Home Backpackers Reviews

Plaza Vicente Iborra s/n, Valencia, Spain

The location is great, the staff is friendly and kind. They helped us with all the questions we had and recommended really good places, so when we'll come to Valencia again we'll absolutely book this hostel.

Don't let the cleaner scream at people. Don't have other members of staff crying because of what their boss has done. One of the showers stank and was completely unusable. Sand in my bed when I hadn't put anything on it or even slept in it yet so not sure why that was. Wifi was only working downstairs.

Thank you for your review. I just wrote you a more detailed email. I spoke with the maid already, being sure she won´t speak anyone like that anymore. About the sand problem, somebody probably sat down in your bed after coming from the beach; if you had told us in reception we could have given you new linen immediately. Regarding the bad smell in the shower, this things can happend when anyone uses them inappropriately, but we solve it as soon we realise. Best regards

Could be a bit noisy inside at night due to echos down the corridor and the wifi was patchy. Great location, good staff and comfortable dorm.

Hi, thanks for your review. We recently add a new wifi line so it is working in every place in the hostel including bedrooms. We just hope you will find another time to visit us in the future and can show you our improvements. Best regards!!

The staff were awesome (shout out to Jack and Lucia)!! The wifi didn't work in the dorms but I met more awesome people there than anywhere else I've stayed, mostly due to the friendly staff and good conditions for hanging out with people. Awesome kitchen for cooking. Good nighttime security. Right near many restaurants and bars, very convenient. The bathrooms were clean and the showers were awesome, plenty of hot water. All around good experience, would definitely recommend to backpackers!

The staff (Lucia and Katja specially) is great! In Valencia, you either get close to the center or to the beach. If you are looking for a place next to the historical center, the hostel is a fine option. People are not very social in there, though...

Rooms are well set out with plenty of space, power-points/plug-ins and large lockers. The room is swept every day. There are showers and toilets on every floor. The showers are large and clean with good pressure. The toilets need more lighting and the locks fixed. The kitchen, top floor, locked after 12am, has lots of bench space, plenty of fridges, freezers, microwaves and toasters. Unfortunately no oven. Wifi is only ever available in reception/ common room. Great location.

Great hostel. Nice staff, good atmosphere, plenty of space to hang out and its in a beautiful city.

Excellent Hostel!

Great vibe, good lockers and great location. Staff were fantastic and really helpful. Bathrooms/toilets could do with a little better cleaning/maintenance. Nice, large and clean kitchen. Big lockers in rooms.

Average hostel. I had a good stay mainly due to the great atmosphere and awesome people staying there. Hostel facilities are not up to par with standards in Spain, only three outlets in a room for 8, a girl using the provided hair dryer blew the electricity for the entire floor, my locker was extremely difficult to open, etc. Also bathrooms were sometimes disgusting and showers didn't have hot water. Staff gave us wrong directions multiple times and one guy who works there is honestly quite rude

Thanks for your review. The electricity problem was solved minutes after happened. About the cleaning, we clean the bathrooms several times a day, probably you have seen them after other guest´s abuse. For sure, we have hot water in them. About the wrong directions, the restaurant we recommended you, was closed for Easter and the bus problem was because the town hall changed two routes. Anyway we hope you had a reasonable stay and that you give us another chance to prove how good we´re.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. The hostel had a really fun atmosphere and were able to meet people very easily. The hostel didn't have air conditioning so it was a bit hot but they had fans to try and cool things down. We didn't care for the co-ed washrooms but over all we really enjoyed our stay here!

Very nice hostel in great location. Good atmosphere with a nice lounge and a great kitchen/dining area. Would definitely stay there again.

Amazing staff. Very friendly and helpful especially Lucia, Clara, Katya

Amazing place for the price and location, very friendly atmosphere with a big retro (but great) looking kichen. Lucia and Jack were most helpful from showing us how to cook to showing us around there city. Old town is crazy and fun and this hostel is right in the middle of it. Will recomend this hostel to anyone who wants to get away to the beautiful contry of Spain.

The quality if the hostel made out trip! Such a lovely place and the staff are great! Would definitely stay there again. Thank you!

Home Backpackers provided a true backpackers experience! There was a great atmosphere, mainly centering around the kitchen, to meet people. Upon arrival the staff gave us a map explaining all the must-see places and the best ways to get there. The free tour was absolutely amazing and the tour guides are very funny! . My complaints: our door wouldn't lock properly half the time, the hostel's location is slightly hard to figure out, and the bathrooms had a strange odor to it even after cleanings.

Great hostel, the only problem that didnt bother me that much was that i couldnt have access to internet on my room, all the rest was perfect.

A brilliant place. It's located in the old part of town near a nice little square of bars, and not too far from the cathedral and a couple of metro stations so it's easy to get around and see what you want. Staff were incredibly helpful, especially with a problem with the reservation was handled kindly and effectively by them. Each floor has a unisex bathroom with showers which is maintained to a high standard. Would stay here again if I had the chance to in future.

Home Backpackers is a very nice hostel. During my regular visits to Valencia, I always prefer stay in this youth hostel. However, if I would be in charge, I would put more than just one computer in the common area. Make sure you shower first. After big groups have taken the shower, the water gets cold. It is also a pitty they charge you € 0,50 to print just one copy of your boarding pass. In general, this are DETAILS. The hostel is very nice, clean, friendly and has a good atmosphere.

Very kind and helpful staff!! Easy to fine, easy to get everywhere!! Large bathroom and huge kitchen, I had a great time!!