Holly's Hostel Reviews

No.246Wuhouci Dajie, Chengdu, China

Holly's is very conveniently located in the Wuhouci area. Which is great for the Tibetan vibe or the beautiful nearby park. But personally I think it's a bit outdated. Staff is friendly and helpful, like the free use of internet and pc but I'd definitely prefer Flip flop hostel

We always stay here when we are in Chengdu. We like the location as it is relatively close to points of interest and many restaurants. The front desk is always accomodating to requests and changes and always helpful. The rooms are always decently clean. Recommended if you are on budget and want somewhere close to stuff and a clean place to lay your head...try Hollys Hostel^^

• 27th Jun 2014

Everything was great.

Holly's hostel is a nice place to stay, although the rooms clearly need a major remake. The staff is extremely helpful and the restaurant is very good indeed.

• 27th May 2014

Excellent driver and guide service to the Panda Research Center provided by Holly's Hostel.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Holly's Hostel has a good location, so we can go to Wuhou Temple and Jinli or Tibetan ornaments street easily. Jinli is interesting at night with many bars and tea house. Holly's staff is friendly and helpful. Holly's has many information for your next tour from Chengdu, like tour to Kham, Amdo, Tibet,... The price is reasonable. We will stay here next time.

The location is excellent, albeit a little difficult to find the first time. It's easy walking distance from many of the sites in Chengdu, but also easy to get a taxi right outside if you want. The private rooms are large, comfortable and air conditioned. The bathrooms are nice and there's TV if you want to watch a billion channels of CCTV. The rooms hadn't been cleaned very thoroughly; only the areas you see. Don't look under the beds! Overall it was very comfortable, but not outstanding.

I have stayed in hostels across Europe and Asia, and this was the worst. 1st, the directions to the hostel from the train station are wrong, plus there are 4 or 5 different places to catch a bus from the Chengdu station and they put no detail into telling you which. 2nd, they do not have beds, just ply wood covered with fabric, I was shocked when I first saw it and though it was a joke. 3rd, the place is a mess, its popular for bicyclist and there are tools and parts everywhere. DO NOT STAY HERE

• 7th Jul 2013

This is the second time I'd stayed at Holly's. I have only a few gripes; overall, I like the place, the building, and the location. It's sandwiched in between the Tibetan Quarter and the Wuhou Temple/Jinli Street areas, and not far from buses and taxis going elsewhere. This time, it was mostly Chinese tourists staying here, which meant we had to deal with smoking in the rooms--but the staff were quick to chastise any offenders when I complained (being passive-aggressive). I'd come back.

I can only comment on the hostel out of season, however we were not impressed。 The staff were not particuarly friendly and the atmostphere was not great。The location was ok, but not many taxi drivers knew were it was。

• 19th Jan 2013

Best showers I've ever had! Great cooking (just don't order the sausage), 10/10 for everything else. Super-helpful staff and I loved the situation; so close to the touristy bits and so close to the original bits too. Great place to be for sure! Loved it, Pat & Jamie.

We stayed at holly's during the chinees holiday, so the prices were very high and the place was full of chinees people So we didnt liked it so much

Honestly, stay here only if you don't have better options (which was my case. Golden week, aiya...) I've seen better hostels in chengdu, with the same exact price but better ambiance, cooler people and much better facilities. Holly's hostel is just ok, quite clean, location is convenient (although super noisy during golden week) but nothing exceptional and since the price is just like other nicer hostels, i don't see the point of going there. Staff is friendly though.

it is not very convenient that the wash room is on the first floor

• 1st Oct 2012
  • China

We've got a very noisy room. There was no WIFI in the room while it was everywhere else. In the toilet there was a towel full of (dry) blood. The room floor got a hole in the middle. We've kindly asked twice to change the room but there was no way (even if there was at least a free room). The common area were nothing more than a common hotel, no atmosphere. The location is in the noisy and touristic area of the Wuhou temple, far from Metro.

I really enjoyed the stay at holly's hostel. I would like to thank the whole hostel staff. I try to come back as soon as it is possible.

• 11th Sep 2012

We were not informed beforehand that the dorm rooms are mixed rooms, and the gentleman staying with us looked every bit as confused as we were. They would not re-book our room, and we ended up going to stay at a different guest house.

• 16th Aug 2012

A nice place to stay with very nice people in it and wonderful staff. The only thing we didn't quite like was the super hard bed, where it was almost impossible to sleep, and no hot water in the showers.

Brilliant staff, a good and cosy rooftop restaurant with fine breakfast. Try the neightbouring tibetan restaurant. The panda center tour is no doubt recommendable and very cheap.

I loved this hostel, the staff were friendly and willing to help with any queries, the room I had with my friend was large with a big bathroom so we weren't on top of each other all the time. Also the location was great next to some great tibetan shops and restaurants. The food was cheap and of excellent quality with all serving staff being very friendly. The only issue that would have is with the bar as it should update what is on the drinks menu.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4