Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

I have been to 30+ countries over the course of 5 years and stayed in countless hostels. Home Lisbon was easily top 3 of my life. The staff was amazing. The location was perfect. The atmosphere was great. I met other people who made my week even better. Mommas cooking and nightly dinner was a great way to meet people and eat authentic Portuguese food. The bathrooms were immaculate. The dorms were cozy and quiet. The common room was relaxing. I could go on and on. Amazing place!!!

It was a fabulous, friendly hostel with lots of room and very artistically furnished. The best part though was the camaraderie that formed with other guests during Mamma's fabulous home cooked dinners. Very good value for money.

This was an amazing experience and I would have loved to have stayed longer than the 3 days. Well designed and laid out facility, comfortable beds. The staff awesome and amazing meal and value if you opt in for Mamma's home cooked meal. Hostellers of all ages and nationalities are made to feel welcomed - truly like coming home:) I will be back!!

everything was really good!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was really satisfied with everything.^^

Thank you Home Lisbon Hostel for making my stay in Lisbon so nice!

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Poland

I've stayed in many hostels the world over and this hostel gets top marks.The staff create a fantastic atmosphere and couldn't possibly help any more than they do.They bend over backwards to do what they can to assist in any way they can.Its clean,Welcoming,fun,spacious,safe,bright

• 8th Oct 2014

I'm always skeptical about hostels that only have "awesome" reviews but I can honestly say that home was amazing and awesome! Very clean , very safe ,very comfortable beds, great people, great food. Highly recommend joining at least one free walking tour while you stay as well as have mamma's dinner! Breakfast was simple but really covered everyone's needs. I actually kinda cried when I left for my train. Because I didn't want to leave Lisbon or them!!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Clean, comfortable, and good vibes. Plus mama's homemade dinners are the best! Stay here!!

• 5th Oct 2014

The BEST BIG CITY HOSTEL I have ever been to. A very social place (attend the cooked dinner!) and the staff care/have meaningful recommendations for your time there. Just an incredible atmosphere and I didn't want to leave. Perfect for solo traveller or small group. Impeccably clean, central location, and excellent hostel facilities. Only recommendation would be to have a few more washing/drying machines available.

It´s my second time at the Home Lisbon Hostel (my second home in Lisbon) and it was perfect again.

The best hostel in the world! Lovely staff, great breakfast, super clean bathrooms and bedrooms, bed linen very clean too. Mamma's dinner is the best food that I've taste in 45 days traveling trough Europe. The most wonderful thing is that you really feel like home. I'll definitely come back.

I loved Lisbon, but the Home Lisbon Hostel is what really brought the city to life. The staff was personable, helpful, and friendly. The atmosphere was perfect, everyone went well out of their way to connect with each other, and Mama's cooking was out of this world. I'd come back to Portugal, just to stay at the Hostel once more.

• 30th Sep 2014

The best hostel in my trip hands down. The staffs are really really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great. And the sintra tour was just amazing. Great value hostel

This hostel has a perfect location close to everything. And the staff is very helpfull. It was perfect.

• 29th Sep 2014

Very good location and very friendly, cheerful and helpful staff who has all the time smile in their faces:)

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Estonia

Best hostel, mama's cooking was amazing! I have to eat gluten free and she didn't hesitate to modify her recipe for me. Wonderful staff, very helpful, we really enjoyed our stay here!!!

A great hostel experience!

I'm Mexican and been in Europe 7 times and stayed in lots of hostels since then. Home Lisbon is BY FAR the best I've stayed! As a person that works in the tourist industry for Starwood hotels, I tell you people, by staying here you will get more than a dorm: Amazing service! incredibly clean facilities! beautiful and cozy rooms! wonderful ambience, andthe cherry on the pie: Mamma's dinner! Home flavor food made and served by mamma and her great staff (MiKka, the twins and all of them are amazin

Home had a great vibe to it - was very chilled out and had a great lounge room and kitchen that made you feel right at home. There was an issue with the bathrooms - the girls ones were an absolute nightmare with not enough vanity space for everyone we were all on top of each other which was frustrating. Just need to make more bathrooms somewhere I think as there definitely weren't enough based on the amount of people staying. The bedrooms were great though!! Felt very safe and private.

Home is an amazing hostel. After traveling 5 months in Europe and have stayed in 25 hostels, I say Home is either the best hostel I have been or if not, it is definitely top 3. It is situated in a great location, the bathrooms and rooms are very clean, the staff is wonderful, mama's cooking is delicious, and they do such a great job at creating a great atmosphere that brings people together. I would recommend this hostel to anybody and I can't wait to go back. I met amazing people here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7