Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Home Lisbon Hostel is the best hostel I have stayed at. Far surpassed my expectations on every account. The staff are very welcoming and willing to go out of there way to help. The guests are incredibly friendly and made it very easy for a single traveler to feel comfortable. Highly recommend Mama's dinner as it is a very social atmosphere and adds to the experience. Comfortable beds, warm showers, small bar open 24 hours, free laundry and a social living room to hang out in.

It literally becomes your home away from home. The best hostel we have been to

• 15th Jun 2015

The only problem was that after using the men's bathroom the light outside it did not come on until slightly after passing the step, which could cause a twisted ankle?

• 15th Jun 2015

Home Lisbon is amazing. You need to stay here. The location, staff and mama's dinner are amazing! Very good value for money for the atmosphere and all the extra perks you get! Do the tip-based walking tour, it was amazing and the recommendations from the tour gave us things to do every day in Lisbon (make sure you go to Sintra it's the best place in the world). Will definitely come back here if I find myself in Lisbon again.

Thank you to Mamma and all the crew!!! It was an amazing experience and you are a wornderful host!

• 12th Jun 2015

Helpful and friendly staff, great location, and clean facilities. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!

• 11th Jun 2015

The hostel has an incredible location, the staff are lovely and very helpful. The rooms are spacious, beds comfortable and the individual lockers are huge! Everything was great, except: The lockers squeak like crazy while opening them, they drag on the floor and within the rails. If this was improved it would let a lot of tired travellers sleep better! The dorm hallway smelled like actual sh*t. The elevator is not on the very ground floor, there are a few steps upon entry.

• 11th Jun 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Wonderful feature of offering dinner to everyone for a very good price too!

• 11th Jun 2015

Fantastic location, staff, facilities, beds and was always clean. The evening meal deal is a wonderful way to get to know your fellow travelers, and the tv room and bar/dining room were both very conducive to creating a great atmosphere. Every member of staff work 100% towards this being the best hostel in the world.

Awesome time

The hostel has a great location and the staff was so nice to us. They offer good food and tours. The rooms are so clean and there is also a room where you can communicate with other people, play play-station, read book etc. I assure you, you won't be regret to stay there.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Turkey

I cannot recommend this hostel enough, I was so sad to leave! They have plugs and lights by each bed, locked drawers under the beds that can fit your whole bag, and just the friendliest environment. Mama's dinners are amazing, I was a solo traveller and this was the perfect way to meet people!

The best hostel that I have ever been. Like last year all was perfect. Location is very central, very warm and kind staff and the bonus is Mama's diner , perfect meal with a lot of fun. I recommend without any doubt this place.

This would have to be one of the best hostel that I've ever stayed at before. The staff put on so many different events to help create atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again.

Amazing hostel! Staff were very nice and helpful and they have some great things planned! Make sure you go to Momma's dinner at least once because you get to have good food and you meet a lot of people from the hostel. The beds were the best I've had in a hostel. Would definitely stay here again!

Mama's dinner is really worth it. It's only 10 euros and you get a three courses meal with all the alcohol you want. Great place to meet people. Wifi works everywhere. Every bed has his own curtain, light, electricity access and drawer. Bring your own padlock. Really nice staff, always ready to help you and suggest nice local places to eat if you want to go out. I will return to this hostel at the end of my trip. Very clean as well. They give bracelet keys so you don't lose it if you're drunk :)

Incredible staff so friendly and helpful... good vibe good food made by the sweet mama. Best place in 20 years travelling

The room I was arranged is opposite to the toliet. It is crazily noisy!! I stayed here for 5 nights! And could not have a good sleep for one night! But the breakfast is very delicious. The location is good, but I still will not choose it any more although it is very popular.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • China

Amazing hostel! Keep up the great work. The sintra tour definately won me over! Wish i could have stayed longer. Bathrooms kind of smelled though but great ac in the rooms itself.

• 4th Jun 2015

We LOVE Home Lisbon Hostel :) Amazing vibes, helpful and friendly staff, clean facilities, just overall an awesome experience. Definitely the best hostel I've stayed in so far!