Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Nice hostel. Best in the world... Maybe not but still overall enjoyed our stay

Couldn't be happier with our stay at home lisbon hostel; Mica was particularly delightful! We were only there for one night and unfortunately were too tired to take part in the hostel-organized activities (communal dinner and a pub crawl), but everything was really nice and clean and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• 13th Apr 2015

Everything was really great! Momma's dinners were awesome and she is just the sweetest. They have great deals on drinks and tours around Lisbon as well. The bathrooms could be a bit improved but other than that it was great!

Very homy and nice decor, good beds and I like it that you have curtains on the lower berths for more privacy. Bathrooms were clean, breakfast was good, location is fantastic. No complaints at all, I would stay again for sure.

• 11th Apr 2015

Actually the second best HOSTEL i've ever been. Wonderful!

• 11th Apr 2015

Absolutely loved my experience and hope I get a chance to come back!

Hands down the most amazing hostel I've ever stayed in. I see now why there are so many glowing reviews! The atmosphere is pleasantly social - pretty much everyone is open and friendly and interested in meeting new people. The hostel itself was beautiful and super clean, the staff was really nice and attentive, and Mama's dinners were fantastic. They also offer lots of tours and activities, perfect if you're traveling alone. Wish I could've stayed longer. Definitely staying here next time!

The perfect hostel! The staff is very cool, Mamma makes the best food and it's really clean and comfy. The common rooms and the 24hour bar is great also! I already booked my next stay !

So far this is the hostel that I give a perfect rating of 100% and they deserve it. Great location, cool and safe place. The reception is at 2/F and the rooms at 4/F so you don't hear the noise from dining/drinking guests. They have an elevator! I was transferred from one room to another on day 2 but it's no big deal because it's the same 4-bed bedroom and the staff offered me a free drink (which I didn't take) to compensate for the inconvenience. Love the hostel--it's a home away from home! :-)

wonderful place with unbeatable atmosphere. Think if I stayed longer, would have gotten to know staff better. The dinners fill up early, so sign up quickly if you want to experience. A very social hostel, so can get a bit loud, particularly as people filter back from the pub crawls.

• 7th Apr 2015

Incredible in everyway. Would definitely stay there again.

such an amazing place, i wish i was still there! great atmosphere and lovely staff, thanks for everything!

Nice clean hostel with lockable storage under the beds. Walking tours in the morning and pub crawls in the evening very conveniently leave right from the hostel. I would definitely recommend taking the bus tour organized by the hostel to Sintra. You will get to see some great viewpoints over the coast and the van can save you some walking to the castles on the hill. I loved my stay and will return if I visit Lisbon again.

Amazing experience ...cannot be compared to anywhere else in the world. Simply the best. Amazing location, excellent dinners and hospitality. thank you to the staff and owners. We had a great time in Lisbon!

• 3rd Apr 2015

I really enjoyed this hostel. Everything was very good. I didn't have any problem during my stay. I do recomend it.

Home hostel is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in!! The staff were so friendly and helpful the whole duration of our stay, and the location is fantastic – so central! I will definitely be recommending this place to anyone travelling to Lisbon.

• New Zealand

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I loved Mamma's dinners, and there was such a great sense of camaraderie between the staff and the guests. I spent Easter there, and it really felt like a home. I was very comfortable. My friends and I were able to make dinner in the kitchen a couple nights, which was very convenient. All in all, this is a great place, and I wish every hostel I stayed in was like this one.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I was genuinely sad to leave Home Hostel. I've stayed in some great hostels over the past couple years, but nothing even comes close to the experience at Home. "Home" is the only name that accurately describes how your treated by the staff, and of course by Mamma's cooking. Please do yourself a favour and stop looking at other hostels in Lisbon. If you don't stay here, you are absolutely making a mistake. A big thank you to the staff! I can't wait to have some beers with you guys again :)

This hostel was as great as the reviews say. Amazing!

Staff made me feel like at home. Or even better because I just divorved...and anywhere is better than my ex's .house. so see you soon and thanks

• 2nd Apr 2015