Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

I have stayed in many hostels and this is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious and the hostel was always clean. Mama's dinners are amazing and contribute to the family feel of the hostel. Great place for a sole traveler....really easy to meet people.

This hostel is amazing!!! It is the best hostel I have stayed in throughout Europe and United States. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious and clean, beds are comfy and bathrooms are clean. The showers are amazing as well! The dinners are a great way to meet other travellers and I would highly recommend the beach trip!!

Best hostel I've stayed at. Staff was really friendly, gave great tips, got a welcome drink. Didn't have alarm so staff member woke me at 5 am when I asked him to. Highly recommend

• 10th Aug 2014

Best hostel in the world. Location, staff, and beds, all top notch. Thanks so much Home Lisbon staff for your consistent warmth. This hostel was one reason why Lisboa was the most memorable part of my Europe trip. Thank you!

Love mama's dinner!!! Best meal I had in lisbon. The common area is pretty cozy. People here are super nice too:)

So far, the best hostel i have stayed in my trips. Great atmosphere and friendly staff. Whenever I am in Lisbon, I will stay there again.

This is the best hostel I've stayed in my life. If you are going to lisbon, you HAVE to stay here (and also have to eat mama's dinner). Everything in this hostel is cozy and nice. The staff are amazing, the atmosphere is amazing. As the name says it is a "home" outside yours.

Amazing hostel. Great mama's dinner. Very clean. Only one thing, need real orange juice at breakfast! Not the powder!

One word..... Amazing!!!!

Perfect Hostel & best place I have ever stayed! Staff are friendly and always willing to help. Dorms are way above average. Great common areas (living room/ lounge area with ipads, TV, books, DVDs, Guitar, etc.). Mamma's dinner is amazing and the atmosphere is brilliant. I met great people at this Hostel. It is not a Party Hostel but still you have the chance to get drinks at the Bar 24/7 and stay in the common area (2nd floor) all night. Dorms are at the 4th floor which ensures sound sleep!

Definitely one of the best hostels we have stayed in. Some of the fantastic features include: free breakfast, awesome common areas with couches, TV, movie, outside patio, computers. Kitchen is good size and has everything you need. The dorm rooms have large lockers on wheels below the beds which means you can put your whole bag in and lock it easily. The below bunks have dark curtains which mean you don’t have to worry about the light. Reading lights and chargers for each bed. THE BEST!

One of the best hostel I have ever been! The staff is really nice! And the dinners coocked by Mama are a must! I also suggest to take the free walking tour in the morning (the pick you up at the hostel at around 10:30), because the guides are great (especially Rita) and they tell you so many interesting things about Lisbon.

We loved it! Best hostel ever and I've seen more than 100!

Loved my stay at Home Hostel. Definitely sign up for Mamma's dinner, it's a great atmosphere and delicious food!

• 3rd Aug 2014

No words, i started the most incredible months here and i ended here again. Nothing to complain, great hostel, great city, great people!

Location was the absolute best! It was cleaned multiple times a day and the showers were amazing, probably better than the ones at my house. Staff were friendly and mommas dinner was such a great way to meet other people. Would definitely recommend!

Meninas precisam de fichas nas casas de banho caso queiram levar seu proprio secador, secar o cabelo no quarto pode incomodar os outros hóspedes ;)

Like everyone has said it is one of the best hostels I have been to. Staff where really friendly, dinner is a great way to socialise especially if you are travelling on your own and the pub crawl was epic.

• 31st Jul 2014

Staying at Home Lisbon Hostel was like going to my own home in Lisbon. By the end of my stay, the staff and owners, both Andrés, Joãos, Barbara, Bernardo, and Mamma felt like my own family. The environment is so friendly and welcoming and the quality of accommodation is phenomenal. It was never too noisy, and there were things to do provided by the hostel. The location is perfect for all the best sights, shops, bars, and restaurants. You won't regret visiting Lisbon if you stay here, I promise.

• 31st Jul 2014

Probably the best hostel in the world! The staff was not only staff, it was like meeting brothers and sisters. We found another Mamma there cooking for us 3 courses each night for little money and always with the possibility to fill up the plate again. And the pub crawls had been fantastic. We couldn't express our gratefulness in any other way than writing and performing this song at our last dinner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCXPkqZCohg Thank you for the best time of my life! :)

• 30th Jul 2014