Hollywood Beach Hostel Reviews

334 Arizona Street, Fort Lauderdale, USA

Great Hostel, especially for a short stopover in Miami as it's really close to FLL. Bikes are really fun and handy for exploring. Good shower.

• 21st Mar 2015

Ok place to stay for a couple of nights. Nearby is some bars and restaurants and a cheap taco place is next to the hostel. Close to the beach. Not the clanest place that i have seen but not the worst either.

Great hostel! Beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. My only complaint is that there is not much space between the bottom and top bunks so if you're on the bottom you can't sit up in your bed.

I was at Hollywood Beach Hostel last year and liked it so much I came back this year. The new remodel and additions are exceptional!! the new outdoor area, kitchen new rooms and balcony are a very nice addition to this property. I love how close it is to the Broadwalk and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! I will definitely come back.

Hostel itself shares a ground with a hotel/motel style accommodations and a restaurant. Location is excellent, just about a minute from beach, close to bars, restaurants, and a couple convenient stores. They do charge $50 deposit and an additional night fee or whatnot. In general, this is not your typical hostel, and the clientele can be sketchy, which is a location factor, not the hostel itself. It does accommodate all sorts of people that like to spend time in a warm climate. The dorm was clea

Had a great time, very helpful staff. Also enjoyed the company of those who occupied the dormitory I was in

We were told on the website and the confirmation that our balance was $192.00 when we got there, we paid over $240.00, charged an additional $100.00 for "security" reason and were told that at the end of our visit it would be released back to us and it has yet to be applied to my bank account. if that wasn't bad enough we had to pay for parking $10.00 Very disappointing

• 30th Jan 2015

The hostel itself is decent. Good location, and clean. The staff however, are not. It's been almost two months and I haven't received my security deposit back yet. They don't deal in cash so it's easier for them to rip you off once you've left, and more difficult for you to claim it back. E-mail communication has proven to be futile. Beware if considering staying here.

• 19th Jan 2015

I rented a parking spot and once came back and they'd given it away. An employee moved for me. On my 4th night there, I came in and found all of my stuff removed from my bed and put on the floor. Apparently, they had moved me to a new bed without letting me know. I had to put sheets on my bed in the middle of the night and was not happy about it.

When I arrived late at night at the property, the staff couldn't give a damn about me and are just there to basically take your money. Everytime you ask for anything tips about the area where to eat, maps etc... You feel like you are asking an arm and a leg. They constantly Talk And gossip in Spanish about the guests. Aside from that the place is not bad pretty big, couple of blocks near the beach and just next to a taco bar.

Great locality helpful staff

The location is nice and the rooms where clean. But the hotel people where really unfriendly all the time and I felt like they had a bit of a security issue. I guess that's because you walk in your room from outside which means that basically everyone can walk around and can get right in front of your dorm door and the doors don't close good which means I found my door open a couple of times!

Dirty, sleezy and unsafe. Do not stay here.

• 22nd Dec 2014

The place as a whole was nice, really near the beach which makes it worth its value. I only stayed for one night in a 10 beds room but manged to make a couple of new friends (one of which a girl who knocked my door after midnight and thought I was an angel when she saw me) so the guests are generally friendly. There is a small locker (1'×1') in the room for your valuables but it dodoesn't fit much, so the security is a meh. Good common room but horrible wifi. Some of the rooms are mixed gender.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

ddorm was your typical overburdened maximized for profiit dorm, but the beds were clean and soft and the staff was friendly

The charges added were not as indicated on the HOSTELWORLD CONFIRMATION. also additions made They would not allow payment in cash and no receipt offered. The staff, apart from Pamela were most abrupt and unhelpful When I asked about the bicycles (supposedly free), nothing available. The shower was broken the room was crowded, smelly and dark with no air circulation. We had to vacate the kitchen (for cleaning) between 8-900am

Really nice clean hostel. Great outdoor space and right next to the beach. Dorms excellent and huge bathroom! Fabio at night reception was really friendly and awesome help! Definitely stay there again!

Awesome place; beautiful new kitchen; just a few feet from the beach. Unbelievable location and amazing building. There are a lot of (American) old people to staying there. Maybe that's just in the off-season, but there was unfortunalety no backpacker atmosphere and some of the old people were seemingly alcoholic. The travelers/foreigners were really nice though.

This place is Great ! -fantastic STAFF makes this a unforgettable stay for all - cleaned every morning, bright ,cheerful, accommodating , friendly , draws a diverse group of interesting people from all over the world. Ages ranged from 20 something to seasoned travelers , ..all with incredible travel venture stories to tell , and most courteous and cheerful ,..and to sweeten the pot more... wonderful TACO stand on the corner , with nightly specials ,live music events, and delightful atmosphere

Great For Price