Home Backpackers Reviews

Plaza Vicente Iborra s/n, Valencia, Spain

Home backpackers hostel was a good experience. It was clean and in a really cool area of the city. The only things I didn't love was the wifi wasn't the strongest, and I would consider the atmosphere there as just "okay." The common areas are kind of boring so it is more difficult to meet other travelers in the hostel. Since I'm traveling alone, that's one of the most important qualities for me. Might check out a different hostel if I go back to Valencia.

I was there during Las Fallas and had a great time! The staff were wonderful and the rooms aswell. A bit steep price, but that`s probably due to fallas. The cold showers were unfortunate, but I guess that`s hard to avoid when everyone at a full hostel tries to shower at the same time.

Amazing place to stay in Valencia! Location is really good as you can reach main monuments within short walking distance. Staff is friendly, always there for you to help and give recommendations. Huge kitchen with good facilities, clean rooms and bathrooms. Enjoyable stay, would definitely come back here during another trip! Highly recommended and huge thanks to Carlos for a warm welcome!

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Lithuania

The location is great! Is the really centre of Valencia, there is a really nice restaurant and bar in fron of the Hostel. For a couple of days it's perfect, the only thing is that the for our entire stay there wasn't hot water for taking a shower, and it was pretty cold in Valencia this days, so a cold shower wasn't so nice.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Poland

I cannot even begin to compliment the customer service in this hotel. We went during Fallas, which meant there was a special payment arrangement which I was not aware of. Carlos the manager made every attempt to accommodate us (we were a large group of 10 students) and was patient and helpful. The hotel is a perfect location, good facilities- particularly the kitchen- and the wifi works well. The ONLY downside would be the windows are super thin and noise insulation is pretty poor.

• 13th Mar 2015

Great atmosphere and staff. Came on the day of Arabian night and the meal was delicious and cheap too! Kudos to the staff that made it. The location is minutes from the market and easily accessible to everything in the city. Would definitely come back.

I spent 3 nights in Home Backpackers and it probably was the best thing I could have done. The staff ist very friendly and helpful, the beds are clean and comfortable, the bathrooms as well. The location of the hostel is just perfect: it's in the historical centre of Valencia, very close to all of the most important monuments of the city and only 10-15mins by foot from the main bus terminal. They also organise a great walking tour, where you can meet a lot of other young travellers as well.

The staff were very helpful and informative, and it was reasonably priced and I will visit again, for I didn't really stay as long as I would of liked. the facilities were great.

Very helpful staff

I've spent two amazing days in home backpackers hostel. The location is perfect, you can easily visit Valencia and enjoy the night life. Everything is cleaned and the huge kitchen is always a good place to meet new friends. The staff is friendly and willing to help, special thanks to Carlos and Lucia, hope to see you again guys. I recommend home backpackers hostel ;)

• 7th Mar 2015

I can't complain about anything regarding this hostel. The staff was very very friendly and definitely helped enhance my weekend in Valencia. The price was unbeatable and the location was superb, right in the city center, and there were tons of clean bathrooms with plenty of hot water for showers. Special shoutout to the staff members Daniela, Sara and Yanice!

Thank you for a wonderful three nights in Valencia! The location could not have been better, as it was only a short walk to most of the city's major attractions, including the cathedral. Everything was very clean and the staff were helpful--they had many good recommendations for places to eat and things to do in Valencia. If you are a bit unsure of the signage on the restrooms: they are unisex. But don't worry, because the shower/toilet stalls are completely private.

Home Backpackers was a great hostel. The location was in the Carmona neighborhood and was no more than a 5 minute walk to the center. It is in a safe and active area. The hostel is clean, the staff is friendly and helpful and the facilities (common room area, kitchen, etc) were definitely useful. I would definitely stay here again.

• 20th Nov 2014

When we stayed the hostel was a little quiet but that in no way was caused by the hostel itself, most likely just the time of year. We had a nice spacious room and the staff were all very helpful. An extremely convenient location and couldn't think of anywhere better than this hostel to stay in Valencia!

Had a great time thank you.

Staff wasn't friendly or helpful. Internet is horrible. Not a all clean, there were nail clippings and other peoples hair on my sheets... Bathrooms smell horrible, all the the time. Lounge is small, so the kitchen becomes the hangout area. Internet is on and off. It's a convenient location, loud though. Short bus ride to the beach.

Hello thanks for your review. I am sorry about your bad stay in our hostel. About your bed, sometimes, people don´t uses their assigned beds so it gets difficult to know the beds to make; but for sure if you had told in reception, we will make you a clean one. About the wifi, you are right. When hostel is full the conexion can fail, for that we will invest in upgrade our lines for next season. I am shocked about your words for our staff, fortunately it is not the opinion of mostly guests

Nicest staff ive ever met at a hostel! Room was a good size, great kitchen, met lots of cool people. Big problems with the access cards to get into rooms.. Had to have mine reset so many times

Friendly staff! Great location! Clean rooms! Definitely recommended!

I'd stay here again! Valencia has an incredible street art scene and the location of this hostel seemed to be right in the middle of it. Walkable to major attractions like Central Market and lots of good food to be found nearby if you're not into cooking. I'd stay here again!

Stayed there twice and really liked it. Met a lot of nice people there. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well, especially Felipe. He's quite a nice guy, even he could be a bit better in chess. :D Rooms, kitchen and also the bathrooms were cleaned professional, so everything was tidy! It may get a bit hot in the dorms and the beach is not really in walking distance, but isn't that nice anyway. ;) I can definitely recommend this hostel!

• 9th Nov 2014