Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Definitly the best hostel we did in Portugal. Mama is must in herself. For 10€, an excellent meal with drinks, starter, main course and sweeeet desser Almost eat as much as you can. And all at a big table where meeting and talking to your neighbors is so easy. Nightcrawl is not recommanded though so we did not do it, did iot by ourselves. Rooms are very good, and bathroom are also very high standard. Free breakfast, very beautifull and nice top-model at reception (she's still studying though)

I had the most incredible time at Home Lisbon Hostel. From the moment i arrived the staff were so welcoming. Mamma's dinner was amazing, we didn't eat anywhere else as the food, the company and mamma were just too good to miss! I loved this hostel and will definitely be going back!

• 5th Sep 2014

This was my first stop on my 3 month solo backpacking trip through Europe and I'm so glad I stayed here!! The happy hour and dinner was a perfect way to meet other people. I loved it so much I stayed an extra day!

• 4th Sep 2014

This is the best of the best hostel there is! Great rooms, amazing staff, amazing atmosphere... My stay here was just perfect! Mamma's dinner was incredible, and the free breakfasts were also the best! A great hostel to meet people since the hangout areas are so well decorated. Just the best time staying at Home :)

This place is AMAZING! Great staff, amazing dinners, so easy to meet people and loads of activities ... 100% recommend, definitely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at—I miss it!

Fantastic hostel! I would absolutely recommend it! It's perfect if you're traveling alone, super easy to meet other people. Clean, nicely decorated, you have a curtain for your bed so you can get some privacy and hide from the daylight if you want to sleep daytime and there's a big drawer under the bed where you can unpack and lock all your stuff in. Amazing place, well worth the award Best hostel!

Great hostel! Very nice staff! Loved the dinners! Access to all kind of activities (walking tours, beach) that are a great way to discover Lisbon. Thank you!

• 1st Sep 2014

They say it's one of the best hostels in Europe and it's true. This is the best hostel I've ever been. It's very clean, it's very comfortable. Reception desk is actually in a bar open 24 hour. Every night are Mama's dinners, which are very delicious. Time spent in this hostel was the best time during my trip.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Poland

This was definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Great facilities and great atmosphere. Would 100% recommend others to come stay here.

No complaints! I loved this place! It really felt like home. Nice location, helpful staff, easy to meet other travelers. Loved the "key" they provide (can be worn like a watch so hard to lose).

The staff were very friendly and helpful. When checking in, the staff member took quite some time to explain all the things on offer in the hostel and showed me the computer / tv room / laundry etc. The rooms were spacious, and there were large lockers underneath a the beds which could store your whole suitcase under lock and key. The bar was awesome - 1 euro sangrias. One night the barman made the Portuguese delicacy sausage for everyone for free and served it with bread! Had lots of fun here

Overrated hostel. The location is great and that's about all. Mamas dinner was ok, but over booked and everyone was sitting on top of each other. No organisation. The beds in our room - all 3 bunks squeaking really bad. No light in the bedrooms. The hair dry also did not work. Not sure why a lot people claim it be the best hostel??? Much better around.

One of my favorite hostels I stayed at during a 3 month trip. Very secure, they even have security cameras and give you a key on a wristband- convenient for those bar crawl nights. I chose this hostel because of the reviews for Mama's dinners- unfortunately I only had a chance to experience 1 because she went on her vacation the next day. It was still worth it. Very social which is very appreciated when you are traveling alone. Also has luggage drawers which are great!

One of the best hostels.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Finland

My stay was great. Friendly and welcoming staff. And to meet the host, the Mamma, was a pleasure. She is very sweet, open and charming. I had the opportunity to sign up for the dinner which was great because the food was delicious and I got to meet other travelers.

I love this hostel! The first stop of my trip and I have nothing to complain! The staff (especially Andre and the other boys) were so helpful and nice. Room and the bed is very comfortable and the dinner n pub crawl is a good time to meet. I'll definitely come back!

One of the best home style hostels in Lisbon.

Great location. Mamma's dinner was really good.

Again a great staying in Home, will be back soon!

• 27th Aug 2014

I am a 26 year old female and traveled alone to this hostel. I have traveled a lot and have stayed at a lot of hostels and I would say this is probably the best hostel I have ever stayed at. I had an incredible experience-- it was very very easy to meet people, staff were both friendly and helpful, and the city itself is amazing. I would highly highly highly recommend this hostel to both experienced travelers and new comers alike. :D