Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA

Super nice staff and place if you're young and looking for fun.

• 23rd Aug 2013
  • Sweden

Staff at reception weren't interested in helping. Also, They Told me it would take 30 minutes to santa monica beach by bus. It took me 1.5 hrs. Told me it would take 10 minutes to walk from santa monica beach to venice beach. It took much longer. I had some insect bites from sleeping there. Another girl in my room also had them. No other travelers I spoke to had any bites of any kind. They neglected to say in their directions how long it would take to get there by train. It took 1.5hrs!

A dump of the highest order. Don't waste your time or money.

Great location and cleanliness!!!

Location. That's it. Although it's very dirty! The carpet is nasty and smelly, the rooms not seem to be cleaned and the linens not seem to be washed! I spent 3 nights there, and one night I found someone else sleeping in my bed! I found my hoodie in another bed and my socks disappeared! They moved the girl to another room, but it was a terrible experience! The girls used to do not lock the door, and a guy came in the room in the middle of the night! I don't recommend or stay here again!

• 20th Aug 2013

Cons: Staff aren't the brightest bunch of people, literally anyone can walk in off the street, not clean, no free breakfast like every other hostel I have stayed in, facilities are run down Pros: Good atmosphere - hostel parties put on every couple of nights which were fun but a bit of a sausage fest. Awesome location and I mean the best location for the price of the place - right on Hollywood Blvd!

Great location, and i like the atmospheres, party, free rum ...

It seemed to be so many bed bugs.I was bit a lot!!! I felt still itchy... I strongly suggest that you avoid this hostel. In the night, so noisy!! I could not sleep well!

• 17th Aug 2013
  • Japan

Location was amazing, Staff was friendly and helpful. The showers and washing machines/dryers weren't great.

I had the best time ever in this hostel, It's in the best location in hollywood, in front of walk of fame, metro station and bunch of bus stops, the double theather it's rigth in front of this and the chinese theather too! all morning my bad was done, they have lokers that you can use to safety put your luggage and all morning they have free coffee.. the shower is perfeeeeeeect! they have loundry room,.. love it love it love it

• 10th Aug 2013

Perfectly adequate for a few nights stay, but not the cleanest, most comfortable hostel I've ever stayed at. The toilets and floors were not very clean, and things like no toilet paper, soap or hand towels meant that it felt unhygienic. One of the staff members was also unfriendly (but the others I encountered were quite nice, so that may not be a reflection of the company). However, it had all the facilities of most hostels, and I felt perfectly safe and happy to stay there for a few nights.

• 6th Aug 2013

Everything went as expected! The showers had luxuriously hot water. My only complaint was having to pay $15 per-night parking across the (LA-traffic-infested) street. Although I should note that I had my road bike u-locked to my car, and it was still there the next morning; so I suppose the parking lot is quite safe.

• 5th Aug 2013

The location was excellent.however the bed sheets and bedrooms were in an appalling state.bitten several times throughout the night.cleanliness was also poor and the whole building needs refreshing.

• 5th Aug 2013

It was a great location if that's what you're looking for. Nothing special and good if all you're looking for is a safe place with great location and not too much money. It was not a typical hostel feeling but nothing bad. Just pretty much beds with a shared bathroom for somewhere to sleep and keep your luggage when you're seeing LA.

If you wanna stay in hollywood you just cant get better location-right in front of the dolby thetre! The staff was extremely nice and helpfull, you can get a ride to the bus stop/airport etc if you need one (of course they charge for that but not as much as a cab) and there were many cool people there to chill with. Theonly thing I didnt like was the wifi-it barely worked so whenever I had to use internet I had to go to starbucks

This hostel was in a perfect location! Staff were nice!! Lockers were available however only 3 lockers in a dorm for 6 people! Noisy at night time but that didnt bother us! If your looking for a queit stay maybe choose a different hostel!! :)

• 4th Aug 2013

People that work there are nice and they help when you need, but the place is very dirty no security and no breakfast

• 1st Aug 2013

Although location is perfect, nothing else met my expectations. On arrival I was checked in by an absolutely unprofessional person who (forgot?) to even give me bed sheets and a towel (was it even provided?) the pillows on the beds are extremely uncomfortable and low. Very loud noise and not very clean room

• 31st Jul 2013

It is a very cheap and well located hostel: just in the midle of Hollywood Bv. So it is great to spend one or two nights and visit that area. It is interesting because you can arrive there from union Station by metro (what is really strange in LA). From that part of the city you can take a bus to go to Santa Mónica Beach (it will take 1 hour). The staff seem to be bored or smoked... but no too bad. The stay Was ok.

Good stay. Staff weren't that enthusiastic. Apart that was good. Good common room and place to meet other travellers