Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Home Lisbon was simply the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Mamma, thank you very much for all you did to make my Lisbon experience incredible and unforgettable! I really appreciated it!

Amazing hostel! I loved every second of my visit to Home Hostel and I hope to return soon!

• 7th Nov 2014

Everything was perfect, you deserve 100%

If you are deciding on a hostel to stay in Lisbon, this is it. It will provide you with the most warm and homely experience that you won't want to leave it. This is largely owed to the awesome and friendly Mama who prepares her homemade dinner every night for her guests at 8.30 pm for 10 euros. Her renowned and delicious 'Mama's dinner' comes with soup, bread, mains and dessert.

Really enjoy my stay there. Great atmosphere and lovely staff!

It was an amazing stay ! Home hostel was the best par of Lisbon for us. Staff is very kind- I got sick during my stay and everyone was trying to help me, they genuinely cared. Rooms are great, you have a small curtain for privacy, a lamp, a locker (bring your lock) and a plug for your personal use. Everything was cleaned (I think the bathroom was cleaned 5 times a day), hot water in the showers. Commun areas were great, beautiful living room with tv, books, iPads... and AWESOME diners & pubcrawl

The name "Home Hostel" isn't just a name. It's a fact. I have never felt so comfortable, literally (because the beds are awesome and everything is super nice) and metaphorically (because everyone is helpful and welcoming). You have to do Mama's dinner! Make sure to sign up. Wish I had more time in Lisbon, because this was the best hostel I've ever stayed at!

We had an amazing time at Home Lisbon Hostel. Lovely homely atmosphere, great guests and staff and Mama of course! I loved that every bed had its own lamp and shelf plus cupboard. Really felt like coming home after a long day of sightseeing and eating :) Definitely want to come back!! Obrigada :)

• 5th Nov 2014

I seriously have nothing to complain about this hostel. Everything was perfect and I would recommend to everybody. It was very clean, the dinner was really good, the night events and the walking tour they organized were totally worth it and the staff were awesome!

Our stay at home lisbon hostel was my best experience ever in terms of cheap accomodation. Clean, modern and warm interior design, nice beds, big breakfast buffet etc. It will be my obvious choise for future Lisbon stays. Thanks a lot guys!!

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

By far, the best hostel i've stayed in. Excelent location, cheap, clean, great staff, amazing atmosphere. It has everything you can ask for in an hostel.

Best hostel there is. Amazing staff and facilities.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Just left lisbon after the most amazing time staying at home. This place has ruined any other hostel for us as I don't anywhere else could beat it. From the moment you walk through the door and have your shot of Gina and shown around the gorgeous facilities you feel like you really are home. Mamas cooking every night is delicious and such a fun social event great way to meet people and sample some Portuguese cuisine, we loved it so much we didn't bother eating out. The beds are soooo comfortable

Very fitting name, emphasis on the "home" part. The staff really does a good job of making you feel welcomed and the dinner prepared my Mama is a must! Great drink specials and they offer great tours also!

Everything was perfect

• 2nd Nov 2014

The best Hostel I've ever stayed!!! The staff is excellent and super friendly anytime! I loved the beds with the curtains cause you can have privacy if you want to. Definitly try Mammas Dinner!!! It is worth it! Thank you all so much for this 5 days! I'll come back when I'm in Lisbon!

So many good things about this hostel! Where do I start? Super friendly staff, immaculately clean, great location, very good price, and good security. We were just there for a weekend but we wanted to stay longer. I can not recommend this hostel or a trip to Lisbon enough!

• 30th Oct 2014

could use more ventilation in the bathroom

Amazing hostel in a good location with an incredible atmosphere! The staff are extremely helpful and Mamma's meals will go down as a trip highlight! Thank you!!

• 27th Oct 2014

Everything was wonderful except the beds. I've never slept in such squeaky bunks. Makes sleeping very difficult even with ear plugs in if you are a light sleeper.