Home Hostel Reviews

No. 21, Che Niandian Hutong, An Dingmen nei Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

It was a nice hostel with helpful friendly staff. It's a calm, fun atmosphere. Bring your own toilet tissue!

The details and the sanitation system is in super bad situation....there is no enough careful for the clients.

Terrible smell from the drains and rooms need to be redecorated

I booked my bed for this hostel. For things out of my control I was delayed for few hours. Nevertheless, instead of waiting for me, as a normal hostel or hotel would do it, they resold my bed to another traveler. So that night I basically had no place to sleep, they did not even care about giving me another option. If a hostel is not capable of taking the minimum care of its clients it´s not worth at all.

Very nice and helpful staff. Clean.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Spain

Very unorganised but cheap and likeable!

• 1st Oct 2015

the toilets and bathrooms are outside and far away, not convenient! they are always dirty btw

• 30th Sep 2015
  • China

Basic facilities. The location its good since its close to Andingmen subway-station. The female staff was really helpful, which makes it a good hostel for me. However its not the cleanest nor hast it high standards, keep that in mind.

Some of the staff were lovely and tried to help as best they could buy the staff with the most amount of English were very aloof and rude. Loose connection in dorm light meant it would flicker overnight despite the fault being reported much earlier in the day. Bathrooms did not seem to be cleaned on a regular basis, a lot of dirt and dust on the dorm floor and under the bunk beds indicated a lack of regular cleaning of the rooms as well.

Staff had limited english (only two people could speak well who continually got dragged from their rest area to try and answer our questions). Difficult to find in the Hutongs as we checked in 8pm and it was dark.. Stayed one extra night and got charged over double the price because we were a 'walk in' customer.. Only worth it if you get a bargain on hostel world.

Honestly this hostel probably is the worst one I ever been to, the public bathroom & shower room is dirty n smelly, the it only got 2 shower room for us... So I can't even take a shower at night because it is too much people are waiting for it. Besides this, I think the location is not too bad, even though is a bit hard to find it at night but around the hostel, there's a lot cute little cafe, worth to visit sometimes! :)

Nothing spectacular. Good price at a good, central location that feels like genuine Beijing. Facilities are well-maintained but thoroughly used, for sure. My room was fully booked each night I was there. My room had a western-style toilet. Bring your own toilet paper---though you ought to know that already, if you're headed for China.

Never have we ever experienced something like Home Hostel - In China.... We arrived 2 hours after expected - which isn't unusual as a backpacker - only to find out that they had cancelled our reservation. Instead they lodged us in the staff's room. It was packed with stuff and smelled like a hamster cage. Altogether we had to switch rooms three times and our air conditioner didn't work. Also there are cats EVERYWHERE, and the staff isn't all that polite. Hmmmmmmm.....

It was a little hard to find at first, a little off the beaten path, but that's what we liked! It was in the middle of everything, but not noisy.Great amenities, always willing to help.

While the location was excellent and the staff was very helpful, the hostel itself was extremely dirty. The rooms were filled with garbage, and even when we nicely asked for the room to be cleaned, they picked up the garbage but did not empty the trash cans or acceptably clean the bathrooms, etc.

• 19th Jun 2015

Very friendly staff, recommended place for young people (generally student-aged guests and staff). Location in a lively Hutong area, lots of small restaurants nearby. Close to the popular Gulou area.

I thought that this place was definitely worth the price I paid: $10/night. And thus it was quite average, tending towards not that good. The air conditioner in my room was either broken or had no remote, so it was 40 degrees at night, which made it horrible for sleeping. Also, there seems to only be one bathroom for the whole hostel, which wasn't that big a deal, but it was rather far away from my dorm. I did think that the common area/lobby was really nice, and the location is also very cool.