Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

really feel at home here :)

Excellent hostel in Lisbon. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Only thing didn't like was door for smoking patio was left open when people were smoking instead of closing it, even members of the staff did this, a bit bothersome if you don't like the smell of smoke. Breakfast was superb; eggs, yougurt , fresh bread among other things! Didn't end up trying their dinner, but it smell quite good. Beds were very comfortable, and bathrooms clean.

Great hostel, location couldn't be better. Very helpful staff. What a pity I forgot to book a bed when I was heading back to Lisbon!

Great location, great hostel and most all the best staff ever. So kind, always smiling and ready to help in every single situation :-) Would recommend to all

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Serbia

the only problem i found is that the reception, kitchen snd common room are on a different floor with the dorms so its a bit inconveinent. but everything is just amazing esp the design and the atmosphere there! the staffs are super nice, friendly and helpful that they suggested wonderful attractions to me. my 2 night stay really worth the money i paid. nowhere will be chosen to stay for my next trip to lisbon expect home lisbon hostel!

This hostel is THE BEST hostel I've stayed so far! The staff were so helpful and amazing, Mama's food was amazing - I've never felt so at home. (remember to pre-book for Mama's dinners) We got an amazing room and the hostel was so clean and everyone was so friendly. Definitely going back to stay at this hostel when I'm back at Lisbon! :)

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

A really, really great hostel in every way! Couldn't recommend more.

There are many great hostels in Lisbon. I've checked a few out but this is by far the best one. Everyone is so kind here. The security is great. Breakfast was very good. Very social environment in the Lobby/Dinning area. Mama is super sweet and does these amazing cooking (soup, main dish, dessert, free wine, and a shot in the end). I had a fantastic time here. Left to Lagos for a few days (Stay at Gold Coast) and came right back. Good bathroom/showers. Very clean. Great location. The Best!!

There's a reason why the ratings are so high for Home Hostel. You feel instantly welcomed as soon as you walk through the door, and you know you've found somewhere special when the staff know you by name. Mama's dinner is unbeatable, its incredibly easy to meet people with the dining/ common area, the breakfast each morning, as well as the pub crawls that happen every night. It's in the best location too! Shout out to Hugo for a great walking tour and thanks for an amazing stay guys! - Abbey

Try mammas dinner. It's so delicious but also the best way to meet new people and have a good chat. Wouldn't recommend the pubcrawl though. The bars weren't good, you can find better ones yourself. And we only went to three places! Party in the hostel was better (the staff is really cool).

I enjoyed every minute of my stay in Lisbon Home Hostel! The atmosphere is very cosy (really like home), everyone is very friendly and mama's dinner is fantastic! :)

• 20th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I've been to! Mama's dinner is a MUST. Dinner included a cauliflower soup, with bread. meat loaf with a crispy crust and a delicious berry tart dessert. It was delicious and 100% home made! Great atmosphere and central. I would go back just for Mama's dinner! I very highly recommend Lisbon Home Hostel.

• 20th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I've had the pleasure of staying in. Such a friendly atmosphere around the place, the famous Mamas dinners were only available on one of the nights I stayed which I unfortunately missed but even without that I'd highly recommend staying here. The staff and people in the hostel make it what it is but location, price and facilities were spot on too. I'll definitely stay here on my next trip to Lisbon.

• 19th Mar 2014

Just like home.... The real soul of the hostel is Home's Mamma who creates incredibly warm atmosphere at traditional Home's dinners every evening! Such events are really great and unite all the guests of the hostel in a very natural way. You can spend all the day at the hostel chatting with extremely friendly staff, reading funny notes at the walls and enjoying relaxing atmosphere of the place. Thank you! Great job!

Very good location, price, and atmosphere . Very friendly staff! :-) Wifi is available in the room. Beds are comfortable to sleep in. Breakfast is good! The only thing that may be not perfect is it is Too Dark in the Room. I'll live here again next time I visit Lisbon!

100% for this Hostel because: great atmosphere (staff is friendly, helpful, funny, you feel like being at home immediately after your arrival), nice living room (a huge TV, DVDs, books, ipads), bedrooms (wooden beds without any noises), good bathrooms (amazing shower, more than one shower!, very clean), big kitchen and the best Portuguese dinner ever - made from Mama. Big compliment to two great and nice brothers who cratered a lovely home for travellers. Thank you!

• 17th Mar 2014

If you are traveling to Lisbon, you MUST stay here! The staff are helpful and friendly. The prices for drinks and food are very cheap. Which brings me to Mamas Dinner. Every night Mama makes a home cooked 3 course meal which is phenomenal! She is also the sweetest lady on the planet. The facilities were spotlessly clean. The common areas were fun and social. I am absolutely in love with this place and wish there were HOMEs everywhere.

This is probably the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in. No complaints. Everything was really nice, the place was cheap, there was a TV with a million movies, Mama's dinners were awesome. Everything was great.

Comfy beds, great common rooms and super friendly staff. Try Mama's dinner if you can, it was great!

Home Hostel is one of the best hostels I have ever been to!!! The staff is as friendly as you would imagine, judging from all the other reviews and it is indeed a perfect place to travel solo. The daily dinners, pub crawls and walking tours are good occasions to socialse and also to explore the city and portuguese culture. Also the hostel is amazingly clean. If you go to lisbon there is no other place to go!

• 16th Mar 2014