Holistico Hostal Reviews

7 avenue sur number 10, Antigua, Guatemala

Stayed here during off season, really enjoyed the space and the people passing through. The staff are extremely helpful and up at all hours to assist with any travel issues. Breakfast was delish, and having clean water, breakfast, and tea included in the accommodation price is so so so nice! If you've stayed in other hostels around Guatemala, you know how big of a perk this is!

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Best hostel of my trip so far!

Security gate was really annoying...felt a bit jail like. My bed had bed bugs and I was covered in spots on my legs and back. Needs a good clean.

Dear Guest, We are in Guatemala and we take care of every guest at the gate. The bed bugs was not even true, we clean the hostal everyday, my team work perfect and maybe you have the bugs with you from you last stop. So, next time , maybe you have to go to the boutique hotel. Regards

Great hostel for those seeking a quiet stay in a clean high quality place. Not very social atmosphere.

The hostel is safe, it's very well located and has a very good structure. They also have a great breakfast. Despite the quite time, it cab be very noisy before it, specially in the rooms in the front.

Highly recommend this hostel, all hostel grounds and facilities are super clean, the staff are very very friendly and helpful in every way, the cooked breakfast is delicious (get the egg pesto sandwich!) and the location is very central to Antigua and makes walking around very easy.

• 14th Jul 2014

Location was awesome. Environment was chill and relaxing. We enjoyed our time in Antigua and would love to come again. Plus, Sergio helped us out a lot getting our bus booked to Nicaragua.

A hostel with everything you need.

• 10th Jun 2014

Enjoyed another stay at Holistico. Always fun and safe. Laundry services need to be addressed. Some of my clothing I had washed was missing and when you don't pack much to begin with it can cause problems. Overall always worth the small stuff. Will be back I hope. Lynn

• 28th May 2014

Hostel was nice, though bit overpriced, although they did have free beer and some rum from 4-8pm, so I guess it evens out. Hostel is in a nice location and very touristy location. You have to walk quite a bit to get a feel for the real Antigua (if it still exists). Hostel owner was around all the time and even took us out for drinks and a bite. He's a bit bossy, though. Also, the taco joint near the hostel (where he took us) was not very good.

Dear Guest , Thanks for your review and I just to comment you a few things, for the price that you paid in the hostel, is others you don't even get a hot shower, not breakfast and even a free drinks for a few hours. As I know you, you was not even social person and if you don't want to go around in Antigua when I take my guest, you can walk anywhere around. The Hostal is only two blocks from everywhere and is close by everything. Antigua is Antigua and is the most tourist place. Thanks

It's difficult to give this place a poor rating when everything was so good! Our private room was nicely decorated and comfortable, the hostel common areas are lovely (courtyard and rooftop terrace). Free a la carte breakfast was delicious and the complimentary extras were a nice touch! The staff are kind and the place/neighborhood is secure and convenient. Only complaint was the loud music during the day..(hope you like Madonna!) Met some great ppl and had an awesome time. Will be back!

• 27th Mar 2014

It was a very clean & safe location, it would be nice to ave had fans in the room since there are no windows and could get pretty stuffy and hot at nice. Close to good shopping, scenery, travel agencies and coffee. Great rooftop Terrance and coffee, tea and snacks available all day.

• 25th Mar 2014

Very helpful, friendly staff. Great breakfasts, free water, coffee and snacks throughout the day, free beer and rum in the evenings! Great position, only 5 minute walk to Parque Central.