Home Friends li Reviews

Via Emanuele Filiberto, 207, Rome, Italy

My stay at Home Friends was very good, we rented a room for 2 people. The staff was friendly. They did not speak English but tried their best (as we did) to communicate, always helping. Very clean facilites. The only slights problem were that the shower head wouldn't stay up and fell often, they didn't accept cards (stated at booking) and WiFi didn't work, which is not a major problem as travelling is less about internetting and more about exploring.

The bathroom needs maintenance but the room was perfect.

All seemed perfect until I woke up with bedbug bites the 2nd morning (and saw a dead one on my sheet) and on checkout day we weren't allowed luggage storage because no staff would be there the rest of the day (costing us each another 7 euro to store it at the train station). But on the plus side it's a good location (very close to the train stop), has a lovely courtyard, and provided decent breakfast in the rooms. You win some you lose some I guess.

Hostel is on the main road, so there is no silence in the room. - cars and vespas driving everyday and night. I was in a private room which should have hairdryer - there was none in the room. The breakfast was the cheepest cake and croissant and some cookies.

• 12th Apr 2015