Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

By far best hostel I've ever stayed in. I can't say anything negative about it. It really feels like coming home! Love Tessa & Elke

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

I really enjoyed my stay in the hostel. Especially Mama´s Dinner was AWESOME! The staff was extremly friendly, open and helpful. The cleanliness was very good for a hostel. It is the best hostel I have ever stayed in!

• 15th Oct 2014

Home Hostel Lisbon is pretty much perfect in every way. Appealing design, every feature you would want, no attempt to over charge for anything and pretty much all amenities are free. Run by a very savvy owner and his beautiful mother. Mamma will be missed!

What can you say about this hostel. Staff were great, very helpful and informative (and sexy) lol. Location was good. Wifi good, rooms big and spacious. Good breakfast as well. But the best was mama's dinners. So delicious and great value. Can't say enough about this hostel. Terry L Aust.

Staff was really helpful and atmosphere was good. Everywhere was clean. Breakfast was good. The only thing I want to say that is too noise because the female dorm were just close to the main road.

This hostel deserves every positive award and all the amazing reviews they receive. Easily the best hostel ive stayed in throughout Europe. Clean as a whistle, awesome atmosphere, all the staff are always amazing and friendly. Mumma's dinners are a must, we ate there every night as it was always truly delicious. Can not fault this place, stay here when you come to Lisbon!

I have been to 30+ countries over the course of 5 years and stayed in countless hostels. Home Lisbon was easily top 3 of my life. The staff was amazing. The location was perfect. The atmosphere was great. I met other people who made my week even better. Mommas cooking and nightly dinner was a great way to meet people and eat authentic Portuguese food. The bathrooms were immaculate. The dorms were cozy and quiet. The common room was relaxing. I could go on and on. Amazing place!!!

It was a fabulous, friendly hostel with lots of room and very artistically furnished. The best part though was the camaraderie that formed with other guests during Mamma's fabulous home cooked dinners. Very good value for money.

The staff really thought of everything to make guests' stay as comfortable as possible, and they were the nicest Portuguese people I met on this trip! As someone who may be considered a prissy American, you can trust that when I say it was really clean and I was well taken care of, it's accurate!

• 12th Oct 2014

This was an amazing experience and I would have loved to have stayed longer than the 3 days. Well designed and laid out facility, comfortable beds. The staff awesome and amazing meal and value if you opt in for Mamma's home cooked meal. Hostellers of all ages and nationalities are made to feel welcomed - truly like coming home:) I will be back!!

everything was really good!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was really satisfied with everything.^^

I enjoyed so so so so so much staying over at Home Lisbon Hostel ... if you are planning to go to see this beautiful city that our almighty God created you must stay over at Home Lisbon.... I loved so much that I already booked to go back to Lisbon and I will be staying at the same hostel.

Thank you Home Lisbon Hostel for making my stay in Lisbon so nice!

Staffs were very kind and the dinner was so nice in Hostel.

Everything about the hostel was amazing. It was my first time staying in a hostel before, so I was unsure if I would like it, especially as a solo traveller. But everyone was friendly, both guests and staff, so I felt at 'home' immediately. Special shout out to Sophia, who was a wonderful tour guide for the morning walking tour.

• 8th Oct 2014

I've stayed in many hostels the world over and this hostel gets top marks.The staff create a fantastic atmosphere and couldn't possibly help any more than they do.They bend over backwards to do what they can to assist in any way they can.Its clean,Welcoming,fun,spacious,safe,bright

• 8th Oct 2014

I'm always skeptical about hostels that only have "awesome" reviews but I can honestly say that home was amazing and awesome! Very clean , very safe ,very comfortable beds, great people, great food. Highly recommend joining at least one free walking tour while you stay as well as have mamma's dinner! Breakfast was simple but really covered everyone's needs. I actually kinda cried when I left for my train. Because I didn't want to leave Lisbon or them!!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Clean, comfortable, and good vibes. Plus mama's homemade dinners are the best! Stay here!!

• 5th Oct 2014

Home Lisbon Hostel was amazing. Stayed in a couple of hostels on my trip and this was definitely my favorite. Staff was great, so welcoming and seemed to love what they were doing! Mama's dinner was delicious definitely recommend it to anyone. Rooms were in good condition and the set up of the beds gave plenty of privacy.

• 4th Oct 2014

The BEST BIG CITY HOSTEL I have ever been to. A very social place (attend the cooked dinner!) and the staff care/have meaningful recommendations for your time there. Just an incredible atmosphere and I didn't want to leave. Perfect for solo traveller or small group. Impeccably clean, central location, and excellent hostel facilities. Only recommendation would be to have a few more washing/drying machines available.