Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Nice, but definitely not the "best in the world". Was curious so I paid up, though it's a bit pricey for Lisbon. Mama's dinners were pretty good, was annoying that they charged extra for them on new year's despite not really giving anything extra. First staff member was a bit unfriendly, but after that they were all great. Good atmosphere, friendly people.

It has been a pleasure to stay at Home Lisbon Hostel, the location, the staff and the facilities are amazing! Highly recommended!! Definetely, I will return later !

Nicest hostel in Europe! Way exceeded expectations.

• 26th Dec 2015

People there are amazing and helpful.

Has a great location and great activities (like Momma's dinner, walking tours, Sintra tour and pub crawl) but it is probably better for those who want nightlife. There is a bar downstairs but with the room setup the noise of people entering at late hours can be troublesome. There is a great breakfast and has a lovely bar and lounge to mingle. I didn't spend much time lounging at the hostel but I see how you can. The staff was very helpful as well. Great place but somewhat noisy.

Absolutely amazing hostel and by far the best I've stayed in in Europe! The staff is so friendly and helpful, the facilities are cleaned numerous times a day, Mama's Dinners are an absolute must and the whole lobby area is so comfortable!

• 21st Dec 2015

My third time staying in the hostel. Mamá's dinner is what makes it home, plus the staff (especially Débora and João, warm and welcoming) keep me coming back. -Jay

Beautiful hostel, very good conditions and location, very friendly staff. Was pleased with my experience

I have been having hostel experiences in quite a few cities in Europe, but I have to say this is the best one I've ever stayed! Cosy bed, common areas with superb atmosphere. The dinner time till the end of the night is a must with homemade Portuguese meal by the Mama and happy chats with friends you meet from everywhere in the world. I would highly recommend Home Lisbon as a must-go in the city.

This was the best hostel experience I've ever had!! The location was superb, just in the middle of Lisbon. The staff was excellent, and very friendly. Each night they had a home cooked meal by Mamma, the hostel owners mother- it was delicious and a great way to meet people. The common room was very nice and a great spot for all travelers to hang out. These made meeting people very easy. The rooms were nice, with curtains for privacy on each bed. The lockers were large and locked.

Staff is amazing! Do Mama's homemade dinners and Sintra tour for sure!

• 17th Dec 2015

Great hostel, amazing staff, clean, beautiful, and the dinners by "Mom" were great. Plenty of room to chill quietly. This hostel is awesome. Stay here in Lisbon!

Out of the 20+ hostels I have stayed in this is by far the best one I've ever been to. This hostel made my trip on Lisbon so great. Eat mamas dinner it is the best food ever. Comfy beds, good location, great atmosphere. Loved it.

If I could give a better than 100% review I would. This place was by far the best in Europe. Great rooms (with curtains on the beds), fantastic chill out/living room, great bar, terrific breakfast and out of this world dinners. The perfect place for solo travellers - you will not be solo for long. The staff are beyond incredible and mama...no words can describe how great she is. STAY HERE!! You won't regret it.

GREAT PLACE GREAT PEOPLE, the Sintra tour is amazing and if you are in Lisbon and have time for a day trip to Nazare go for it!!!!!

Outstanding experience. The dinners were delicious and very fun. These people take pride in their work and it shows. I would happily come back.

Stayed here on two different occasions in one week because we loved it so much. The staff were amazing, and incredibly helpful. The breakfasts and dinners are great, as are the free walking tours. The whole place is extremely clean and I loved hanging out in the shared spaces like the computer room and living room

• 14th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

It´s the best hostel I´ve ever stayed in! I travelled alone and it was really easy to get in touch with others there, Mama´s dinner was great and I also recommend the pub crawl. :) The atmosphere is very familiar and the staff memorized your name directly from the beginning. You really feel like a guest, they do everything for you to feel welcome and home :) Also the rooms are very comfortable and everything (especially the bathroom) is very tidy and clean. Thanks for such a great time, Lisa

• 12th Dec 2015

I love my staying very much,! the staff are very helpful and not over friendly . I met lots of interesting people and enjoyed very nice Sintra trip .

One of the best hostels I've ever visited