Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at over the course of 5 trips to Europe. This hostel was recommended by a friend and they did not disappoint. They treat you like family and remember your name! You must have a dinner with Mama. It's an excellent value and a great way to make new friends

The perfect hostel. Has everything you could ever need and a great atmosphere. Thank you Mama!

After travelling for almost 1.5 years around Europe, I can easily say this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Amazing location, huge comfortable beds, friendly staff, cheap price, best dinners and drink deals! I couldn't recommend it more!

The girls restroom sometimes smells a little bit. I know that the staffs have been trying really hard to keep it clean but I think maybe more improvement could be done to make the hostel even more perfect :)

Fantastic hostel in a great location. The staff make you feel at home and Mamma's dinners are the best! I met loads of interesting people and will be recommending Home to all my friends.

• 18th May 2015

One of the best hostels that I have stayed. Mamma's dinner was perfect. Excellent location and friendly staff.

The place is very polite and quite. There was no pregamimg or loud activity going on in the dorms. But you can still join the party at the bar.

Fantastic stay. Very clean and welcoming and cozy :)

No comment - its Home. Its the best!!!

This hostel was absolutely fantastic. The rooms and bathrooms were both very clean. The beds were comfortable, and the showers were great! The staff were absolutely amazing. They were super friendly and went out of their way to make sure that your stay was all that it could be. Mamma's dinners were fantastic and the daily tours were also fun and of good value! Highly recommended!

In the middle of Lisbon, with a good staff, excellent Mamma, and good prices. Many thanks to Juan for the super trip to Sintra and Cabo de Rocca. If you are lucky during the night the other guests won't celebrate a birthday party... The dormitories are on the 4th floor, the reception is on the 2nd floor, so they can't keep the silence during the night. It would be a great improvment to resolve this problem ( for the future guests ) But if I will go again to Lisbon, I will choose Home again.

I cannot praise this hostel enough for all they provided! The staff, rooms, toilets, everything was above par! I ended up doing the day trips to Sintra as well as the beach, which was a great value and a fun day! I also did dinner EVERY night with mamma, and you really can't beat her delicious meals, and just getting to know her! I love momma! The staff was amazing, and staying at Home Hostel made Lisbon 10000 times better for me! If you are lucky enough to go to Lisbon, you MUST stay here :)

Amazing from the moment you walk in the door! Whether it was the three course dinners every night that made this place so unique or the excellent staff I am not sure but either way I cannot recommend this place highly enough! The showers were fantastic and the beds and storage facilities were both brilliant! Can't wait to come back!

The best hostel I've ever been to!!!!!

I can't fault this hostel at all. The room was great, the facilities great, the bar and Mamma's dinners were amazing! The activities (walking tours, and Sintra!) and dinners made a very social atmosphere where it was easy to meet other travellers. The staff were lovely, attentive and extremely helpful when asked about what to do and how to get around. I'll recommend this hostel to everyone I meet!

This was perhaps the most beautiful hostel I have stayed in. Dorms have high ceilings and spacious wooden bunks. Common areas are all finished wood--very homey. Staff was very welcoming and helpful. Was soooo disappointed, however, to miss Momma's dinner on her day off. Have heard wonderful things.

The BEST atmosphere The BEST location The BEST hostel you will ever stay in If you haven't already booked, do it now and if you have then expect the best time of your life. This hostel was more like a boutique hotel. The staff were wonderful and always happy to help with reccommendations. The family running HOME are lovely. Mumma's dinner was a highlight and a great way to meet people. Honestly the whole experience was incredible and it was hard to say goodbye.

This is one of the best hostels I've had stayed. Staff are exceptionally pleasant and helpful and facility , the location outstanding!

• 6th May 2015

Such an amazing and welcoming atmosphere. Easy to find, full of activities and friendly faces. Momma dinner was the best meal we've had in weeks at an insanely reasonable price. We loved it! Will definitely be returning :)

• 6th May 2015

I am a regular hostel user around the world and Home Hostel is without the most stylish and comforting place I have ever stayed. It has the aesthetics of a boutique hotel cool lamps, big mirrors, sophisticated lighting and the ten euro dinner includes a three course meal with wine/beer and a desert wine to toast with everyone who eats together. Finally someone has come up with a concept that consolidates the loneliness of travel with the joy of a shared experience. A game changer in hostelling.

• 3rd May 2015