Home Backpackers Reviews

238 Elizabeth St, Sydney, Australia

Windows were not isolating from the cold weather outside.

It would have been nice if the website had said that no blankets or towels were provided because it was a cold night and a hot shower would have been appreciated. My partner used the sheet provided to dry himself in the morning after his shower.

Although I was able to get a free room upgrade, there was no pillow in the room. At check in I wasn't told that there are no blankets or towels in the room and you have to hire one, or that you need the coupon from reception to access the free WiFi. There was no toilet paper or soap in the toilet I went into.

• 28th May 2014

Decent location, pretty chilled out hostel

Pros: cheap, good location - 5 mins to Central Station & 15 to Pitt St Mall. Was able to change my booking two days before. Cons: Extremely stuffy in the rooms. Fans got unplugged so that people could use the powerpoints. Locker handles broken. Door to the room didn't actually lock unless you manually turned the switch before leaving - don't think anyone did this. Not many toilets/showers. Generally unclean. No sign of the included breakfast. Mattress springs v. uncomfortable. Wifi didn't work!

Worst hostel I've ever been to in my entire life.

• 17th Feb 2014

Room was like an oven and very small for having 8 beds. Not the cleanest of places. Good Location though