Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

The staff was very friendly and helpful and everything was super clean! The hallway even smelled like roses.

• 14th Apr 2015

Nice hostel. Best in the world... Maybe not but still overall enjoyed our stay

Quite honestly the best hostel i have ever stayed in. The decor has been so well thought out to make you feel right at home, all the staff are beautifully helpful, the drinks are great value for money and best of all... Mamma's cooking each night! It offers a real slice of Portugal that you can not find anywhere else! Thank you for making my stay in Lisbon so great! Would recommend this hostel to all! Much love, Danny Petherick.

Couldn't be happier with our stay at home lisbon hostel; Mica was particularly delightful! We were only there for one night and unfortunately were too tired to take part in the hostel-organized activities (communal dinner and a pub crawl), but everything was really nice and clean and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• 13th Apr 2015

I have a wonderful week in this hostel

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

Everything was really great! Momma's dinners were awesome and she is just the sweetest. They have great deals on drinks and tours around Lisbon as well. The bathrooms could be a bit improved but other than that it was great!

Very homy and nice decor, good beds and I like it that you have curtains on the lower berths for more privacy. Bathrooms were clean, breakfast was good, location is fantastic. No complaints at all, I would stay again for sure.

• 11th Apr 2015

Actually the second best HOSTEL i've ever been. Wonderful!

• 11th Apr 2015

This is by far the best hostel that I have ever stayed in. I have done a fare amount of traveling for my age (24) and I can say that this was indeed a home than a hostel. I highly recommend participating in the dinners at night, you will not be mistaken. I recommend the tours that are FREE and amazing, by the Wild Walkers. Hugo and Sofia are great. Gil runs the pub crawls and cares a great deal foe you feedback as well. Next time I'm in Portugal, this will be my home again.

Perfect location in the heart of Lisbon, few steps from metro/trams, great staff - all of them so friendly, nice, helpful. Rooms are nice, clean with a bit of privacy (curtains on lower bed), lockers for luggage. Coffee and tea limitless 24 h, big and really good breakfast. Many nice and useful facilities in many places, really good atmosphere & soul.

Most of the staff at the hostel was warm and welcoming and willing to assist us with questions. The food that the owner of the hostel made on Friday night was delicious and it built a strong camarederie amongst the guests.

• 10th Apr 2015

Absolutely loved my experience and hope I get a chance to come back!

It is always a pleasure to stay in Home Hostel Lisboa! I always recommend it to my friends and always stay there when I visit Lisbon.

Hands down the most amazing hostel I've ever stayed in. I see now why there are so many glowing reviews! The atmosphere is pleasantly social - pretty much everyone is open and friendly and interested in meeting new people. The hostel itself was beautiful and super clean, the staff was really nice and attentive, and Mama's dinners were fantastic. They also offer lots of tours and activities, perfect if you're traveling alone. Wish I could've stayed longer. Definitely staying here next time!

The perfect hostel! The staff is very cool, Mamma makes the best food and it's really clean and comfy. The common rooms and the 24hour bar is great also! I already booked my next stay !

So far this is the hostel that I give a perfect rating of 100% and they deserve it. Great location, cool and safe place. The reception is at 2/F and the rooms at 4/F so you don't hear the noise from dining/drinking guests. They have an elevator! I was transferred from one room to another on day 2 but it's no big deal because it's the same 4-bed bedroom and the staff offered me a free drink (which I didn't take) to compensate for the inconvenience. Love the hostel--it's a home away from home! :-)

Very enjoyable time spent at Home Hostel Lisbon. Great atmosphere, genuine people & divine Mama's cooking! Found my new Lisbon HQ.

wonderful place with unbeatable atmosphere. Think if I stayed longer, would have gotten to know staff better. The dinners fill up early, so sign up quickly if you want to experience. A very social hostel, so can get a bit loud, particularly as people filter back from the pub crawls.

• 7th Apr 2015

Incredible in everyway. Would definitely stay there again.

such an amazing place, i wish i was still there! great atmosphere and lovely staff, thanks for everything!