Holiday Hostel Bucharest Reviews

Romulus Street, No. 79, Bucharest, Romania

The staff was extremely nice and welcoming. We got a bigger room than expected because the air conditioning did not work in the original room. There was everything you need and they offer a lot of activities and infos. It was clean, but concerning facilities and security there is room for improvement, too (one bathroom wasn't working, keys didn't work well, doors were open all day and it was quite loud). The location is ideal for the main touristic activities in Bucharest and the Wifi is good.

Very nice hostel not far from the city center (20min walk to Plata Unirii) with an excellent staff always ready to help! We came back twice and have tried the dorms and the private doube room which are both really good. I highly recommend it!

• 11th Aug 2014

It was one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Rooms are big and very clean, bathrooms as well. The staff was helpful and the atmosphere was ok, so I will definitely come back to the same hostel on my next visit to Bucharest. One thing for improvement: maybe you could change the door bell. I know that by keeping track of who comes in, security's increased and I appreciate that safety, but if your room is right next to the entrance, it gets quite noisy, especially in the morning.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean, spacious rooms. Could do with more plug sockets working and chairs in the rooms but generally speaking it was a great hostel for my friend and I. It's also not far from the centre.

I only booked 1 night to sleep between planes so didn't get a feel of the atmosphere as I didn't stick around to socialise but the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The place was clean and very spacious.

Spot on! Would recommend to everyone - staff are really friendly and go out of their way to help you. Facilities are great - more like a home than a hostel! Comfortable and spotlessly clean - really exceptional value for money and we would stay again!

Spacious dorm room well maintained in quiet neighborhood. 10 minutes walk to city center. Kitchen facility is good.

Very nice and helpful staff! They have booked for me the visit to the parlament! Very pleasant stay, but not so close to the city center, if you don't mind 15-20 minutes walking take it!

Thank you so much for your appreciation! We love to help our guests with bookings to the main attractions in Bucharest or to help them organizing a full touristic day in the city. We are at just one bus stop from the city center but yes, sometime it can take 15-20 min. walk on one of the most beautiful boulevards of the city :)

The air conditioner didn't work. The staff didn't know how to make it work. Otherwise, everything was excellent.

Thank you very much for taking time to write us a review. I personally checked the air conditioner and it was set up on "winter mode" - this is the reason why it was no cool air. It is regretful that the both receptionists did not know how to change the settings nor brought it to my attention. Now, is perfectly working. Regards from Bucharest! :)

Really nice hostel with pleasant, friendly and helpful staff. Nice large dorm rooms with plenty of personal space. The place is kept very clean. It is a bit further away from the old town then most other hostels, but the walk is ok and there is some interesting sights along the way (or taxi's are very cheap and use meters so not a problem). The location is the only reason I can think of why this hostel is not consistently full (and hence why I scored it low on atmosphere I recommend staying here