Holistico Hostal Reviews

7 avenue sur number 10, Antigua, Guatemala

It's difficult to give this place a poor rating when everything was so good! Our private room was nicely decorated and comfortable, the hostel common areas are lovely (courtyard and rooftop terrace). Free a la carte breakfast was delicious and the complimentary extras were a nice touch! The staff are kind and the place/neighborhood is secure and convenient. Only complaint was the loud music during the day..(hope you like Madonna!) Met some great ppl and had an awesome time. Will be back!

• 27th Mar 2014

It was a very clean & safe location, it would be nice to ave had fans in the room since there are no windows and could get pretty stuffy and hot at nice. Close to good shopping, scenery, travel agencies and coffee. Great rooftop Terrance and coffee, tea and snacks available all day.

• 25th Mar 2014

Very helpful, friendly staff. Great breakfasts, free water, coffee and snacks throughout the day, free beer and rum in the evenings! Great position, only 5 minute walk to Parque Central.

It's a really cool place to stay. The staff are fun and lively, great to go on a night out with. Everyone who stays there becomes friends as the hostal is very social based with free drinks, a terrace, breakfast included etc. Everyone is happy to help or just chat and the staff speak very good English/Spanish. You can also organise a lot of trips or transfers through the hostal for a cheaper price! Overall it's very good value for money and run by lovely people, we would definitely stay again!

Nice place, nice staff, very close to the center, good choice

The owner here is fantastic, and always has time to help with anything, and with perfect english as well. The atmosphere is really great, the courtyard is just perfect. Breakfast was simple but good. Free water and snacks is a really nice touch. It is hard to say a bad word due to how friendly the hostel is, but I have to say the bathroom cleanliness was a bit lacking - the shower really needed new tiles or at least a very thorough cleaning of ingrained dirt. Wifi only works in common area too.

Dear Guest: Thanks for you review and for all that you say. My staff is working so hard everyday in the cleaning facilities and also many guest are so happy because of the cleaning hostal but I will working more in that poin, also the breakfast , many guest say in any forum that is amazing becuase in any hostel you will get 6 options every morning and also the extra things that we have at the table all day, all night. Thanks again and have a nice trip. Regards, Sergio

The hostel itself is quite good, it's clean, well located and for the most part, has pleasant staff. The owner however, is awful. When you first meet Sergio he seems nice. You soon realise that he is an aggressive bully both to his customers and other staff. I thank all the other staff for their efforts during my stay.

Dear Guest, Thanks for your reply but I just want to remain a few things here: I got a few complains from others guest for your behavior during your stay and as other travelers wrote a nices reviews from the hostal , mhy staff and me, I know you had a few problems here with others and that was not good for my hostal. But Thanks for your review adn have a nice travels. Regards Sergio

Booked 4 bed mixed-dorm. Arrived and it was a 10 bed mixed with a curtain dividing it into 6 bed and 4 bed sections. Sergio, the new owner was accommodating however, and was able to set us up with a free private for one of our 4 nights, and a proper 4 bed mixed after I spoke with him. Kind of annoying that they tried to pass off a 10 bed mixed with a curtain as a 4 bed, but they did the right thing and made good on it.

Dear Guest, Thanks for your review and as you know I did my best for all of you and thanks for stay with us. Regards, Sergio

Travelled through Asia, Australia, Europe, central and North America and have never stayed somewhere I have felt this unsafe. The owner gets drunk every evening and is aggressive towards guests and even more so towards staff. He makes guests feel uncomfortable and has a completely unreasonable policy of making guests go to bed at 10pm with lights off. The owner is friendly to begin with but don't be fooled. Other staff are excellent, tea and coffee is provided and breakfast is delicious.

Dear Guest, Thanks for you comments and I had a lot guest in my hostel that say that my place is so safe all the time. And also as everyone knows here the quiet time is 10pm becuase others guest want to go to the bed. Also you call me aggresive and more but I think that you have to respect to me and my hostal. I got a comments for others guest that you was complain all the time, maybe next time you can go to other place. Regards Sergio

Great common area, great rooms and beds, and everything is super clean. Sergio is a great host and goes out of his way to show the local spots during the day as well as take people out at night. It's easy to meet people. The free breakfast is the best of any hostel I've ever stayed at. There's also some free happy hour drinks! I walked into a couple other hostels in Antigua and I think this one is the clear winner.

Dear Guest, Thanks for your reply and I see that you enjoy our lovely place !!!! You are welcome anytime again in Holistico Hostal. Regards, Sergio

Nice place to stay. The flamoyant mexican-swiss owner adds a buzz to the place (yes, quite some welcome drinks too). Breakfast is pretty good, but avoid option 7 :).

Dear Guest, Thanks for your lovely review and I see that you enjoy Holistico Hostal and all ours services!!!! Thanks for stay with us and you are welcome anytime !!!! Sergio