Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Best hostel. Stay here.

Joao was an amazing receptionist, the day we arrived he greeted us with some Ginja and gave a a brief yet precise explanation on all the things to do in Lisbon. Mama's dinner is a must try a great way to make some new friends ! :)

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

It feels like home! Loved it!

One of the best hostel I have ever been with a 24hrs bar opening at the reception. Staff are so friendly and willing to help you in anyway they can. Momma' dinner was also amazing. Thanks Momma

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Awesome staff!

• 9th Dec 2014

One of the best parts of visiting a place is the people you meet and I definitely met some amazing people at Home Lisbon. Arriving at 6:30 in the morning, they immediately made me feel at home. Check-in wasn't until 2 pm, but they offered me the couch to nap on and breakfast. Staff were very helpful in giving advice and guidance on Lisbon and making me feel welcome throughout my stay. Mamma's dinners were amazing and provided a great opportunity to meet some fabulous travelers and make friends.

So home hostel is the best place I have stayed in Europe so far. it is beyond amazing :) the staff are so nice and very friendly and they really make you feel at home and mamma cooking is amazing, if u stay here make sure u eat there every night u won't regret it. They have a great atmosphere 24hrs a day. Everything is always really clean and if u have a bottom bunk bed there is curtains to make it dark which is really nice. MAKE SURE U STAY HERE

Great hostel. Definitely the place to stay in Lisbon. Mamma's authentic dinners are to die for and take the thinking out of dinner plans (especially for €10!).

Fautless. Hostels do not get any better than in Portugal, but Home stands out even amongst Portuguese hostels. The family that run this hostel is delightful, particularly Mama. Additionally, I did not meet a single staff member who wasn't super friendly, attentive, and helpful. Obviously all facilities are immaculate and I can not think of a single thing I wanted or needed that wasn't available to me. Cheap drinks at the bar was a bonus! This hostel really is doing everything right.

Home Lisbon Hostel is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It really feels like a home away from home. The staff is incredibly helpful and fun, Mamma's dinners are delicious, the facilities are clean, and Home is the perfect place to meet people. I would recommend it to anyone and I hope to get the chance to stay there again someday!

The best hostel in Lisbon !!! Excellent location,very good breakfast,very nice staff.

Amazing place to spend in Lisbon, highly recommend it!

I loved my stay at Home Lisbon! For €10 mama cooked a three course home-made Portuguese dinner that was better than any street food in the area, and it was served family style in the company of great people. The rooms and bathrooms were also extremely clean, and all of the little details (hairdryers, lockers, personal lights and plugs, etc.) were all accounted for. The staff were also amazing and provided a map introduction upon check-in, answered any questions I had, and remembered my name

The best place to stay in lisbon! Wonderful is not enough to describe here. It's my pleasure to spend time here. Thank you!

We booked two beds for the girls' dorm, which is really beautiful and comfortable. We did enjoy a lot since the first moment, and it's hard to say good bye to such a great hostel! The shower room and the restroom are also great.

Our group absolutely loved our stay at Home Lisbon Hostel. It really felt like home. All the staff were so welcoming and friendly. Our stay at this hostel was the highlight of our trip through Portugal. The hostel is in great condition and has a very charming character. All the meals at the hostel were outstanding. The activities offered were also excellent! The only small area for improvement would be the occasional smell in the bathroom but it's clean otherwise.

• 4th Dec 2014

Great hostel! They also organise great tours for Sintra, and walking tours in Lisbon. And... Mama's dinner is wonderful!

The best hostel i've ever had! mamma's food is really good and all the stuff is really nice! Hope to be back there asap!

I had the most amazing time. Already recommended it to coworkers, friends and some random people at the airport. :) I could go down the list of all the things that make this place special (cozy ambiance, friendly staff, delicious food, privacy-curtained beds), but it really just comes down to the community that's here. The people who run this place set the tone, and everyone enjoyed being a part of this traveler's community for as long as they stayed.

Possibly one of my favorite places on earth. Seriously, I loved it here. What's not to love? There's just something about this place that can't be quantified in a single review. Mamma is the soul of the operation, and when she hands you your plate or gives you a hug you know it's real, that this family really cares about what they do and that, for them, it's not just a business. It's about people. Amazing food, cozy atmosphere and great new friends keep people coming back time after time.