Holland House Reviews

Holland House, 53 Eccleston Square, London, England

No soap in the room , the bath/ shower is smelly not washed.

• 30th Aug 2014

Staff was not helpful and rude. There was a bad smell in this place, like if it was not ventilated much at all. Location was good though, close to main attractions and the fact that breakfast and dinner (lunch during weekends) were included was another positive thing, but I would recommend to stay somewhere else for maybe the same or better price.

Overall very good and good value - good breakfast too. Only negative wi-fi bandwith limit per day is too low,

Stayed for one night to go clubbing, ideally located on the Victoria line and was clean and tidy. Would definitely recommend!

• 10th Jul 2014

I only stayed one night as I was passing through London before flying back to the states, but I'd previously stayed at the Generator Hostel. I only met the front desk guy as we didn't have time to have dinner or breakfast at the hostel, but he was helpful. We stayed in a female quad dorm that was a pretty decent size for London standards, but the mattresses were old and lumpy and mine had stains on it. The bathrooms and showers however, we're sub par. The shower just drizzled, pretty useless.

• 3rd Jul 2014

i stayed in very good female dorm - for 5 person, but big and comfort room. There is brekfast + dinner there.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Russia

I've found good place! Clean, quite, very central and staff was helpful!

I was really comfortable in the room. Thanks

shower sucks

Lovely place to stay. Very clean. If had a kitchen would have been perfect. Thanks a lot.

Nice hostel close to train, coach and tube station. Well run and in a nice area

Great value for money. Quiet atmosphere, but a bit unhygenic.

Very good, close to the victoria train station, just kinda hard to find, the environment is nice, room is big, and many other good things~sorry I got wrong just now, the one near victoria train station is this one...

Super deals if you book from HostelWorld. Expect zero atmosphere and a posh neighborhood. Much less cramped dorms than in London hostels in general. There were definitely bed bugs and I'm not the kind of guy who sees bugs everywhere

Arrived at night at the prearranged time (I've sent a mail the day before asking if I would find someone at the desk at that time, they said "ok, no problem"), nobody was answering at the doorbell, I kept trying for an hour before deciding to go back to the airport. Definitely worst experience ever for an hostel

• 11th Sep 2013

Lift of location was uncomfortable a little.

This was a great hostel. Only 4 people per room, clean, and not only was it a few blocks away from Victoria Station but also quite a few mayor sites. Also considering it includes meals (breakfast and dinner) you can't really ask for more, specially at that price.

• 10th Sep 2013

I could only say this is the best ever hostel I've lived in the London (I tried many)! Price should have been higher (£27 or something according to the reception staff) if not booking on hostelworld. In fact, I only paid £10.99 and breakfast and dinner all included. The bed lien is very clean and smell nice even. Very cozy room with even wardrobes. En-suite standard. You cannot miss it. There is market around by walking distance, and Victoria station is just around the corner.

I know I had a deal, but even with normal prices, I think this hostel would easily rock any other hostel in London in terms of conditions and value for money (I tried quite a few), as long as you're not there for making friends to party with. It's really relaxing, clean and they offer both breakfast and a copious dinner. They also have a gym (which I did not use). The staff is just great, too!

Everything about this hostel is amazing, except for the fact that most people are residents here and are not interested in socialising with backpackers. As a single traveller I didn't meet anyone here, and the atmosphere was poor. But if you can put up with that, everything else is amazing. Location is excellent, value for money is outstanding (free dinners!!!), and facilities as excellent.

« first « Prev 1 2 3