Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

THE BEST HOSTEL OF OUR HOLE TRIP IN EUROPE!!! Thank you to all the great staff :)

• 25th Jun 2014

Best hostel. Special thanks to Diana, Andre, and Francisco for a great beach tour. Mamas Dinner is the best deal in town as well.

• 25th Jun 2014

Best hostel ever. Excellent location, with excellent infrastructure. The staff is the sweetest, and the food and atmosphere are amazing. Certainly will come back, already miss the place!

This review will be very redundant, but staying here has been the best hostel experience I have ever had. I was traveling alone, but never felt alone. Everyone from the staff to the people staying here are all super friendly. The vibe the staff creates is the best. Momma's dinner is as amazing as other people have said. Do the pub crawl and walking tour! They started doing a beach trip which was also a great time.

Had an amazing time! Thank you for everything! Only thing I'd change would be time for breakfast. Finishing at 10am was a bit too early, especially for the ones going to the pub crawl. 11am would be perfect.

• 23rd Jun 2014

This is the place to stay in Lisbon! Everything you wish a hostel would be. I've stayed in many hostels now, and would say this one is one of the best I've ever stayed at. Staff is lovely, location is amazing, the rooms are beautiful, beds have curtains for privacy and a light and plug. Mama's dinner is the best thing ever. I could go on and on about everything that was so amazing, but you should just go here yourself!

The hostel is amazing...I felt like I was at home. The nightly dinners are a must. The staff is amazingly helpful and they are always willing to help you on anything. Not to mention that I loved the rooms, beds and the personal decoration of the place. My favorite hostel in the world.

Only place to stay in Lisbon!

We loved our stay! The staff was friendly and very helpful. Fun! Great value beer and wine at the bar! Walking distance to everything we wanted to see. Would definitely stay here again.

• 21st Jun 2014

Second time here, this time with friends for a bachelor party and they weren't disappointed!!! The staff is always nice, Mama still cooks like a chef for 50 people and the place itself is just amazing...comfy bed, big lockers, hightech kitchen, big TV with hundreds of DVDs for rainy days, iPads, books, a really cheap bar, and all right in the center of the city at a walking distance of everything...what else can you ask for when going to a hostel?! I will definitely see their faces again

amazing! can't hope for a place more welcoming with such a good atmosphere

• 20th Jun 2014

A great hostel, I came here the previous year and knew I wanted to come back. It's the sort of place where you just feel welcome and comfortable. The rooms are a good size, there facilities have everything you need and the are plenty of places to socialize and chill out. There is he option for an evening meal with the hosts and I highly recomend it, the food is traditional Portuguese dishes.

• 20th Jun 2014

Amazing hostel! One of a kind. I felt at home in this hostel. Facilities were amazing. It is also a fair-trade hostel. I don't think they advertise that here. Anyway, book this without hesitation! Best for solo travellers. You meet a lot of people here. It is about 15-20 minute walk to V&A Waterfront (which is probably the most touristic area in Cape Town) but you can take a $5 cab ride from the hostel - which is recommended especially at night. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly.

Home already has dozens of excellent reviews and now I understand why. This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff is incredible! Everyone is always smiling and willing to help. The food is phenomenal. The decor of the hostel is beautiful. I don´t have a single complaint about Home. I will certainly be back there one day. It is a one of kind place and I am so happy I had the opportunity to stay there and meet the Home ´family´. Thanks to everyone for their hospitality!

Mama makes the best food in Portugal. Shout out to Tiago and his pub crawls they made the nights fun and exciting.

• 19th Jun 2014

A really great hostel, loved it!

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

I have stayed at about 25 hostels and this is the best one I have ever stayed at. The mom's dinner is a must, the rooms are extremely clean, but its the atmosphere, location and price that make it truly an excellent hostel. Book now.

I can not praise the staff of Home Lisbon Hostel highly enough. I am missing them already; they were brilliant ! Their welcome, their friendliness, their attention to detail, and their all-round hospitality are second to none. The hostel is well located, very homely and spotlessly clean. I must also mention the wonderful Mama and her delicious dinners. Without doubt, Home Lisbon Hostel is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. A huge thank you!

• 17th Jun 2014

Great hostel located in the centre of town. Really welcoming staff and the daily home cooked dinners for 10 EUR are delicious - the whole hostel sits down for a 3 course meal together each night. Also there is a decent free breakfast with scrambled eggs. Would stay again.

Great atmosphere and staff. Mama's dinners are amazing! One thing - towel is not for free (2 €)

• 17th Jun 2014