Holiday Hostel Bucharest Reviews

Romulus Street, No. 79, Bucharest, Romania

Good hostel with friendly staff and service - they gave us tips and were interested in how our trip was going. A little distance from the old town (but we found a very cool abandoned building to explore around the corner in this neighbourhood...). We had a large clean twin room with very comfy beds. Most of the other guests seemed to be Romanian working men, so not the most international of atmospheres. Overall - a very decent hostel!

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a total of six nights and we enjoyed it very much. The room was spacious and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the price was very affordable. I will stay here again when I return to Bucharest.

• 3rd Mar 2013

Stayed in large upstairs, great open space.

Thank you for your feedback! It was a pleasure to have you here! :)

A great Hostel! The lovely ladies of the staff are always happy to help you out in whatever you need, from recommending a good place to eat to helping you out plan your next day trip. Located just about 10 minutes from what's on in Bucharest. Even if you don't feel like going out you can always stay in and share some drinks and board games with the other guests or the staff. In one word, Awesome.

excellent hostel ... a good 10 minute walk from the centre of town not to far in the sense of the size of the city. great loft style dorm room at the top ... excellent staff there to help 24/7. not one thing to complain about ... would definitely stay at again if ever in Bucharest.

Thank you very much for your feedback, guys! You're well welcome any time! Cheers :)

Great stay. Awesome staff, super friendly and helpful. Clean spacious rooms. Hostel a little hard to find (especially at night) so definitely watch the video to help you find your way!

The staff at the hostel are very friendly and helpful. They take an effort to make sure your day does well and always ask how your day was when you return. The location is close to the old city which is where you will go for your nights out and for meals. Before you arrive at the hostel make sure you watch the video they provide as a YouTube link.

Thank you very much for your feedback! Yes, don't forget to watch the "Holiday Hostel Directions" before trying to reach us! :)

Holiday Hostel is at the absolute top of my list for places I have stayed. I booked for a few days at first and ended up staying over two weeks. The staff become your friends. They are just amazing. The hostel is so comfortable it just feels like home. I will be back for another stay whenever I go to Bucharest. Thanks again Holiday Hostel for an amazing stay!

Thank you so much for your feedback and for being such a lovely guest! We all miss you already!:) All the best and hope to see you again sometime!

This place was awesome, really cheap, clean and friendly staff. The location is ideally close to Unirii Square too. Definitely recommend staying here, the beds were comfortable and the linen was clean. Probably the best hostel we have stayed at. Only down fall was that there isn't a huge common area and breakfast wasn't actually included as advertised on hostel world.

Hi! Thank you very much for your feedback! Well, to keep the prices so low, we had to cut the breakfast for some certain rooms. However, this is advertise under each type of the room. I feel really sorry for the confusion. Considering the huge common room, at the moment when you been here it wasn't ready but, now is all done and waiting for his guests. Cheers and all the best! :)

24h reception, clean, good Wi-Fi connection, central location, helpful staff

Thank you very much for your feedback! Hope next time when you'll be in Bucharest, you'll choose our hostel again. All the best!:)

Totul e prietenos si dragut, conditii foarte bune pt. pretul platit, ma voi reintoarce cu siguranta!

• 7th Oct 2012
  • Romania

Multumim frumos si sper sa ne revedem curand! :)

One of the best hostel's ive ever stayed in, the rooms are nice and clean, Staff are very kind and friendly, they have a special video on youtube with directions to the hostel which was very helpful to me. I highly recommend this hostel to others and if i ever travel to Bucharest again I will be staying here!

• 6th Oct 2012

The hostel was great, only at night we felt pretty unsecure on the way to the hostel and in the surrounding area and streets. During the day it was no problem at all! Very nice place and people!!!

Recommended! We didn't watch the youtube video & we got lost. Not many streets have signs, so watch the video! They didn't complain when we arrived late & the staff were always asking if they could help or give advice. There's a nice kitchen, 24-hour reception, free map & ice cold beer. The double room was huge & even had its own living room! The beds are a little squeaky and there can be some noise, so if you're a light sleeper just take some earplugs & you'll have no problem. Great atmosphere!

Cleanliness, service and advice by staff, atmosphere - everything is top at this hostel. It is maybe not the most central location, but on the other hand distances in Bukarest are quite big everywhere.

• 5th Sep 2012
  • Switzerland

Fantastic hostel, staff were so friendly and helpful, rooms and facillities were the best I've seen in a while, and the common areas make it easy to meet other travellers.

I have to say, this place was fantastic. Amazing value, all single beds, pristine, floor length mirrors everywhere along the walls (weirdly wonderful after staying in many places with only a tiny one in the bathroom), the showers were better than many hotels I've stayed in and the staff were truly passionate about their city, country and hostel. Location requires maybe 10-15 mins from the main area but was simple enough.

Excellent hostel, staff are very welcoming and accommodating.

I liked Holiday Hostel as soon as we booked, as they sent us very comprehensive and easy-to-follow directions from the airport - including a You-Tube video! The staff were very helpful and accommodating - we arrived at about 8am and even though our room wasn't ready we were able to have a shower and leave our bags. They also could not do enough to help us with our ongoing travel plans. We'd booked a private double room which turned out to be a whole separate apartment - it was great!

Great hostel! The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly and it is excellent value for money!!