Holiday Jones Reviews

1659 W. Division St., Chicago, USA

Very Very nice hostel with helpful and attentive receptionists who are available all night.

• 3rd Jul 2015

A great location easy access O'Hare airport and Chicago City very close to great restaurant

• 15th Jun 2015

This was a great hostel in a cool area. I would highly recommend it.

Had a great time. One of the best hostels I've ever been.

Everything was really great but I was hoping there would be activities organized with the other people staying since I like to travel alone.

• 13th May 2015

We really enjoyed our stay. The hostel was clean with nice interior decoration, the staff was really friendly and helpful. There was breakfast which was nice (however, maybe make sure that the things don't run out). Overall, we probably couldn't have had a better stay.

+ Staff very helpfull and cheery. Specially the 'gotcha'lady. + Excellent location for nightlife and easy to get to and from irport. - No linen or towel change in 6 nigths I stayed. I know hostels don't do it that ofthen, but they didn't even visit my private room as the thrash was full all the time.

Very friendly and helpful staff, creative facilities, yummy breakfast! :)

I hope that next time tax is included in the price of the room, so that you don't have a little bitter surprise at check in. I have to say that I think every commercial party in the US has his prices exclusive tax.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great location and neighborhood! Staff were super nice and flexible with allowing me to keep my luggage in storage before checking in and after checking out. My single private room was a bit small, but it was comfortable and clean. Overall, had all the necessary amenities, way cheaper than hotels, close to Blue Line (quick travel to downtown), perfect for staying a couple of days for vacation or conference.

• 16th Apr 2015

Holiday Jones is a newly refurbished hostel which is good, however the bar in the front isn't ready just yet so there was no socialising between other travellers. The staff were very friendly and helpful with anything I needed. they have a small map of around Division which is very helpful and shows you all the best places for what ever you need.

• 13th Apr 2015

good: close to the subway, awesome staff - very helpful and nice. bars & restaurants around. mediocre: breakfast. If you're looking for a treat, visit the scone café right across the street. not so good: rooms are comfy, but short of space (re/packing is quite a challenge w/ people around). Beds don't have sockets or individual reading lights (so when you come home late, you either try to find everything in pitch dark or turn on the room light & wake everybody up).

The hostel is very nice and well located. The problem was the noise: the walls are very thin and you can hear noises from every room almost, mostly doors closing and people talking. You can hear people showering in the upper level and the water going trough the pipes.

Beds not the best with noisy springs and soft pillows other than that good hostel to stay in if you don't mind not being downtown.

When I arrived the staff seemed surprised to see me, even though I had called earlier. I specifically picked this hostel because it said that there would be a breakfast in the morning. When I came down nothing was available and there wasn't anybody to ask.

• 5th Apr 2015

We had the best stay at this hostel. The location is amazing and is so easy to get to the major attractions of Chicago. It is also very clean and has everything you need.

A very nice experince... Good location and and conection by cta

Everything was great but the staff. We made the mistake of accidentally confusing our checkout date and boy did the female staff member let us have it. Won't come back because of that. Everything else was pretty good, bathroom situation kind of sucked, but its a hostel so what can you expect.

• 8th Mar 2015

Nice and cozy place to stay. Very convenient to travel around in the city.

Awesome Hotel! Big rooms, nice beds, everything very clean! Awesome staff, very friendly! A kitchen is available, with free breakfast!! Located very good and worth the money! Definitely recommendable!!! =)