Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

One of the best hostels I've been to! Mama's dinner is a MUST. Dinner included a cauliflower soup, with bread. meat loaf with a crispy crust and a delicious berry tart dessert. It was delicious and 100% home made! Great atmosphere and central. I would go back just for Mama's dinner! I very highly recommend Lisbon Home Hostel.

• 20th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels I've had the pleasure of staying in. Such a friendly atmosphere around the place, the famous Mamas dinners were only available on one of the nights I stayed which I unfortunately missed but even without that I'd highly recommend staying here. The staff and people in the hostel make it what it is but location, price and facilities were spot on too. I'll definitely stay here on my next trip to Lisbon.

• 19th Mar 2014

Just like home.... The real soul of the hostel is Home's Mamma who creates incredibly warm atmosphere at traditional Home's dinners every evening! Such events are really great and unite all the guests of the hostel in a very natural way. You can spend all the day at the hostel chatting with extremely friendly staff, reading funny notes at the walls and enjoying relaxing atmosphere of the place. Thank you! Great job!

Very good location, price, and atmosphere . Very friendly staff! :-) Wifi is available in the room. Beds are comfortable to sleep in. Breakfast is good! The only thing that may be not perfect is it is Too Dark in the Room. I'll live here again next time I visit Lisbon!

100% for this Hostel because: great atmosphere (staff is friendly, helpful, funny, you feel like being at home immediately after your arrival), nice living room (a huge TV, DVDs, books, ipads), bedrooms (wooden beds without any noises), good bathrooms (amazing shower, more than one shower!, very clean), big kitchen and the best Portuguese dinner ever - made from Mama. Big compliment to two great and nice brothers who cratered a lovely home for travellers. Thank you!

• 17th Mar 2014

If you are traveling to Lisbon, you MUST stay here! The staff are helpful and friendly. The prices for drinks and food are very cheap. Which brings me to Mamas Dinner. Every night Mama makes a home cooked 3 course meal which is phenomenal! She is also the sweetest lady on the planet. The facilities were spotlessly clean. The common areas were fun and social. I am absolutely in love with this place and wish there were HOMEs everywhere.

This is probably the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in. No complaints. Everything was really nice, the place was cheap, there was a TV with a million movies, Mama's dinners were awesome. Everything was great.

Comfy beds, great common rooms and super friendly staff. Try Mama's dinner if you can, it was great!

Home Hostel is one of the best hostels I have ever been to!!! The staff is as friendly as you would imagine, judging from all the other reviews and it is indeed a perfect place to travel solo. The daily dinners, pub crawls and walking tours are good occasions to socialse and also to explore the city and portuguese culture. Also the hostel is amazingly clean. If you go to lisbon there is no other place to go!

• 16th Mar 2014

Amazing hostel, so easy to meet people and a great atmosphere. The dinners are quality and the staff was always helpful, definitely recommended if you're staying in Lisbon.

Everything is Perfect! Really wonderful experience in Lisbon! The staff is useful and friendly. And I like mama' dinner~Also made friends in the dorm.

Generally OK. Actually I know better place for stay in Lisbon. In our 4 bed room there were no one chair, nothing to hang jacket or towel, the balcony seemed to fall down if only you stay feet on it. By the way we left our door open for a couple of minutes and somebody still a bottle of parfum, well it our fault. but the problem is that front desk didn't have recording in spite of the cameras are everywhere!

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Poland

It was the BEST hostel i stayed in my life!! Everything perfect and better. Every detail is thought to make you stay comfortable. And it is so nice that you want leave. The staff is really nice and help you in everything you need! dont hesitate!! thank you!

Bless Mamma and her sons for their insight in backpackers' needs and wishes and for their ambition to try to fullfill these. All with warmth and style. Thank you for all.

I felt at home at lisboa due to this wonderfull hostel. It truely feels like home, i met many nice peoples, gained some new travel buddy's and discovered this relaxed city. Staff was really great. Breakfast is free (!) and mama's diner....all has been said before. wonderfull place. Good facilities, just go there!

One of the best hostels I ever stayed at. Truly felt like home and the Mama's dinner is the best!!! perfect location, very helpful staff and very clean. I loved the breakfast too. I cannot say anything wrong for this HOME! I'll be coming back there very soon :D

this was the absolute BEST hostel i have ever stayed!!! definitely going back!

• 10th Mar 2014

had an great time here and in lisbon. the hostel was warm, welcoming, clean, and everything everyones said it is. staff was friendly and helpful. facilities all clean. yes the mammas dinner was good. great price and a wonderful way to meet other people. went on the pubcrawl one night - lot of fun. but i had even more fun just hanging out with everyone at the hostel. absolutely loved lisbon itself and hope to be back one day!

It is a best hostel in Lisbon. So near to cafe streets and city center. So nice staff. Facilities are very good. And cheap :)

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in, cannot recommend it enough. Staff are friendly and helpful, Mama's dinner is not only delicious but provides you with a great way of meeting people, especially for solo travellers like myself. Beds are very comfy and showers are excellent. Priced exceedingly well! I could easily have stayed for longer than 3 nights.