Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Home Lisbon was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. João and all the staff really go out of their way to make you feel welcome and to create an open, friendly, social atmosphere. It's easy to meet people in the cozy common areas, which also have plenty of outlets for charging. Of course, Mama's dinner was amazing. Pragmatics: large beds with individual lights and outlets, huge lockers, large bathrooms, free locks, towel 2€, excellent location, generous breakfast, amazing walking tour.

The best hostel I`ve ever been. The atmosphere is the main thing, I really felt like home there. Besides, the beds are so comfortable, the shower is excellent, everything and mainly the bathrooms are very clean. I loved, have nothing to complaint! It`s an excellent deal for the price!

Home is truly a home away from home. The hostel is gorgeous, the staff are welcoming and really try to get to know you, and the fellow travelers there are fun and friendly. Mama's dinner is delicious and one of kind. I cannot speak highly enough of Home.

Best hostel i've ever stayed at

If you ever want to open up a hostel, you should def visit this hostel. Whoever created this place must either be a frequent hostel "stayer" or a genius. It is amazingly clean.The beds are so comfortable that I didn't even miss my own bed.The location is perfect. Curtains creates personal space while you are in your bed with outlet, shelf and night lamp. You can also eat dinner with people from all over the world, cooked by the amazing and lovely Mama (three courses €10). Amazing bar and staff

It was amazing :)

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Iran

Great to meet you in Lisbon! it's my best stay in Europe.

I had great stay and mama's food was incredible ! I use to travel In hostels all around the world and it's In my top 3 :) i recommend it ! You will feel like at home

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

prefect location, delightful staff, great organized trips, and the best hostel dining experience one could ask for. don't even consider anywhere else. Well done!

Most amazing hostel experience ever!

The hostel is amazing! Perfect location, very good breakfast, very clean. The facilities are good, but the beds were a little squeaky. The staff is very nice as well, always smiling! That makes the whole difference. There are other amazing hostels in Lisbon, but this one has been my favorite so far.

I cannot say enough good things about this place! Dinners are amazing and are a must every night! The rooms are great and have very cozy beds and the bathrooms are spotless. The staff is absolutely wonderful and truly do make you feel like you are at home, they all knew my name after my first day of staying there. And they do an awesome trip to Sintra daily which is inexpensive and much easier then going by yourself. I will be back!

Best Hostel I have ever been too! Great people, amazing offers to see the city and cool recommendations!

• 9th Mar 2015

Very warm and cozy place to be. Staffs are so friendly, helpful and very professional. I felt sick one day and staffs made sure if I need any medicine or anything to make me feel better. I like the living room so much. It's such a relaxing area. Bed was comfy with curtain to make it privacy. I've never had bed with curtain before in any hostel in Europe. Dinners were nice but I felt that some menu is a bit pricey for 10 Euros. Hostel is in the center of Lisbon close to many main sites. Recommend

Great stay here! Mamas dinners are worth going. 3 courses for 10€ and free beer or wine with dinner. free breakfast included eggs and sausage!! Good location, near the water and lots of shops & restaurants. Comfy beds and the bottom bunks have privacy curtains/ all beds had a light and outlet. Highly recommend

Friendly, welcoming and lovely staff who were great to hang out with, happy to help and keen to answer any questions. Mamma's dinners were indeed delicious, served with free alcohol in a room full of revelling hostel guests. Free breakfast every day was very good, with a range of food and drink. The bedrooms were spacious, with large and secure drawers to safely store your luggage. The toilets and bathrooms were immaculately clean with hot and powerful showers. Awesome place.

Normally in a hostel I look after myself but in Home hostel they looked after me.

Best hostel ever!!! You will enjoy every single day in Lisboa with a stay there!

• 7th Mar 2015

Perfection in a hostel! I highly recommend this extraordinary hostel! My friend and I have been exploring Europe from hostel to hostel and this by far has been the best! Mama is so tenderhearted with her delicious homemade meals and warm hugs. The beds were very comfortable with convenient outlets and lights at each bed. Great location with easy accessibility to all the popular spots in Lisbon!

Every thing a 100% ,thanks