Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Theres a reason this hostel already has the ratings it does! Home lisbon hostel really goes over and above. The dorm beds are big, comfy and clean with good aircon. The shower/bathroom facilities also are large and very well maintained by the staff. The kitchen has everything you need from tea and coffee to cling wrap to a hot oven! Mamas dinners are amazing and a great way to meet people. The free walking tour with Wild Walkers is recommended. Next time we are in lisbon, we are coming to HLH!

The best hostel I have stayed at! Rooms are good, comfy beds, good sized lockers and bathrooms are clean. Breakfast is only from 08:00-10:00 but you get scrambled eggs, sausages, yogurt, bread with jam or chocolate, best hostel breakfast i have encountered. All of the staff is really helpful and always in a good mood. The best thing is "mammas dinner" were Mamma will cook a 3 course meal with beer and wine included! All this for 10Euros. Great value and really social! You even get seconds!

Absolutely loved it. Had Mammas dinner each day and it was great every time! Hope to come back soon.

Fantastic hostel! Would definitely recommend!

It has been my best vacation ever and i still cannot believe how friendly all the staff of the hostel was with me! Amazing!!! Gentle, kind and ALWAYS with a BIG SMILE and willing to help for anything! ;)

• 17th Jul 2014

Very high quality hostel with great social dinners

Amazing hostel. Litually like being a home.

Just do it!!!

• Belgium

LOVED this hostel. The best I have ever stayed in. Amazing atmosphere (very good for solo travellers), lovely staff, great location, nice rooms with air conditioning!! Mama's dinner brings everyone together so well. Could not fault anything. Would recommend to anyone. Didn't want to leave! Miss this place.

Best hostel I have ever stayed!! It has a certain character that would be hard to find elsewhere.. AC's in a hostel room was a first for me! Big thumbs up! I'll have to visit Lisbon again and I know where I'll be staying the next time too. And yes, mama's dinner-bliss! I'm a vegetarian and that was the best food I had while in Portugal for 2 weeks! Keep the awesome work going!

• India

I never normally leave comments or ratings, however home hostel deserves one. Words don't do it justice. It really is an incredible place to stay. It has a great vibe, is warm and inviting. Mamma's cooking is a must. The meals are fantastic and all you can drink for 10€. Cannot go wrong. The staff are lovely and very knowledgeable nothing bad to say. Thanks for everything!!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • maherdt89
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Travelers paradise! Extremely clean, bathrooms cleaned 3-4 Times a Day! Great Location close to the Metro Station. Can get a quite Noise during nighttimes but they offer earplugs. I highly recommend!

This place is easily the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Mamma is a gem, cooking home cooked meals and the surf tours is superb. Staff and property is amazing!

Great facilities and the people working the hostel were welcoming, accommodating and generally easy-going lovely staff! The rooms were the best I've experienced with luggage storage and comfortable beds. Mamas dinners really are as good as all other reviews say - awesome way to connect with other people in a comfortable environment! Breakfast is yet another awesome point, so much variety and plent to keep you full! High recommend this to any travellers!

Definitely deserves the name "Home".

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Just an all-around awesome hostel! Hope I will get to stay there again one day!

Central location, ok internet connection, but could use better cleaning schedule.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Really great hostel. Only con for me is that you only got only one key if you were with two people. Mamma's dinner is great and a great way to meet people. Rooms are looking really classy and clean. I would recommend this hostel for sure!

Amazing Hostel. Good crowd. Pub crawl every night. Mama's dinner was always delicious. Great location. Close to metro and main area of the city. Very clean and safe. Staff were really friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend staying here. I would also recommend doing the walking tour with wild walkers in the morning to explore lisbon. Visit Sintra and Belem while staying in Lisbon. I also heard the hostels beach trip is really great.

Excellent place to stay. Loved Mama's food and her smile. Loved the tours, cheap alcohol, pub crawls, and in general just the general environment. And for Joel, I loved your hotdog (not weird at all). Trust me on this, you'll have good memories about the people you meet if you go out and open up yourself here, and that's all you can really ask for when you're traveling.

• 10th Jul 2014