Holland House Reviews

Holland House, 53 Eccleston Square, London, England

The time for breakfast can be a bit longer and really enjoy the hot food on Sat morning

Holland house was great. Had some live in girls in my dorm who were so nice. The included breakfast and dinners were awesome, I'd recommend alone to stay here t is s central on,y a 10 min walk from Victoria station. Only thing is their showers are bit dodgy so for girls it's a bit hard to wash your hair

very good location, close to Victoria station and to the Buckingham palace. I arrived around 9:30 pm and reception closes at 9 so there was no one there to open the door for me, when I finally got in there was no one there and you have to call them but I didn't have an England number to call. but the rooms are really good , you have your own wardrobe and you can lock it, the have free breakfast and free dinner every day so that's quite good !

Great location within easy walking distance of Victoria/Green Line coach stations and Victoria train/Tube station. A LOT OF STAIRS. There is a lift but you will still be taking stairs to get places. Dinner and lunch were unexpected bonuses. A hot breakfast on Saturday was also a pleasant surprise. COIN LAUNDRY - wonderful, but soap needs to be available. Creaky bunk beds. Lots of long term stay guests. Need a permanent room for left luggage; otherwise nearly perfect.

Good security - you get an electronic key for both the front door and your room, you do need to pay a deposit for these though. Wasn't allowed to go in the hostel before check-in time so can't leave your bags and walk around like some hostels. Really close to the Victoria train and coach station, where you arrive from the airport. Not exactly a typical hostel - people staying in my room for about 6 months, no kitchen or common area. You get breakfast and dinner included in the price!

Best local for short visits

I like holland house! It is really close to big station Victoria, in a nice area. The staff (who are volunteers who do it in exchange for bed) are friendly! Good food included, even if some guys told me it is the same food every week though. Would like to go back there!

This hostel is a combination of short and long term residents. Booked the two of us into a 6 bed room and we were split up into two two bed rooms with people on long term stays. The staff was generally pretty good but nothing extraordinary. Toilets / showers were not very clean. Breakfast is minimal but you sometimes get dinner which is awesome.

• 16th May 2015

When we arrived it took us 30 mins to check in due to the poor customer service. The room smelt and the bathrooms were filth. After a terrible night we wanted to checkout at the time specified by reception to make a flight. There was no one at the reception. A sign was left saying "back in 5" after waiting 40 minutes we decided to get coffee and come back, we were told by a resident not to expect service as all the employees of hostel were in a meeting. Who has a staff meeting at checkout time!

• 14th May 2015

I originally booked this hostel because it was conveniently located and the easiest one to get to from Gatwick airport (one train ride and no tube). Based on previous reviews I was sceptical about the facilities and the food, but was pleasantly surprised when I arrived and booked an extra night! For anyone who is on a budget in London I would recommend this hostel. It is cheap, comfortable, safe and they provide you with breakfast and dinner, all the things you would want in a hostel.

• 12th May 2015

I had my own room in Central London for the price of which normally a dormitory bed would cost , including free dinner and breakfast! I couldn't believe! Very good value for money.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Hungary

Very helpful and accomodating - thank you!

• 19th Jan 2015

Awful creaky beds, extremely cold in the room. Not enough space in the canteen, poor breakfast. I'd never stay here again.

Location was good. Close to Victoria Station. The bathrooms were disgusting. Feces in every toilet, poorly cleaned. The showers were not nice either. There was a dungy smell throughout the hostel, and a quarter of it smelled like cigarettes. My bed had a used condom ties to the top of it. DISGUSTING! Most of the staff were decent

I have some good memories from the hostel, but the bad are the ones that I'd like to comment: the beds are uncomfortable and make a lot of noise when someone is moving on it. There is no luggage storage out. When I was doing check-out, I asked if I could storage my luggage for a few hours and one member of the staff simply pointed out to me the area in front of the reception, totally unsafe, and said ti me to leave it there. It was kinda rude and an inviable option.

Nice place, made for long term stays as some people are living here all year around. Cleanliness ok, the bathroom and toilets are basic but ok. A common room is lacking to make it feel more like a hostel, the kitchen in nice and clean, but there is no access to cooking facilities and no fridge available to customers. The staff is in charge of all the cooking, that has to come from the kitchen (no personnal food).Overall it's more like a hotel with dormitories.

The beds are very uncomfortable.

we had to sleep in separate rooms, even though sb left my room on the 2nd night...my bed hadnt been changed when I arrived late in the evening and once ready I couldnt sleep cos the matress was painful. The food on Sat was quite good although the cafeteria could do with a lick of paint and some details to make it cosier. On Sun it was a simple breakfast. The so called study room looked like a prison cell and I missed some seating area where socialise. Still it was cheap but I was disappointed.

Great hostel. I have made the right choice.

• 21st Dec 2014

A hostel only need to have a good bed and bathroom facilities, it's a shame that even when they say they clean ththem daily it look like it was cleaned 6 months ago.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4