Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

The staff (Diana in particular) we're really helpful, even when i needed a bed after the hostel was fully booked. And it's such a homely feel! Best hostel I've been to.

• 18th Oct 2014

Everything was great: location perfect, atmosphere great, staff very nice and helpful. It was actually the best hostel I have ever experienced. Very clean and secure. Only-girls rooms is a good option for girls travelling alone. And you have a huge case where you can lock all your belongings, which makes you feel even more secure. It is also very well organized with Mama's dinner, free guided walking tours, pub crawl, etc. And Mama and the staff are just soooooo nice!

Amazing. I've done LOTS of travelling and this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I stayed at a hostel in Porto which won the worlds best hostel 2014 but in my opinion the Home Lisbon Hostel is better. A huge thankyou to the staff who are all wonderful and warm. A special mention to Mika who was there when I arrived and made me feel special...she is a beautiful person.

• 18th Oct 2014

I only stated for one night but wished I had more time in lisbon. The hostel staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was very cool. Easy to make new friends. If you want the dinner you need to book ahead as the places fill up. Looked and smelled delicious!

• 18th Oct 2014

The staff were lovely and the food was amazing!! Would return to this hostel!

We truly felt at home here, as promised! Very comfortable beds / bedding, the bunks are very private and I loved the free earplugs offered 'in case of snorers'. There were a lot of mozzies in my room so consider repellant. Loved the common area, somewhere to really lounge around and relax. Try mama's dinner at least once! It was a lovely, unique experience. A lot of thought goes into this hostel and it shows. Would stay again for sure :) thank you for a wonderful stay!

A great hostel! It's easy to meet people and it really feels like a big family house. Dinners with mama were a really nice touch, and I always felt safe in the hostel and around the neigbhourhood.

By far best hostel I've ever stayed in. I can't say anything negative about it. It really feels like coming home! Love Tessa & Elke

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Home Hostel Lisbon is pretty much perfect in every way. Appealing design, every feature you would want, no attempt to over charge for anything and pretty much all amenities are free. Run by a very savvy owner and his beautiful mother. Mamma will be missed!

What can you say about this hostel. Staff were great, very helpful and informative (and sexy) lol. Location was good. Wifi good, rooms big and spacious. Good breakfast as well. But the best was mama's dinners. So delicious and great value. Can't say enough about this hostel. Terry L Aust.

This hostel deserves every positive award and all the amazing reviews they receive. Easily the best hostel ive stayed in throughout Europe. Clean as a whistle, awesome atmosphere, all the staff are always amazing and friendly. Mumma's dinners are a must, we ate there every night as it was always truly delicious. Can not fault this place, stay here when you come to Lisbon!

I have been to 30+ countries over the course of 5 years and stayed in countless hostels. Home Lisbon was easily top 3 of my life. The staff was amazing. The location was perfect. The atmosphere was great. I met other people who made my week even better. Mommas cooking and nightly dinner was a great way to meet people and eat authentic Portuguese food. The bathrooms were immaculate. The dorms were cozy and quiet. The common room was relaxing. I could go on and on. Amazing place!!!

It was a fabulous, friendly hostel with lots of room and very artistically furnished. The best part though was the camaraderie that formed with other guests during Mamma's fabulous home cooked dinners. Very good value for money.

This was an amazing experience and I would have loved to have stayed longer than the 3 days. Well designed and laid out facility, comfortable beds. The staff awesome and amazing meal and value if you opt in for Mamma's home cooked meal. Hostellers of all ages and nationalities are made to feel welcomed - truly like coming home:) I will be back!!

everything was really good!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was really satisfied with everything.^^

I enjoyed so so so so so much staying over at Home Lisbon Hostel ... if you are planning to go to see this beautiful city that our almighty God created you must stay over at Home Lisbon.... I loved so much that I already booked to go back to Lisbon and I will be staying at the same hostel.

Thank you Home Lisbon Hostel for making my stay in Lisbon so nice!

Staffs were very kind and the dinner was so nice in Hostel.

Everything about the hostel was amazing. It was my first time staying in a hostel before, so I was unsure if I would like it, especially as a solo traveller. But everyone was friendly, both guests and staff, so I felt at 'home' immediately. Special shout out to Sophia, who was a wonderful tour guide for the morning walking tour.

• 8th Oct 2014

I've stayed in many hostels the world over and this hostel gets top marks.The staff create a fantastic atmosphere and couldn't possibly help any more than they do.They bend over backwards to do what they can to assist in any way they can.Its clean,Welcoming,fun,spacious,safe,bright

• 8th Oct 2014