Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

The staff yelled at eachother in front of the guest, and it was very loud being on the side of the street. But it is literally across the street from the subway, which made getting around very easy.

easy to find, clean and well worth the money. staff are helpful, Devon and Bryan are great, and Donna is lovely.

The hostel is at a good location, They don't have breakfast and only a microwave. Free coffee and tea and we got during the oscars a free drink. It is clean, rooms are spacious and you show your key when you come in. Why is the staff very poor; I saw the female manager (greek) pushing one of her (i think) employees to the ground and they were shouting at eachother. Later the police came and everyone denied that she did that. You don't treat anyone like that! Especially around guests!

Great location, great value for your money. No kitchen but a lot of good restaurants nearby. Free coffee sucks but there is tee to. Shower is hot and cleaned daily. Staff is very friendly and helpfull. Had a very good stay!

top bunks are trickier to climb down from, there should be a gap along the safety bars above the ladder, to hang your legs to find a step on the ladder. otherwise if you miss the ladder and have to jump you might land on a shoe or a suitcase and get hurt and break things. in fact i think the designer of that bunk bed never slept in one! this situation inspired me to move to a lower bunk as soon as one became available, and fortunately i never witnessed an accident on the poorly designed bunkbeds

• 18th Feb 2014

I always enjoy staying at Hollywood Youth Hostel when I visit LA! The location is perfect, staff are friendly, down to earth and helpful, and the hostel overall is great value for money. Thanks guys, will definitely be back! :)

• 10th Feb 2014

This was a great hostel in a great location. Right on the Hollywood blvd! The staff were super helpful with all your questions and gave great advice. No breakfast provided was probably the only downer and that's not a huge deal. They could provide plates though for people to eat their meals off though if I were to suggest something .

• 3rd Feb 2014

Impression to be in a big factory, many many rooms... The view was not terrible : on a big parking with big lights... The staff was nice but asked me to wait ten minutes when I arrived : the guy wanted to finish his work before asking me anything. Bathroom is OK. Beds are OK but you have to pay if you want to use the lockers (should be included). No breafkast. Wifi so so.

Everything was great. Although the hostel is currently undergoing refurbishment, the work maintenance was discreet and during late hours. Management and stuff were extremely helpful and pleasant would definately recommend it to others and stay again

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Greece

Hostel was undergoing refurbishments when we stayed which was a bit annoying. The location was good but apart from that this hostel has nothing to recommend it. Bathrooms weren't that clean and there was no atmosphere. I wouldn't stay here again.

I really loved staying at this place! The staff were a load of fun and the location couldn't be better!

• 30th Dec 2013

The staff our arrival hardly spoke a word to us. They didn't smile or assist outside of giving us our keys and taking our payment. The noise level was deafeningly-loud from 10PM to 2AM both nights there. The floors were filthy in the room and hallway, as well. The location was the only redeeming quality.

I has kitchen but i did see they provide breakfast compared to other hostel I stayed. And the bathroom is not in the same floor of my room.

The guy at the reception was very unfriendly. Took him a long time to check me in at all.. Gave me hundred directions to get to my room (normally staff shows you to your room, explains a few things about the kitchen, laundry...) Didn't like the atmosphere either. They even forgot to give sheets! Even other Hostels in the same area tell you to avoid this Hostel - believe them! If they hadn't such a very good location, they probably wouldn't exist as a Hostel anymore? Good location - that's it.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Austria

Nice place

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Peru

It is a good hostel. You cannot be any closer to the Hollywood Boulevard, near the Dolby theatre or any movie premiere you would like to see. The only thing that I didn't like was that there were bugs in our room. So the cleanliness is not a strength of the hostel, but it only reflects the poor cleanliness of the whole city.

absolutely a very very good location.

This hostel has the best location ever, just in the walk of fame, in front of the chinese theaters, dolby theater and a metro station, that metro would take you to LA downtown, to Universal city etc... The place is nice and clean. Some people in the staff is not really friendly but they do their job. If you are looking for a place to get night activities don't go there, they have no activities. Overall it was a good experience.

Overall is a good hostel to stay since it's by the Hollywood Blvd and very close to the Metro. The facilities are just fine because they are redecorating the whole dorm so it's kind of messy and smelly during our stay. Their wifi and laundry are good but they don't have hair dryer provided. It is quite noisy at night that you can hear people screaming in the next door and it's too close to the main street.

Some glass in the bathroom window would be nice!