Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Very warm and cozy place to be. Staffs are so friendly, helpful and very professional. I felt sick one day and staffs made sure if I need any medicine or anything to make me feel better. I like the living room so much. It's such a relaxing area. Bed was comfy with curtain to make it privacy. I've never had bed with curtain before in any hostel in Europe. Dinners were nice but I felt that some menu is a bit pricey for 10 Euros. Hostel is in the center of Lisbon close to many main sites. Recommend

Great stay here! Mamas dinners are worth going. 3 courses for 10€ and free beer or wine with dinner. free breakfast included eggs and sausage!! Good location, near the water and lots of shops & restaurants. Comfy beds and the bottom bunks have privacy curtains/ all beds had a light and outlet. Highly recommend

Friendly, welcoming and lovely staff who were great to hang out with, happy to help and keen to answer any questions. Mamma's dinners were indeed delicious, served with free alcohol in a room full of revelling hostel guests. Free breakfast every day was very good, with a range of food and drink. The bedrooms were spacious, with large and secure drawers to safely store your luggage. The toilets and bathrooms were immaculately clean with hot and powerful showers. Awesome place.

Normally in a hostel I look after myself but in Home hostel they looked after me.

Best hostel ever!!! You will enjoy every single day in Lisboa with a stay there!

• 7th Mar 2015

Perfection in a hostel! I highly recommend this extraordinary hostel! My friend and I have been exploring Europe from hostel to hostel and this by far has been the best! Mama is so tenderhearted with her delicious homemade meals and warm hugs. The beds were very comfortable with convenient outlets and lights at each bed. Great location with easy accessibility to all the popular spots in Lisbon!

Every thing a 100% ,thanks

This was the first hostel I've ever stayed at and it definitely raised the expectations immensely for future hostels. The staff was overly helpful, kind, and truly made you feel at home. The atmosphere was comfortable and lively. The format of the hostel was perfect for meeting other people, especially during Mama´s dinner. Also, the hostel was in the perfect location close to the water and shopping. I STRONGLY recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to make their stay in Lisbon even better.

• 5th Mar 2015

I went here on my first solo trip. Not only was the staff super welcoming and helpful, they also had great suggestions for places to eat and things to do. This is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The beds were comfortable but pretty creeaky, evertything was very clean, nice showers, super fast wifi. I will definitely recommend this hostel to any of my friends visiting Lisbon in the future!

This place was unbelievable. Truly the best hostel i've ever stayed in. I could've stayed for so much longer. It was a sad day when I had to leave.

Definitely the best option in lisbon. The atmosphere and the atractions available worths the money you pay

• 4th Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! The staff are extremely friendly and helpful in answering any questions. Mamma's dinner is delicious and a fun way to meet new people! Great location and easy to find. The free walking tours are a great way to see Lisbon and there are many other activities as well. Only downside is the beds are a bit squeaky so it woke me up a lot. Otherwise, love this hostel!

I stayed there the second time, it's one of the best hostels i've ever stayed at. The only thing i did not like is that the bathrooms are quite far from the rooms. But besides that - great hostel, super nice staff and perfect location :)

• 4th Mar 2015

Very warm and friendly hostel. The staff were really nice (especially Andre and the overnight guy). I recommend the nightly dinners and the trip to sintra! Great experience!

Fantastic hostel, one of the best I've been to, and I obviously wasn't the only one who thought this. Mama's dinners are awesome. The staff is super friendly and enjoy what they do. Easy to meet other guests. Location is great as well. Next time in Lisbon, I'll be back here.

A perfect place to stay........ we felt really welcomed...... everyone there is friendly and gives you a feeling of home!

The best hostel in the best city in the world for me!!!!! the staff are like family to me now!!!!! If you want to stay in the best hostel just get ya ass into lisbon and get to the home hostel!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE ME BACK!!!!!!!! Craig from Australia

Everything in this hostel is incredible and amazing! The breakfast, the staff, the facilities, the cleanliness, the rooms, the staff, the location, everything was perfect! It is really one of the best hostels in the world! I know a lot of hostels around the world and I really get impressed with Home Lisbon!

I had a lovely stay. Enjoyed mamas dinners and met some great people. Definitely would stay there again.

I just loved the atmosphere and the staff. Deborah and Diana (and pretty much everybody) were very kind in the evenings and helped me with everything I needed,. The place is really like home. I only have positive things to say about the hostel and recommend it.

• 28th Feb 2015