Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

The hostel, the location, the atmosphere, the staff and especially Mamma were absolutely great! One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. I would definitely go back! Thank you, Home Lisbon Hostel, for a memorable stay in Lisbon.

The best place anybody could ever wish to stay!! Great location, the friendliest staff, the comfiest beds, the most delicious food, the cleanest facilities, the best value for money, etc, etc.!! We could not find anything to complain about.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Loved this place. Its top ranked for a reason. Amazing staff, Joao at the front is pretty cool and welcoming. Made sure I felt at home and gave solid recommendations. Don't waste time searching for another place, this place is worth the hype.

Cannot fault this hostel. It's no1 for a reason. The most beautiful workers and it makes such a difference how much they care about your stay.

Best hostel I've even been to by far. Welcoming and helpful staff, great lovation (3 minutes walking distance from the station), and the mama (one of the owner) is a very kind and warm person. She cooks each night for the guests. If you're going to Lisbon, you should definitely choose this hostel.

I absolutely LOVED Home Lisbon! Great staff, great atmosphere, and definitely eat dinner there - I miss Mamma's meals! Easily one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at, I have zero complaints.

Never wanted to leave. Best hostel in the entire world. The dinner with everyone is so nice and I felt welcomed and settled immediately. The showers are incredible and so are the other facilities. Thank you so much mama for making my lisbon experience so incredible.

Nothing less than 100%! There's a reason they've won so many awards. Thank you Home Lisbon and Mamma! Loved it here!

Best hostel I've stayed at in my travels through Europe.

They need to provide a more detailed map

This hostel was the best hostel that Ive ever visited so far during my stay in Portugal and Spain. Its location, service, cleaness, kindness, tour program... there's nothing I got disappointed with. On the day I arrived, the girl at the reception explained to me everythiing I need to know and made me feel like at home. If you are looking for a hostel in Lisbon, don't hesitate!

• 12th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Excellent place. Super chill. Great location and sense of warmth.

• 12th Jan 2015

One of the best hostels I have stayed at! The location was convenient, very clean and comfortable, the staff were very helpful and approachable, and the atmosphere of the hostel was amazing. Met people easily especially through Mamma's dinners which were affordable and always tasty. Originally wanted to eat the dinners for one night, but ended up eating every night of my stay here. Overall the hostel truly felt like home and I will definitely come back!

It was the best hostel I have ever been into my life and I have been to many. Incredible people, incredible food, atmosphere... I really had a great time and I can't wait to come back to see Mama (the mother of the owner that cooks every night for the guests)

Best hostel in the world!

• 10th Jan 2015

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The atmosphere created at Home Hostel is one that brings travelers together to share stories and have a good time. And mama's dinner really puts it over the top. I loved this place.

Most incredible hostel I've ever stayed in! The best family dinners ever!! Mama you're truly the best :) amazing staff here, very family oriented.

Exceptional hostel. 10 euros for dinner = bread, starter soup, a main course (usually with enough for seconds or even thirds for some people), and dessert, all made by Mama and some helpers. Unreal. Great, clean facilities, strong wifi, excellent staff, comfy beds....pretty much checks off everything. Excellent bar as well. The only thing I can think of as a criticism are that the toilets are not en-suite.

Best Hostel I've ever stayed, by far! The hostel is clean and beautiful. However, what really makes the difference is the atmosphere created by the extremely friendly and fun staff and off course mama's dinner.

• 8th Jan 2015

There is no place like it.. best hostel I have ever been too and doubt any will match it again. The staff are amazing; Mamma is the sweetest old lady and you genuinely feel at home here. They have a few traditions which just make you feel so happy to be apart of the warm and loving community. Most nights, after meeting other travellers, we all sat and hung out at the hostel bar. The staff suggestions for food and drinking bars was spot on and allowed for a truly unique Lisbon experience.

• 7th Jan 2015