Holland House Reviews

Holland House, 53 Eccleston Square, London, England

I had my own room in Central London for the price of which normally a dormitory bed would cost , including free dinner and breakfast! I couldn't believe! Very good value for money.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Hungary

Very helpful and accomodating - thank you!

• 19th Jan 2015

Awful creaky beds, extremely cold in the room. Not enough space in the canteen, poor breakfast. I'd never stay here again.

Location was good. Close to Victoria Station. The bathrooms were disgusting. Feces in every toilet, poorly cleaned. The showers were not nice either. There was a dungy smell throughout the hostel, and a quarter of it smelled like cigarettes. My bed had a used condom ties to the top of it. DISGUSTING! Most of the staff were decent

I have some good memories from the hostel, but the bad are the ones that I'd like to comment: the beds are uncomfortable and make a lot of noise when someone is moving on it. There is no luggage storage out. When I was doing check-out, I asked if I could storage my luggage for a few hours and one member of the staff simply pointed out to me the area in front of the reception, totally unsafe, and said ti me to leave it there. It was kinda rude and an inviable option.

Nice place, made for long term stays as some people are living here all year around. Cleanliness ok, the bathroom and toilets are basic but ok. A common room is lacking to make it feel more like a hostel, the kitchen in nice and clean, but there is no access to cooking facilities and no fridge available to customers. The staff is in charge of all the cooking, that has to come from the kitchen (no personnal food).Overall it's more like a hotel with dormitories.

The beds are very uncomfortable.

we had to sleep in separate rooms, even though sb left my room on the 2nd night...my bed hadnt been changed when I arrived late in the evening and once ready I couldnt sleep cos the matress was painful. The food on Sat was quite good although the cafeteria could do with a lick of paint and some details to make it cosier. On Sun it was a simple breakfast. The so called study room looked like a prison cell and I missed some seating area where socialise. Still it was cheap but I was disappointed.

Great hostel. I have made the right choice.

• 21st Dec 2014

A hostel only need to have a good bed and bathroom facilities, it's a shame that even when they say they clean ththem daily it look like it was cleaned 6 months ago.

The staff guy who checked me in was NOT helpful at all; I just asked a few questions (pretty reasonable questions: when is breakfast, check-out, etc.), but he seemed very annoyed at having to answer them. After traveling all day, all I wanted to do was take a shower, but one look at the shower stalls - I looked in several - and I decided I'd simply be cleaner by not showering. No drinking fountains or any drinking water available ANYWHERE all afternoon/evening/night; wish I'd known that before!

• 20th Dec 2014

The bathrooms were very dirty, there was confusion about which rooms to put us in when we arrived, when we went up to the dorm room the other people's things were everywhere in the room, the central heating was very hot and we couldn't sleep. Overall an unpleasant stay.

I was staying only for one night. Booked 4 female room but in the same price get double room with sink. It was a big gift :) Dinner and breakfast was included !!! Proper warm meal. Staff very kind and helpful however they didn't have working printer. Generally place clean and no mosquitoes. For that price what I paid get brilliant value.

An excellent site for quick access to Victoria. Staff very helpful to newcomers.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

A new hostel in great location near Victoria bus station offering very good value in dorms and including meals.

No soap in the room , the bath/ shower is smelly not washed.

• 30th Aug 2014

Staff was not helpful and rude. There was a bad smell in this place, like if it was not ventilated much at all. Location was good though, close to main attractions and the fact that breakfast and dinner (lunch during weekends) were included was another positive thing, but I would recommend to stay somewhere else for maybe the same or better price.

Overall very good and good value - good breakfast too. Only negative wi-fi bandwith limit per day is too low,

Stayed for one night to go clubbing, ideally located on the Victoria line and was clean and tidy. Would definitely recommend!

• 10th Jul 2014

I only stayed one night as I was passing through London before flying back to the states, but I'd previously stayed at the Generator Hostel. I only met the front desk guy as we didn't have time to have dinner or breakfast at the hostel, but he was helpful. We stayed in a female quad dorm that was a pretty decent size for London standards, but the mattresses were old and lumpy and mine had stains on it. The bathrooms and showers however, we're sub par. The shower just drizzled, pretty useless.

• 3rd Jul 2014