Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

I would recommend this hostel to absolutely everyone traveling in Lisbon. The staff are incredibly friendly and really make an effort to get to know you! Mama's dinner is reasonably priced and possibly the best food I have ever had outside of a restaurant. And the rooms and bathrooms remained impeccably clean throughout the weekend. Staff were not always fully informed about the details of walking tours/pub crawls, but I understand as those come from an outside company

This hostel is amazing! It was very clean, the staff was great, Mama's meal is a must! (and they have a veggie option). I didn't have a blast on the pub crawl but otherwise it was perfect!

• 25th Sep 2015

非常棒的体验,没有之一,在里斯本老城区,除去贝伦区其余步行即可到达景点。

• 24th Sep 2015
  • China

This is a MUST stay place to go. "Mamma's" dinners are more than worth the price. Make sure you eat at least one of them. The positives outweigh the negative. The one negative was the lighting in the bedroom. Even in the daytime the you could not see into the drawers. Love the beds. You can sit up in them, and if you are on a bottom bunk- you can close the curtain for privacy. The staff was wonderful! And I loved the Sintra tour hosted through the hostel.

Great hostel, can't say anything bad about it, location is superb. The price is little higer then I used to, but de allround quality is more than worth it. For Lisbon THE hostel you want to be for your stay there!

• 23rd Sep 2015

Fantastic hostel. Amazing atmosphere and the staff are so friendly, they will help out with anything you need. Best hostel I have been to, Mamma's dinner is a must at least one time. The feel of the place creates a really nice friendly atmosphere so everyone becomes friends in no time. Suitable for all ages, I met people from 20-50 If I were to come to Lisbon again, I'll go back 'Home' The city is amazing, so close to beautiful beaches and Sintra is also a must.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Wales

Outstanding! I enjoyed myself from the moment I was checked in by the lovely Mika. Excellent place to meet friendly travellers. Make sure you eat Mama's delicious cooking. I can't talk this place up enough.

Ideal location. Great well thought out, clean rooms & common areas. The staff were all fantastic. Mamas dinners were delicious and great for meeting other guests. Really enjoyed the day trip to Sintra. Best (of many) city hostel I've stayed in. Loved the city and loved this place, if your not careful you'll never leave!

It's simply your Home away from home! The best hostel I have stayed during my 3 months long of traveling Europe! Love to go back again.

• 20th Sep 2015

Great stay in the girl's dorm. Very impressed with the hostel and staff, you could tell that real effort had gone into catering to the needs of guests. The whole place was very clean and i enjoyed the extra touches such as hairdryers in every room and bathroom. 5-10 minutes from the waterfront and very close to a metro station.

• 20th Sep 2015

Hands down, best hostel I've ever stayed at. Amazing location, spotless/beautiful facilities, and the staff is second to none. I stayed here for a week and a half and from day one it was like home. You MUST do the dinners! They are delicious, home-cooked meals prepared by "Mama" and a bargain at 10 euros. There is something special going on here - the environment is unlike any other. Perfect for meeting other like-minded travelers. Thanks to everyone at Home Hostel for making my stay so amazing!

Everything was amazing about this place. Don't think twice before booking your place!

• 18th Sep 2015

Solo backpacking for two years this is the best hostel I have stayed in. Staff were brilliant, other travellers were great (likeminded, wanting to explore, inclusive etc). The hostel itself was perfect! Clean everything, the beds were solid and didn't creak and shake, each bed had own light and plug point. Breakfast was included and brilliant everything from eggs, baked goods, cereal, yoghurt etc. Security 100%, big storage under bed free of charge. Enough toilets and showers. Thanks HLH

Could not fault this hostel. The hospitality was excellent and the staff so helpful and friendly. Thank you so much everyone for a great stay!! =)

Great hotel obviously. 2 bad points though: - I do not understand why the bathroom are located on both ends of the corridor. One is for female and the other for male. If you are on the wrong side, you need to walk a long way... - The pub crawl was disappointing. The night club (Beach club) is great but the bars are terrible especially when you see that there are so many and they are crowded and you end up in an empty one with only people from different hostels... Overall great place.

This place was fantastic! It's a bit out on the edge of the city, but I highly recommend it! Mama is incredibly sweet and the staff is fantastic and helpful.

Very nice and friendly Hostel. Whenever I will come to Lisbon I am definitely staying here.

You can definitely see why this hostel is voted best in Europe. I've never felt more welcome in a hostel and the staff are amazing and do everything they can to make you feel at home. Also don't forget to sign up for mamas dinners! Highly recommended.

One the best hostels I have ever stayed!! I definitely will come back there! Nice Atmosphere and I will advice you to try at least one dinner with Mamma!

Fantastic hostel. Superb location close to Praca do Commercio (heart of the city). Ancient, atmospheric place, nice staff, good place to meet people, but not a party hostel. Nice dorms with curtains at your bed/ individual light/ pole to plug in. Very clean and efficient bathrooms. Excellent breakfast. I did not have the opportunity to share the dinner, but that must be excellent as well. Good information on Lisbon and around + free walking tour.