Home Lisbon Hostel

Superb 7435 Total Reviews

• ajacks08
  • USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
21st May 2017

I can see why this hostel has won the "Best Hostel in the World" award several times! Close to everything! Provides a real at home feeling! We extended our stay three times! And do not miss out on Mama's dinners! They are so delicious and cheap!

• Canada, Male, 31-40
21st May 2017

Stayed at Home Lisbon for 2 nights - I was a hostel newbie and things could not have gone better. The staff was very accommodating, the atmosphere inviting, and the location is in the heart of Lisbon - simple to walk to major sights and Rossio station (which takes you to Sintra for a few Euros). Bathroom facilities are very good and you get big storage lockers in the rooms (my only complaint is the bedding was a bit uncomfortable. Highly recommended - and dont miss their dinners!

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
18th May 2017

Home hostel is exactly as it looks. A very relaxed, friendly and homey atmosphere. Although we only stayed for one night we were able to see how closely knit the hostel was. You never feel left out or out of place. Mama's dinner is a must do as you meet many amazing people and have a blast while enjoying traditional homeade Portuguese food. Thanks Mama and team for making our stay that much better!

17th May 2017

Great hostel, friendly staff and plenty of opportunity to meet new people or explore the city alone with some good tips. Mamas dinner is 10 Euro, and great value for food including drinks with the meal and mixing it up with other travellers.

• Bulgaria, Female, 31-40
17th May 2017

Nice location and atmosphere, wonderful staff! It would be helpful, if the visitors are aware in advance that they need to bring keys for the security lockers themselves.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
17th May 2017

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Staff goes above and beyond to ensure you have a great time and know where to go around the city. Will definitely be back again!

17th May 2017

I've been traveling around Europe for 2 months and everyone who's heard I was going to Lisbon would immediately recommend this hostel. The staff are all extremely friendly, the group tours are phenomenal, mommas cooking excellent. If there's one hostel you want to be stuck in, this is it. Joao, Andre, rodigro, and our driver to sintra juan? Excellent staff! 10/10 would recommend!!!! Best hostel I've stayed in.

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
16th May 2017

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Staff is supercool and friendly, beds are comfy, atmosphere is amazing. The meals by Mama and the day trips make up a great week making amazing friends and creating good memories. Thanks to the surf trip with Joao I got to discover my hidden talents as a surfer as well.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
15th May 2017

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at! The staff are friendly and very genuine. Mamma is absolutely wonderful, giving her full attention to each of the guests that she speaks to. Her home-cooked meals were the highlight of my trip, and I had a few great evenings chatting to other guests over dinner. The walking tours and day trips are very much worth doing, and I felt like I was being shown around by a friend. I laughed so much during my stay here - I really hope to go back soon!

• Germany, Male, 25-30
12th May 2017

Great hostel! Nice staff, good facilities and very comfortable beds.