Holland House Reviews

Holland House, 53 Eccleston Square, London, England

Very good, close to the victoria train station, just kinda hard to find, the environment is nice, room is big, and many other good things~sorry I got wrong just now, the one near victoria train station is this one...

Super deals if you book from HostelWorld. Expect zero atmosphere and a posh neighborhood. Much less cramped dorms than in London hostels in general. There were definitely bed bugs and I'm not the kind of guy who sees bugs everywhere

Arrived at night at the prearranged time (I've sent a mail the day before asking if I would find someone at the desk at that time, they said "ok, no problem"), nobody was answering at the doorbell, I kept trying for an hour before deciding to go back to the airport. Definitely worst experience ever for an hostel

• 11th Sep 2013

Lift of location was uncomfortable a little.

This was a great hostel. Only 4 people per room, clean, and not only was it a few blocks away from Victoria Station but also quite a few mayor sites. Also considering it includes meals (breakfast and dinner) you can't really ask for more, specially at that price.

• 10th Sep 2013

I could only say this is the best ever hostel I've lived in the London (I tried many)! Price should have been higher (£27 or something according to the reception staff) if not booking on hostelworld. In fact, I only paid £10.99 and breakfast and dinner all included. The bed lien is very clean and smell nice even. Very cozy room with even wardrobes. En-suite standard. You cannot miss it. There is market around by walking distance, and Victoria station is just around the corner.

I know I had a deal, but even with normal prices, I think this hostel would easily rock any other hostel in London in terms of conditions and value for money (I tried quite a few), as long as you're not there for making friends to party with. It's really relaxing, clean and they offer both breakfast and a copious dinner. They also have a gym (which I did not use). The staff is just great, too!

Everything about this hostel is amazing, except for the fact that most people are residents here and are not interested in socialising with backpackers. As a single traveller I didn't meet anyone here, and the atmosphere was poor. But if you can put up with that, everything else is amazing. Location is excellent, value for money is outstanding (free dinners!!!), and facilities as excellent.

Stayed in the girls 4 bed dorm - the plug sockets are nowhere near the mirrors, so it was difficult to get ready for a night out - blow drying hair and using straighteners, as the sockets were nowhere near the mirrors - a rethink of the room layout perhaps? Breakfast is very basic - just cereal, toast and tea/coffee, for the £13 for the night, who cares!? Towel hire would be useful; shower lighting didn't work; fantastic location, literally down the road from Victoria train station, staff great!

• 7th Sep 2013

I had checked in on 2nd sep 2013 & at the receptionist was Mr Leni- His behavior was good and very helpful I had checked out on 5th Sep 2013 & on that day the receptionist was somebody else & his behavior and hospitality was absolutely poor and I had pointed him out that this is not how you treat your customers. Not only myself but other customers also condemned his bad behaviour

• 2nd Sep 2013
  • India

We had a great time in London. Beds were a bit too noisy and the reception staff quite impolite. Apart from that... was good value for money.

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Spain

A great value for money... 15 pounds for a night just a few hundert meters from Victoria + a breakfast and a lunch in the price... I can´t complain

• 31st Aug 2013
  • Czech Republic

Stayed for 2 nights, the breakfast and dinner were very good value for the money. Staff were very friendly and facilities are also more than enough. Location is excellent will definitely stay there again when I'm in London.

• 28th Aug 2013
  • Portugal

It was difficult to connect to the wi-fi. The staff was only moderately accommodating. The place was clean but my key didn't work for my cupboards in my room. Also, the mattresses are very uncomfortable.

There are what seems to be a large amount of long-term boarders here, resulting in an apparent joint effort by the staff and residents to keep the place looking decent. Our room had free Internet, only requiring a lengthy registration. Because I only stayed one night, it was apparently deemed that I was not staying long enough to be given a key fob, so I couldn't get into the building on my own and couldn't use any of the locking wardrobes. Otherwise, no complaints--good value for what you get.

• 24th Aug 2013

We were really surprised by the conditions in the hostel - not only was it really cheap even despite mid-season and perfect location, but also clean and enormously quiet. I stayed in 4-bed female room with windows heading the square and I must say there were no sounds from the street even though Victoria coach station was few hundred metres away.

Worst showers, non-existent and annoying to connect to WiFi, unfriendly, bland staff and the most uncomfortable beds. Good side: free breaky and lunch, top location near Victoria Station and yep that's it...

Clean, good location (really close from Victoria Station), great value for money. But it is really more for long stay than short ones, breakfast time is really early and short when you are on hollidays (from 7.15 to 8.15). The atmosphere and the staff are really cold (just doing the minimum), it's a shame really some information about what you can currently do in London, a little smile, a little question to know how was my stay... and it could be so much better!

It's a REAL BARGAIN !!! They offer Diner and breakfast !!! In Located in central London, next to Victoria station!

The best thing about it was the location. Very near to the Victoria station. The staffs were not very friendly and helpful. Poor breakfast. Barely had water to shower. Most important thing to note: THERE IS NO PLACE TO STORE LUGGAGES AFTER CHECKING OUT.

• 12th Aug 2013