Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Such a phenomenal hostel. Gorgeous facilities, clean bathrooms and shower rooms, and very comfortable dorm rooms. Mamma's dinner was one of my favorite meals of my vacation so far, I wish I could come back sooner!

Flawless. Truely deserves to be called the best hostel in the world. Cannot wait to go back.

awesome and amazing place

• 11th Jun 2014

The best hostel I've stayed in. The staff are all lovely and there is lots of socials going on. Also, the hostel is really spotless, so clean!

• 11th Jun 2014

Best hostel I've ever been to. Staff was incredibly friendly, atmosphere was wonderful if you wanted to go out and wonderful if you wanted to say in, and Mamma's dinner was the very best! Really great community.

I can only agree with most of the other positive reviews. One of the best hostel I have been, very nice and clean rooms, staff is great and very helpful. The design of the hostel shows how mutch effort they put in to give the backapckers a great stay.. Breakfast is also very good but the best is mama's dinner, a must done when you are there!

This is an amazing place! Not only is everyone so friendly, the bar is ridiculously cheap, the facilities are clean, the beds are comfortable, the food is delicious, the building is beautiful, and it is right in the center of the main area! Definitely would stay here again....and AGAIN!

• 10th Jun 2014

We had a great time staying at the Hostel and were sorry we missed the dinner because we didn't have it the first night.

Amazing. Have Mama's dinner at least once, staff was really helpful and attentive with questions. The details in this hostel really reveal that they've thought about their backpacker guests, from bracelet keys to personal lights/outlets at each bed. Well-deserved rave reviews.

Had really amazing time over there, strongly recommend Mama's dinner!!! Nice staff, the best hostel I ever stayed!!!

Its a must to do Mamma's dinner!!! One of the best hostels I've stayed at.:)

Very good hostel! Staff very knowledgeable and very responsive! Mama's dinner is pretty cool, all the guests gather and toast! Regular morning coffee! Wifi great! Recommend and return! --------------------------------- Hostel muito bom! Equipe muito bem preparada e bem receptiva! No jantar da Mama é muito legal, todos os hospedes se reúnem e brindam! Café da manhã regular! Wifi ótimo! Recomendo e retornaria!

A good breakfast and then free walking tours made it easy to enjoy the day with all the information we needed. Then we made dinner and ate it of the cute terrace, very pleasant. Easy to meet people and the Staff (including mama) were informative and enjoyable to talk to! We had a very noisy bed in our room though (409) which would disturb people in the night just if the person sleeping in it got in/out or moved slightly when asleep.

Everyone was simply terrific, one of the best value hostels in Europe. Would definitely return as it offers a great home feel on the road.

Great location near praça de comercio. Friendly staff. Most comfortable dorms ever with everything one needs. Little lamp,plug,proper and big enough lockers. Didn't like the common area by the bar so much. Too many tables,no sofas to chill. Did the walking tour with Hugo from the wild walkers. Best tour ever!!

I am a hostel owner and was quite intrigued to stay at the 'best hostel in the world' and desperately wanted to be able to pick fault with it but just couldn't at all. Through very critical and judgemental eyes it was perfect. What a wonderful hostel with fantastic staff. I cannot recommend this hostel highly enough to anyone passing through Lisbon.

• 6th Jun 2014

It was the atmosphere and friendly staff that makes Home Hostel Lisbon a great choice for those travellers looking for a great place to stay in the city of Lisbon. The facilities were also clean, secure and safe. I felt at home. A+.

Best hostel I have stayed in. Such nice people! Loved mama's dinner :)

was my second stay already and it was as great as before. Thanks Mama for the amazing diner!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE mama and this hostel!! Highly recommended for travelling alone. I was in Lisbon for 3 days travelling alone but I was never actually alone. There ended up being 10 of us travelling alone that all banded together. Rooms are very spacious and extremely comfortable beds. The staff is very wonderful and the drinks from the bar are cheap!! If they like you they will even give you a drink for free :) Don't miss out on this warm and inviting home away from home.

• 4th Jun 2014