Home Backpackers Reviews

Plaza Vicente Iborra s/n, Valencia, Spain

The staff (Lucia and Katja specially) is great! In Valencia, you either get close to the center or to the beach. If you are looking for a place next to the historical center, the hostel is a fine option. People are not very social in there, though...

Rooms are well set out with plenty of space, power-points/plug-ins and large lockers. The room is swept every day. There are showers and toilets on every floor. The showers are large and clean with good pressure. The toilets need more lighting and the locks fixed. The kitchen, top floor, locked after 12am, has lots of bench space, plenty of fridges, freezers, microwaves and toasters. Unfortunately no oven. Wifi is only ever available in reception/ common room. Great location.

Great hostel. Nice staff, good atmosphere, plenty of space to hang out and its in a beautiful city.

Excellent Hostel!

Great vibe, good lockers and great location. Staff were fantastic and really helpful. Bathrooms/toilets could do with a little better cleaning/maintenance. Nice, large and clean kitchen. Big lockers in rooms.

Average hostel. I had a good stay mainly due to the great atmosphere and awesome people staying there. Hostel facilities are not up to par with standards in Spain, only three outlets in a room for 8, a girl using the provided hair dryer blew the electricity for the entire floor, my locker was extremely difficult to open, etc. Also bathrooms were sometimes disgusting and showers didn't have hot water. Staff gave us wrong directions multiple times and one guy who works there is honestly quite rude

Thanks for your review. The electricity problem was solved minutes after happened. About the cleaning, we clean the bathrooms several times a day, probably you have seen them after other guest´s abuse. For sure, we have hot water in them. About the wrong directions, the restaurant we recommended you, was closed for Easter and the bus problem was because the town hall changed two routes. Anyway we hope you had a reasonable stay and that you give us another chance to prove how good we´re.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. The hostel had a really fun atmosphere and were able to meet people very easily. The hostel didn't have air conditioning so it was a bit hot but they had fans to try and cool things down. We didn't care for the co-ed washrooms but over all we really enjoyed our stay here!

Very nice hostel in great location. Good atmosphere with a nice lounge and a great kitchen/dining area. Would definitely stay there again.

Amazing staff. Very friendly and helpful especially Lucia, Clara, Katya

Amazing place for the price and location, very friendly atmosphere with a big retro (but great) looking kichen. Lucia and Jack were most helpful from showing us how to cook to showing us around there city. Old town is crazy and fun and this hostel is right in the middle of it. Will recomend this hostel to anyone who wants to get away to the beautiful contry of Spain.

The quality if the hostel made out trip! Such a lovely place and the staff are great! Would definitely stay there again. Thank you!

Home Backpackers provided a true backpackers experience! There was a great atmosphere, mainly centering around the kitchen, to meet people. Upon arrival the staff gave us a map explaining all the must-see places and the best ways to get there. The free tour was absolutely amazing and the tour guides are very funny! . My complaints: our door wouldn't lock properly half the time, the hostel's location is slightly hard to figure out, and the bathrooms had a strange odor to it even after cleanings.

Great hostel, the only problem that didnt bother me that much was that i couldnt have access to internet on my room, all the rest was perfect.

Hi, thanks for your review. We recently add a new wifi line so it is working in every place in the hostel including bedrooms. We just hope you will find another time to visit us in the future and can show you our improvements. Best regards!!

A brilliant place. It's located in the old part of town near a nice little square of bars, and not too far from the cathedral and a couple of metro stations so it's easy to get around and see what you want. Staff were incredibly helpful, especially with a problem with the reservation was handled kindly and effectively by them. Each floor has a unisex bathroom with showers which is maintained to a high standard. Would stay here again if I had the chance to in future.

Home Backpackers is a very nice hostel. During my regular visits to Valencia, I always prefer stay in this youth hostel. However, if I would be in charge, I would put more than just one computer in the common area. Make sure you shower first. After big groups have taken the shower, the water gets cold. It is also a pitty they charge you € 0,50 to print just one copy of your boarding pass. In general, this are DETAILS. The hostel is very nice, clean, friendly and has a good atmosphere.

Very kind and helpful staff!! Easy to fine, easy to get everywhere!! Large bathroom and huge kitchen, I had a great time!!

Excellent hostel in a great location, surrounded by pubs and the best of Valencia's nightlife. Great place to meet new people, and the staff was cool and always ready to help you.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

My friend and I had a great stay in Home Backpackers. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the location is near the center and next to many bars, the bathrooms and rooms were clean! So.... I really recommend this hostel!!!

Great Place. Good times. Internet not available everywhere.

Stayed 2 nights in 6 bed dorm. Overall this is a very good hostel. However it can be noisier than other hostels I have been because the spaces and corridors echoe and the doors slam too easily. Otherwise fine. The service is helpful and friendly. Events in evening such as the pub crawl were fine and the hostel is well situated for most places in Valencia. Kitchen and social spaces are good for meeting people. Internet ok.

• 10th Apr 2014