Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at. That fact that it's own best hostel in the world for 2013 and 2014 (guessing they are monthly awards) is only proof of this. Do yourself a favour and stay here. If you regret it, I'll give you 20cents to call someone who cares.

I was very impressed with this hostel. Everything was clean and comfortable. The included breakfast was delicious. My only regret is not having enough time to stay here.

I would say pages of good things about HLH but I can resume its qualities in a small phrase: HOME SWEET HOME!. The Hostel is perfect, very well located, with a very friendly crew, and a very special dinner prepared by and enjoyed with Mamma's presence. I can say, with no doubts in my words, HLH is one of the best hostels I stayed in, and I had very good moments there. Certainly, when in Lisbon, that's the place where I will be again. I highly recommend HLH.

Home Lisbon Hostel is my Lisbon Home and Mama's Dinner is always delicious. Muito obrigada and cu next time!

Think this is the best hostel I have been to, great friendly staff, food, and atmosphere, and central location.

I really liked this hostel. Everything was perfect.

really feel at home here :)

Excellent hostel in Lisbon. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Only thing didn't like was door for smoking patio was left open when people were smoking instead of closing it, even members of the staff did this, a bit bothersome if you don't like the smell of smoke. Breakfast was superb; eggs, yougurt , fresh bread among other things! Didn't end up trying their dinner, but it smell quite good. Beds were very comfortable, and bathrooms clean.

Great hostel, location couldn't be better. Very helpful staff. What a pity I forgot to book a bed when I was heading back to Lisbon!

Great location, great hostel and most all the best staff ever. So kind, always smiling and ready to help in every single situation :-) Would recommend to all

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Serbia

the only problem i found is that the reception, kitchen snd common room are on a different floor with the dorms so its a bit inconveinent. but everything is just amazing esp the design and the atmosphere there! the staffs are super nice, friendly and helpful that they suggested wonderful attractions to me. my 2 night stay really worth the money i paid. nowhere will be chosen to stay for my next trip to lisbon expect home lisbon hostel!

This hostel is THE BEST hostel I've stayed so far! The staff were so helpful and amazing, Mama's food was amazing - I've never felt so at home. (remember to pre-book for Mama's dinners) We got an amazing room and the hostel was so clean and everyone was so friendly. Definitely going back to stay at this hostel when I'm back at Lisbon! :)

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

There's a reason they're the best hostel, incredible stay!

A really, really great hostel in every way! Couldn't recommend more.

There are many great hostels in Lisbon. I've checked a few out but this is by far the best one. Everyone is so kind here. The security is great. Breakfast was very good. Very social environment in the Lobby/Dinning area. Mama is super sweet and does these amazing cooking (soup, main dish, dessert, free wine, and a shot in the end). I had a fantastic time here. Left to Lagos for a few days (Stay at Gold Coast) and came right back. Good bathroom/showers. Very clean. Great location. The Best!!

Amazing!the best hostel I have been to ever. And that says a lot.

There's a reason why the ratings are so high for Home Hostel. You feel instantly welcomed as soon as you walk through the door, and you know you've found somewhere special when the staff know you by name. Mama's dinner is unbeatable, its incredibly easy to meet people with the dining/ common area, the breakfast each morning, as well as the pub crawls that happen every night. It's in the best location too! Shout out to Hugo for a great walking tour and thanks for an amazing stay guys! - Abbey

Try mammas dinner. It's so delicious but also the best way to meet new people and have a good chat. Wouldn't recommend the pubcrawl though. The bars weren't good, you can find better ones yourself. And we only went to three places! Party in the hostel was better (the staff is really cool).

I enjoyed every minute of my stay in Lisbon Home Hostel! The atmosphere is very cosy (really like home), everyone is very friendly and mama's dinner is fantastic! :)

• 20th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I've been to! Mama's dinner is a MUST. Dinner included a cauliflower soup, with bread. meat loaf with a crispy crust and a delicious berry tart dessert. It was delicious and 100% home made! Great atmosphere and central. I would go back just for Mama's dinner! I very highly recommend Lisbon Home Hostel.

• 20th Mar 2014