Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This is the best hostel i've ever been to! The staff is very friendly, The atmosphere is great, you have a lot of facilities, the breakfast is very good,... You should really try the "mamma's dinner"! A great time to meet new people at dinner. They also have a beach trip were they take you to an awesome beach! Nothing else then good words for this hostel! Great one!

They're changing their room key system so they could only give one key per booking, you need a key to get everywhere so its inconvenient. They did give us another key on the 2nd day when we asked again, and staff were very friendly. Great hostel, will be perfect when they sort out their new key system!

So impressed by Home Hostel, I've stayed in hostels all though out Europe and can safely say that this one is by far the best! Staff are genuinely friendly people and will help you with any questions about what to do in Lisbon & the rest of Portugal, and show you how to get there. Rooms are spotless and have air con, massive individual lockers and little shelves with a port for charging electronic devices. Don't miss Mamma's dinner, great for meeting fellow travellers and an amazing 3 courses!

• 27th Jun 2014

THE BEST HOSTEL OF OUR HOLE TRIP IN EUROPE!!! Thank you to all the great staff :)

• 25th Jun 2014

Best hostel. Special thanks to Diana, Andre, and Francisco for a great beach tour. Mamas Dinner is the best deal in town as well.

Best hostel ever. Excellent location, with excellent infrastructure. The staff is the sweetest, and the food and atmosphere are amazing. Certainly will come back, already miss the place!

This review will be very redundant, but staying here has been the best hostel experience I have ever had. I was traveling alone, but never felt alone. Everyone from the staff to the people staying here are all super friendly. The vibe the staff creates is the best. Momma's dinner is as amazing as other people have said. Do the pub crawl and walking tour! They started doing a beach trip which was also a great time.

Had an amazing time! Thank you for everything! Only thing I'd change would be time for breakfast. Finishing at 10am was a bit too early, especially for the ones going to the pub crawl. 11am would be perfect.

• 23rd Jun 2014

This is the place to stay in Lisbon! Everything you wish a hostel would be. I've stayed in many hostels now, and would say this one is one of the best I've ever stayed at. Staff is lovely, location is amazing, the rooms are beautiful, beds have curtains for privacy and a light and plug. Mama's dinner is the best thing ever. I could go on and on about everything that was so amazing, but you should just go here yourself!

The hostel is amazing...I felt like I was at home. The nightly dinners are a must. The staff is amazingly helpful and they are always willing to help you on anything. Not to mention that I loved the rooms, beds and the personal decoration of the place. My favorite hostel in the world.

We were a little skeptical of the "world's best hostel" reviews, until we got to Home. From the very beginning, the staff are incredibly kind and helpful upon entrance. The rooms are well-kept, clean and modern. It has everything you need (WiFi, bar open 24 hours, pay laundry, kitchen). The part that stands out, however, is the atmosphere. The travelers were all friendly and cordial and open to mingling and doing things together, and a big part of that is the nightly dinners cooked by "Mom."

Only place to stay in Lisbon!

We loved our stay! The staff was friendly and very helpful. Fun! Great value beer and wine at the bar! Walking distance to everything we wanted to see. Would definitely stay here again.

• 21st Jun 2014

Second time here, this time with friends for a bachelor party and they weren't disappointed!!! The staff is always nice, Mama still cooks like a chef for 50 people and the place itself is just amazing...comfy bed, big lockers, hightech kitchen, big TV with hundreds of DVDs for rainy days, iPads, books, a really cheap bar, and all right in the center of the city at a walking distance of everything...what else can you ask for when going to a hostel?! I will definitely see their faces again

amazing! can't hope for a place more welcoming with such a good atmosphere

• 20th Jun 2014

A great hostel, I came here the previous year and knew I wanted to come back. It's the sort of place where you just feel welcome and comfortable. The rooms are a good size, there facilities have everything you need and the are plenty of places to socialize and chill out. There is he option for an evening meal with the hosts and I highly recomend it, the food is traditional Portuguese dishes.

• 20th Jun 2014

Amazing hostel! One of a kind. I felt at home in this hostel. Facilities were amazing. It is also a fair-trade hostel. I don't think they advertise that here. Anyway, book this without hesitation! Best for solo travellers. You meet a lot of people here. It is about 15-20 minute walk to V&A Waterfront (which is probably the most touristic area in Cape Town) but you can take a $5 cab ride from the hostel - which is recommended especially at night. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly.

Home already has dozens of excellent reviews and now I understand why. This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff is incredible! Everyone is always smiling and willing to help. The food is phenomenal. The decor of the hostel is beautiful. I don´t have a single complaint about Home. I will certainly be back there one day. It is a one of kind place and I am so happy I had the opportunity to stay there and meet the Home ´family´. Thanks to everyone for their hospitality!

Mama makes the best food in Portugal. Shout out to Tiago and his pub crawls they made the nights fun and exciting.

• 19th Jun 2014

A really great hostel, loved it!

• 18th Jun 2014