Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

Awsome location, awsome staff.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Only stayed one night because I couldn't stay at my friends. The location is great! Located on hollywood blvd. within walking distance to all the main attractions in that area: Chinese Theater, hollywood stars, entertainment shows etc.

Congrastulation, the best!

• 29th Sep 2014
  • zatomm6404

Perfect address

the Hollywood Youth is the best place to stay when you want to get to know the real Hollywood. the location is incomparable. It has walking distance to all the amazing attractions. I had an unforgettable time there and I always came back to stay a little longer. The staff was very polite and always helpful.

• 27th Sep 2014

It's an awesome location. I feel safe even though I arrived at night due to the opposite subway station. Staff are kind except one old man who was in angry mode. Bathroom sometimes clean sometimes not. Over all, it's value the money you spend for.

This hostel just have 1 positive point : LOCATION ! It's the worst and most dirty hostel tha I stayed already , Dirty Rooms ,Poor kitchen ,Disgusting and dirty Bathroom ( with a bad smell) . This "hostel" don't have air conditioned ,and if you take a room with more than 2 or 3 double bad , You'll have to " FIGHT" by a fan ,in the summer is so dificult to sleep and if you take a the bed on top , forget the fan wind !!! To keep your bag or Luggage ,you'll have to pay for it !unprepared staff

Very nice place for the night

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Ecuador

For what you pay this place is alright. The location is the best part going for it, right outside the main Hollywood Blvd attractions, as well as the metro and buses that will take you everywhere else you need to go. The hostel itself was fairly average. Not bad, but nothing noteworthy that ill remember it for. I you're staying in LA for a few days then stay here

You get what you pay for. Location is great, staffs are okay but not pro-active. And no elevator. I was lucky someone else help me carry my luggage up the long staircase.

Super convenience location! The hostel is located right in front of Hollywood / Highland station. The atmosphere is a little bit sketchy, lots noise coming from street performers and it continues till late night. But good for anyone who like to party or have fun.

Thank you guys, was a great everything.

Worst hostel ever!!! Very unfriendly staff. At check-in the girl was hiding like 5 minutes behind the front desk and suddenly appeared and thought it was funny. Unprofessional!! You have to pay a 10$ key deposit instead of 5$ as mentioned. Other guest were checking in at 3 am, behaving really disrespectful and loudly. The bathrooms and especially showers could be much cleaner. The water couldn't flow off. Rooms aren't cleaned daily, bottoom sheets not changed. It's incredibly loud at night!

Very dirty hostel. The bathrooms have no door and no proper exhaust, the whole hostel literally smells. It was so hot in my room, that I basically had fever all night and had to take a cold shower to get my body temperature down. When I arrived, the first thing I saw was the cops. If you read through the other comments and think 'how bad can it be?', let me tell you: really bad! It was a horrible experience and I would never go there again.

This hostel is really good, all staff members are nice and is really well located (in the middle of the walk of fame and in front of the red line and Hard Rock Cafe, wax museum and many other atractions). The only thing to improve maybe if to put air conditioners in the room because it gets really hot at night. Everything else is perfect. Thanks for giving me and my friend such great nights there!!

The location is simply awesome ..can't get any better. The staff was friendly & helpful. Its definitely worth the money. My room was basic but had great views of the Hollywood Boulevard. There's non-stop action going down on the street ..which bothered some at night, but didn't mind me at all. The cons are that there's no air conditioning & no Breakfast. Would definitely come back again!

the location is good, but adding up all the rest gives you a true dissapointment. the rooms have no ventilation what so ever and only one fan for six people that is in place that not all can feel it. all the hostel is dark and with carpet giving it a dirty and hot look, the art on the walls is terrible and the lockers for the backpacks have an extra charge! the bathrooms feel like they are going to rape you and in the showers doesn t have a shelf for your stuff so you have to get out naked.

Staff were average. They obviously didn't enjoy their job. The location on Hollywood Blvd was good. It was so hot during the night I had to sleep on the floor because the top bunk was too hot. Keeping it mind it was only 30℃ during the day...

Location is great, everything close bye, and it's cheap! Don't expect anything more! The lady behind me didn't get her key deposit cause she was 3 minutes after checkout time! Lucky me! Ridiculous! Rooms are super hot, you gonna sweat your ass off! Lockers in the room didn't work, well, one for 6 people did! Again, it's cheap, you get what you pay for! Compared to the hostel costs I would probably stay again, for moneys sake!

Absolutely fantastic location. Security was a little relaxed, the main front door was open during the day straight onto Hollywood Blvd and room doors didn't automatically lock. Staff could be helpful or the complete opposite depending who you got. The hostel was clean, had character and good wifi but no AirCon, try to avoid a heatwave!