Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Excellent atmosphere. Helpful staff. Easy access to everywhere. And mum's dinner is great!!!

Everything is perfect. Mammas dinner is amazing. Staff is extremely friendly. Rooms are unbelievably clean and very comfortable. They organize free walking tours, which was very good (with a guy named Gonzalo). The best hostel that I have stayed in till date. No wonder it is the second best hostel in the world!

Honestly like home. This is perfect for solo travellers. The description is very accurate with all facilities. Momma made the best dinners! Awesome value. It was incredibly hard to leave this place. The staff were beyond what I've ever experienced. The staff should be extremely proud! #1 hostel!

I wouldn't give the hostel itself a 98%, I mean, it's reeeeeeally good one, but maybe not the best in the world. BUT, if you add the atmosphere, the staff, the mama's dinners and the PRICE! Than it is a 110% Hostel! Super recommended! Don't miss mama's dinners!

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! Be sure to try Mama's dinner every night! (:

Best hostel we've stayed in. Everything you want a hostel to be.

Everything was perfect except the electric power base beside my bed was a little loose that my IPhone plug fell off from it in the midnight and fell down just through the nitch between the bed and the wall, which was beyond my reach, and it finally took me more than half an hour to move out the big drawer under my bed and get my charger out by using all the tools available in the room, which made me exhausted…

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • China

Everyone recommends this hostel and I have to agree with them. It's in Baixa neighborhood which is great during the day, but by night everything closes and you want to be in Bairro Alto (pro/con depending on time). Staff is excellent and I wish I had stayed in for at least one night of Momma's cooking! Downsides: a little pricey depending on the nights and the wifi wasn't working at all, so you had to wait for someone to get off one of the two computers for internet (and no way to use a cell).

the best hostel i've ever seen..

Staff members makes you feel really at home. Mama´s dinner it´s perfect!!! Do not dare to miss it!

Staff were super friendly and helpful, place was cozy. Only disappointment was the wifi wasn't working well so it was difficult to get online, but it sounds like this wasn't the hostel's fault. There were a lot of young people looking to party, but that was no surprise!

• 31st Oct 2013

The only bad thing was that there was no wi-fi, but for all of the rest is a very good place to stay.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Costa Rica

mamma is who makes this hostel amazing, unfortunately there was no wifi for the 6 nights we stayed at home hostel. also didn't enjoy the trek to the bathroom in the middle of the night

I had a great time at the Home hostel! Nice and friendly staff, very clean room with a wonderful bed. The showers are very good and the toilets are very clean. And mamma's diner is delicious! The location is very central, it's in the middle of the city center... All the good spots of Lisbon are on walking distance... I can't wait to come back to this hostel!

• 30th Oct 2013
  • SweetSandra

It was my second stay at home and all I can say that Home is still home :) Could not be better...

"Just loved it ... all staffs are great, I've never been in a place like that. I felt like at home."

I've been backpacking Europe for the last 4 months and this is literally the best hostel I've stayed in. It feels more like a hotel. The staff is super friendly, the beds are SOO comfortable, each bed comes equipped with a curtain/light/outlet, the storage under the bed is HUGE, and the Mammas homecooked dinners are AMAZING. The free walking tour was a good way to see the city and meet people, and the pub crawl was also fun. I would definitely stay here again.

Home Hostel is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff are friendly, the facilities clean, the lounge amazing, and Mamma's dinner is delicious! Thanks to all the staff for a memorable stay.

Lockers under bed are good size. Security prior to checking in is not as good, but okay. Mattress though supposedly new were not the best, but good enough. Breakfast is included, but nothing special. Have has much worse, but also better.

Amazing hostel with big beds, drawers that fit the entire luggage, and "bracelets" that gives you access to the main entrance, the reception/living room, and the room. It feels nice and safe. Every night you can choose "mama's dinner". Do that! It's amazing, and you'll meet a lot of people! Every day there is a free walking tour. We went with Vera, which was a really nice tour! The bathrooms and toilets are always clean, I never experienced cold water! Nice staff!!

• 26th Oct 2013