Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This is by far the best hostel I've stayed in while solotravelling Europe. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean. The staff are absolutely incredible and are so welcoming and friendly upon arrival. It really feels like home the minute you walk in. Mamma's dinners are very social and so delicious and she is the sweetest lady you will ever meet. The day trips/boat cruise outings were also a great time and a great way to meet people. Stay at this hostel you will not regret it one bit!!l

I had a great time here. lovely hostel, great rooms and bathrooms, all very clean. they organise a group dinner each night and for 10 euros you get a soup, main, desert and unlimited wine and beer. the food was all homecooked by "mama", a lovely lady.

This hostel really does feel like home. The RFID key bracelets allow you to enter and lock your luggage in the drawers. I slept so well there and had 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep! The staff are so helpful and the day trip to the beach with Francisco was really fun. Definitely do Mama's dinner - not only are they delicious but she's the sweetest and cutest woman ever!

Loved staying here! The place is always clean and the facilities are super awesome! Huge bathrooms, toilets and chill out area. Mumma's food is absolutely delicious! 3 course meal for 10€ cannot beat it! Saves you the effort looking for a Portuguese restaurant when she is serving food right at your nose! All the staff are friendly and really great people! 5 stars!!!!!

Fix the loose locking of the room 410 door. When there is an airflow created from other opening/closing doors on the floor it bangs. Which means it bangs a lot 😒. I already informed the reception guy when we left.

Amazing quality and value for money. One of the best hostels ive stayed in.

very helpful staff, clean, quiet in the dorms, god breakfast, good located

Couldn't recommend this place enough!! The staff is the friendliest and most welcoming I've ever met... I now understand why the hostel is called Home Lisbon, cause there's no way you wouldn't feel at home here... Mama's dinners are not only AMAZING but a great way to meet other travellers... I was so sad to leave but can't wait to be back!! Thanks again mama for the lemon tea!

Great dinner

• 24th Jun 2015

Best Hostel ever!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Home Hostel Lisbon blew my mind away. I've stayed in hostels before, but the vibe and everything about this place was far superior than any I've ever been to. The staff was so friendly and helpful, my room was great (felt more like a hotel room), and I felt totally comfortable traveling there alone and making friends. I've already recommended Home Hostel to all of my friends - I wish I could have stayed longer.

• 23rd Jun 2015

The atmosphere is amazing for meeting people, the bathrooms and showers are so clean, and Mamma's dinner is absolutely amazing!! All of the staff were so great as well and the hostel offers so much to the guests in terms of things to do.

• 23rd Jun 2015

The facilities were in excellent condition, but the men's bathroom on the dorm floor always smelled like urine whenever I walked in. It wasn't very bad, but definitely noticeable.

Amazing time. Amazing people. Amazing food. This place left such an impact on my time in Lisbon

At 31 years old I was aprehensive about staying in a hostel for the first time in my life but I was pleasantly surprised. Great place and lovely staff and Mammas dinner is a must!

• 20th Jun 2015

I have been surprised by the very warm and attentioned welcome from our host Jean. Unfortunately, we only have stayed there for a night. But the shadow of a doubt it is by far my favorite Professional and friendly

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

The breakfast included was delicious, as was the optional group dinner. Staff was friendly and helpful. This is definitely a very well run and professional hostel. Recommended.

Fantastic hostel with excellent staff and facilities, as well as great home cooked food my the mother of the house, would highly recommend

best hostel in the world

The best hostel we have ever been in!

• 17th Jun 2015