Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Really nice time. These guys have a winning recipe for a great stay.

• 6th Feb 2015

Well, it's an amazing hostel, low cost accomodation, welcome drink, in the city center, amazing staff and incredible facilities, it's well within my top 10 hostel worldwide.

It's a home away from home! Momma and the staff are so welcoming and take real good care of you. The atmosphere here was amazing everyone knew each other and was sitting and chatting, swapping stories and tips. As a single traveler I was never alone ( unless I wanted to be) . Food was amazing ! Mommas dinner are a must not just for the food but for the amazing bonding experience between travelers. Met some amazing people here! Clean comfortable but does have some stairs to climb (lift available)

It was my 3rd time at the home Lisbon hostel and like the 2 times before it was all more than perfect! Lovely staff and super clean. I'm a huge fan of mama's dinner :) A must try if you stay there!

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Guys, if you are looking for a great and relaxed place to stay, this is the perfect choice! Don't hesitate to just book it! Great atmosphere, cool trips, walking tour and people just made my stay very welcome...would absolutely come back anytime again!!!

It was my first solo trip and I really enjoyed my time there. The staff is amazing, so helpful. The location is great. I totally recommend this hostel, mamas food is simple the best. LOVE IT ♡

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Dominican Republic

The best ! Thank you for the great experience!

Believe the hype. All of the best parts of a chain hostel - clean, comfortable, amazing facilities - with the spirit and community vibe of a small hostel.

BEST HOSTEL EVER. I dont even know where to begin. air company lost my luggage and when i arrived, in a terrible mood, Débora received me with a smile, comfirting words and a ginginha.next day, Francisco spent 30min with me trying to call my insurance. Their dinner is great, for only 10eur, it is also a way to get to know the other travelers, i met so many interesting people! Best dinner conversarions of my life. Went to pub crawl everyday too. It is near the subway. Why are u considering other?

Best hostel I've stayed at so far. The atmosphere at this hostel is unlike anywhere else. It really does feel like "home" and dinner here is amazing!! There's always people in the common areas so if you're traveling alone it's very easy to meet people. The facilities are fairly new and they have people that clean them daily. The staff was pretty helpful but really nice for the most part. Would love to stay here again if I'm ever back in Lisbon!

Clean bathrooms. Excellent location. Really cool staff!!! Highly recommended!

Brilliant accommodation, most friendly staff ever encountered in my travels. Only 1 tiny point, apart from locking bags in the store room before check in, the underbed storage wasa not lockable.

• 31st Jan 2015

The washrooms could have been cleaner!

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

awesome hostel!!! i stayed at yes and home and they were both fantastic in all departments. yes is a tiny bit more party orientated but the staff in home were really great. you will have a great time in either

Wonderful experience. The hostel is amazing.

• 29th Jan 2015

Great hostel, great staff, and a great location. The room I stayed in (4 bed mixed dorm), had everything you could hope for: curtains on the beds, individual power points, shells and lights for each bed and large under bed lockers. It is a bit loud due to street noise, but I had no issues sleeping during my stay. The staff were great, as were the offered yours. There isn't really anything to complain about, as its one of the nicest hostels I've been to. I highly recommend this place.

They call themself home Lisbon and that's really what they are, 'a home' in Lisbon. I felt at home immediately. The staff is super, super, super.( and that's without exaggerating). The beds are made for sleeping( i've seen others in other hostels, believe me) and the place is superclean. I felt homesick when i was back home in belgium, so much i miss it.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

I usually don't leave reviews BUT I loved this place. I really have nothing bad to say! I met some amazing people and ate some amazing food from Mama. After backpacking for a month, this was the best hostel I've ever stayed at!!! Definitely recommend!

• 27th Jan 2015

more friendly would be difficult

I had a great stay in Lisbon, I honestly don't think there is a better hostel out there than this. Especially wen you compare value for money. The only thing we disliked was the fact that the beds made a pretty loud sound when someone turned around. Besides this everything was lovely, clean and the staff was extremely friendly. The dinner was great, the breakfast was really nice compared to what I've seen in other hostels, and the location was perfect.

• 27th Jan 2015