Holiday Jones Reviews

1659 W. Division St., Chicago, USA

I stayed in the private room. It was a bit cramped but I can't complain for the price I payed for a private room for one night near downtown Chicago! The best part was the bathroom (shared facility), it was roomy and very clean! The person at the front desk greeted me very warmly and welcomed me to Chicago. Definitely made my day. I would definitely stay again in future.

• 27th Jan 2015

The staff really go above and beyond to help visitors! The free breakfast is a little bland but at these prices I can't complain. The facilities appear very nice and seem to be new. Our room was a little cold but they had comforters available at the front desk and turned up the heat when we asked. Pretty quiet place overall. Very well located with the blue metro line just a few minutes walk away.

• 6th Jan 2015

Staff really friendly! Excellent location, near the subway stop "Division", which is quite convenient! Nice breakfast! They don't have many outlets to charge your electronic in the bedroom (only 1 per person), but they lent us an extender. It is a good ideia to bring your own outlet extender if you need more. Overall excellent hostel!

Super friendly and helpful staff, clean bedding, bathrooms and common area, located near bus and metro with good food and bars close by. I would definitely stay again. Do bring your earplugs though as there is street noise early in the morning and beds are squeaky.

I spent three nights there. Staff were extremely helpful. My only ctiticism would be that it was breakfast, not continental breakfast. I hope to return in the summer and look forward to it.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Rooms are cozy, there are 2-3 bathrooms on every floor, the breakfast is simple but good, it's very clean, in a good location and the staff are amazing. I can't reccomend Holiday Jones highly enough and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• 22nd Nov 2014

A winner! Perfect location in a superfun neigbourhood, super clean, good rooms, breakfast included etc etc! Staff vary from brilliant (especially Ryan and the girl) to not so talkative and not so helpful. It could do with cosier, more inviting common areas but they are working on it. Keep up the good work!

Perhaps it is important to open earlier the breakfast, specially for who is gonna travel. Some fruits will be appreciate. Very small room.

great great great great!!! Super clean facilities, great location in a cool little are of Chicago. 5 minute walk from both train and bus, 10 min bus ride to downtown. Perfect place for anyone travelling on a budget! Thank you Holiday Jones!

• 25th Sep 2014

Great location in a cool neighbourhood, friendly staff, secure place, beautiful funky design, good alternative to a hotel - my mother and I booked a 4-bed dorm for ourselves and it was cheaper than a hotel room in Chicago, that's for sure ;) Just a tiny blip: the breakfast spread looked great, but every time we opened something (bread, peanut butter) it was empty. But who cares about that, a staff member quickly refilled when alerted. Would certainly recommend this hostel.

I've stayed in worse places but it was a disappointing experience all round. Wi-fi kept cutting out every few seconds, the towels that were supplied were dirty and perhaps worst of all, when I came back to reception after going out for an hour to retrieve a bag that had been left in the luggage storage, I found the room unlocked and unattended! The location is good but otherwise I wouldn't recommend the place for a long term stay.

Everything was great and awesome, the place was clean, the staff were friendly and very helpful. breakfast was good. I loved how the place was decorated very cozily. I guess the only minus point was that the airconditioning was a tad too cold at night (still wasnt warm after having a second blanket to double up).

Friendly staff, low cost. The room had the charme of a basement storeroom though.

Amazing staff, great breakfast, facilities are high standard. Only problem is really location however its great for airport travel also buses go past every 10 min to get you closer to the action

The hostel is relatively new, and that's great- the rooms are spacious and nice, breakfast is delicious, and the staff is higly motivated. I'd recommend staying here!