Home Backpackers Reviews

Plaza Vicente Iborra s/n, Valencia, Spain

Average hostel. I had a good stay mainly due to the great atmosphere and awesome people staying there. Hostel facilities are not up to par with standards in Spain, only three outlets in a room for 8, a girl using the provided hair dryer blew the electricity for the entire floor, my locker was extremely difficult to open, etc. Also bathrooms were sometimes disgusting and showers didn't have hot water. Staff gave us wrong directions multiple times and one guy who works there is honestly quite rude

The quality if the hostel made out trip! Such a lovely place and the staff are great! Would definitely stay there again. Thank you!

Home Backpackers provided a true backpackers experience! There was a great atmosphere, mainly centering around the kitchen, to meet people. Upon arrival the staff gave us a map explaining all the must-see places and the best ways to get there. The free tour was absolutely amazing and the tour guides are very funny! . My complaints: our door wouldn't lock properly half the time, the hostel's location is slightly hard to figure out, and the bathrooms had a strange odor to it even after cleanings.

Great hostel, the only problem that didnt bother me that much was that i couldnt have access to internet on my room, all the rest was perfect.

• 14th Apr 2014

A brilliant place. It's located in the old part of town near a nice little square of bars, and not too far from the cathedral and a couple of metro stations so it's easy to get around and see what you want. Staff were incredibly helpful, especially with a problem with the reservation was handled kindly and effectively by them. Each floor has a unisex bathroom with showers which is maintained to a high standard. Would stay here again if I had the chance to in future.

Home Backpackers is a very nice hostel. During my regular visits to Valencia, I always prefer stay in this youth hostel. However, if I would be in charge, I would put more than just one computer in the common area. Make sure you shower first. After big groups have taken the shower, the water gets cold. It is also a pitty they charge you € 0,50 to print just one copy of your boarding pass. In general, this are DETAILS. The hostel is very nice, clean, friendly and has a good atmosphere.

Excellent hostel in a great location, surrounded by pubs and the best of Valencia's nightlife. Great place to meet new people, and the staff was cool and always ready to help you.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

My friend and I had a great stay in Home Backpackers. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the location is near the center and next to many bars, the bathrooms and rooms were clean! So.... I really recommend this hostel!!!

Good hostel in a great location, with great staff. Thanks to Javier for the excellent walking tour.

Very nice staff and big meeting kitchen, would go there again!

We were in Valencia two nights. Staff very helpful but the hostel was pretty dead as it was mid-week and after Las Fallas. The roof terrace is closed which is a real shame as that is why we booked home backpackers over another hostel.

My stay at Home was excellent, my room was on the first floor and the beds were comfy. A bit of a miss is the fact that there is a nice common room on the ground floor, but no toilets. I had good experiences with the staff, also the free tour was a great experience, I hope he recovered from our tour ;) Location is good in the old town, which is initially hard to navigate, but once you've been out and about for a bit you can easily find it back. Confusing is the other hostel named "home" in town.

Very nice place with wonderful, helpful staff. The only problem I had was that my check-in was delayed a few hours due to many guests checking out after a festival, but they gave me a nice breakfast to make up for it. Would definitely return!

I stayed here during the last night Las Fallas and the evening after. Everything was great, but the terrace was not open and the wifi connection didn't work in the rooms. I'm not sure if it was because of Fallas, but there weren't really any organized activities so it was difficult for solo travellers to meet others.

• 19th Mar 2014

The staff was amazing and I was there for Las Fallas so no complaints!!

I stayed in the Home Backpackers Hostel for four nights and I would definetly recommend it. It is very close to the city centre in a nice area. This hostel has a kitchen and two supermarkets are near by, what makes your stay a lot cheaper and what gets you to know a lot of other people as the kitchen is the place where everyone comes together. The staff is great, they help you with everything, give you advices where to go in the city and they are all very friendly and open to the travellers.