Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Andre' Mata, Joao guedes, and joana really made the experience so great here. I've traveled all over Europe and I have stayed at many hostels but this tops it off as the best. They went above and beyond to make sure you felt at home and had a good time. Because of these people and of course momma, it brings everyone else together for dinner and partying. I will recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone i know that will be going to Lisbon. Great job Home Lisbon Hostel!!!

• 25th May 2014

I absolutely loved my time at Home Hostel. Great staff, location and the dinners are just perfection! Can't wait to come back!

I originally only wanted to stay 2 nights in Lisbon but there was so much to see and I just loved the Hostel I decided to stay there a whole week. The staff was very friendly and helped me out whenever they could. The dinners were fantastic and it was the ideal place to meet people as I was travelling by myself. I highly recommend to stay at Home Lisbon and to do the free walking tour.

• 25th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Absolutely great brilliant hostel, Amazingly friendly and knowledgeable staff and good facilities. Probably the best hostel i've ever been to and may ever go to!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. It has everything a traveller would ever need.

I only spent one night but had an overall good experience.

Best hostel I ever been to!! The staff made everything even better and a special thank to Mama for the dinner and Italian chat :D !! Location is great, you need to stay there if you go to Lisbon!!!

We are older folks spending our first hostel stay! It is a good experience but hostel living is not for us ;) I feel this home Lisbon hostel will be great for the young ones - everything is perfect! Need security tag to come into premises when dark. The only improvement needed is maybe providing locks for the storage space under the beds.

• 21st May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Good location and very helpful staff. Nice breakfast, lovely room and altogether a nice experience. Thanks.

Large rooms, restrooms and showrooms. Everywhere is pretty clean. Close to most of the spots. Free shot every night. Nice place to stay and I do miss Mama's dinner.. You have to have a try!

The location is good, which almost in the city shopping center. The rooms are great, feels like student domitories:-) The free walking tour(wild walking) which was provided by the hostel, was really a nice. And I like the breakfast. The worst thing was that I really wanted joining the dinner but I was been told it was fully booked:( that should be necessarily improved. Staffs in reception desk were not so enthusiastic.

My stay was very short but I can say this hostel gave me a really nice impression. Staff was very nice and very very helpful, thanks to both Andres (the Brazilian and the Portuguese ones), valeu mesmo pela ajuda, velhos!. Tip: bring your padlock for the (lare ge) lockers inside the rooms.

No other hostel compares to this place. Excellent staff, location, facilities, everything. Truly, every last staff member is incredibly friendly and knowledgable and gets to know the guests. Do not pass up Mamma's dinner while you're here. It will be the best food you've ever had, in the best atmosphere, with the best people, at the best price. Very easy to meet other people here. I can't recommend this place highly enough. Obrigada por tudo, vou voltar em breve!

we've enjoyed very much in your hostel. We spent three formidable days. We hope we can spend very much. We'll recommend your place our friends. Thank you very much for your amability

• 17th May 2014
  • Spain
  • All Female Group, 41+

Mama's cooking is the best! And Andre the owner is great eye candy!

Match the name of Top hostel in the world. Maman's dinner is so great!

Home Lisbon Hostel is the best! It's safe, clean and comfortable. The staff are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet! But the best part are the home cooked meals by mamma: only 10€ for authentic, delicious food and all you can drink wine. It has a very social vibe, but you can also get a quiet night's sleep if you want to stay in. Staying here was a great experience! I can't imagine how it could have been more perfect! Stay here!

Best hostel Ive ever been to.

The best hostel on earth, possibly in the whole universe too.

A little late with my review but not that long since I stayed there in May. The hostel was easy to find which was great after a really long flight from Vancouver. Everyone was friendly and if you had a question about where to go or needed anything they were more then willing to help. I didn't get to try the dinner because I was always wandering around town but from what I was told by everyone else staying there that it was real good. The pub crawl was a lot of fun to.