Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This was awarded as the best small or medium (can't recall) hostel in the world? I really wondered why, so as a quite experienced traveler and having had visited dozens of hostels worldwide, I decided to try it on a weekend break in Lisbon, and guess what, I definitely understand it why it is considered the best and have so many 100% reviews! The atmosphere and the warm welcome explain it! I can't say it is the best, I've been in many perfect hostels, but I can't find a single negative thing! 5*

Only rarely I'll rate a hostel 100%, but Home Lisbon definitely deserves it. I would rate staff 110%. Breakfast and facilities are also great. I'd only suggest that bathrooms were cleaned more often during the day.

All awards are not enough for this hostel. Amazing place, incredible atmosphere, awesome staff and best of all mamma's dinner is by far the best meal I had in my whole 3 months of Europe travel. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I'll definitely be back.

Fantastic hostel, undoubtedly one of the best in the world. Super friendly and helpful staff, perfect central location, amazingly clean and well secured accommodation. Don't miss the fantastic Mamma's dinner in a family atmosphere. In short, perfect place to stay in Lisbon, all that for a very reasonnable price. HUGELY RECOMMENDED!!!!

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

This hostel is amazing!! Loved the beds, you get your own powerpoint, shelf and curtain, so very private, also a big lock up drawer underneath for all your bags and stuff. Living room was really homely, location perfect, close to everything. Had a great stay and would stay there again for sure, one of the best and most professionally run hostels ive ever stayed at.

A great place to stay with the current level of helpfulness from the staff. Everyone wants your experience to be the best possible and the family atmosphere is great!

Best hostel I've ever been in, the staff is really nice and mama's dinner every night is excellent !

• 12th Jun 2014

Home Lisbon lives up to it's reputation as one of the best hostels in the world. Very happy vibe and environment. Big rooms with plenty of space to store luggage and great AC. Staff was also super helpful. A must visit!

Such a phenomenal hostel. Gorgeous facilities, clean bathrooms and shower rooms, and very comfortable dorm rooms. Mamma's dinner was one of my favorite meals of my vacation so far, I wish I could come back sooner!

Flawless. Truely deserves to be called the best hostel in the world. Cannot wait to go back.

awesome and amazing place

• 11th Jun 2014

The best hostel I've stayed in. The staff are all lovely and there is lots of socials going on. Also, the hostel is really spotless, so clean!

• 11th Jun 2014

Best hostel I've ever been to. Staff was incredibly friendly, atmosphere was wonderful if you wanted to go out and wonderful if you wanted to say in, and Mamma's dinner was the very best! Really great community.

I can only agree with most of the other positive reviews. One of the best hostel I have been, very nice and clean rooms, staff is great and very helpful. The design of the hostel shows how mutch effort they put in to give the backapckers a great stay.. Breakfast is also very good but the best is mama's dinner, a must done when you are there!

This is an amazing place! Not only is everyone so friendly, the bar is ridiculously cheap, the facilities are clean, the beds are comfortable, the food is delicious, the building is beautiful, and it is right in the center of the main area! Definitely would stay here again....and AGAIN!

• 10th Jun 2014

We had a great time staying at the Hostel and were sorry we missed the dinner because we didn't have it the first night.

Amazing. Have Mama's dinner at least once, staff was really helpful and attentive with questions. The details in this hostel really reveal that they've thought about their backpacker guests, from bracelet keys to personal lights/outlets at each bed. Well-deserved rave reviews.

Had really amazing time over there, strongly recommend Mama's dinner!!! Nice staff, the best hostel I ever stayed!!!

Its a must to do Mamma's dinner!!! One of the best hostels I've stayed at.:)

Very good hostel! Staff very knowledgeable and very responsive! Mama's dinner is pretty cool, all the guests gather and toast! Regular morning coffee! Wifi great! Recommend and return! --------------------------------- Hostel muito bom! Equipe muito bem preparada e bem receptiva! No jantar da Mama é muito legal, todos os hospedes se reúnem e brindam! Café da manhã regular! Wifi ótimo! Recomendo e retornaria!