Home Backpackers Reviews

238 Elizabeth St, Sydney, Australia

The staff were so friendly and went out of their way for us when we had to check in at 1.30am. Couldn't be more grateful. (thanks Sophie and Lucy!!)

• 8th Aug 2015

Cheery, helpful staff and really handy location next to central station. They really need to provide duvets in winter - the thin blanket I got was not much help! Filthy kitchen when I arrived in the evening but staff obviously cleaned it well as it was spotless in the morning, shame people can't clean up after themselves.

Thanks for your review. Sydney is extremely cold at the moment and we have recently purchased more blankets to try and rememdy this issue. If you had of let the staff know we could have moved you to another room or provided some extra blankets. I am sorry that the kitchen was messy on your arrival. We have cleans through the day and evening to try and stem this issue, but on occasion the messy guests win! We hope that you enjoy the rest of your travels!

we have problems with this accommodation; the room wasn't as showed in your website fotos, it was cold and unclean (there were insects) . The only positive aspect is the central position of the ostel.

• 18th Jun 2015

I only spent one night here, but the room was very basic compared to other hostels I had stayed in and I paid way more!

the hostel is overall alright. nothing is too bad. the location is just perfect. it has wifi. Staff was generally polite and nice. However I found the place a bit dirty and atmosphere is poor. Nothing is done for the customers to get together or to have fun. Mostly working visa guys are staying there for a while.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback with regards to the hostel and your stay. I am concerned that you found the hostel dirty. We have a cleaning team that work in the morning, the kitchen and shared facilities are checked through the day and we have evening cleans of the communal areas. We have events through the week and i am sorry that you weren't informed about these. Highlights are the free pizza on a thurs and the pancakes on sat and sunday morning! always gets everyone together!