Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This was one of the best Hostel I've ever been. Great staff and the dinner from Mamma was great. The bed in the dorm was comfortable, they cleaned the bathroom four times in a day, therefore it was pretty clean. I highly recommend this Hostel.

The staff (Diana in particular) we're really helpful, even when i needed a bed after the hostel was fully booked. And it's such a homely feel! Best hostel I've been to.

• 18th Oct 2014

Everything was great: location perfect, atmosphere great, staff very nice and helpful. It was actually the best hostel I have ever experienced. Very clean and secure. Only-girls rooms is a good option for girls travelling alone. And you have a huge case where you can lock all your belongings, which makes you feel even more secure. It is also very well organized with Mama's dinner, free guided walking tours, pub crawl, etc. And Mama and the staff are just soooooo nice!

Amazing. I've done LOTS of travelling and this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I stayed at a hostel in Porto which won the worlds best hostel 2014 but in my opinion the Home Lisbon Hostel is better. A huge thankyou to the staff who are all wonderful and warm. A special mention to Mika who was there when I arrived and made me feel special...she is a beautiful person.

• 18th Oct 2014

I only stated for one night but wished I had more time in lisbon. The hostel staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was very cool. Easy to make new friends. If you want the dinner you need to book ahead as the places fill up. Looked and smelled delicious!

• 18th Oct 2014

The staff were lovely and the food was amazing!! Would return to this hostel!

If you are in Lisbon you must stay at Home and have one of Mamma's dinners. You won't stay in another hostel like this one! The lockers are massive, the bathrooms plentiful and clean, and the people are so friendly. You feel like part of the family.

• 17th Oct 2014

Loved Home! Everything you want from a hostel, and than some!

We truly felt at home here, as promised! Very comfortable beds / bedding, the bunks are very private and I loved the free earplugs offered 'in case of snorers'. There were a lot of mozzies in my room so consider repellant. Loved the common area, somewhere to really lounge around and relax. Try mama's dinner at least once! It was a lovely, unique experience. A lot of thought goes into this hostel and it shows. Would stay again for sure :) thank you for a wonderful stay!

Lovely hostel! Better than most hotels! Really easy to meet people! Great vibe! Would definitely stay again!!

A great hostel! It's easy to meet people and it really feels like a big family house. Dinners with mama were a really nice touch, and I always felt safe in the hostel and around the neigbhourhood.

By far best hostel I've ever stayed in. I can't say anything negative about it. It really feels like coming home! Love Tessa & Elke

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

I really enjoyed my stay in the hostel. Especially Mama´s Dinner was AWESOME! The staff was extremly friendly, open and helpful. The cleanliness was very good for a hostel. It is the best hostel I have ever stayed in!

• 15th Oct 2014

Home Hostel Lisbon is pretty much perfect in every way. Appealing design, every feature you would want, no attempt to over charge for anything and pretty much all amenities are free. Run by a very savvy owner and his beautiful mother. Mamma will be missed!

What can you say about this hostel. Staff were great, very helpful and informative (and sexy) lol. Location was good. Wifi good, rooms big and spacious. Good breakfast as well. But the best was mama's dinners. So delicious and great value. Can't say enough about this hostel. Terry L Aust.

Probably the best hostel I stayed in on my 9 week trip to europe. One of those places that has a great vibe as soon as you walk in. If you are a social person, this is an incredible place to meet like minded people. I would get into 30 min long deep conversations and realize we didn't know each other's names. Cannot say enough good things about the 10 euro dinners Mama cooks for the hostel every night. The staff is filled with lovely people as that have spot on music taste.

Staff was really helpful and atmosphere was good. Everywhere was clean. Breakfast was good. The only thing I want to say that is too noise because the female dorm were just close to the main road.

This hostel deserves every positive award and all the amazing reviews they receive. Easily the best hostel ive stayed in throughout Europe. Clean as a whistle, awesome atmosphere, all the staff are always amazing and friendly. Mumma's dinners are a must, we ate there every night as it was always truly delicious. Can not fault this place, stay here when you come to Lisbon!

I have been to 30+ countries over the course of 5 years and stayed in countless hostels. Home Lisbon was easily top 3 of my life. The staff was amazing. The location was perfect. The atmosphere was great. I met other people who made my week even better. Mommas cooking and nightly dinner was a great way to meet people and eat authentic Portuguese food. The bathrooms were immaculate. The dorms were cozy and quiet. The common room was relaxing. I could go on and on. Amazing place!!!

It was a fabulous, friendly hostel with lots of room and very artistically furnished. The best part though was the camaraderie that formed with other guests during Mamma's fabulous home cooked dinners. Very good value for money.

← Back to search results