Home #12 Reviews

Leonidze St. 12, Tbilisi, Georgia

Pros: Really neat decor very warm rooms Kind staff great location everything was clean GREAT value for the money easy to find Cons: Staff is frequently not at the hostel, which can make things difficult sometimes (however, we were there during the holidays) showers weren't very warm at all I'd stay here again, but probably not if it was during a holiday.

• 6th Jan 2016

We had a very nice stay at home 12. Pros: Nice Decor Great Value Very good location Friendl staff Cons: Not the hottest water ever for showering Staff was often not around (however, we were there during a holiday) I'd stay here again if I traveled to Tbilisi for sure. Thanks!

Perfect locaton. Very nice and stylish vintage design. Friendly staff. I totally recommend this place.

The night I came I got really cold, cause no one was at the hostel (though the description contains "24-hour reception"). Conditioner wasn't working properly, and there weren't blankets or any other cover). The room itself was open (as well as the hostel as a whole), so I could at least lie in bed (and I appreciate this). Also there were only one little towel (and my hair is near 1 meter long, so that was uncomfortable), and when I checked that out, staff girl was already gone. :(

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Russia

Home #1 in whole Georgia! Amazing place with friendly atmosphere. Booked the place for 3 nights, ended up staying a week. The only disadvantage is too difficult to leave this place :)

If you like sleeping on springs this hostel can provide you with that! Don't know if the decor was retro or just hadn't been decorated for a while. But good location and generally a pleasant place. Close to the subway station.

The staff were very nice and friendly, and happy to help.

• 24th Oct 2015

Awesome hostel, staff was friendly and re facilities were clean and nice.

• 23rd Oct 2015

Excellent réception staff.They let to leave baggage till you go, free coffee and tea, you can wash up clothes for free, etc.If I come back I'd go to here with no hesitation.

I had a great time at the hostel, my only complaint was that the hostel was freezing! I enjoyed everything else except they didn't have adequate heat anywhere in the hostel. Even if they had just any blankets other than flimsy fleece ones, if would have been fine. Other than that it was great, someone stayed in a private room with a dog and left it there while they went around town for the night and the dog barked solid. Don't know why they would even allow that. Very annoying and strange.

this hostel is overrated. it's nice, but it's overrated. there were no hooks (or hangers) in the bedroom. no flat sheets were provided to shield you from the (very thin) blanket they give you. four requests to address a clogged shower drain went unanswered (ergo the 'average' rating for the staff who were otherwise lovely). that said, it is quiet. it is clean. it is well situated. and the pillows were outstanding. it is a good value for your money. and they have a 1pm checkout time!

The hostel had a very nice atmosphere and good location. Staff was helpful, but in the mornings there was a gap between shifts and there was noone at the reception. The bunk beds were very squicky so it was hard to move without making a lot of noise. But on the whole a very nice experience.

Great place, atmosphere and location! Very friendly staff... (Not the most comfortable beds, and very thin covers) Enjoyed my stay very much, and would highly recommend to friends...

• 11th Oct 2015

It is a really cozy place to stay.

It was a little strange to arrive to a dark hallway, which I am still perplexed by? keeping an extra low profile I guess. Find the front door with little sign, walk in and wait for motion sensor lights to turn on, go up two flights of stairs, follow signs and painted foot prints. I like the old timely feel of the place, all of the receptionists were very helpful! One of the shower heads didn't have a holder and was a mostly cold shower.. the top beds of the bunks are super squeaky and chilly..

Great location and very nice atmosphere. Pity, that there was no possibility to pay by card, and there were some problems with hot water. Anyway I recommend staying at Home #12 :)

The location is really good. And the staff is helpful. I liked it.

Nice laydback hostel. Cool retro-design. Lot of space in the dorms. Nice staff.

Just to let you know that the staff is awesome. Thumbs up for Sophie ;)

Defiantly scored top marks in Cleanliness, Staff and Location. But - The matrasses in the 10 person dorm were extremely unfomfortable, with the springs really poking at you all night no matter how you lie down and several were missing 2 or 3 planks beneath the matrass (I had to 'borrow' 2 planks from the bunk on top of me to prevent me from falling to the floor). Atmosphere wasn't as electric as the other reviews said it was. Kitchen is miniscule. Wifi is good. Showers are good.