Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in! Mumma makes a great meal every night. The facilities are brilliant and so easy to meet people. The beds are comfy and very big. Felt at home!

Everything is great about this place. Mama is awesome, her food is delicious. You will love this place. Excellent staff, great place, awesome atmosphere. The perfect hostel for solo travelers.

The staff is really helpful and nice and the hostel is clean and well equiped. You've got a washing machine and dryer, really comfy bunk beds, lots of showers and very fast internet. Mama's diner is only 10 euros and is a really good value! Highly recommended.

I had a great time here and highly recommend everyone to check it out! Do not miss Mamma's dinner either, great value, great food and great atmosphere!

Great place in the right area. Wonderful meal offer Euro 10 for Dinner & all Drinks Included. Very helpful Staff for all your needs.

Great clean hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. The beach tour was lots of fun :)

Hostel located in downtown; walking distance to everywhere in downtown Lizbon. Bedrooms and reception/bar/kitchen are in seperate floors, so you can have a very good sleep +aircon in rooms. Bathrooms are big and clean. Community floor has good decoration, with a seperate living room: quite and cosy to read or watch a movie. Breakfast is great, they also have dinner. Staff is friendly and professional (not sticky). They have daily beach tours and walking tours by "wild walkers" which are good.

Didn't really like my stay here. I couldn't get any sleep since there was a lot of noise from the outside, the beds were squeaking and people kept coming in the room during the night, constantly turning the lights on. The breakfast was very simple, nothing special. The only positive thing is that I immediately got my money back when I decided to only stay 2 nights instead of 5. I honestly don't understand the hype.

we got a watch stollen in the hostel !!!!!! watch out for your stuff !!

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Bulgaria

Definitly the best hostel we did in Portugal. Mama is must in herself. For 10€, an excellent meal with drinks, starter, main course and sweeeet desser Almost eat as much as you can. And all at a big table where meeting and talking to your neighbors is so easy. Nightcrawl is not recommanded though so we did not do it, did iot by ourselves. Rooms are very good, and bathroom are also very high standard. Free breakfast, very beautifull and nice top-model at reception (she's still studying though)

I had the most incredible time at Home Lisbon Hostel. From the moment i arrived the staff were so welcoming. Mamma's dinner was amazing, we didn't eat anywhere else as the food, the company and mamma were just too good to miss! I loved this hostel and will definitely be going back!

• 5th Sep 2014

This was my first stop on my 3 month solo backpacking trip through Europe and I'm so glad I stayed here!! The happy hour and dinner was a perfect way to meet other people. I loved it so much I stayed an extra day!

• 4th Sep 2014

This is the best of the best hostel there is! Great rooms, amazing staff, amazing atmosphere... My stay here was just perfect! Mamma's dinner was incredible, and the free breakfasts were also the best! A great hostel to meet people since the hangout areas are so well decorated. Just the best time staying at Home :)

This place is AMAZING! Great staff, amazing dinners, so easy to meet people and loads of activities ... 100% recommend, definitely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at—I miss it!

Fantastic hostel! I would absolutely recommend it! It's perfect if you're traveling alone, super easy to meet other people. Clean, nicely decorated, you have a curtain for your bed so you can get some privacy and hide from the daylight if you want to sleep daytime and there's a big drawer under the bed where you can unpack and lock all your stuff in. Amazing place, well worth the award Best hostel!

Great hostel! Very nice staff! Loved the dinners! Access to all kind of activities (walking tours, beach) that are a great way to discover Lisbon. Thank you!

• 1st Sep 2014

They say it's one of the best hostels in Europe and it's true. This is the best hostel I've ever been. It's very clean, it's very comfortable. Reception desk is actually in a bar open 24 hour. Every night are Mama's dinners, which are very delicious. Time spent in this hostel was the best time during my trip.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Poland

This was definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Great facilities and great atmosphere. Would 100% recommend others to come stay here.

Overrated hostel. The location is great and that's about all. Mamas dinner was ok, but over booked and everyone was sitting on top of each other. No organisation. The beds in our room - all 3 bunks squeaking really bad. No light in the bedrooms. The hair dry also did not work. Not sure why a lot people claim it be the best hostel??? Much better around.

One of the best hostels.

• 29th Aug 2014