Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

My friends and I all agree that this is BY FAR the best hostel we have ever stayed at. The staff is awesome and Mamas dinners are AMAZING. Perfect atmosphere all around and couldn't ask for a better location. We will definitely be back!

• 12th Nov 2014

The standard of hostels in Portugal is amazing. Home Lisbon Hostel is not only one of the best hostels in Portugal, it is one of the nicest I have ever stayed in! There are a great selection of activities to join in on. The dinner especially was a great way to meet other people. The one down side of this great hostel, was that guests felt so at home, it was hard to convince others to venture out of the hostel!

Best hostel ever. Mama's food is AWESOME! If i'm coming to Lisbon again, for sure I will stay at Home Hostel. Cheers

Home Lisbon Hostel was hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The facilities were fantastic, the staff was so friendly and helpful, it was clean, in a great location, the atmosphere was so warm and inviting, PLUS...super comfy beds! They organise great walking tours and a lovely tour to Sintra, and Cabo da Roca, which really blew me away. I really didn't want to leave Lisbon!

• 10th Nov 2014

This is the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff are amazingly helpful and friendly and mama is incredible, just like her cooking. Staying here was the best decision I ever made.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

Best Hostel I have ever stayed at

Best hostel ever!

The best hostel I have ever stayed in all over Europe. Such a welcoming environment, awesome home cooked meals from Mama, great tours and pub crawls. Amazing rooms too.

The location is perfect! Right in the city center close to all the must see places! I could actually walk everywhere.The hostel is very clean it is one of the cleanest hostel I ever stayed in Europe! No bad surprises when going to the toilet/shower, very modern equipments/no issue with hot water and NO BED BUGS!! The breakfast is included and I was quite surprised with the wide choice + everything was fresh. Best quality price value hostel no wonder why it won the best hostel in the world award!

There isn't enough characters allowed to express how much I loved this place. I wanted to stay longer in Lisbon not because of the city but because of this place. Mamma's dinners are absolutely delicious and many stay in and eat as a family. When you have a great environment like that people tend to be nicer and approachable so even the travelers were great. I miss this place and I hope I can come back again. Mamma is the best!

Home Lisbon was simply the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Mamma, thank you very much for all you did to make my Lisbon experience incredible and unforgettable! I really appreciated it!

Amazing hostel! I loved every second of my visit to Home Hostel and I hope to return soon!

• 7th Nov 2014

Everything was perfect, you deserve 100%

If you are deciding on a hostel to stay in Lisbon, this is it. It will provide you with the most warm and homely experience that you won't want to leave it. This is largely owed to the awesome and friendly Mama who prepares her homemade dinner every night for her guests at 8.30 pm for 10 euros. Her renowned and delicious 'Mama's dinner' comes with soup, bread, mains and dessert.

Really enjoy my stay there. Great atmosphere and lovely staff!

It was an amazing stay ! Home hostel was the best par of Lisbon for us. Staff is very kind- I got sick during my stay and everyone was trying to help me, they genuinely cared. Rooms are great, you have a small curtain for privacy, a lamp, a locker (bring your lock) and a plug for your personal use. Everything was cleaned (I think the bathroom was cleaned 5 times a day), hot water in the showers. Commun areas were great, beautiful living room with tv, books, iPads... and AWESOME diners & pubcrawl

The name "Home Hostel" isn't just a name. It's a fact. I have never felt so comfortable, literally (because the beds are awesome and everything is super nice) and metaphorically (because everyone is helpful and welcoming). You have to do Mama's dinner! Make sure to sign up. Wish I had more time in Lisbon, because this was the best hostel I've ever stayed at!

We had an amazing time at Home Lisbon Hostel. Lovely homely atmosphere, great guests and staff and Mama of course! I loved that every bed had its own lamp and shelf plus cupboard. Really felt like coming home after a long day of sightseeing and eating :) Definitely want to come back!! Obrigada :)

• 5th Nov 2014