Holland House Reviews

Holland House, 53 Eccleston Square, London, England

Overall very good and good value - good breakfast too. Only negative wi-fi bandwith limit per day is too low,

Stayed for one night to go clubbing, ideally located on the Victoria line and was clean and tidy. Would definitely recommend!

• 10th Jul 2014

I only stayed one night as I was passing through London before flying back to the states, but I'd previously stayed at the Generator Hostel. I only met the front desk guy as we didn't have time to have dinner or breakfast at the hostel, but he was helpful. We stayed in a female quad dorm that was a pretty decent size for London standards, but the mattresses were old and lumpy and mine had stains on it. The bathrooms and showers however, we're sub par. The shower just drizzled, pretty useless.

• 3rd Jul 2014

i stayed in very good female dorm - for 5 person, but big and comfort room. There is brekfast + dinner there.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Russia

I've found good place! Clean, quite, very central and staff was helpful!

I was really comfortable in the room. Thanks

shower sucks

Lovely place to stay. Very clean. If had a kitchen would have been perfect. Thanks a lot.

Nice hostel close to train, coach and tube station. Well run and in a nice area

Great value for money. Quiet atmosphere, but a bit unhygenic.

Very good, close to the victoria train station, just kinda hard to find, the environment is nice, room is big, and many other good things~sorry I got wrong just now, the one near victoria train station is this one...

Super deals if you book from HostelWorld. Expect zero atmosphere and a posh neighborhood. Much less cramped dorms than in London hostels in general. There were definitely bed bugs and I'm not the kind of guy who sees bugs everywhere

Arrived at night at the prearranged time (I've sent a mail the day before asking if I would find someone at the desk at that time, they said "ok, no problem"), nobody was answering at the doorbell, I kept trying for an hour before deciding to go back to the airport. Definitely worst experience ever for an hostel

• 11th Sep 2013

Lift of location was uncomfortable a little.

This was a great hostel. Only 4 people per room, clean, and not only was it a few blocks away from Victoria Station but also quite a few mayor sites. Also considering it includes meals (breakfast and dinner) you can't really ask for more, specially at that price.

• 10th Sep 2013

I could only say this is the best ever hostel I've lived in the London (I tried many)! Price should have been higher (£27 or something according to the reception staff) if not booking on hostelworld. In fact, I only paid £10.99 and breakfast and dinner all included. The bed lien is very clean and smell nice even. Very cozy room with even wardrobes. En-suite standard. You cannot miss it. There is market around by walking distance, and Victoria station is just around the corner.

I know I had a deal, but even with normal prices, I think this hostel would easily rock any other hostel in London in terms of conditions and value for money (I tried quite a few), as long as you're not there for making friends to party with. It's really relaxing, clean and they offer both breakfast and a copious dinner. They also have a gym (which I did not use). The staff is just great, too!

Everything about this hostel is amazing, except for the fact that most people are residents here and are not interested in socialising with backpackers. As a single traveller I didn't meet anyone here, and the atmosphere was poor. But if you can put up with that, everything else is amazing. Location is excellent, value for money is outstanding (free dinners!!!), and facilities as excellent.

Stayed in the girls 4 bed dorm - the plug sockets are nowhere near the mirrors, so it was difficult to get ready for a night out - blow drying hair and using straighteners, as the sockets were nowhere near the mirrors - a rethink of the room layout perhaps? Breakfast is very basic - just cereal, toast and tea/coffee, for the £13 for the night, who cares!? Towel hire would be useful; shower lighting didn't work; fantastic location, literally down the road from Victoria train station, staff great!

• 7th Sep 2013

I had checked in on 2nd sep 2013 & at the receptionist was Mr Leni- His behavior was good and very helpful I had checked out on 5th Sep 2013 & on that day the receptionist was somebody else & his behavior and hospitality was absolutely poor and I had pointed him out that this is not how you treat your customers. Not only myself but other customers also condemned his bad behaviour

• 2nd Sep 2013