Holiday Hostel Bucharest Reviews

Romulus Street, No. 79, Bucharest, Romania

Very nice hostel not far from the city center (20min walk to Plata Unirii) with an excellent staff always ready to help! We came back twice and have tried the dorms and the private doube room which are both really good. I highly recommend it!

• 11th Aug 2014

It was one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Rooms are big and very clean, bathrooms as well. The staff was helpful and the atmosphere was ok, so I will definitely come back to the same hostel on my next visit to Bucharest. One thing for improvement: maybe you could change the door bell. I know that by keeping track of who comes in, security's increased and I appreciate that safety, but if your room is right next to the entrance, it gets quite noisy, especially in the morning.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean, spacious rooms. Could do with more plug sockets working and chairs in the rooms but generally speaking it was a great hostel for my friend and I. It's also not far from the centre.

I only booked 1 night to sleep between planes so didn't get a feel of the atmosphere as I didn't stick around to socialise but the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The place was clean and very spacious.

Spot on! Would recommend to everyone - staff are really friendly and go out of their way to help you. Facilities are great - more like a home than a hostel! Comfortable and spotlessly clean - really exceptional value for money and we would stay again!

Spacious dorm room well maintained in quiet neighborhood. 10 minutes walk to city center. Kitchen facility is good.

Very nice and helpful staff! They have booked for me the visit to the parlament! Very pleasant stay, but not so close to the city center, if you don't mind 15-20 minutes walking take it!

Thank you so much for your appreciation! We love to help our guests with bookings to the main attractions in Bucharest or to help them organizing a full touristic day in the city. We are at just one bus stop from the city center but yes, sometime it can take 15-20 min. walk on one of the most beautiful boulevards of the city :)

The air conditioner didn't work. The staff didn't know how to make it work. Otherwise, everything was excellent.

Thank you very much for taking time to write us a review. I personally checked the air conditioner and it was set up on "winter mode" - this is the reason why it was no cool air. It is regretful that the both receptionists did not know how to change the settings nor brought it to my attention. Now, is perfectly working. Regards from Bucharest! :)

Really nice hostel with pleasant, friendly and helpful staff. Nice large dorm rooms with plenty of personal space. The place is kept very clean. It is a bit further away from the old town then most other hostels, but the walk is ok and there is some interesting sights along the way (or taxi's are very cheap and use meters so not a problem). The location is the only reason I can think of why this hostel is not consistently full (and hence why I scored it low on atmosphere I recommend staying here

Very nice place, near to everything. Simple to find the hostel thanks to their very nice video-guide on youtube (great idea!!). Staff was very kind in helping us with maps and informations. We stayed in the private room: very big and nice with little balcony, tv, bathroom and good internet service. The hostel was clean and friendly, the price excellent! If we'll go in Bucharest again, we surely will stay there!

Your positive comment motivate us to constantly improve our level of service! :) Anyway, for us it was also a pleasure to have you as guests and we all hope to meet you again! Cheers guys and all the best!

A lil boring when I went, but that's exactly what I needed after a crazy week in Transylvania.

Very nice hostel. 10minutes walk away from the old town of bucharest.

• 22nd Aug 2013

Thank you so much for your review, dear Tanja! We are glad to see that you had a good time here. Hope to see you again someday! Kisses from Holiday Hostel Bucharest

Staff are wonderful and made my second visit to Romania memorable. They are very friendly and I will stay with them again on any future visits. Again, the advice the staff gave me concerning travel to other towns which seem close by on a map but in reality very far by train is great to know before I set off! I take any advice given to my by hostel staff very seriously and glad I do listen to them.

Nice old building, well situated in central Bucharest. Rooms and showers are all perfectly fine, and, like so many places in Bucharest, it's good value for money.

• 21st Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We had a great stay here, the hostel was a bit empty at times, but that could be due to the time of year. A great place to stay!

Friendly & welcoming staff, got the double room, it was more than I expected i.e TV, balcony, nice bathroom, very comfortable bed. Internet was really fast too. The area is a few blocks away from where you'd really want to be, but taxis are easily accessible & cheap.

I can recommend the holiday hostel. It's near to the old town of Bucuresti. It's easy to get to the hostel by bus or metro. Only the floor in the 10 bed dorm could have been cleaner.

• 13th Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 31-40

We stayed in the private room which was lovely and spacious with its own little balcony and lounge. The hostel was clean and the staff was really friendly. I would stay there again.

Thank you so much for you review, dear Kerstin!We are glad to hear you had good time here with us!You are welcome to come back anytime you want! Hugs from Bucharest, Holiday Hostel Team

everythig was good but so many romanian ppl are liveing there and they were kinda rude and friendly i feel like ... the hostel wasnt hostel...not international.. but compared price... everything was perfect.. and... breakfast not include!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as advertised......

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't liked the rest of our guests. Yes, we had a bunch of Romanians around but, I'm sure they didn't want to be rude with you ... I know it can be hard to understand when you don't know the language. Sometimes you can complete your trip to a country with living for a little while with the locals. Hopefully, next time when you'll come to visit, you'll find it more international. The breakfast is included in the price for some certain rooms - unfortunately, we can keep the prices too low and all inclusive (you can also have it for a small amount). Cheers :)

Good hostel with friendly staff and service - they gave us tips and were interested in how our trip was going. A little distance from the old town (but we found a very cool abandoned building to explore around the corner in this neighbourhood...). We had a large clean twin room with very comfy beds. Most of the other guests seemed to be Romanian working men, so not the most international of atmospheres. Overall - a very decent hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4