Holland House Reviews

Holland House, 53 Eccleston Square, London, England

The staff guy who checked me in was NOT helpful at all; I just asked a few questions (pretty reasonable questions: when is breakfast, check-out, etc.), but he seemed very annoyed at having to answer them. After traveling all day, all I wanted to do was take a shower, but one look at the shower stalls - I looked in several - and I decided I'd simply be cleaner by not showering. No drinking fountains or any drinking water available ANYWHERE all afternoon/evening/night; wish I'd known that before!

• 20th Dec 2014

The bathrooms were very dirty, there was confusion about which rooms to put us in when we arrived, when we went up to the dorm room the other people's things were everywhere in the room, the central heating was very hot and we couldn't sleep. Overall an unpleasant stay.

I was staying only for one night. Booked 4 female room but in the same price get double room with sink. It was a big gift :) Dinner and breakfast was included !!! Proper warm meal. Staff very kind and helpful however they didn't have working printer. Generally place clean and no mosquitoes. For that price what I paid get brilliant value.

An excellent site for quick access to Victoria. Staff very helpful to newcomers.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

A new hostel in great location near Victoria bus station offering very good value in dorms and including meals.

No soap in the room , the bath/ shower is smelly not washed.

• 30th Aug 2014

Staff was not helpful and rude. There was a bad smell in this place, like if it was not ventilated much at all. Location was good though, close to main attractions and the fact that breakfast and dinner (lunch during weekends) were included was another positive thing, but I would recommend to stay somewhere else for maybe the same or better price.

Overall very good and good value - good breakfast too. Only negative wi-fi bandwith limit per day is too low,

Stayed for one night to go clubbing, ideally located on the Victoria line and was clean and tidy. Would definitely recommend!

• 10th Jul 2014

I only stayed one night as I was passing through London before flying back to the states, but I'd previously stayed at the Generator Hostel. I only met the front desk guy as we didn't have time to have dinner or breakfast at the hostel, but he was helpful. We stayed in a female quad dorm that was a pretty decent size for London standards, but the mattresses were old and lumpy and mine had stains on it. The bathrooms and showers however, we're sub par. The shower just drizzled, pretty useless.

• 3rd Jul 2014