Hollywood and Highland Hostel and Hotel Reviews

70381/2 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

We have spent three weeks traveling in 4 states and staying in many different places. But this one is definitely the worst ever. I regret that we decided to take this one in order to have a good location. Much better option is to stay in some other areas in the city and then just come to this boulevard just for a short. Even though there was a breakfast included, everything in that kitchen looked disgusting, so we left to have breakfast somewhere else.

Honestly as 2 chicks traveling together we were little creeped out by the staff. There were a lot of inappropriate comments to the both of us which made us feel uncomfortable. On a positive note it is in a fantastic location, rooms need aircon!

Rooms are really small, bathroom dirty, but the location is excellent.

IT was THERE, right on the Hollywood Bvd.When I first saw the entrance, I felt something was really wrong.I left my wife in the car and took my friend who drowe us to LA, inside to check. The steps up to 2'nd floor looked like something from the red lite distrikt with it's red old carpet. When manager would have cash right away, I asked him to show us the room. The room was hot as hell, dirty underwear everywhere on the floor, messy bed and a dirty towel over a clean bed. NEvER AGAIN.

By far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Booked a 6 man dorm, we were put in a cramped 8 man dorm. The heat was horrendous. We had booked an ensuite, and while there was an ensuite attached to our rooom, it was shared with the entire hostel as we later discovered there were only two working showers in the entire place. Above and beyond a disgrace, we would not recommend this kip to our worst enemies. While the location is excellent, this place is expensive for what you get.

• 2nd Aug 2014