Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Absolutely the best hostel I have stayed at on my travels. It was so good, I had to come back again on the same trip! Mama's dinners are one of a kind. The hostel staff really make you feel at home. The location is great, right near a metro station and downtown Lisbon, and very accessible from the airport. I highly recommend this hostel.

Top hostel in all aspects! Much more than a place to sleep. A place to meet new friends, a place to relax, to eat and drink cheap and well, and to make plans. Great location to both go out, visit the city and well connected by public transport. Security level great, there is a lock for your baggage under every bed. The decoration is amazing!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Spain

I loved my stay! The bed was comfy, staff was super friendly, and all the facilities for the use of guests was always clean! Thanks!

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at. That fact that it's own best hostel in the world for 2013 and 2014 (guessing they are monthly awards) is only proof of this. Do yourself a favour and stay here. If you regret it, I'll give you 20cents to call someone who cares.

Think this is the best hostel I have been to, great friendly staff, food, and atmosphere, and central location.

I really liked this hostel. Everything was perfect.

really feel at home here :)

Great location, great hostel and most all the best staff ever. So kind, always smiling and ready to help in every single situation :-) Would recommend to all

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Serbia

the only problem i found is that the reception, kitchen snd common room are on a different floor with the dorms so its a bit inconveinent. but everything is just amazing esp the design and the atmosphere there! the staffs are super nice, friendly and helpful that they suggested wonderful attractions to me. my 2 night stay really worth the money i paid. nowhere will be chosen to stay for my next trip to lisbon expect home lisbon hostel!

This hostel is THE BEST hostel I've stayed so far! The staff were so helpful and amazing, Mama's food was amazing - I've never felt so at home. (remember to pre-book for Mama's dinners) We got an amazing room and the hostel was so clean and everyone was so friendly. Definitely going back to stay at this hostel when I'm back at Lisbon! :)

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

A really, really great hostel in every way! Couldn't recommend more.

There are many great hostels in Lisbon. I've checked a few out but this is by far the best one. Everyone is so kind here. The security is great. Breakfast was very good. Very social environment in the Lobby/Dinning area. Mama is super sweet and does these amazing cooking (soup, main dish, dessert, free wine, and a shot in the end). I had a fantastic time here. Left to Lagos for a few days (Stay at Gold Coast) and came right back. Good bathroom/showers. Very clean. Great location. The Best!!

There's a reason why the ratings are so high for Home Hostel. You feel instantly welcomed as soon as you walk through the door, and you know you've found somewhere special when the staff know you by name. Mama's dinner is unbeatable, its incredibly easy to meet people with the dining/ common area, the breakfast each morning, as well as the pub crawls that happen every night. It's in the best location too! Shout out to Hugo for a great walking tour and thanks for an amazing stay guys! - Abbey

Try mammas dinner. It's so delicious but also the best way to meet new people and have a good chat. Wouldn't recommend the pubcrawl though. The bars weren't good, you can find better ones yourself. And we only went to three places! Party in the hostel was better (the staff is really cool).

I enjoyed every minute of my stay in Lisbon Home Hostel! The atmosphere is very cosy (really like home), everyone is very friendly and mama's dinner is fantastic! :)

• 20th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I've been to! Mama's dinner is a MUST. Dinner included a cauliflower soup, with bread. meat loaf with a crispy crust and a delicious berry tart dessert. It was delicious and 100% home made! Great atmosphere and central. I would go back just for Mama's dinner! I very highly recommend Lisbon Home Hostel.

• 20th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I've had the pleasure of staying in. Such a friendly atmosphere around the place, the famous Mamas dinners were only available on one of the nights I stayed which I unfortunately missed but even without that I'd highly recommend staying here. The staff and people in the hostel make it what it is but location, price and facilities were spot on too. I'll definitely stay here on my next trip to Lisbon.

• 19th Mar 2014

Just like home.... The real soul of the hostel is Home's Mamma who creates incredibly warm atmosphere at traditional Home's dinners every evening! Such events are really great and unite all the guests of the hostel in a very natural way. You can spend all the day at the hostel chatting with extremely friendly staff, reading funny notes at the walls and enjoying relaxing atmosphere of the place. Thank you! Great job!

Very good location, price, and atmosphere . Very friendly staff! :-) Wifi is available in the room. Beds are comfortable to sleep in. Breakfast is good! The only thing that may be not perfect is it is Too Dark in the Room. I'll live here again next time I visit Lisbon!

100% for this Hostel because: great atmosphere (staff is friendly, helpful, funny, you feel like being at home immediately after your arrival), nice living room (a huge TV, DVDs, books, ipads), bedrooms (wooden beds without any noises), good bathrooms (amazing shower, more than one shower!, very clean), big kitchen and the best Portuguese dinner ever - made from Mama. Big compliment to two great and nice brothers who cratered a lovely home for travellers. Thank you!

• 17th Mar 2014