Hola Hostel Eixample Reviews

Calle Napols 149-151, Barcelona, Spain

I had a great time there though it was pretty quite cause it was off season but still. Staff was very nice and you wouldn´t get better value for money. Lockers are free, like using the washing machine. And the location is really good only few steps away from Sagrada Familia.

This hostel is in a great location (very close to the bus station - Nord, as well as the metro at Tetuan). The facilities are nice and it has a friendly atmosphere. The only complaint I had was that there were some issues with the keycards getting deactivated and thus we had to ask the staff to reset them multiple times in order to lock our lockers safely. I would definitely stay here again, though!

• 19th Mar 2015

The free breakfast was alright, there was no toilet paper in one bathroom all night, the bathrooms were full of mold and you have to push the shower button every 5 seconds. Other than that it was a great place. Bed very comfortable, rooms not too hot, outlets by every bed. Well worth the 8 euros.

Very clean and pleasant to come back to after a long day.

• 4th Mar 2015

This hostel was awesome! Great location, right near the Arc de Triomf metro station and walking distance to the Sagrada Familia, the Arc, The harbor, and so many other things. The place was clean, served breakfast, and the staff was great. Highly recommend to anyone traveling to Barcelona, especially college kids.

• 4th Mar 2015

Lockers and doors are sealed with room keys, so everything was very secure. My only complaint was that the bathrooms needed to be updated, as there was mold growing on the ceilings.

The place was really well run, and even when there was no hot water, they fixed during the day, though some compensation would have been nice. The movement sensor for the main light in the dorm proved annoying, especially as it was so sensitive that it would go on if your arm fell over the edge of the bed, and the toilet ones could be set to longer than 30 seconds.

My friends and I had a great time in Barcelona! This hostel is very good! It's not actually right in town, but near there is a metro station, so there's no problem at all to catch up the night clubs at Las Ramblas! Great breakfast, big kitchen, big lockers in the bedroom! The hostel is spotless! The only thing negative was everybody stay in different bedrooms, so we had to use whatsapp all the time to arrange our programs!! Despite that, It was a great stay!

We had a fun and relatively cheap couple of nights at hola. It's a bright place with an open kitchen (which is too small, sadly - at night, it's overcrowded) and lots of space to sit and eat or play cards. Our room was 16-bed, which sounds horrible, but it was actually not noticeable that there were so many people sleeping there, because the beds are intelligently arranged. The lockers worked well and they fit a lot of stuff, which is obviously great :) We loved it and we would come back!

• 29th Dec 2014

It was a good place, but I believe there are better ones in Barcelona. There were 2 guys as staff throughout my stay, one of them was super friendly while the other (with the braided hair) was not. I arrived early and he didn't let me check in (after sleeping in the airport for one night) even if there were empty beds at that time - not cool! And he was generally unfriendly and didn't smile, I didn't feel welcome. Breakfast was weak and can be improved, but security was good! Lockers are free.

Really nice hostel near to many metro stations...so you can reach everywhere you want!! Breakfast is simple but good to help you start the day. My husband and I loved there. Amazing facilities and friendly staff. Totally recommend Hola hostel!!

The hostel is too quiet. At 11 p.m we can't do any loud, even talk in the kitchen... But it's a nice place to stay. Bathroom is very clean, the lockers are big and secure, staff are very kind.

Our stay at Hola Hostel was really good. We liked the location a lot and even my mother was impressed by how clean and nice it was for that little money ! The employes were really nice and always helpful if we had a question. I would stay there again and can just recommend it for everybody.

• 19th Nov 2014

The kitchen and bathrooms were not very clean, which is to be expected when you are staying with large groups of other people; however, cleaniness of public areas can improve.

Very clean and secure. Lockers are secure and right in the room. Not the best showering conditions. Would have proffered to stay closer to the center of Barcelona. Great location if you want to hit up the gay scene. - not a gay hostel.

Hostel has a good kitchen. I think, it is one of the good hostel in Europe, comparing with price.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Uzbekistan

maybe the hostelcould add some kitchen utensils.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hola Hostel. Albert at the front desk was great fun when we were checking in, and I found the staff overall to be very helpful. We felt very safe here, and enjoyed the location. The hostel itself has a fun and inviting atmosphere.

방이 좀 작은것 빼곤 다 괜찮아요. 특히 카드 사물함있어서 물건 잃어버릴 걱정은 아예 없어요. It's good.

Hostel was fine, the staff wanted us to be very quiet and the bathrooms were tiny. Rooms were kind of warm but fine for one night.

• 9th Oct 2014