Home Backpackers Reviews

Plaza Vicente Iborra s/n, Valencia, Spain

The location is great but it's a bit hard to find... The staffs at the reception were really helpful!

Fantastic hostel. Really enjoyed my stay. Great atmosphere and really great for meeting other travellers. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly!

Great hostel and value for money. I'd definitely recommend staying here. Lovely big kitchen and facilities

The room was very clean, the kitchen and the common room were very entertaining. The position of the hostel is crazy good, especially because of all the graffiti. Everything you want and need is near the hostel. The best in this hostel is the staff, especially Katja, Lucia and Matt. They brightened my stay, and without them my vacation would not be the same.

• 12th May 2014
  • Slovenia

Had a great stay. The facility was well managed and the staff was delightful. I would come back and recommend to others.

Great value for.money! :-) big kitchen with lots of space where everybody gets together... Friendly staff, good sized rooms and great location! Its near the party mile of valencia.

The staff here were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for them. We loved Carlos's alternative art tour too, something a bit different and quirky to learn about Valencia. The kitchen and lounge area was amazing and was pretty fun at night. It's a shame the roof top terrace is closed still for legal reasons but we still had an amazing time here!

We really liked our stay here. The staff was always willing to help.

Backpackers hostel was our first and the best hostel on a trip. The location is absolutly great : everything is close and you don't even need any type of transport whle staying there. Rooms are big enough and light. Hostel has 2 common rooms where you can hang out with other travelers. The best thing in hostel is in my oppinion staff. They are very frindly and willing to help. We had a great time there!

• 4th May 2014
  • Slovenia

We had a very good time at the hostel, the staff was really nice. The free tours (city tour and alt. Art tour) were a nice addition to an already good stay. It allowed us to discover the city in different ways. Overall a really great expérience and I will most definitely come back if need a place to stay in Valencia!

• 3rd May 2014

Stayed for a long weekend with 3 friends in a private 4 bed dorm with en suite. Can't really comment on the atmosphere of the hostel as we were just using it as a base and weren't hanging out there. The staff were friendly and helpful and pointed us in the right direction for bars/restaurants/things to do and see. The room itself really impressed me. Very clean, nice comfy bunkbeds and a fan for when it got too warm. The bathroom was better than the one at home!! Also large safes provided.

Some of the bathroom door where not possible to be locked. Really bad. Check and repair they should be;) Also the toilet paper in some of the booths was moist, and smelled unpleasant. I loved the fact that it was recycled-material paper though! They just have to be stored properly in a dry place. One blond, I guess britain origin boy in the receptionist was really rude. Other staff did their job great and were helpful in questions we had.

• 1st May 2014
  • Finland

Hello, thanks for you review. The lockers of every bathroom doors are actually been repaired so it won´t be a problem anymore. About the rude staff member, is not working with us anymore since, as you see, we cannot have this kind of staff members in our crew. I hope you had got a pleasant stay, although these problems, and if you visit us in the future you will see that all your requests have been solved. Best regards.

The location is great, the staff is friendly and kind. They helped us with all the questions we had and recommended really good places, so when we'll come to Valencia again we'll absolutely book this hostel.

Don't let the cleaner scream at people. Don't have other members of staff crying because of what their boss has done. One of the showers stank and was completely unusable. Sand in my bed when I hadn't put anything on it or even slept in it yet so not sure why that was. Wifi was only working downstairs.

Thank you for your review. I just wrote you a more detailed email. I spoke with the maid already, being sure she won´t speak anyone like that anymore. About the sand problem, somebody probably sat down in your bed after coming from the beach; if you had told us in reception we could have given you new linen immediately. Regarding the bad smell in the shower, this things can happend when anyone uses them inappropriately, but we solve it as soon we realise. Best regards

Could be a bit noisy inside at night due to echos down the corridor and the wifi was patchy. Great location, good staff and comfortable dorm.

Hi, thanks for your review. We recently add a new wifi line so it is working in every place in the hostel including bedrooms. We just hope you will find another time to visit us in the future and can show you our improvements. Best regards!!

The staff were awesome (shout out to Jack and Lucia)!! The wifi didn't work in the dorms but I met more awesome people there than anywhere else I've stayed, mostly due to the friendly staff and good conditions for hanging out with people. Awesome kitchen for cooking. Good nighttime security. Right near many restaurants and bars, very convenient. The bathrooms were clean and the showers were awesome, plenty of hot water. All around good experience, would definitely recommend to backpackers!

The staff (Lucia and Katja specially) is great! In Valencia, you either get close to the center or to the beach. If you are looking for a place next to the historical center, the hostel is a fine option. People are not very social in there, though...

Rooms are well set out with plenty of space, power-points/plug-ins and large lockers. The room is swept every day. There are showers and toilets on every floor. The showers are large and clean with good pressure. The toilets need more lighting and the locks fixed. The kitchen, top floor, locked after 12am, has lots of bench space, plenty of fridges, freezers, microwaves and toasters. Unfortunately no oven. Wifi is only ever available in reception/ common room. Great location.

Great hostel. Nice staff, good atmosphere, plenty of space to hang out and its in a beautiful city.

Excellent Hostel!