Hollywood Beach Hostel Reviews

320 Arizona Street, Fort Lauderdale, USA

Unfortunately I wasn't able to receive my 50 bucks back which you have to give them at the beginning. Nobody is answering my mails. The other part it looks kind of empty inside price is to high but location is amazing..

• 25th Sep 2014

Wouldn't describe it as a hostel as there were only two hostel dorms and not any communal space to meet new people. There were hidden charges which were annoying, like a $5 charge for staying in the resort and a $50 DEPOSIT! great location to the beach, not so much Fort Lauderdale and free bike rental, perfect for one or two nights, no more though when Miami is so close.

• 28th Aug 2014

Hollywood beach hostel is a great alternative to the craziness of SoBe. Downtown Hollywood (15 min walk) is a great small town to find bars and nightlife. The taco shack is truly a gem; helping keep costs down by offering gigantic $7 nachos that will suffice for two meals or feed 2 people easily. The bathrooms could be a little bit cleaner. The staff is very helpful!

Good location if you speak russian (all the neighborhood is russian!) Far from everything! You have to take buses to get everywhere. The place is ok,but for me too expensive for what you get. They want 50$deposit to stay in a dorm!!! They provide bikes but for a limited time.... they don't want you to go too far! If you can evitate.... go to south beach is much better!

More of a hotel with 2 dorm rooms than a hostel.Very close to the beach. Good place to relax would recommend more for groups than for single travelers.

Staff are very helpful, rooms are clean and dark so it's easy to get sleep. Plus the restaurant next door has the best tacos in the world.

Great hostel espessially the taco bar which had a happy hour from 10pm to 1 am with 1usd beers and 2usd margaritas. Dangerous and awesome at the same time

I was meant to be in a 10 bed room mixed dorm but was put in a 12 bed dorm. When I mentioned this to manager the following morning, she just said 'really, the websites wrong'. BE CAREFUL-they charge $5 and tax on top of the price, this doesn't show up until after booking (using the phone app). They charged the room to my card at 1pm (I arrived at 7ish) -bit of a liberty that they just decided to use my card details on system as I was to pay cash. There were boys underwear down side of my bed

Excellent location. Clean rooms. People complained about the 5$ resort fee, but just make use of the many things they have to offer. Take a bike and ride along the boardwalk. It's a great litlte hostel, highly recommend.

good location close to the beach!! and nice service

The dorm at the back of the house is very dark, damp. Will definitely stay in south beach next time, there's not a lot around there and if you don't have a car there is not much transport that runs frequently.

I really liked the hostel - it's one minute from the beach, and the atmosphere of the place is great. The staff are really nice as well. There's nothing really interesting nearby other than the beach, but I guess that's true for the whole city of Hollywood, Florida.

It was a very bad day, tropical storm all day. I hiked in in the rain soaked wet carrying a 30lb backpack soaked asked if I could stow it so I didn't have to carry out in the pouring rain but they had no compation and didn't want to be bothered until 3 at checkin time! Offered no suggestive help at all! Had a we don't care attitude. There credit card machine rejected my credit card. went elsewhere to dry out before getting sick!

• 2nd Jun 2014

Upon arrival we had bank issues which meant we needed to use the phone to resolve the issues. The staff were more than accommodating, allowing us to do this. Everything was fine about the hostel itself apart from know one is on site after 11pm therefore security is slack. We experienced this when some people who clearly hadn't paid for the hostel intruded during the night, which was easy from them at the hostel is split up into beach houses. Free bike and board rentals, good kitchen and washing.

Watch out for the amount they are charging you. They don't take off the deposit you have already paid online and play dumm when you approach them about this. I asked them if they took it off. The answer was yes, when i checked the receipt i found out that they didn't. It took me almost an hour with a very unfriendly receptionist who wasn't able to calculate at all. Come prepared and don't let them rip you off!

The hostel was a great stay. Amazing location, beautiful facility and very stylish, fairly helpful staff - I had a great time. Would recommend it to anybody looking for a cheap but decent stay near the beach in southern Florida, and will definitely come again. My only complaint is that I had to pay 5$ for a lock to my locker, and I realy think the hotel should have just had locks available for free. They told me they had lockers when I booked, but neglected to tell me they didnt come with locks!

• 26th May 2014

I changed from a dorm to a private room. It was a lovely hostel. Location is brilliant. Close to the beach. The free equipment they have is fantastic. Free hiring of bikes, beach chairs volleyballs etc. only downside is that there is no breakfast.

More of a hotel with dorms than a hostel. There is no real hostel vibe. The kitchen is lacking plates. The guy on reception (Diego i think) is really cool and friendly. This place is right by the beach, so fo that it is great, but you wont meet people much here.

if you are looking for a clean place that is close to the beach and not full of wild partiers, you should choose this place! it takes only 20 secs to go to the beach. the only downside is the lack of public transportation around. i will give this hostel 9.5 out of 10 since they dont offer free breakfast although almost all hostels in miami area do! in addition, most bikes are broken; so do not rely on those! btw, Diego is the man there! he truly cares about the guests!

A must stay! Great location and beautiful surroundings. One of the best hostels I've stayed in!

View all Fort Lauderdale Hostels