Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This was my first hostel trip experience, and i had a blast here. Lets just say for my next experience, the bar has been set high!

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Absolutely the best hostel I have stayed at on my travels. It was so good, I had to come back again on the same trip! Mama's dinners are one of a kind. The hostel staff really make you feel at home. The location is great, right near a metro station and downtown Lisbon, and very accessible from the airport. I highly recommend this hostel.

My only complaint is that this experience has ruined all other stays at hostels because nothing will top it. This family owned establishment is incredibly warm, welcoming, and fun. Mama's Dinner is not to be missed, the staff is so helpful and friendly, the place is clean, and it has everything you need as far as kitchen, lounging, and even productivity are concerned. There is no other place I will stay in Lisbon from now on. Obrigado, Home Hostel!

• 11th Apr 2014

Fantastic hostel. Very social, Mama's 10 euro dinners were wonderful - 3 courses plus nice wine and a little shot of port or something else. Sip it, don't down it in one go! Great for meeting people. The staff were wonderful, as were the walking tour guides from Wild Walkers - Sofia and Hugo ( I may have spelt that incorrectly). The only thing I wasn't super into was the pub crawl, but I think I might be a bit over them in general. Hang around Barrio Alto instead - the first pub was there.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in, but it is slightly expensive

Top hostel in all aspects! Much more than a place to sleep. A place to meet new friends, a place to relax, to eat and drink cheap and well, and to make plans. Great location to both go out, visit the city and well connected by public transport. Security level great, there is a lock for your baggage under every bed. The decoration is amazing!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Spain

I loved my stay! The bed was comfy, staff was super friendly, and all the facilities for the use of guests was always clean! Thanks!

Wow what a hostel, I have stayed in many all over the world and I can honestly say this is one of the best and I can see why it's won so many awards. The rooms are all clean and very presentable, exactly how it looks in the pictures. The staff are all incredible and Mamma is an absolute sweetheart and her meals are delicious and great value for money. The bar is also very cheap, and they run a bar crawl every night, Tiago the rep was awesome!!! If you are in Lisbon book to stay here!!!

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at. That fact that it's own best hostel in the world for 2013 and 2014 (guessing they are monthly awards) is only proof of this. Do yourself a favour and stay here. If you regret it, I'll give you 20cents to call someone who cares.

I would say pages of good things about HLH but I can resume its qualities in a small phrase: HOME SWEET HOME!. The Hostel is perfect, very well located, with a very friendly crew, and a very special dinner prepared by and enjoyed with Mamma's presence. I can say, with no doubts in my words, HLH is one of the best hostels I stayed in, and I had very good moments there. Certainly, when in Lisbon, that's the place where I will be again. I highly recommend HLH.

Think this is the best hostel I have been to, great friendly staff, food, and atmosphere, and central location.

I really liked this hostel. Everything was perfect.

really feel at home here :)

Great location, great hostel and most all the best staff ever. So kind, always smiling and ready to help in every single situation :-) Would recommend to all

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Serbia

the only problem i found is that the reception, kitchen snd common room are on a different floor with the dorms so its a bit inconveinent. but everything is just amazing esp the design and the atmosphere there! the staffs are super nice, friendly and helpful that they suggested wonderful attractions to me. my 2 night stay really worth the money i paid. nowhere will be chosen to stay for my next trip to lisbon expect home lisbon hostel!

This hostel is THE BEST hostel I've stayed so far! The staff were so helpful and amazing, Mama's food was amazing - I've never felt so at home. (remember to pre-book for Mama's dinners) We got an amazing room and the hostel was so clean and everyone was so friendly. Definitely going back to stay at this hostel when I'm back at Lisbon! :)

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

A really, really great hostel in every way! Couldn't recommend more.

There are many great hostels in Lisbon. I've checked a few out but this is by far the best one. Everyone is so kind here. The security is great. Breakfast was very good. Very social environment in the Lobby/Dinning area. Mama is super sweet and does these amazing cooking (soup, main dish, dessert, free wine, and a shot in the end). I had a fantastic time here. Left to Lagos for a few days (Stay at Gold Coast) and came right back. Good bathroom/showers. Very clean. Great location. The Best!!

There's a reason why the ratings are so high for Home Hostel. You feel instantly welcomed as soon as you walk through the door, and you know you've found somewhere special when the staff know you by name. Mama's dinner is unbeatable, its incredibly easy to meet people with the dining/ common area, the breakfast each morning, as well as the pub crawls that happen every night. It's in the best location too! Shout out to Hugo for a great walking tour and thanks for an amazing stay guys! - Abbey

Try mammas dinner. It's so delicious but also the best way to meet new people and have a good chat. Wouldn't recommend the pubcrawl though. The bars weren't good, you can find better ones yourself. And we only went to three places! Party in the hostel was better (the staff is really cool).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7