Home Hostel Reviews

No. 21, Che Niandian Hutong, An Dingmen nei Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Great hostel, cheap, good location. Everything you can ask in a place like this. Well situated, friendly staff. We where in Beijing for 5 days in a room for 6 and we had the room for ourselves (2 person) all the time. Great! The staff also help us with recommendation. I would visit again for sure mainly because the location and the price.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

After arriving Here I decided to stay just 1 night instead of the planned 3. I did not find it to be very friendly, the main bar room was very smoky and the room was really cold. Maybe better suited to chinese guests than western tourists.

• 15th Nov 2014

Im so glad the staff provided a lots of information that useful to me .In this hostel,i used to know new friends from others places.i would like to recommend this hostel to my friends and family once i back to Malaysia😆😆

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Room was ok. Staff was Nice, was possible to negotiate about the Price.

VERY HAPPY! Thanks for a great stay in a beautiful place!! ... Real bargain too!

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Very nice hostel, especially compared to the price. Nice and cosy bar (but a bit cold in november :) ). Staff was very friendly and helpful and speaks good english.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Location is good, but the dormitory was not clean, bathroom with no toilet paper. Staff was not really helpful (no bike as mentionned), no indication to know how to get to the place

Good location, good value for money and great stuff. Rooms are clean, bur common bathrooms are really dirty. I lived in dorm and common bathroom that was near my dorm was very dirty, cold, there was only shower and no toilet. I needed to go through reception and other rooms to another bathroom. Another bathrom had just two showers and two toilets, there were a lot of people, so, or course, bathroom was dirty.

I stayed here once before and this time visiting Beijing I wanted to stay in the same place but had forgotten the name, so I was really happy to find it here on Hostelworld! The price for a bed was cheaper than in other hostels but what they offer just as nice. I like it here because there's always a good mix of Chinese and foreigners staying and they have a nice lounge room where people always hang out and want to chat, but the best thing is its closeness to all my favourite places in Beijing.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Sweden

The staff are friendly, welcoming and very helpful - with excellent english. The double room was spacious and cleaned daily. The lounge is comfy but needs a non-smoking lounge area (I know this is China). The location is superb - handy for central sights but in an area still lived in by locals - this means there are plenty of good cheap restaurants on the doorstep, food shops and also the trendy cafes and bars around Nanluogu Xiang. Our bikes were safe here. All in all - excellent value.

I had a really wonderful time there, everyone is so kind to me, perfect location, my room is quite comfortable and clean,anyway, it's so worth being there.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Friendliest staff I have seen. They were so nice with us and i'm going to miss being there

• 3rd Sep 2014

Difficult to find if you aren't used to china and hutongs (spelling?). Staff spoke very minimal English and wasn't very helpful. Guys forms were tidy but washroom was dirty. Not used to smoking inside but if you are then you'll fit right in. Keycard needed to be demagnetized everyday. Up side location wasn't that bad. Electrical outlet for each bunk as well as medium sized lockers for all. Wifi also worked in dorm rooms 5-10 minute walk south from andingmen station.

Great location. Clean facilities.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Montenegro

The staff was very helpful and friendly to every traveler who stayed there. They always had a smile on their face and answered every question I had. The tour to the Mutianyu Great Wall was unbelievable and was very affordable! I recommend going to the Mutianyu Great Wall as well as other tours the hostel provides.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • China

Difficult to use the common area due to the plumes of smoke from the staff smoking and the noise. Otherwise enjoyed our stay excellent location and very helpful staff..

In particular male staff was not friendly nor helpful. They were not flexible in regard to arrivals and did not even reply to our email. The rooms had a cold atmosphere. There is lot of informative material on beijing and china in general. Also, the lobby/common are is quite nice.

nice place, nice people, really stand out.

Great location (brilliant bar right outside the gates that has 50 Kuai unlimited drinks from 6-10pm, GO!!), lovely room - probably cheapest ensuite double you'll find in the area, BUT the staff weren't very helpful and were quite rude at times. Overall value for money considering Beijing and hutong location, but staff should get act their together and actually be nice to their customers.

Staff incompetent, rude and lazy. Only one member of staff other than the manager spoke english and so everything had to be translated through her. (who was a volunteer member of staff). The manager was negligent and lacked any compassion for having overbooked and not having room for us. Stayed the first night in the managers room due to this overbooking and still the next day we waited till 8pm to get our room. Rooms were fine but the managers room was a pit of smoke and urine. Dont come here!!

• 14th Jul 2014