Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

I want to come back to Lisbon just to stay at this hostel again! I've stayed in a lot of hostels, this was the best I've ever been!! The best atmosphere!! These kind of places were owners looks like just don't care about your money, you can really feel like you're at home

no words to adequately describe this place. the staff is incredible, its so easy to meet people, the food is delicious, you feel right at home. i was in lisbon by myself yet i never felt alone there... always people looking out for you and even if it's the middle of the night you can head down to the lobby and have someone to talk to all night. it's no surprise at all that home won best hostel of the year, 10/10!! also the pub crawl boys are wonderful (shout out to you mario)

• 30th Dec 2014

Best hostel in Lisbone!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in - and I've stayed in a lot. The evening meals really make the place - it forces everyone together (which is what everyone secretly wants ;-) ). Great social life, quiet dorms (because they're well away from the communal areas), comfy beds, perfect balance of chill-out and party (I'm not into the pure party hostels, but it's easy to find people to go out with here - there is also an optional bar-crawl every night, which joins several hostels together).

This hostel is worth the hype really nice place. Mama's dinner is the best in town. They have amazing facilities and the hostel is really clean

Best hostel ever!!! Mamas dinner just perfect and makes the diference!

• 28th Dec 2014

Home Lisbon is a wonderful place, when you're eating Mama's dinner with everyone you truly feel like your part of something special. A great place for lone travellers who want good company, I'd also highly recommend the walking tour & the day trip to Sintra.

Very cozy! I personally like the decor a lot. location is good too. many attractions are within walking distance. it's a pity that I didn't have a dinner there.

• 27th Dec 2014

Great hostel, extremely friendly staff, good food & around the clock bar, what else could you need? ;)

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Wonderful 1st contact and the others ( contacts ) also. Good everyday dinner. Very good feeling with the team managing the place. Location in Lisbonne center. ...

Everything was amazing! I really like the Mama's dish. She prepared the special Christmas dinner, which was fantastic! Staff is really friendly and helpful! I love this hostel so much!!!!!!

Amazing staff, so so friendly and welcoming! So homely and felt like being at home with the family especially at Christmas! The included breakfast was delicious aswell as mummas cooked dinners! It lives up to the reviews! Do not spend a night in Lisbon without staying at home hostel! Will go back again and would recommend it to everybody!

Fantastic hostel. Christmas eve dinner was super :)

It was absolutely lovely hostel! Very kind staff, nice rooms nad bathrooms and "Mama" and her dinners are fabulous:). I would recommend it to everyone staying in Lisbon. It's probably the best hostel I have even visited. Thank you guys!

Certainly one of the top hostels. Nice breakfast and dinner prepared by Mama! (though 10euro for dinner is a bit pricey) They even gave us X-mas present! Location, atmosphere, facilities are the highlights of this place. I don't know why you would go any other hostel...

First class. Best hostel Ive ever stayed at.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Best hostel i've ever stayed! The staff is super nice, the beds are very good, the bathrooms were aways clean, the locker is huge and there is this amazing lady we call "mamma", that is actually the mother of the owner of the hostel, that cooks for the guests every night!

Is there a better hostel in the world? I really don't think so! Everything is amazing! The Mama's Dinner is a must and the staff is one of the most friendly I've ever seen! Congratulations for your work!

The best and mostly lovely hostel I have ever been to. Great way to get to know new people from all over the world. The staff is super friendly and doesn't say no to go to a bar after their shift. Plus: Mamma makes the most delicious Portuguese food you can find in Lisbon. She even prepared veggie dinner just for me!

Super clean, rooms comfy and spacious, dinner good - a really nice (if over-hyped) hostel overall!