Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

It was a great stay. And mami's dinner is amazing!! Highly recommended!!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

Top quality hostel. Have travelled across Europe and stayed in many hostels - this was one of the best I've ever stayed in.

Loved it!! Had a great time, would love to stay in hostels like this right around the world. One thing: the directions from the metro were really good but I would have appreciated a photo of the front door from the street being on the website. It would have made me feel more secure in knowing where I was going. Also some better directions from the front door to the reception. Fantastic place to Stay, my thanks to everyone working there.

• 27th Mar 2015

Great hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. Very tasty food cooked by mamma. Good beds with curtains for added privacy. Pub crawl was maybe a bit expensive but was a good way to meet people as it was always very busy. Lovely dining hall/ bar and chill out room with huge selection of DVDs and books in case you wanted to relax.

Cant rate this place high enough on my second night in lisbon i left my wallet in a taxi lost everything the staff here went above and beyond to help by not having to pay up front and even when they had no beds left They put me in the staff room until i could sort out all my stuff. Just a fantastic hostel with great meals cooked by mumma and the best staff. Nothing bad to say.

One of the best Hostels I'fe ever been the last 40 years :-) Staff very friednly and helpfull

Amazing food cooked by Mama every night. Super friendly staff always up for a chat and really helpful with advice what to do. Really know how to create a great atmosphere. Clean facilities and superb dorms. Every bed with plug, light and a little bench thing to store personal belongings at night. Lockers big enough to lock whole backpacks. Great location, can walk everywhere. Pub crawl every night and tours organised to Sintra and beaches in summer. Great value for money!

It is a good hostel, but the female bathroom is quite a long way to walk from another side of the floor, as there is only one bathroom for the whole hostel (i mean one room with a few facilities), that is why i believe it would be nice to have at least a sink in the bedroom :)

When I looked at reviews for this hostel I was skeptical because how good could this hostel really be? And it was even better. Everything about this hostel is perfect, the people, the staff, the environment, absolutely everything is amazing. My friend and I spent a week here and it was one of the best weeks of my life. Mama's dinners were amazing, honestly I haven't tasted food so amazing in a long time. Do yourself a favour and go to this hostel because as soon as I got home I booked here again

• 25th Mar 2015
  • cleofatra

All was great!!!!! Great breakfast... Great atmosphere... Great staff.... The best hostel i ever stayed before. Its Amazing.

Everything about the experience was fantastic; the staff, available tours, food and common areas. The dinner was definitely worth having and we met great people as a result. Staff really went above and beyond.

• 24th Mar 2015

It was one of the most amazing hostel expediente i've rever had. The staff is extremely kind and heplful and mamma's dinners are awesome!

Home Lisbon really lives up to its name. I immediately felt welcomed here by the staff and the other guests. The staff is amazing, always smiling, willing to help, and keeping the place very clean and tidy. The atmosphere here is extremely social, I met so many people in my few days staying there and Momma's dinners are amazing. There really is no other place you need to stay in Lisbon except Home. I came back to Lisbon just so I could stay here again.

The best part about this hostel is the staff. They are so welcoming and helpful. Due to flight mishaps I ended up only having half a day in Lisbon and the staff took the time to create an itinerary on a map that highlighted the best things to do in Lisbon in the short amount of time I had. Great location, close to a subway station and to Praça do Comércio. When I finally make it back to Lisbon, I will be staying in this hostel again for sure!

If I was able to give more than 100 %, I would. This hostel made my time in beautiful Lisbon so special. Atmosphere, people, staff, cozy rooms, Mamma's Dinner - everything is more than perfect here. AMAZING hostel!!!!

Best hostel I've stayed at, period. Atmosphere is great, homely and friendly. Rooms are all you need, bathrooms and showers are perfectly clean. But it's really the common areas that make this hostel: the living room is perfect to hang out, the 24/7 bar kept us awake more than once and the dinner by La Mamma was great to meet people. Be sure to do the walking tour, it's very interesting and full of quirky facts about the city. Keep the nominations coming, guys, they're deserved!

Simply the best hostel in Europe, from the amazing 5 star facilities to its delicious breakfast and dinner, passing through the excellent, friendly staff and perfect atmosphere, you will have a new home in Lisbon, one you will want to get back to as soon as you possibly can.

Best hostel Ive ever been to! I only stayed two nights and was so sad to leave. You truly do feel like you're at home when you're there.

Home Lisbon Hostel is one of the best hostels I've seen so far. Everything was pretty much great, the only thing that is slightly criticize is the music they put during the after dinner, it could be better, but I guess you can always ask for a different song! If you come to Lisbon you should come to this hostel. Mamma's dinner is great. Thanks to all the stuff for making this hostel so good. Thanks Mica for helping the first night with the bedsheets(which were not your responsibility! :))

I love this hostel! Very clean and comfortable, staffs are nice and helpful, location is good, breakfast and mama's dinner are impressive~ Strongly recommended!