Hollywood Beach Hostel Reviews

320 Arizona Street, Fort Lauderdale, USA

Great hostel espessially the taco bar which had a happy hour from 10pm to 1 am with 1usd beers and 2usd margaritas. Dangerous and awesome at the same time

I was meant to be in a 10 bed room mixed dorm but was put in a 12 bed dorm. When I mentioned this to manager the following morning, she just said 'really, the websites wrong'. BE CAREFUL-they charge $5 and tax on top of the price, this doesn't show up until after booking (using the phone app). They charged the room to my card at 1pm (I arrived at 7ish) -bit of a liberty that they just decided to use my card details on system as I was to pay cash. There were boys underwear down side of my bed

Excellent location. Clean rooms. People complained about the 5$ resort fee, but just make use of the many things they have to offer. Take a bike and ride along the boardwalk. It's a great litlte hostel, highly recommend.

good location close to the beach!! and nice service

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Israel

The dorm at the back of the house is very dark, damp. Will definitely stay in south beach next time, there's not a lot around there and if you don't have a car there is not much transport that runs frequently.

I really liked the hostel - it's one minute from the beach, and the atmosphere of the place is great. The staff are really nice as well. There's nothing really interesting nearby other than the beach, but I guess that's true for the whole city of Hollywood, Florida.

It was a very bad day, tropical storm all day. I hiked in in the rain soaked wet carrying a 30lb backpack soaked asked if I could stow it so I didn't have to carry out in the pouring rain but they had no compation and didn't want to be bothered until 3 at checkin time! Offered no suggestive help at all! Had a we don't care attitude. There credit card machine rejected my credit card. went elsewhere to dry out before getting sick!

• 2nd Jun 2014

Upon arrival we had bank issues which meant we needed to use the phone to resolve the issues. The staff were more than accommodating, allowing us to do this. Everything was fine about the hostel itself apart from know one is on site after 11pm therefore security is slack. We experienced this when some people who clearly hadn't paid for the hostel intruded during the night, which was easy from them at the hostel is split up into beach houses. Free bike and board rentals, good kitchen and washing.

Watch out for the amount they are charging you. They don't take off the deposit you have already paid online and play dumm when you approach them about this. I asked them if they took it off. The answer was yes, when i checked the receipt i found out that they didn't. It took me almost an hour with a very unfriendly receptionist who wasn't able to calculate at all. Come prepared and don't let them rip you off!

The hostel was a great stay. Amazing location, beautiful facility and very stylish, fairly helpful staff - I had a great time. Would recommend it to anybody looking for a cheap but decent stay near the beach in southern Florida, and will definitely come again. My only complaint is that I had to pay 5$ for a lock to my locker, and I realy think the hotel should have just had locks available for free. They told me they had lockers when I booked, but neglected to tell me they didnt come with locks!

• 26th May 2014

I changed from a dorm to a private room. It was a lovely hostel. Location is brilliant. Close to the beach. The free equipment they have is fantastic. Free hiring of bikes, beach chairs volleyballs etc. only downside is that there is no breakfast.

More of a hotel with dorms than a hostel. There is no real hostel vibe. The kitchen is lacking plates. The guy on reception (Diego i think) is really cool and friendly. This place is right by the beach, so fo that it is great, but you wont meet people much here.

if you are looking for a clean place that is close to the beach and not full of wild partiers, you should choose this place! it takes only 20 secs to go to the beach. the only downside is the lack of public transportation around. i will give this hostel 9.5 out of 10 since they dont offer free breakfast although almost all hostels in miami area do! in addition, most bikes are broken; so do not rely on those! btw, Diego is the man there! he truly cares about the guests!

A must stay! Great location and beautiful surroundings. One of the best hostels I've stayed in!

I stayed 2 places in ft.lauderdale and here. This one is completely different especially when compared to the other one if you look up for dorms like me. Facilities are great I like how I can have a bike to go around and they have beach stuffs for you like chairs and towels. When I got here it was completely different from what I thought it is beyond amazing. The other roomates are great and we had a nice convo. I would love to be here again.

Very good location if all you want to do is go to the beach. Otherwise not much else around. Not good for actual backpackers who do not have a car. Common area not very good more of a motel than a hostel.

Really good hostel. Only 2 mins from the beach! Lots of free stuff like bikes to rent. Rooms were good with A/C and small lockers. 2 very big and good bathroms in the dorm room. Nice chill out spots. Kitchen for use. WiFi is foods, but doesn't reach the dorms. Can get 1 bar outside of dorms, but best near reception.

The facility itself was pretty good, but there is nothing to do around there except the beach

• 25th Apr 2014

night staff super helpful, morning staff not so much.

EXCELLENT location! Literally only a short 1/2 block to the boardwalk. They have a great taco place attached to the hostel that has amazing shimp and mango tacos. Staff was great. The air conditioning was so good, almost too cold. Only complaint was that the beds are very shakey, and every movement from my bunk-mate below woke me up.

View all Fort Lauderdale Hostels