Holiday Jones Reviews

1659 W. Division St., Chicago, USA

I hope that next time tax is included in the price of the room, so that you don't have a little bitter surprise at check in. I have to say that I think every commercial party in the US has his prices exclusive tax.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great location and neighborhood! Staff were super nice and flexible with allowing me to keep my luggage in storage before checking in and after checking out. My single private room was a bit small, but it was comfortable and clean. Overall, had all the necessary amenities, way cheaper than hotels, close to Blue Line (quick travel to downtown), perfect for staying a couple of days for vacation or conference.

• 16th Apr 2015

Holiday Jones is a newly refurbished hostel which is good, however the bar in the front isn't ready just yet so there was no socialising between other travellers. The staff were very friendly and helpful with anything I needed. they have a small map of around Division which is very helpful and shows you all the best places for what ever you need.

• 13th Apr 2015

good: close to the subway, awesome staff - very helpful and nice. bars & restaurants around. mediocre: breakfast. If you're looking for a treat, visit the scone café right across the street. not so good: rooms are comfy, but short of space (re/packing is quite a challenge w/ people around). Beds don't have sockets or individual reading lights (so when you come home late, you either try to find everything in pitch dark or turn on the room light & wake everybody up).

The hostel is very nice and well located. The problem was the noise: the walls are very thin and you can hear noises from every room almost, mostly doors closing and people talking. You can hear people showering in the upper level and the water going trough the pipes.

Beds not the best with noisy springs and soft pillows other than that good hostel to stay in if you don't mind not being downtown.

When I arrived the staff seemed surprised to see me, even though I had called earlier. I specifically picked this hostel because it said that there would be a breakfast in the morning. When I came down nothing was available and there wasn't anybody to ask.

• 5th Apr 2015

We had the best stay at this hostel. The location is amazing and is so easy to get to the major attractions of Chicago. It is also very clean and has everything you need.

A very nice experince... Good location and and conection by cta

Everything was great but the staff. We made the mistake of accidentally confusing our checkout date and boy did the female staff member let us have it. Won't come back because of that. Everything else was pretty good, bathroom situation kind of sucked, but its a hostel so what can you expect.

• 8th Mar 2015

Nice and cozy place to stay. Very convenient to travel around in the city.

Awesome Hotel! Big rooms, nice beds, everything very clean! Awesome staff, very friendly! A kitchen is available, with free breakfast!! Located very good and worth the money! Definitely recommendable!!! =)

Great hostel, fantastic location - close to subway, short trip to downtown and cool neighbourhood, excellent breakfast included and very clean! Only improvements would be better towels and thicker blankets (although they happily provide an extra blanket).

I stayed in the private room. It was a bit cramped but I can't complain for the price I payed for a private room for one night near downtown Chicago! The best part was the bathroom (shared facility), it was roomy and very clean! The person at the front desk greeted me very warmly and welcomed me to Chicago. Definitely made my day. I would definitely stay again in future.

• 27th Jan 2015

The staff really go above and beyond to help visitors! The free breakfast is a little bland but at these prices I can't complain. The facilities appear very nice and seem to be new. Our room was a little cold but they had comforters available at the front desk and turned up the heat when we asked. Pretty quiet place overall. Very well located with the blue metro line just a few minutes walk away.

• 6th Jan 2015

Staff really friendly! Excellent location, near the subway stop "Division", which is quite convenient! Nice breakfast! They don't have many outlets to charge your electronic in the bedroom (only 1 per person), but they lent us an extender. It is a good ideia to bring your own outlet extender if you need more. Overall excellent hostel!

Super friendly and helpful staff, clean bedding, bathrooms and common area, located near bus and metro with good food and bars close by. I would definitely stay again. Do bring your earplugs though as there is street noise early in the morning and beds are squeaky.

I spent three nights there. Staff were extremely helpful. My only ctiticism would be that it was breakfast, not continental breakfast. I hope to return in the summer and look forward to it.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Rooms are cozy, there are 2-3 bathrooms on every floor, the breakfast is simple but good, it's very clean, in a good location and the staff are amazing. I can't reccomend Holiday Jones highly enough and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• 22nd Nov 2014

A winner! Perfect location in a superfun neigbourhood, super clean, good rooms, breakfast included etc etc! Staff vary from brilliant (especially Ryan and the girl) to not so talkative and not so helpful. It could do with cosier, more inviting common areas but they are working on it. Keep up the good work!