Hollywood and Highland Hostel and Hotel

Good 691 Total Reviews

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
14th May 2017
2.9

Worst hostel experience I've ever had. The rooms are extremely dirty, no bed bug barrier on the mattress, blankets are visibly filthy, "patio" was tiny & run down. Housekeeping was a joke: 1 kid w/ a broom. Only 1 outlet per room, kitchen was gross/no utilities, door to hostel is wide open all day & into the night--not safe on Hollywood blvd. Only redeeming quality were two of the managers NOT including the owner, who was passive aggressive & made us uncomfortable. Don't ever stay here.

13th May 2017
7.7

Pros: 1. The staff is friendly 2. Location is amazing. The metro station is quite close by as well. 3. The information is provided well for tourism purposes. Cons: 1. There are no keys/locks they provide for lockers 2. The beds are extremely shakey and seem unstable. 3. The bathrooms don't have sprinklers

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
12th May 2017
4.9

It was very worn and not particularly clean, especially for the price. The only good thing was the location. The atmosphere wasn't great and the staff were all quite odd and made us feel a little awkward. We got a couple of loud knocks on the door at midnight which woke us all up, and then a staff member unlocked the door and let in another guest. this was a lengthy and loud process where it didn't need to be.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
10th May 2017
5.1

The location is great. It's right on the walk of fame and a 2 minutes walk to the next train station. Unfortunately this is the only advantage of this hostel. The staff as well as the facilities and the overall cleanliness of the hostel needs improvement. Next time I will definitely choose a different hostel.

• USA, Female, 25-30
5th May 2017
5.7

Great location, but not what I expected. The pictures that are on the website are definitely dated. The bedrooms were tiny & crammed & the bunkbeds were old & wobbly. The beds made so much noise at night & moved around so it was a hard to get some good rest. I forget the woman's name who checked me in (might've been Christine), but she was so nice, welcoming, & informative. The manager however made me feel uncomfortable my second night staying.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
4th May 2017
8.0

I spent 5 nights here with a friend. We were upgraded from an 8 to a 4 bed dorm. Staff who greeted us were friendly and all other staff seemed fine. The room was fine, and while it had a slight musk it was easily forgettable after a night there. The beds do creek but using ear plugs I never had a problem. However, the top person moving does shake the bed. Everything was clean throughout. The breakfast was basic but enough to get you through a few hours in the morning and omlets were made once.

1st May 2017
3.7

It's pretty dirty. It's where you stay if you have no money. And that's really the only reason. The staff asked like they don't want to be there. Both the black guys who work the front desk were rude. The Asian lady was really nice and so was the southern guy. Not a place to hang out really. They have more rules than amenities. The staff works downstairs at the convenient store and also in the hospital so half the time they weren't even there. I will say the location is great for Hollywood.

• USA, Male, 31-40
29th Apr 2017
2.0

The manager tried extorting me for cash. Despite my having given my credit card online. Said he couldnt find my reservation despite my name being on the paper right on his desk. I was unable to stay and was without login during my trip. I would like a full refund of all charges.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
28th Apr 2017

the location was great and i still had a good time

• Germany, Female, 25-30
27th Apr 2017
5.7

The rooms smelled, everyone could basically walk into the hostel and there were hardly any/no plugs in the rooms to charge your phone. Perfect location, but I wouldn't stay longer than one night.