Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

The washrooms could have been cleaner!

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

awesome hostel!!! i stayed at yes and home and they were both fantastic in all departments. yes is a tiny bit more party orientated but the staff in home were really great. you will have a great time in either

Wonderful experience. The hostel is amazing.

• 29th Jan 2015

Great hostel, great staff, and a great location. The room I stayed in (4 bed mixed dorm), had everything you could hope for: curtains on the beds, individual power points, shells and lights for each bed and large under bed lockers. It is a bit loud due to street noise, but I had no issues sleeping during my stay. The staff were great, as were the offered yours. There isn't really anything to complain about, as its one of the nicest hostels I've been to. I highly recommend this place.

They call themself home Lisbon and that's really what they are, 'a home' in Lisbon. I felt at home immediately. The staff is super, super, super.( and that's without exaggerating). The beds are made for sleeping( i've seen others in other hostels, believe me) and the place is superclean. I felt homesick when i was back home in belgium, so much i miss it.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

I usually don't leave reviews BUT I loved this place. I really have nothing bad to say! I met some amazing people and ate some amazing food from Mama. After backpacking for a month, this was the best hostel I've ever stayed at!!! Definitely recommend!

• 27th Jan 2015

more friendly would be difficult

I had a great stay in Lisbon, I honestly don't think there is a better hostel out there than this. Especially wen you compare value for money. The only thing we disliked was the fact that the beds made a pretty loud sound when someone turned around. Besides this everything was lovely, clean and the staff was extremely friendly. The dinner was great, the breakfast was really nice compared to what I've seen in other hostels, and the location was perfect.

• 27th Jan 2015

A dream! The best hostel ever! I came for just one week and i has been there for one week! i must to say tanks for all the guys working there. Impressive all them call me for my first name. when you arrived, run for book the dinner. Mama is the symbol of the ¨new portuguese cousine¨. You need to find the ¨moustache guy¨ and the ¨twins brothers¨. I has been traveling for 7 years, And finally i found a place that i can call : Home! A big hugh for all the team. i miss you so much, guys! thanks!

Great hostel, can only recommen it. I found the food (mama's dinner) to be good but not too special, but it's very good value for money (wine & beer is included in the 10€) and it's a great way too meet the other people from the hostel.

There aren't enough words that I can described the HOME LISBON HOSTEL... amazing place to stay at.... Mama, the boys and the girls.... A M A Z I N G ... Mama's food it is divine and the atmosphere is just so good.. if you are going to Lisbon there is only one place HOME LISBON HOSTEL.... this was my 3rd time at this fab hostel... really it is not a hostel it feels more like a HOME

The hostel was amazing. Very nice atmosphere. The staff were all very nice and accommodating. Everything was great. Except for one thing. The smell of the girl's bathrooms/showers on the 4th floor was not good. Would be best to put some air fresheners in the bathroom.

• 23rd Jan 2015

The hostel, the location, the atmosphere, the staff and especially Mamma were absolutely great! One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. I would definitely go back! Thank you, Home Lisbon Hostel, for a memorable stay in Lisbon.

The best place anybody could ever wish to stay!! Great location, the friendliest staff, the comfiest beds, the most delicious food, the cleanest facilities, the best value for money, etc, etc.!! We could not find anything to complain about.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Loved this place. Its top ranked for a reason. Amazing staff, Joao at the front is pretty cool and welcoming. Made sure I felt at home and gave solid recommendations. Don't waste time searching for another place, this place is worth the hype.

Cannot fault this hostel. It's no1 for a reason. The most beautiful workers and it makes such a difference how much they care about your stay.

Best hostel I've even been to by far. Welcoming and helpful staff, great lovation (3 minutes walking distance from the station), and the mama (one of the owner) is a very kind and warm person. She cooks each night for the guests. If you're going to Lisbon, you should definitely choose this hostel.

I absolutely LOVED Home Lisbon! Great staff, great atmosphere, and definitely eat dinner there - I miss Mamma's meals! Easily one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at, I have zero complaints.

Never wanted to leave. Best hostel in the entire world. The dinner with everyone is so nice and I felt welcomed and settled immediately. The showers are incredible and so are the other facilities. Thank you so much mama for making my lisbon experience so incredible.

Nothing less than 100%! There's a reason they've won so many awards. Thank you Home Lisbon and Mamma! Loved it here!