Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

I am a regular hostel user around the world and Home Hostel is without the most stylish and comforting place I have ever stayed. It has the aesthetics of a boutique hotel cool lamps, big mirrors, sophisticated lighting and the ten euro dinner includes a three course meal with wine/beer and a desert wine to toast with everyone who eats together. Finally someone has come up with a concept that consolidates the loneliness of travel with the joy of a shared experience. A game changer in hostelling.

• 3rd May 2015

Most amazing hostel ever!!! We had Mama's dinner every night. It was soooo good. Beds are amazing and Wifi works great. Breakfast is also absolutely great. I already miss everybody there! Would recomment this place to everybody who goes to Lisbon.

Best stay I have ever had in a hostel. If you are going to Lisbon, don't even think about staying anywhere else. In fact, make a side trip to Lisbon, if you can, for the sole purpose of staying here and enjoying one of Mama's dinners.

I had a perfect stay at Home Hostel, atmosphere was great, staff lovely and the location very central...I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to everybody. :)

• 30th Apr 2015

Great hostel with very nice staff. Breakfast is amazing. Comfortable beds.

Don't change anything!

Best Hostel Ever ! Super nice place to stay. Very clean, amazing staff, comfortably beds, great food and drinks. 200% recommended. Thanks to Mamma, Andre and all the staff. You are great!! Obrigado!!

Great hostel! Good beds, good breakfast, amazing showers and such lovely diners made by mama! Cant ask for more!

Hands down my favorite hostel Iv stayed at and Iv traveled to 60 countries. Perfect location, super friendly and helpful staff and they truly make you feel like you are at home. P.s. The dinners cooked by moma are amazing!

Great Hostel! Dinner is a highlight.

Great hostel, great staff and great atmosphere. Met lots of people at the dinners, which are great value. breakfast was really good too, going above and beyond the norm. clean and comfortable rooms. had an awesome time at this hostel!

• 23rd Apr 2015

It was my first visit to Portugal and I had a fantastic stay at HLH !! The ambiance was amazing! A true melting of youth from all corners of the world. I cherish the people I met and the experiences we shared in Lisbon! The dinner was another splendid opportunity to interact with fellow travelers over some delicious food prepared by the mamma! I highly recommend the walking tours and pub crawls! The guides are super friendly and cool. Last but not the least the staff were very cordial !!

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • India

It is a great hostel, i stayed five nights, i did not have one complain, it was excellent specially the dinners.

Home Lisbon Hostel is nothing short of magical. Rooms are good - lower bunks have curtains. Showers are nice quality and clean. Location is prime. But what really sells this place are the people and the vibe. Mamma and her dinners are sublime. Great environment if you're traveling alone - feels like home with lots of love but also great community vibe to meet people. Hostel hosted tours of the city and Sintra are a must. Beware: This place will ruin all other hostels for you! PS: xoxo to Mamma!

Hands down the best hostel I've stayed in. Dinners are really good and the sangria is UNREAL. Everyone is so friendly and it's really easy to meet other people. The Sintra day trip was perfect, the showers were amazing, etc. Cannot recommend this place enough.

Very well run hostel. Good for young sociable people, especially with the Mama's dinner (includes free booze) and pub crawl. Less good if you want a quiet night with a spouse. Strange layout in a block of flats, with reception on 2nd floor & rooms on 4th. Very good location in city centre. Staff friendly.

Hands down the best Hostel I've stayed at. Unbelievably friendly people, and Mamas' dinners help you make friends, and try real home cooked Portuguese food. If I ever go back I will definitely stay again.

• 20th Apr 2015

This hostel has raised my expectations for any other hostel. I have never stayed in a hostel with such a great atmosphere. There are always people hanging out in the common areas and everyone comes together for mama's dinners. I met quite a few great people during my 3 day stay and would recommend this hostel for anyone also hoping to meet fellow travelers.

Breakfast is great and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7