Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

A very friendly and homy hostel. Even if I stayed for only one night it was a very pleasant stay. The staff was very helpful, Mama's dinner was a delight. Facilities are just what you need and even a bit more. Bed was comfy and the location is great. I guess where I am trying to get to is that it is very good value for what is offered. I would very happily come back and recommend Home Lisbon Hostel to anyone I know travelling to Lisbon. The name of the place says it all !

Best hostel we've ever stayed in! We had a delicious Mamma-cooked meal on the first night, and we IMMEDIATELY made friends. The atmosphere is alive there. The TV room was well-done, everything was clean everywhere, and our room was STUNNING. We had an arm-chair and a view and everything. Walking tours picked up in the lobby, location was spectacular, and you could get decent inexpensive local food just a few streets off our area.

Everything aw perfect!

Great Hostel! Dinner is a highlight.

Great hostel, great staff and great atmosphere. Met lots of people at the dinners, which are great value. breakfast was really good too, going above and beyond the norm. clean and comfortable rooms. had an awesome time at this hostel!

I am glad I booked Home Lisbon Hostel because it was ranked as No.1 hostel in Europe. Home Lisbon hostel located at the CBD of Lisbon where easily to access to public transport especially Metro just right opposite the street. Hostel and room was very clean and bed just so comfortable. Of course staff was very friendly and they will guide & share where you can visit. I like to join mama's dinner, you can enjoy the delicious Portuguese home cooked dishes from Mama.

I stayed here back in April and it was absolutely unbelievable. By far and away the most enjoyable, engaging and fun hostel I have EVER stayed in. The pub crawls were awesome but the real highlight was Mama's dinner which was really something special. I would recommend this place to anyone in a heart beat. Just book it, you will not regret it!!

• 23rd Apr 2015

It was my first visit to Portugal and I had a fantastic stay at HLH !! The ambiance was amazing! A true melting of youth from all corners of the world. I cherish the people I met and the experiences we shared in Lisbon! The dinner was another splendid opportunity to interact with fellow travelers over some delicious food prepared by the mamma! I highly recommend the walking tours and pub crawls! The guides are super friendly and cool. Last but not the least the staff were very cordial !!

It is a great hostel, i stayed five nights, i did not have one complain, it was excellent specially the dinners.

Home Lisbon Hostel is nothing short of magical. Rooms are good - lower bunks have curtains. Showers are nice quality and clean. Location is prime. But what really sells this place are the people and the vibe. Mamma and her dinners are sublime. Great environment if you're traveling alone - feels like home with lots of love but also great community vibe to meet people. Hostel hosted tours of the city and Sintra are a must. Beware: This place will ruin all other hostels for you! PS: xoxo to Mamma!

Hands down the best hostel I've stayed in. Dinners are really good and the sangria is UNREAL. Everyone is so friendly and it's really easy to meet other people. The Sintra day trip was perfect, the showers were amazing, etc. Cannot recommend this place enough.

It is nearly impossible to write a proper review for this hostel. It is an experience you'd have to see to believe. From the friendly and helpful staff, to mama's home cooked meals, Home Lisbon Hostel has it all figured out. It is also perfectly located which makes it so easy to get around the city. And for the directionally handicapped, the hostel offers tours and other activities everyday to keep you busy and in good company. If I ever make it back to Lisbon, I know where I'm staying again.

• 21st Apr 2015

Very well run hostel. Good for young sociable people, especially with the Mama's dinner (includes free booze) and pub crawl. Less good if you want a quiet night with a spouse. Strange layout in a block of flats, with reception on 2nd floor & rooms on 4th. Very good location in city centre. Staff friendly.

Hands down the best Hostel I've stayed at. Unbelievably friendly people, and Mamas' dinners help you make friends, and try real home cooked Portuguese food. If I ever go back I will definitely stay again.

• 20th Apr 2015

This hostel has raised my expectations for any other hostel. I have never stayed in a hostel with such a great atmosphere. There are always people hanging out in the common areas and everyone comes together for mama's dinners. I met quite a few great people during my 3 day stay and would recommend this hostel for anyone also hoping to meet fellow travelers.

Breakfast is great and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

Fantastic hostel, great atmosphere and Mama's food is tasty!!

This place is actually brilliant. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, anywhere, period. Staff are insanely good at what they do, friendly.. the social dinners are perfect. It's modern, clean, well located. Stay here.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at, I would recommend to everyone!

• 19th Apr 2015