Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Was travelling alone and this hostel was fantastic to stay at, met so many people during Mama's wonderful dinners, staff are all friendly, hostel is clean and Is a great location. Would recommend to anyone looking for a hostel in Lisbon, and would definitely stay here if coming back.

• 15th Sep 2015

Staff were amazing, so welcoming - especially Mika! I have never stayed in a hostel that was kept so clean all the time. Best showers, and the beds were so comfy! Would tell everyone to stay there!

Dinners were fantastic, best way to meet people. Say hi to Mamma! Rooms are secure and clean. Washrooms are ample and clean. One of the best hostels I've ever been in. Would recommend and will return.

Amazing place, definitely the best hostel I've stayed in so far!! Mama's meals are fantastic, staff are so helpful and friendly, and a great place to meet people! Would definitely stay here again!

It was a very pleasant stay. The staff was so warm and Mamma serves amazing food for dinner. I felt so welcomed there. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed

This place is nothing but amazing. Well facilitated, beautifully designed, a location that can't be bitten, and above all, a warm, friendly, as well as highly professional crew, that always there for you, above and beyond. It is also an awesome platform to meet new people. Check for Mom's dinner, you won't regret it!

I really loved the friendly staff! Every evening there is something organized by the hostel so it's really easy to get connected to people and make different things together. The facilities are very clean, the location is great and I really enjoyed my stay! I travelled the first time by myself and Home Hostel made it a great experience. Thank you!

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Bulgaria

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. I was hesitant to believe the reviews, but they are true. I think we could have been provided a bit more information when we first arrived, but we quickly learned the rules about dinner etc. Mamma was wonderful! Food was delicious! Bathroom smelled a bit, but I actually think it was the air freshener. Super clean though. Had a great time. Will be recommending it to friends, and definitely would stay again!

I had a wonderful stay at the Home. Looking forward to a return visit.

• 10th Sep 2015

It was such an amazing experience! Having never stayed in a hostel before, this was a fantastic first time experience. I would recommend it to anyone...mama is just the best!

• 10th Sep 2015

This was my first hostel experience. I had really low expectations about hostels while planning my Europe Trip but was pleasantly surprised by Home Lisbon Hostel! The bedrooms and bathrooms were very clean, the staff were amazing and helpful. Mama's Dinner was also a great experience. I was able to meet new people while enjoying a good meal. I would stay here again if I return to Lisbon.

Probably the best all-around hostel experience I've had. It attracts really good people (while I was there), home cooked meals every night are great, the facilities are good, location is wonderful, and the staff really go out of their way to make everyone feel good! I've been recommending Home to anyone going to Lisbon (or even if they're not) ever since I left.

Nice cosy hostel with excellent and friendly staff. Facilities were good, wifi was excellent. Lift in the building was a little temperamental. Location was great, about 7 min to metro station and a few minutes to trams. The dinners at night by mama were good value and great for meeting people. Beds were a little old and creaked a little but did the job. Atmosphere was nice. 24 hr reception was great.

The Best was really Mamas Dinner. We enjoyed it twice and it was perfect.

• 5th Sep 2015
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Home hostel provides a great experience. It is suitable for all ages and everybody feels home and welcome. A great hostel to travel alone! The staff is soo lovely and Mama's cooking and hugs heart warming! Would return anytime!

This place kicks ass! Do yourself a favor and stay here.

It was a great experience staying there. Felt like family.

• 4th Sep 2015

really good atmosphere with all the people we were there and the staff is really cool people! congrats guys!

• 4th Sep 2015
  • Spain

Amazing hostel. Amazing people. Amazing MAMMA! The dinners are great value for money, DELICIOUS and always super busy! Plus you toast people on their last nights.. A little tradition of theirs. It's really clean and secure. There really is, no place like Home. 😊

Amazing hostel! The best I've stayed in. The staff are so friendly and Mama's dinners are incredible! Best way to meet people! Rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The under bed lockers meant all your belongings are secure, which is very important to me as I was travelling with my laptop. Would go back in a heart beat!

• 2nd Sep 2015