Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

Fantastic location, friendly staff and good sized clean rooms.

• 16th Apr 2014

It's located in center of hollywood but there are a lot of voice because the room can't protect the voice from outside. The light in the room is not enough to see clearly. The faciities in pantry room arenot enough : no drinking water and no microwave.

superb location, right at the very heart of the hollywood boulevard. staff friendly and helpful; comfort guaranteed at affordable prices

A good welcoming. I have some doubts about security but we didn't have any trouble so it is not so bad. A lot of space in the rooms.

I recommend reserving your spot online because despite being told over the phone that there was more than enough room, when I arrived hours later (at 2am from a delayed flight) there were suddenly no rooms. Despite that first night bump, I reserved online and had no issues. They even allowed me to use a locker early in the morning despite not checking in until later in the day. The staff was helpful and honestly, for $25 a night--I'm thrilled!!! Right on Hollywood Blvd? Amazing value!!

• 17th Mar 2014

Really awesome location and the staff were cool. It wasn't the cleanest or nicest place in the world but for the price, I wouldn't expect it to be. Would stay there again.

The staff yelled at eachother in front of the guest, and it was very loud being on the side of the street. But it is literally across the street from the subway, which made getting around very easy.

easy to find, clean and well worth the money. staff are helpful, Devon and Bryan are great, and Donna is lovely.

The hostel is at a good location, They don't have breakfast and only a microwave. Free coffee and tea and we got during the oscars a free drink. It is clean, rooms are spacious and you show your key when you come in. Why is the staff very poor; I saw the female manager (greek) pushing one of her (i think) employees to the ground and they were shouting at eachother. Later the police came and everyone denied that she did that. You don't treat anyone like that! Especially around guests!

Great location, great value for your money. No kitchen but a lot of good restaurants nearby. Free coffee sucks but there is tee to. Shower is hot and cleaned daily. Staff is very friendly and helpfull. Had a very good stay!

top bunks are trickier to climb down from, there should be a gap along the safety bars above the ladder, to hang your legs to find a step on the ladder. otherwise if you miss the ladder and have to jump you might land on a shoe or a suitcase and get hurt and break things. in fact i think the designer of that bunk bed never slept in one! this situation inspired me to move to a lower bunk as soon as one became available, and fortunately i never witnessed an accident on the poorly designed bunkbeds

• 18th Feb 2014

I always enjoy staying at Hollywood Youth Hostel when I visit LA! The location is perfect, staff are friendly, down to earth and helpful, and the hostel overall is great value for money. Thanks guys, will definitely be back! :)

• 10th Feb 2014

This was a great hostel in a great location. Right on the Hollywood blvd! The staff were super helpful with all your questions and gave great advice. No breakfast provided was probably the only downer and that's not a huge deal. They could provide plates though for people to eat their meals off though if I were to suggest something .

• 3rd Feb 2014

Impression to be in a big factory, many many rooms... The view was not terrible : on a big parking with big lights... The staff was nice but asked me to wait ten minutes when I arrived : the guy wanted to finish his work before asking me anything. Bathroom is OK. Beds are OK but you have to pay if you want to use the lockers (should be included). No breafkast. Wifi so so.

Everything was great. Although the hostel is currently undergoing refurbishment, the work maintenance was discreet and during late hours. Management and stuff were extremely helpful and pleasant would definately recommend it to others and stay again

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Greece

Hostel was undergoing refurbishments when we stayed which was a bit annoying. The location was good but apart from that this hostel has nothing to recommend it. Bathrooms weren't that clean and there was no atmosphere. I wouldn't stay here again.

I really loved staying at this place! The staff were a load of fun and the location couldn't be better!

• 30th Dec 2013

The staff our arrival hardly spoke a word to us. They didn't smile or assist outside of giving us our keys and taking our payment. The noise level was deafeningly-loud from 10PM to 2AM both nights there. The floors were filthy in the room and hallway, as well. The location was the only redeeming quality.

I has kitchen but i did see they provide breakfast compared to other hostel I stayed. And the bathroom is not in the same floor of my room.

The guy at the reception was very unfriendly. Took him a long time to check me in at all.. Gave me hundred directions to get to my room (normally staff shows you to your room, explains a few things about the kitchen, laundry...) Didn't like the atmosphere either. They even forgot to give sheets! Even other Hostels in the same area tell you to avoid this Hostel - believe them! If they hadn't such a very good location, they probably wouldn't exist as a Hostel anymore? Good location - that's it.

• 23rd Dec 2013