Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The location was great, the rooms were nice, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. I had dinner the first night and loved it, and even though I didn't have money for it the next night I hung out at the table during dinner because it was a great way to talk to people. It's just a short walk to the water, and there are plenty of metro and bus/tram stops right nearby. Good breakfast, strong wifi, and cheap drinks. Absolutely wonderful.

The best hostel i've ever been. The atmosphere is amazing. Everything is close and all the people you meet there are just so nice and friendly.

• 6th Mar 2014

Stop looking for the perfect place to stay, because you've found it! My stay at Home Lisbon Hostel in Lisbon was very good. The staff was very friendly and mamma's dinner was amazing! When I go back to Lisbon, I will certainly return to this Hostel!

• 3rd Mar 2014

Seriously the best hostel I have stayed at ever. The facilities were beautiful, the bunk beds were beautiful &comfortable, &everything was incredibly clean. The key bracelets were also cool! The best part was the staff. Whenever I had a question for the staff at the desk, they would take so much time explaining things to me such as making recommendations of where to visit and how to get there and circling things on the map for me. Mama's dinner was also a highlight! Great for lone travelers!Go!

As everyone says. Still excellent!

Flawless, as usual.

The guys at the reception were the best, all of them! I was travelling with my parents and they even re booked for a further visit to Lisbon. The food from mama's dinner... SPECTACULAR!! Thank you so much!

Great hostel, really cool staff and the location is perfect, in the heart of the city, only a few minutes walk to the central square and the Santa Justa elevator. If you're goint there, I assure you'll have an awesome experience in Lisbon

Your hostel is amazing!!! Keep doing what you're doing. Thanks for a memorable, cozy, fun weekend!

• 1st Mar 2014

; I stayed just one night it is a very good furnished hostel. a friendly atmophere at the bar

One of the best hostel I´ve ever been, with Cason de Odile in El Bolson, Argentina. It was the same great feeling, I felt like in my own place, with incredible nice and helpful staff. The hostel to stay in Lisbon!

Very nice staff, good location, great dinner nights!

Wonderful stay at Home Lisboa - truly felt like home!

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Singapore

This hostel definitely deserves it's reputation, everything was perfect, from Mamma's delicious dinners to their very comfortable beds. It defiantly made me feel at home, it created the perfect environment to meet lots of new people, the location was amazing, the staff were very friendly and were able to answer all my questions about touristy activities. Can't wait to go back and stay at this lovely hostel again.

Awesome hostel, great location, the staff loves everything and they actually put effort into making your stay the best. The rooms are nice, the living room is a great spot to hang out/watch movies, and of course "Mamma's Dinners"!

Re Facilities. As a more mature traveller I would have liked a small quiet lounge with good lighting so that I could relax and read in the evenings. This is NOT a criticism of the facilities provided - they were first class. The subdued lighting and 'buzzing' atmosphere is perfect for the young people who were there. I love their company - they have such positive outlooks and are good to be with. Curtains on the lower bunks are the best idea since sliced bread!

• 26th Feb 2014

Excellent staff! Sexurity was the best of any hostel i have been to. You get a huge locker under your bed, soooo convenient. There are curtains on every bed for privacy. Very clean!! Great facilities. Never had a problem! Mamas dinner is a must!! Great hostel!!

Exceptionally well-planned out hostel: everything you would want, from a traditional, home-cooked 3-course meal to a 40-inch TV with PS3, a huge DVD collection and comfy sofas. The bar staff were very friendly and interesting to talk to, the pub crawl was both well-run and went to very good places and the rooms are modern and very comfy. I'll be returning whenever I have a weekend off to visit both the hostel and the city itself

Great Place, super friendly staff , perfect location.

• 22nd Feb 2014

I have been to many hostels and this one is just amazing. Really good beds, nice rooms, good security and an stunning breakfast included. I can just recommend to opt for mamas dinner, it is really tasty and good value for money.