Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

I stayed for 20 days at the Hollywood Youth International hostel, on my very first time in America. I got to meet a lot of people from all around the world, some pretty girls from Korea. The staff is just a bung of really cool people that do nothing but making your stay the way you expect it to be. Ibrahim, the night shift receptionist is a legitimate employee and a good person as well ! I really suggest this hostel

• 3rd Jun 2014

A good place to see hollywood, kitchen could do with updating, friendly and useful staff.

Location can't be beat-right off the boulevard&across the subway-makes traveling around LA easy. Events are planned regularly for guests to party & participate in. Staff is friendly and helpful. Bed/Bath clean, but average. No AC. WiFi is only is accessible downstairs. Community kitchen makes meal planning fairly easy. Building is very old-interior needs revamp-if the floors and paint were redone I think the place would have less of a "grungy" feel. You get your bang for your buck. :)

• 1st Jun 2014

So much fun!!!

Excellent location right on the walk of fame, clean, relaxed and comfortable.

• 27th May 2014

Dear future travelers looking for a place in LA, I strongly recommend this hostel. The atmosphere and staff is just AWESOME!!! I traveled to LA alone and at the end of the they I happened to hang out with 10 travelers from the hostel. The place is just in the heart of Hollywood boulevard and accessible to every place you want to. Devon, I would like to thank you one more time for your kind assistance during my stay!

• 23rd May 2014
  • Azerbaijan

You just have to know that the hollywood youth hostel is very well located close to the walk of fame, Rooms are ok and clean. no A/C so rooms are very hot at night. The satff were cool particulary Devon who was very kindly and friendly with all guest.. if you want to sleep forget it, music and party until 2 a.m

I really only stayed here as it was the cheapest. There seems to be lots of events taking place, though not sure if some of the walking tours if Hollywood actually happen, as the staff seem to be playing Fifa on the computer all day. They were mostly male staff and when they did put down their joysticks, they only seemed to speak to the prettier female guests, so I did feel a bit ignored. No one told me about the free breakfast when I checked in and as I result I missed it throughout my stay.

At first I was checked in by grumpy guy and his nice off sider, and thought, this will be a few days a boring place to be at, but then came Devan who was so sweet and totally helpful with all the guests, I was there for a good hour waiting for my phone to charge and saw him work all his charm with every type of guest. Well done. Lived ya work. Paint job to the place not really nice carpet probably needs ripping up, beds squeaky as hell but value for money, however would pay more if better.

This is a perfectly adequate hostel, you're not going to have some terrible experience here, but it's not excellent either. I wouldn't recommend staying during hot months as it is a concrete building with no air conditioning so it retains every bit of heat and some rooms don't have external windows. Staff are fine, but don't make a big effort to help you. It's clean. There is barely a kitchen, but laundry is fine.

If it's really hot in LA you better choose a hostel with AC because you will barely sleep in the night here

• 13th May 2014
  • Vietnam

I enjoyed my stay there! The staff are really helpfull and takes care of you.

• 12th May 2014
  • Sweden

Disliked: - Only 1 powerpoint + board in room - Have to pay to use lockers - Pillows some really thin - Adjustable shower rail not fixed, fell down on me mid shower - Shower was spraying from top and wet all our clothes in middle of bathroom - No free map of the area Loved: - Location! - Activities for guests

• 6th May 2014

some rooms are very hot, even at night

It was my first time to stay in hostel .It's very nice place.Staff was very friendly.It's located next to walk of fame and easily to go there.

The location is perfect opposite metro station, room in not much clean but bathroom and restroom is very clean and enough for guests Staffs is good but I got a problem from a girl staff at the day I check out, she count a money at the lobby when I tell her I want to check out, she told me to wait until she done. But I said I hurry to catch a bus to Las Vegas, she said have to wait...I wait 20 minutes and I missed the bus to Las Vegas, have to buy a new ticket...that was a bad experience I got

Fantastic location, friendly staff and good sized clean rooms.

• 16th Apr 2014

It's located in center of hollywood but there are a lot of voice because the room can't protect the voice from outside. The light in the room is not enough to see clearly. The faciities in pantry room arenot enough : no drinking water and no microwave.

superb location, right at the very heart of the hollywood boulevard. staff friendly and helpful; comfort guaranteed at affordable prices

A good welcoming. I have some doubts about security but we didn't have any trouble so it is not so bad. A lot of space in the rooms.