Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This was the most amazing hostel ever! It wasn't only a really nice place with excellent facilities but it was the little things and the super friendly staff that made it amazing! I felt warm and fuzzy inside when the staff gave me medicine for my cold and helped me treat my mosquito bites, little touches :) The tour to Sintra and Cascais with Joao was a highlight. I really want to go back to Lisbon and Portugal and stay in this hostel again. Thanks Mama and all staff :)

This hostel is nothing short but excellent. I've been traveling for 5 months, stayed in 24 hostels and I have to say that if this is not the best hostel overall that I have been in, it is without a doubt top 3. I loved the staff and I praise the ambiance that Home was able to create. Although it is a bigger hostels and must require security cards for the different rooms, the guests don't roam the hostel like strangers in a hotel. Mama's dinner is delicious and great at getting people together

A great overall atmosphere to make you feel welcome and at home. Truly enjoyed Mamma's dinner and how everyone gets together for great food and conversation, free wine and beer, followed by a toast with Mamma at the end of your meal. Living area, bedrooms, and washrooms/showers are great. Very clean hostel. Took the Sintra day trip with the hostel, which was ok considering the price - €10 including a lunch sandwich and dinner. Recommend this hostel if you are looking to meet others :)

• 15th Sep 2014

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in! Mumma makes a great meal every night. The facilities are brilliant and so easy to meet people. The beds are comfy and very big. Felt at home!

Everything is great about this place. Mama is awesome, her food is delicious. You will love this place. Excellent staff, great place, awesome atmosphere. The perfect hostel for solo travelers.

Very nice Hostel !! Thanks to the staff and specially to Mamma for her kindness and her meals !!

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

It's the best hostel you will ever stay in.

The staff is really helpful and nice and the hostel is clean and well equiped. You've got a washing machine and dryer, really comfy bunk beds, lots of showers and very fast internet. Mama's diner is only 10 euros and is a really good value! Highly recommended.

What a brilliant hostel. Great location, beds are comfy and everything is kept clean. The hostel bar is a central social space where you can have Mammas dinner for 10 Euros including wine or beer. A great option if you're travelling on your own. The bar stays open till late but the rooms are 2 floors above so noise isn't an issue. A decent breakfast is included and the watch style electronic key is fab. Staff were so friendly and helpful even letting me borrow a tent for a festival.10/10 :-) Cx

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Amazing hostel, great atmosphere, location, rooms and location. Mamas dinners are the best!!

This is the second time I spend at Home Lisbon Hostel. This Hostel is amazing! The atmosphere here is very familiar and welcoming, the staff is very nice and helpfull, the hostel offers great tours and trips through the city and to the beach, the hostel is located right in the city center, the rooms are clean and great designed and the beds even have curtains on them. You'll definitely meet a lot of great people here. Be prepared for great experiences!

I had a great time here and highly recommend everyone to check it out! Do not miss Mamma's dinner either, great value, great food and great atmosphere!

Great place in the right area. Wonderful meal offer Euro 10 for Dinner & all Drinks Included. Very helpful Staff for all your needs.

Great clean hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. The beach tour was lots of fun :)

Hostel located in downtown; walking distance to everywhere in downtown Lizbon. Bedrooms and reception/bar/kitchen are in seperate floors, so you can have a very good sleep +aircon in rooms. Bathrooms are big and clean. Community floor has good decoration, with a seperate living room: quite and cosy to read or watch a movie. Breakfast is great, they also have dinner. Staff is friendly and professional (not sticky). They have daily beach tours and walking tours by "wild walkers" which are good.

I am very glad that I have chosen Home hostel. Everything was just amazing. staff, room, atmosphere, location. Thank you MAMA for fantastic dinner. Home hostel you are the best!!!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Norway

Didn't really like my stay here. I couldn't get any sleep since there was a lot of noise from the outside, the beds were squeaking and people kept coming in the room during the night, constantly turning the lights on. The breakfast was very simple, nothing special. The only positive thing is that I immediately got my money back when I decided to only stay 2 nights instead of 5. I honestly don't understand the hype.

we got a watch stollen in the hostel !!!!!! watch out for your stuff !!

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Bulgaria

Definitly the best hostel we did in Portugal. Mama is must in herself. For 10€, an excellent meal with drinks, starter, main course and sweeeet desser Almost eat as much as you can. And all at a big table where meeting and talking to your neighbors is so easy. Nightcrawl is not recommanded though so we did not do it, did iot by ourselves. Rooms are very good, and bathroom are also very high standard. Free breakfast, very beautifull and nice top-model at reception (she's still studying though)

I had the most incredible time at Home Lisbon Hostel. From the moment i arrived the staff were so welcoming. Mamma's dinner was amazing, we didn't eat anywhere else as the food, the company and mamma were just too good to miss! I loved this hostel and will definitely be going back!

• 5th Sep 2014