Home Backpackers Reviews

Plaza Vicente Iborra s/n, Valencia, Spain

Had a perfect time in Valencia. The hostel was great and encouraged good socialisation with a nice common area (mainly the kitchen). Going out was fun and had a good atmosphere because there were so many people. It was also in a good location for sightseeing and near the historic market. The staff were willing to help and direct, and the place felt safe, clean and comfortable (if a little hot!)

Decent hostel in a great area. Bathrooms and wifi were good, as well as staff, and beds were comfortable. No air con meant it got pretty hot common room/kitchen closes at 12 which is unfortunate because we all had fun there until then, but were forced to leave. But overall a good place to stay

It was a good base to explore valencia from. The hostel was friendly and the staff was nice and helpful. The bathrooms were large and it was clear they try to keep it as clean as possible with it being a coed bathroom. I would definitely stay here again

Loved the location - just around the corner of a bunch of bars & clubs. And extremely helpful staff. I'd definitely consider staying there again :)

I had such a lovely stay here. The staff were fantastic. I arrived at 6am after catching a night bus and they gave me a key to go have a shower and suggested I take a nap in the lounge before having breakfast. So sweet! Mama's dinner was wonderful too!

Great hostel! The staff is awesome and really nice, they helped us a lot with everything we asked. The wifi is not that good though, i wasn't able to use in the third floor. An airconditioning would be great And the 2,50 of the excellent breakfast we had could be included in the price of the hostel.

very clean hostel and good value for money, staff were very helpful. the hostel runs some really good tours as well.

I've been to this hostel last summer and i came back this year..Couldn't do a better choice!Cleanliness is excellent, the location perfect..but what really makes the different is the staff!The guys are so friendly and they help you as much as they can!There are lots of activities.. Walking, graffiti and bike tours, beach day..and if you like italian cusine Lucia will cook a yummy pasta for free!as a solo traveller i also joined the pubcrawl every night!Gracias clara, carlos and all the staff!♡

• 10th Jul 2014

Great kitchen, clean bathrooms, spacious rooms and friendly staff. Could have used a bit more vibe but we definitely enjoyed our two nights here.

Great atmosphere created by free pasta night & pub crawl every night. Fantastic common room. Fun & helpful staff. Great kitchen, and wifi throughout the building. Location wise - a trek from the beach, but close enough to everything else. Don't be mislead if you're looking for a quiet place however, this is not it (at least not from 7-10pm at night when it becomes a party hostel).

Loved my time here. As a solo traveller I found it easy to meet ppl. There's a common room

I missed recycle for metal, heaps of beer cans are being thrown away, every day.

Really nice hostel in a perfect location! The staff is crazy and they help you a lot! I would totally recommend this hostel!

Awesome hostel! staff were amazing, hostel is clean and the kitchen/ dorms are amazing. Walking/ bike tour were awesome! Pub crawl was awesome, lots of fun and super affordable for travellers.

We had a wonderful time staying here! The hostel provides several opportunities to meet other people in the hostel including a free pasta dinner, graffiti tour, historical tour, beach day, bar crawl and more. The wifi was reliable and the staff was more than willing to help you with any travel needs. Lucia, who works at the hostel, is awesome! She led one of the beach days with Alex and they were both incredible! I would definitely recommend this hostel! Great location near lots of things too.

The bathrooms were mixed which we didnt like

Home Backpackers is one of the cleanest hostels I have stayed at. The bathrooms and kitchen are kept in amazing condition. The Kitchen is huge so it's a great hostel to cook in to save some money instead of eating out all the time. It's in the centre of the city, however it takes at least half an hour to get to the beach - walking to the tram stop & then the trip itself. Some of the staff didn't know very much about the area which was really frustrating when asking for advice.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Great hostel with an amazing kitchen and friendly/helpful staff. It is a bit hard to get to initially.. Especially with directions from port involving "walk a little ways"- in what direction?. But regardless- a great hostel; it was easy to meet tonnes of people, as I was travelling alone.

Very good hostel. Has everything you need and very close to the city center. As a solo traveller, and I didn't think it was the best hostel to meet people, but maybe I was there during a downtime

Great hostel, the staff is really nice and it is really easy to meet new people, loved it!

• 18th Jun 2014