in this point. Bathroom was smelly and dirty-i'm not sure if anyone is cleaning there. Whole corridor was steamy and smelly. Laundry-yes, but dryer doesn't work... the laundry was done and stick in our room for days. Breakfest-terrible! only milk and nutella-if you're lucky.This hostel ruined our experience and opinion about BCN

The hostel made coming and going easy, so we could be flexible with our schedule! It was easy to find and made for a great time in Barcelona.

The light is off to latte in the bedroom (11 pm) La lumiere de la chanbre s' éteint un peu trop tard le soir

• 21st Apr 2015

Myself and a group of 23 others came here for a university trip, the location is amazing between 2 metro stations and walking distance from La Sagrada Familia, staff were so helpful and even helped us to practice our spanish as well as giving us useful tips on the best places to see in Barcelona. Security was incredible and the locker facilities were a really nice reassurance of safety. I will be staying again and can't wait.

• 21st Apr 2015

The hostel is a great place to spend a couple of days , it's a very safe place . In the reception there is a not very pleasant smell and perhaps should clean the bathrooms more followed . I recommend it anyway.

The hostel was really clean and guys were friendly and they gave me a lot of advices regarding Barcelona. Additionally you can find on the wall info regarding how to get to the airport. I stayed at this hostel twice and first time I didn't know that blankets are included. I will give them only one minus because breakfast was really poor. The rest is excellent.

Everyone was very friendly but the staff wasn't particularly helpful with directions, things to do in Barcelona, etc. It's a newer building and looks recently renovated but cleanliness is definitely lacking. The bathrooms are well maintained but the showers aren't very clean, which is necessary since they're communal showers. The kitchen is nice but the "free breakfast" is jut choice of jam, butter, nutella, bread and cereal. That said, I still loved visiting Barcelona.

• 17th Apr 2015

The hostel was very large with many revellers staying up late into the night, but the staff controlled the noise after 11 p.m. very well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3