Hollywood and Highland Hostel and Hotel

Very Good 633 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2017
5.7

I have been to a lot of Hostels in my life, but this one was by far the worst! It was clean, and in a great location, but our room was tiny and smelly, they should update their air conditioning system! The window was closed but it was still loud. The bed was horrible, mine was shaking every time i moved, as if about to collapse, plus no barriers on the top bed, you could just fall off! The whole hostel is completely outdated and needs renovation desperately! We didnt feel welcome at all!

21st Mar 2017

In general, really good. Just be aware that they don't give towels, but you can buy them for $3.

• Egypt, Female, 31-40
18th Mar 2017

The place is so convenient and just in the middle of the walk of fame. It is a walk distance from bus stops and metro station so you can visit downtown LA and beaches so easily. It is not a fancy place but suitable and safe for just sleep since we spent most of the day hanging out. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Moreover, the price is so reasonable which is important for international students like me whose budget is limited. I enjoyed it and I would recommend it

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
18th Mar 2017
7.7

The hostel is in a good location. We stayed one night at the Banana and Bungalo hostel and this one was better(Hollywood and highlands) But we had an issue with one of the managers because he was really rude to us when we checked out. Started yelling and being dissrispectfull because we couldn't understand what he was saying since he had rap music on So loud we couldn't hear him . We just wanted our key deposit back and he even asked my friend to leave for no reason at all.

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Mar 2017
3.7

Honestly, this place was grimy and uncomfortable compared to the other hostels I stayed at in the area. I really didn't feel comfortable at all here. The amount of money spent on a night here could easily go to a hostel that's much nicer and cleaner...

• England, Male, 25-30
1st Mar 2017
6.6

The girl with the greeny blue hair was very mysterious, what is she hiding behind those sunglasses? Wish I asked for her name and number.

25th Feb 2017
6.3

Honestly this hostel felt a bit uncomfortable. Not the worst hostel I have stayed but certainly not the best. Walk of fame on the same street was a better experience. My friend and I both felt a little uneasy when we were reminded a half hour before to turn in our keys and check out. To be fair we did get good advise by the staff when we arrived at the hostel. I recommend this hostel mostly if you plan on just going in and out since the location is great.

• chlloemorris
  • England, Female, 18-24
24th Feb 2017
3.1

We wish we had stayed in the walk of fame hostel down the road! This was so unclean, you get old blankets instead of actual bedsheets, the bunkbeds are woeful they are just tiny and dainty, designed for young kids not 20+ year olds, some members of staff are nice but some are really unnecessarily rude & unhelpful, just really weird vibes there, no security and really dodgy lock on front door which means people struggle to get in & have to ring the doorbell waking everyone up in the meantime.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
10th Feb 2017
5.7

Excellent location right on Hollywood Boulevard. Some of the staff were lovely, most evidently pretty unhappy to be there. Which makes sense because I've never known a manager to be so verbally abusive to staff in my life. Swearing and yelling over tiny little things, right in earshot of the guests. The beds were really squeaky and shaky and the breakfast wasn't great. Some of the sheets seemed newer, the ones I got were pretty gross. Rooms were spacious enough. Lockers outside the rooms.

• Italy, Male, 18-24
5th Feb 2017

Amazing time and fantastic staff