Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Most homely hostel ever. Did not want too leave. Mumma's dinner is a massive must so nice and it gets everyone together to start a night off. Rooms are spacious and clean and the beds are very comfy. Thank you to all the home staff and Mumma for having us. We will return soon hopefully. Book now you won't regret it!!

The best hostel in the world! Lovely staff, great breakfast, super clean bathrooms and bedrooms, bed linen very clean too. Mamma's dinner is the best food that I've taste in 45 days traveling trough Europe. The most wonderful thing is that you really feel like home. I'll definitely come back.

I loved Lisbon, but the Home Lisbon Hostel is what really brought the city to life. The staff was personable, helpful, and friendly. The atmosphere was perfect, everyone went well out of their way to connect with each other, and Mama's cooking was out of this world. I'd come back to Portugal, just to stay at the Hostel once more.

• 30th Sep 2014

The best hostel in my trip hands down. The staffs are really really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great. And the sintra tour was just amazing. Great value hostel

This hostel has a perfect location close to everything. And the staff is very helpfull. It was perfect.

• 29th Sep 2014

Very good location and very friendly, cheerful and helpful staff who has all the time smile in their faces:)

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Estonia

Best hostel, mama's cooking was amazing! I have to eat gluten free and she didn't hesitate to modify her recipe for me. Wonderful staff, very helpful, we really enjoyed our stay here!!!

A great hostel experience!

I'm Mexican and been in Europe 7 times and stayed in lots of hostels since then. Home Lisbon is BY FAR the best I've stayed! As a person that works in the tourist industry for Starwood hotels, I tell you people, by staying here you will get more than a dorm: Amazing service! incredibly clean facilities! beautiful and cozy rooms! wonderful ambience, andthe cherry on the pie: Mamma's dinner! Home flavor food made and served by mamma and her great staff (MiKka, the twins and all of them are amazin

Home had a great vibe to it - was very chilled out and had a great lounge room and kitchen that made you feel right at home. There was an issue with the bathrooms - the girls ones were an absolute nightmare with not enough vanity space for everyone we were all on top of each other which was frustrating. Just need to make more bathrooms somewhere I think as there definitely weren't enough based on the amount of people staying. The bedrooms were great though!! Felt very safe and private.

Home is an amazing hostel. After traveling 5 months in Europe and have stayed in 25 hostels, I say Home is either the best hostel I have been or if not, it is definitely top 3. It is situated in a great location, the bathrooms and rooms are very clean, the staff is wonderful, mama's cooking is delicious, and they do such a great job at creating a great atmosphere that brings people together. I would recommend this hostel to anybody and I can't wait to go back. I met amazing people here.

This hostel has it all! The best I've ever stayed at. Nice atmosphere, great location and rooms with a big place to store all your bags safe, plus much more. The staff is lovely and are really keen on making you feel good. Special thanks to Mika for caring and to Joao for the nice Sintra tour and big help so that I could make it to my train comfortably and in time. Love, Sofia

Good hostel

Home Lisbon is seriously the best hostel I've ever stayed at! The rooms are amazing, the staff is super nice and of course, mamma's dinner is the perfect way to spend the evening :) We stayed in a 6-bed-room, which still had enough room to move around. The lockers were also big enough for our huge backpacks. There are plenty of showers so you never have to wait and breakfast is really tasty with scrambled eggs, sausages, cornflakes and of course mamma's homemade jam. An all around perfect place!

I have no complaints about this hostel everything was great, wish we stayed longer

And I have to say that the staffs of hostel is amazing they make you feel at home. All of them are very friendly and helpful. If you go to Lisbon don't stay anywhere else! You should thank each of staff for welcoming us!

Thanks Andre (sorry, don't know how to write your name) and Mama so much for making my birthday unforgettable. I'm still speechless about the cake Mama made me, it was such a lovely surprise! And Andre (alias bar tender) thanks for the great night out in the rooftop bar+guitarre session in the hostel, I had so much fun! Lots of love Julia

Best hostel visited. Good for solo travelers. the staff makes you feel at home, really helpful. Mama's dinner is the best. The atmosphere is just amazing!

Great location, facilities, and atmosphere. Couldn't ask for more in a hostel!

We stayed there as a group of 8 people and everyone of us voted it the best hostel he has ever stayed in.