Holland House Reviews

Holland House, 53 Eccleston Square, London, England

this is less of a traditional backpacker hostel but more of a temporary/longterm stay for people living/working/studying in London. Furniture is low quality, bunk beds are making loud sounds when moving, lockers are just lockable wardrobes (not so safe and stable) and my keys didn't fit them with the receptionist unable to find a solution

Dirty old toilets and bathrooms ! Not pressure on the water in all bathrooms I try to find one good but in all the floors there is no pressure to take a proper shower

Very nice and quiet hostel. I felt very cosy and at home. The hostel is clean but some of the toilets weren't always clean. The staff are friendly and helpful.

great hostel, really well set up and very good facilities. only complaint was the dryer in the laundry: didn't seem to work at all

Not so friendly staffs. On the day I arrived they don't ready with my booking, and said my name wasn't there, but after I show them my booking sheet then only he had to create my booking on their system. Breakfast was started late 9am to 10am ONLY, no one are allow to be in dining area after that time. On my last day, I was ask the staff to keep my laptop bag inside his office just for 2 hours before living the house, but he refused and asked my to put it outside, no mercy.

The worst hostel I've ever been. The staff couldn't be more rude and the atmosphere is terrible. There is no tune between the staff, since the information given by them were completely different. During my check in, in accordance with the receptionist, I let my ID document from brazil as an identification document, because I always carry my passport with me. One day later another receptionist called me while I was having dinner and made me leave the table to pick up my passport in my room!

• 14th Dec 2015

Highly recommend this place!! The location was perfect I did not have to catch the underground at all as everything was within walking distance! I had booked a 4 bed female dorm and was upgraded to a 2 bed which was a nice surprise. Showers and toilets were readily available with running hot water. The breakfast was a nice bonus, dinner was only an additional 4 Pounds for delish chicken, potatoes and salad all generously served. The staff were also super friendly and helpful!

I had a great stay. Nice rooms and good facilities. Would definitely recommend.

Dazzling!

basically it was all good but the showers and breakfast werent too nice. for a shower one has to press that button too often which is extremely annoying and the breakfast was advertised as continantal one but pretty poor

• 7th Sep 2015

+ Excellent location. + Superb price/value ratio. + Clean rooms, toilets and hostel as whole. + Big rooms + Free breakfast - Shower at our floor was malfunctioning. - The building is quite old and needs renovation.

• 4th Sep 2015
  • Russia

Highly Recommended...

• 29th Aug 2015
  • India

When I will return in London I Will return in HOLLAND HOUSE. Thank you Luciana e Alessandro

• 17th Aug 2015