Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

One of the best hostel I have ever been with a 24hrs bar opening at the reception. Staff are so friendly and willing to help you in anyway they can. Momma' dinner was also amazing. Thanks Momma

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Great hostel. Definitely the place to stay in Lisbon. Mamma's authentic dinners are to die for and take the thinking out of dinner plans (especially for €10!).

• 9th Dec 2014

Fautless. Hostels do not get any better than in Portugal, but Home stands out even amongst Portuguese hostels. The family that run this hostel is delightful, particularly Mama. Additionally, I did not meet a single staff member who wasn't super friendly, attentive, and helpful. Obviously all facilities are immaculate and I can not think of a single thing I wanted or needed that wasn't available to me. Cheap drinks at the bar was a bonus! This hostel really is doing everything right.

Home Lisbon Hostel is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It really feels like a home away from home. The staff is incredibly helpful and fun, Mamma's dinners are delicious, the facilities are clean, and Home is the perfect place to meet people. I would recommend it to anyone and I hope to get the chance to stay there again someday!

The best hostel in Lisbon !!! Excellent location,very good breakfast,very nice staff.

I loved my stay at Home Lisbon! For €10 mama cooked a three course home-made Portuguese dinner that was better than any street food in the area, and it was served family style in the company of great people. The rooms and bathrooms were also extremely clean, and all of the little details (hairdryers, lockers, personal lights and plugs, etc.) were all accounted for. The staff were also amazing and provided a map introduction upon check-in, answered any questions I had, and remembered my name

The best place to stay in lisbon! Wonderful is not enough to describe here. It's my pleasure to spend time here. Thank you!

We booked two beds for the girls' dorm, which is really beautiful and comfortable. We did enjoy a lot since the first moment, and it's hard to say good bye to such a great hostel! The shower room and the restroom are also great.

Our group absolutely loved our stay at Home Lisbon Hostel. It really felt like home. All the staff were so welcoming and friendly. Our stay at this hostel was the highlight of our trip through Portugal. The hostel is in great condition and has a very charming character. All the meals at the hostel were outstanding. The activities offered were also excellent! The only small area for improvement would be the occasional smell in the bathroom but it's clean otherwise.

• 4th Dec 2014

Great hostel! They also organise great tours for Sintra, and walking tours in Lisbon. And... Mama's dinner is wonderful!

The best hostel i've ever had! mamma's food is really good and all the stuff is really nice! Hope to be back there asap!

I had the most amazing time. Already recommended it to coworkers, friends and some random people at the airport. :) I could go down the list of all the things that make this place special (cozy ambiance, friendly staff, delicious food, privacy-curtained beds), but it really just comes down to the community that's here. The people who run this place set the tone, and everyone enjoyed being a part of this traveler's community for as long as they stayed.

Possibly one of my favorite places on earth. Seriously, I loved it here. What's not to love? There's just something about this place that can't be quantified in a single review. Mamma is the soul of the operation, and when she hands you your plate or gives you a hug you know it's real, that this family really cares about what they do and that, for them, it's not just a business. It's about people. Amazing food, cozy atmosphere and great new friends keep people coming back time after time.

Location was excellent, just a short walk from everything. The staff was the most friendly I have ever seen, making you really feel part of a family. The atmosphere was the best I have ever seen as well, especially during dinner time, when everyone gathers to eat the excellent Mama's food with plenty of beer and all kinds of wine! Showers were great, spacious and clean.Amazing value for money, great breakfast, fast wi-fi, confy beds. Dinner for just 10 euros totally worth it.Totally recommended

Don't stay anywhere in Lisbon but here! This hostel is very clean, has a great location and very friendly staff. And then there's the added bonus of mama who cooks homemade amazing Portuguese meals every night!

Very nice hostel for sure. Dinners were awesome and staff was excellent and friendly. Only thing that I didn´t enjoy was the barcrawl provided by the hostel. 13 euro for 2 cheap drinks and one mixed welcome shot is not the best deal but ok, but we were walking to the last club 30 minutes and then after waiting in line to get in for another 30 minutes they told us we can´t get in because it is full.dissapointing

Second time in a hostel in a big city, but definately the best i've ever been, and i will ever be. Will definately recommend it to everybody!

• 27th Nov 2014

I really can't fault this hostel. The staff were very friendly, the location is perfect in the centre of Lisbon and really easy to get to from the airport by public transport(metro). There are walking and day tours. The hostel is very clean, the beds are very comfortable. Finally, the dinners are fantastic, both for the food and for the atmosphere. They even caters for vegetarians, which was a welcome relief for me. Thank you so much for an excellent stay! I would love to come back some time.

The hostel is excellent. Mama's dinner is great - easily better and more plentiful than anything you'll find for that price elsewhere. The staff were really friendly. Location was within an easy walk of the entire city centre and reasonably close to both Rossio and Cais do Sodré stations (for Sintra and Caiscais). Walking tour is very good - there are two different ones and I did both.

I was greeted with a big smile and had one the entire time i was there. Mama cooks the best dinner! And it creates a great atmosphere everynight, nobody was glued to their phone everyone was happy

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7