Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Nice clean hostel with lockable storage under the beds. Walking tours in the morning and pub crawls in the evening very conveniently leave right from the hostel. I would definitely recommend taking the bus tour organized by the hostel to Sintra. You will get to see some great viewpoints over the coast and the van can save you some walking to the castles on the hill. I loved my stay and will return if I visit Lisbon again.

I really enjoyed this hostel. Everything was very good. I didn't have any problem during my stay. I do recomend it.

Home hostel is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in!! The staff were so friendly and helpful the whole duration of our stay, and the location is fantastic – so central! I will definitely be recommending this place to anyone travelling to Lisbon.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I loved Mamma's dinners, and there was such a great sense of camaraderie between the staff and the guests. I spent Easter there, and it really felt like a home. I was very comfortable. My friends and I were able to make dinner in the kitchen a couple nights, which was very convenient. All in all, this is a great place, and I wish every hostel I stayed in was like this one.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I was genuinely sad to leave Home Hostel. I've stayed in some great hostels over the past couple years, but nothing even comes close to the experience at Home. "Home" is the only name that accurately describes how your treated by the staff, and of course by Mamma's cooking. Please do yourself a favour and stop looking at other hostels in Lisbon. If you don't stay here, you are absolutely making a mistake. A big thank you to the staff! I can't wait to have some beers with you guys again :)

This hostel was as great as the reviews say. Amazing!

Staff made me feel like at home. Or even better because I just divorved...and anywhere is better than my ex's .house. so see you soon and thanks

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Amazing time at Home Lisbon Hostel! Seriously the nicest staff I've ever had a hostel. Try Mama's dinners, they're delicious. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone going to Lisbon.

My friend and I had an absolutely wonderful stay! Loved the fact that staff helped accommodate us in every way possible. My booking was made in 3 parts and reception staff switched things around to ensure I was able to stay in the same room/bed and didn't have to change and my friend was still allowed to join dinner and tours even though she had changed hostel for the last night(fully booked). The trip to Sintra with Francisco was fantastic! Really couldn't have asked for more from a hostel! 💗

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Scotland

We spent three nights in this hostel and it was awesome! It's really like if you were at home. The people are great, helpful and I can really recommend their walking tours (we did ours with Rita - she is great btw) and you should really really book their tour to Sintra. You'll love it! :) Further it's the cleanest hostel I've ever been to! It's just amazing :)

• 31st Mar 2015

It is an amazing hostel. Facilities are great. Family dinners are great. Common areas are great. Staff is great. It's hard to imagine the person that wouldn't love this place. Best hostel ever. "Yes!" Hostel is a good alternative if you want more of a party hostel, though.

Deborah I love you. PS: sorry for taking the locker, I didn't notice I had it on me! :( You guys rock, I loved staying at your hostel!!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Spain

It was a great stay. And mami's dinner is amazing!! Highly recommended!!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

Top quality hostel. Have travelled across Europe and stayed in many hostels - this was one of the best I've ever stayed in.

Loved it!! Had a great time, would love to stay in hostels like this right around the world. One thing: the directions from the metro were really good but I would have appreciated a photo of the front door from the street being on the website. It would have made me feel more secure in knowing where I was going. Also some better directions from the front door to the reception. Fantastic place to Stay, my thanks to everyone working there.

• 27th Mar 2015

Great hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. Very tasty food cooked by mamma. Good beds with curtains for added privacy. Pub crawl was maybe a bit expensive but was a good way to meet people as it was always very busy. Lovely dining hall/ bar and chill out room with huge selection of DVDs and books in case you wanted to relax.

Cant rate this place high enough on my second night in lisbon i left my wallet in a taxi lost everything the staff here went above and beyond to help by not having to pay up front and even when they had no beds left They put me in the staff room until i could sort out all my stuff. Just a fantastic hostel with great meals cooked by mumma and the best staff. Nothing bad to say.

One of the best Hostels I'fe ever been the last 40 years :-) Staff very friednly and helpfull

Amazing food cooked by Mama every night. Super friendly staff always up for a chat and really helpful with advice what to do. Really know how to create a great atmosphere. Clean facilities and superb dorms. Every bed with plug, light and a little bench thing to store personal belongings at night. Lockers big enough to lock whole backpacks. Great location, can walk everywhere. Pub crawl every night and tours organised to Sintra and beaches in summer. Great value for money!

It is a good hostel, but the female bathroom is quite a long way to walk from another side of the floor, as there is only one bathroom for the whole hostel (i mean one room with a few facilities), that is why i believe it would be nice to have at least a sink in the bedroom :)