Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Home is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff is helpful and really friendly. Mama's home cooked diners are excellent and make it easy to meet people. Looking forward to my next visit !!

My friend and I stayed at this amazing hostel for 5 nights. The staff was very nice and relaxed! They really have time for you, and they make you feel very welcome. We met nice people every day and had a blast with them! Specially during and after Mamma's (Isabel/le ?) delicious nightly dinners! Make sure you join them! We had an incredible time, thanks!

Anyone looking for a hostel in Lisbon must book Home Lisbon Hostel! I have stayed in numerous hostels around the world as well as hotels and none compare to my stay here! First of all the staff go above and beyond in making everyone feel comfortable during your stay, the activities organised by the hostel are awesome! And the Hostel facilities are outstanding. I particularly liked the nightly meals made by the Mama (lovely lady who owns the hostel) make sure you stay here it's the best!

One of the best paces I've stayed, such a friendly place it really feels a little like a home. Everyone hangs about for a great dinner they put on and gets well looked after. Beds were comfy and had a little privacy. Very fond memories

Had an amazing stay! Mummas cooling is the best and the group dinners are a great way to meet people. Clean and comfortable rooms. Bathrooms were great. A lot of showers and bathrooms so never a wait. Would definitely recommend it for anyone who is social and looking to have a great stay in Lisbon! Amazing staff, really friendly and helpful! Air conditioning in the rooms too :)

Location is amazing, right in the heart of central Lisbon and within walking distance to great restaurants, shops, metros, historical sites. The staff is friendly and informative and the facilities were always clean. The only thing is that the main area - kitchen/lounge/bar are all located on the 2nd floor and all the rooms on the 4th floor, making going up and down sometimes a hassle. Due to the nature of the building (long and narrow) it doesnt make for as good of a socializing environment.

I absolutely loved my stay at Home Hostel, they made me feel so welcome and you could feel the chilled and overall happy vibes around the place. The staff are great and Mama's dinners just top it off!. When you're travelling on your own and missing home this was the perfect place to make me feel comfortable and part of a big extended family. Thank you and keep up the amazing work!.

• 30th Aug 2015

You can't ask for more

• 29th Aug 2015

What a wonderful place! All other comments here are so true as it truly is the best place. Very clean, stylish, comfortable beds, loved the lower bed with a curtain. Everything you need is in this place. Stuff are beyond friendly and helpful, they are so genuine as well. And mamas cooking is certainly a hit! Best location in town! Thank you guys, I had such wonderful time.

I cannot believe how much I loved this hostel considering I only stayed for one single night. The dinner felt like I had dinner with family. The staff are absolute legends and everybody is more than eager to make your stay a total win. Thank you for everything!

This is definitely the best hostel I have stayed in. The hostel was very clean and in an excellent location. Everyone who worked there was so very friendly and helpful, which created a wonderful atmosphere and made it very easy to meet other travelers. I had such a fantastic time here! I have to be very creative to think of something negative to say about this hostel.

Best Hostel I have ever stayed in. So friendly staff, unique atmosphere, great dinner... Everything was perfect

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I stayed there in 2012 and some of the staff still recognised me! Breakfast is by far the best I e had at any hostel and iPads are handy too! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Lisbon

Fantastic Hostel, great staff and wonderful social activities. I would always book here. Unfortunately only one out of three lockers actually locked. But if you talk to the staff they'll sort out everything.

Amazing Hostel! The staff was really welcoming, helpful and friendly. Overall a really great experience in an awesome city :)

• 26th Aug 2015

After travelling the world for 12 months, I found the best hostel in the world. Simply amazing. Everything you can imagine about a great hostel, you gonna find here. Special thanks to all staff who were always helpful and friendly, specially Mama. This is a place where you gonna feel at home :)

The best hostel I have ever stayed in.

Stayed in 40 hostels in Europe. This is probably the best one. Amazing and extremely helpful staff. Super fun atmosphere. Great for those that like to party or explore or both! Family dinner is a must.

By far my favourite hostel!! Very welcoming and friendly staff. Amazing breakfast with muesli, eggs, fresh bread. Dorm rooms are like a hotel but with sturdy wooden bunks and privacy curtain. Mama's dinners are so much fun and top notch (€10). Will always go back to Home Hostel, my home away from home!

Excellent staff, very helpful. BY FAR THE BEST HOSTEL DINNER I'VE EVER HAD! Beds comfortable and spacious. Highly recommend! Great location