Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Everything was amazing! I really like the Mama's dish. She prepared the special Christmas dinner, which was fantastic! Staff is really friendly and helpful! I love this hostel so much!!!!!!

Amazing staff, so so friendly and welcoming! So homely and felt like being at home with the family especially at Christmas! The included breakfast was delicious aswell as mummas cooked dinners! It lives up to the reviews! Do not spend a night in Lisbon without staying at home hostel! Will go back again and would recommend it to everybody!

• 23rd Dec 2014

Fantastic hostel. Christmas eve dinner was super :)

Super clean, rooms comfy and spacious, dinner good - a really nice (if over-hyped) hostel overall!

I assume you are reading this because you have not been convinced by the other raving reviews, the photos or the fact that Home Lisbon Hostel was voted 2013 and 2014 1st Worldwide Medium Hostel. Having backpacked extensively throughout Europe, I can assure you this hostel wins many MANY awards for a good reason. It is impeccably clean, has an infectiously fun atmosphere and the food is very scrumptious. If you are tossing up with any other hostel, book this one - you will not be disappointed.

Best hostel ever! Everything here is perfect!

I just wish I could have stayed longer! It is such a wonderful place, no complaints. This is the only place I'll stay in Lisboa!

If I could put 200 for the atmosphere, I definitely would. Thank you guys for the outstanding job, care and the way you unite strangers into a big loving family. I'll be missing it wherever I go. Huge hugs!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The atmosphere is incredible, you make so many friends. Mama's dinner is AMAZING, not to mention she is amazing. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful. Everything about this hostel just goes above and beyond. Truly the best value for your money. (Plus, the showers and bathrooms are completely spotless and clean. Which is the greatest relief)

• 17th Dec 2014

Fantastic! Definitely lives up to its name. Felt so at home while visiting Lisbon. Mama's dinners were fantastic and there was an incredible atmosphere, great for meeting fellow travelers. Also incredibly clean and well organized. 2 thumbs up!

• 15th Dec 2014

The staff really do make you feel like you're at home. Everyone from Mama to the guys at the bar do a great job making you feel welcome even if you're traveling alone. The whole place was super clean as well. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to other travelers. This was the best overall hostel experience I've ever had.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at

• 14th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

The best hostel I've stayed at. It's beautiful and comfy. It's also located in a really convenient area, right in between all the attractions so that's a plus. The best part of the hostel is the staff--they were all super nice and helpful, and Mama is the sweetest lady! Definitely sign up for Mama's Dinner! So delicious.

• 14th Dec 2014

That's definitely the best hostel i've ever been so far. I really didn't wanna leave, and this "problem" also happened to other people that i met there. I totally recommend this place. It's clean, secure, well located, the staff is awesomeee and it's a good place to meet nice people. I made good friends during my time there, we went to the dinner and pub crawl organized by the hostel. Mama is amazing!

Best hostel I've ever stayed! The staff was very friendly and the hostel has a great value of money ans is very good and clean. I'd definitely stay there again!

• 13th Dec 2014

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Very friendly and helpful staff, modern facilities (they even have the room key as a wristband so you don't lose it!), great atmosphere. Mama's dinners are delicious. They run day trips to nearby Sintra, have free walking tours, organised pub crawls, cosy common area, bar/dining room with cheap wine and beer, comfy beds with individual lights and curtains, free breakfast that is more than just toast... A great place to stay, definitely recommend!

Joao was an amazing receptionist, the day we arrived he greeted us with some Ginja and gave a a brief yet precise explanation on all the things to do in Lisbon. Mama's dinner is a must try a great way to make some new friends ! :)

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

It feels like home! Loved it!

One of the best hostel I have ever been with a 24hrs bar opening at the reception. Staff are so friendly and willing to help you in anyway they can. Momma' dinner was also amazing. Thanks Momma

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

So home hostel is the best place I have stayed in Europe so far. it is beyond amazing :) the staff are so nice and very friendly and they really make you feel at home and mamma cooking is amazing, if u stay here make sure u eat there every night u won't regret it. They have a great atmosphere 24hrs a day. Everything is always really clean and if u have a bottom bunk bed there is curtains to make it dark which is really nice. MAKE SURE U STAY HERE

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7