Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Very good location and very friendly, cheerful and helpful staff who has all the time smile in their faces:)

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Estonia

Best hostel, mama's cooking was amazing! I have to eat gluten free and she didn't hesitate to modify her recipe for me. Wonderful staff, very helpful, we really enjoyed our stay here!!!

A great hostel experience!

I'm Mexican and been in Europe 7 times and stayed in lots of hostels since then. Home Lisbon is BY FAR the best I've stayed! As a person that works in the tourist industry for Starwood hotels, I tell you people, by staying here you will get more than a dorm: Amazing service! incredibly clean facilities! beautiful and cozy rooms! wonderful ambience, andthe cherry on the pie: Mamma's dinner! Home flavor food made and served by mamma and her great staff (MiKka, the twins and all of them are amazin

Home had a great vibe to it - was very chilled out and had a great lounge room and kitchen that made you feel right at home. There was an issue with the bathrooms - the girls ones were an absolute nightmare with not enough vanity space for everyone we were all on top of each other which was frustrating. Just need to make more bathrooms somewhere I think as there definitely weren't enough based on the amount of people staying. The bedrooms were great though!! Felt very safe and private.

Home is an amazing hostel. After traveling 5 months in Europe and have stayed in 25 hostels, I say Home is either the best hostel I have been or if not, it is definitely top 3. It is situated in a great location, the bathrooms and rooms are very clean, the staff is wonderful, mama's cooking is delicious, and they do such a great job at creating a great atmosphere that brings people together. I would recommend this hostel to anybody and I can't wait to go back. I met amazing people here.

This hostel has it all! The best I've ever stayed at. Nice atmosphere, great location and rooms with a big place to store all your bags safe, plus much more. The staff is lovely and are really keen on making you feel good. Special thanks to Mika for caring and to Joao for the nice Sintra tour and big help so that I could make it to my train comfortably and in time. Love, Sofia

Good hostel

Home Lisbon is seriously the best hostel I've ever stayed at! The rooms are amazing, the staff is super nice and of course, mamma's dinner is the perfect way to spend the evening :) We stayed in a 6-bed-room, which still had enough room to move around. The lockers were also big enough for our huge backpacks. There are plenty of showers so you never have to wait and breakfast is really tasty with scrambled eggs, sausages, cornflakes and of course mamma's homemade jam. An all around perfect place!

I have no complaints about this hostel everything was great, wish we stayed longer

And I have to say that the staffs of hostel is amazing they make you feel at home. All of them are very friendly and helpful. If you go to Lisbon don't stay anywhere else! You should thank each of staff for welcoming us!

Thanks Andre (sorry, don't know how to write your name) and Mama so much for making my birthday unforgettable. I'm still speechless about the cake Mama made me, it was such a lovely surprise! And Andre (alias bar tender) thanks for the great night out in the rooftop bar+guitarre session in the hostel, I had so much fun! Lots of love Julia

Best hostel visited. Good for solo travelers. the staff makes you feel at home, really helpful. Mama's dinner is the best. The atmosphere is just amazing!

Great location, facilities, and atmosphere. Couldn't ask for more in a hostel!

We stayed there as a group of 8 people and everyone of us voted it the best hostel he has ever stayed in.

Mamas food is the best!!!

• 18th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This was the most amazing hostel ever! It wasn't only a really nice place with excellent facilities but it was the little things and the super friendly staff that made it amazing! I felt warm and fuzzy inside when the staff gave me medicine for my cold and helped me treat my mosquito bites, little touches :) The tour to Sintra and Cascais with Joao was a highlight. I really want to go back to Lisbon and Portugal and stay in this hostel again. Thanks Mama and all staff :)

Staff was extremely friendly, we went on an amazing tour through Sentra! The common area is very homely and it's a great way to meet people. I hope to keep in touch with some of the people I met. It was also very clean! Cooking was great! I will definitely come stay there if I come back to Lisbon.

• 15th Sep 2014

This hostel is nothing short but excellent. I've been traveling for 5 months, stayed in 24 hostels and I have to say that if this is not the best hostel overall that I have been in, it is without a doubt top 3. I loved the staff and I praise the ambiance that Home was able to create. Although it is a bigger hostels and must require security cards for the different rooms, the guests don't roam the hostel like strangers in a hotel. Mama's dinner is delicious and great at getting people together

A great overall atmosphere to make you feel welcome and at home. Truly enjoyed Mamma's dinner and how everyone gets together for great food and conversation, free wine and beer, followed by a toast with Mamma at the end of your meal. Living area, bedrooms, and washrooms/showers are great. Very clean hostel. Took the Sintra day trip with the hostel, which was ok considering the price - €10 including a lunch sandwich and dinner. Recommend this hostel if you are looking to meet others :)

• 15th Sep 2014