Home Hostel Reviews

No. 21, Che Niandian Hutong, An Dingmen nei Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

In particular male staff was not friendly nor helpful. They were not flexible in regard to arrivals and did not even reply to our email. The rooms had a cold atmosphere. There is lot of informative material on beijing and china in general. Also, the lobby/common are is quite nice.

nice place, nice people, really stand out.

Great location (brilliant bar right outside the gates that has 50 Kuai unlimited drinks from 6-10pm, GO!!), lovely room - probably cheapest ensuite double you'll find in the area, BUT the staff weren't very helpful and were quite rude at times. Overall value for money considering Beijing and hutong location, but staff should get act their together and actually be nice to their customers.

Staff incompetent, rude and lazy. Only one member of staff other than the manager spoke english and so everything had to be translated through her. (who was a volunteer member of staff). The manager was negligent and lacked any compassion for having overbooked and not having room for us. Stayed the first night in the managers room due to this overbooking and still the next day we waited till 8pm to get our room. Rooms were fine but the managers room was a pit of smoke and urine. Dont come here!!

• 14th Jul 2014

when we arrived at 4pm the hostel was overbooked but still accepted bookings until 2hours before we came.5staff at the desk but nobody did anything,it was a huge mess. i booked 2months ago 6bed female ensuite for 3girls but we got a 4bed dorm without bathroom for 2 and one bed in a male dorm. Didn’t get a discount.Moved out after 1st night. shared bathroom: horrible, old, dirty, only squat toilets and only on 1st floor. there was no more toilet paper->staff answer: tomorrow.Don’t stay here!!!

after emailing the hostel to confirm my late arrival, I never received a reply. I called the hostel and they had given my room away… then they said they had one for me (since it was midnight). I got lost since they never sent me the address in Chinese, when I finally got there, they showed me a lower bunk that was surrounded with other peoples belongings. Since they'd given away my room, I chose to leave.

Pros : - Location - some persons from the staff ( the rare persons speaking english were helpful) Cons : - dirty smelly toilets - very tiny dorms, no space for luggages - staff tried to sell me more nights for more expensive price than the one I paid in Hostelworld, when I told them I'll do it through the website instead, they accepted to give me the same price (which is not the same thing for other people). - Internet sucks

everything is good, but I don't like the lodgers and staffs always smoke in lobby, I consider it's necessary to make a Non-smoking area.

We got a private room with private bathroom - very good value for the price - very spacious and adequately clean, came with towels, TV, and some basic toiletries. AC worked fine, only annoying thing was plug in the bathroom didn't work. Don't bother calling in advance for anything, staff on the phone isn't very helpful. Great location - small alley with lots of restaurants and stores, 15 minute walk from Confucius Temple and subway. Would definitely recommend!

I stayed at this hostel at the end of may, so the location is really good, not far from subway and there are lots of nice places around the hostel. Stuff was pretty helpful, and even if,you don't speak chinese it wont be a problem. Rates are pretty low,so highly recommend

• 30th May 2014
  • pollypolland2754
  • Russia

Most people I found there spoke English. People is friendly. It is close to the subway and to some interesting places. There are many restaurants very close.

• 17th May 2014
  • Greece

The location is good, you can access bus stop and subway really easy and then you have access to the whole Beijing. it is close to restaurants and shops, Confucius and lama temple.

• 17th May 2014
  • Greece

Very difficult to find, wrong on Google maps, were searching for more than 1 hour where it is. The room was OK, the lounge/bar war pretty nice, just a bit smoky. The staff didn't speak much English. At midnight they woke us up and wanted to scan our passports because of some computer fail (it couldn't wait till morning)... Probably some government check on us staying there or not. I really don't like such behaviour. Sorry guys, troublesome. + The luggage room very unsafe, open to everyone.

Great place to stay,the staff was very helpful,i enjoyed staying there and I will stay there in the future if I can get another visa for living in China for longer time.

• 9th May 2014
  • Aruba

Perfect location .Staff were really friendly and helpful.Highly recommended

• 9th May 2014
  • Egypt

The hostel is good for young people who wants to discver Beijing. The place is in the old town (Drum tower and Bell Tower are quite close). The hostel is good for people who don't have special needs or requests. The staff is friendly. Unfortunately just one member of the staff could speak english. There is also a common space to enjoy films or read a book.