Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

they say home is where the heart is and i left a peice of my heart here at Home Hostel

This hostel is PERFECT!! The staff is so lovely! The breakfast is amazing and tasty! The hostel is very clean. I definitely recommend it and will definitely go back there the next time I visit Lisbon.

Home hostel is probably the cleanest and nicest hostel ive stayed in and fab value for money. As soon as you walk in you feel a wave of relief, it is so 'homely' and the staff make you feel really welcome. The rooms and beds are so comfortable you have your own private little pod! And nice high ceilings so fresh air you wake up feeling refreshed. Catch up on some zs but also really good place to party as the atmosphere in the bar is awesome and they have pub crawls & good advice from staff

Home hostel was amazing! I was there for 9 night which I thought may have been too long but there was so many tours put on by the staff which were all excellent, so many things to do in Lisbon and it's perfectly located, the accommodation was spotless the staff Were all so friendly and accommodating, I highly recommend the sit down meal in the evenings cooked by the lovely mumma who joins you, thank you everyone at home hostel for making my stay truly memerable, I will return, Rhys

• 3rd Aug 2015

I can't wait to come back and visit. Make sure you do the dinner!

• 3rd Aug 2015

One of the best if not the best hostel I have been to. Mama was amazing and so was her dinners. The staff was absolutely amazing and very accommodating. Will definitely be going back there.

• 2nd Aug 2015

Everything was great. The staff were supernice and helpful. Just love the concept that Mama cooked dinner every day. It felt like you were attending a big family dinner. So cozy!

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Sweden

This is hands down the best European hostel I have stayed in. The staff here is so friendly, breakfast is great, and the accommodations are clean and comfortable. There is an option to have a home cooked meal here and I unfortunately did not have time to participate; however, that gives me even more of a reason to stay at Home Hostel in the future when i return to Lisbon!

This is one of, if not the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff are amazing, Mama's dinners are awesome! Really good facilities and rooms are on a separate floor to the common area so you aren't kept awake. Stay here!!!

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! The design is really clever, the showers are clean and don't flood, the lockers under the bed are huge and lock with your own door key, curtains across your bunk and each bunk has a light and power point. Having the option of a home cooked meal was a great idea too although we missed it. Good location, easy to reach by metro or airport bus. Staff were all very friendly. We had some technical issues with the swipe door and swipe locks but this was fixed asap

I love the environment this place employs it makes everyone feel right at home. please keep it up. I love everything there is to love about this hostel. This is the truest embodiment of what a hostel is supposed to be. Mamas meals are the best thing at the end of a great day of exploration. I can't wait til I get the opportunity to stay here again. I'm very much looking forward to it.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. From Momma's dinners to the walking tour, I had a great time! I met so many people and travelers that were curious and outgoing! Everyone was welcoming and this atmosphere was super ideal...with everyone being super friendly and kind! I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone. This was my 2nd hostel experience ever, and now, my favorite.

i got in later in the evening and was flying out early the next morning, back to the states, so i didn't get to spend nearly as much time here as i wanted. staff were super nice. i walked in during the Mama's dinner. the hostel is nice, clean, and comfortable. definitely one of the nicest i've been in, and i'm definitely going to stay here when i give Lisbon a proper visit.

Stop reading this review and just go and book this hostel. I've made a lot of bad choices in life but this definitely isn't one of them!!

Everything about this place was awesome. The staff were so amazing and helpful. As a person who has been travelling for a while now it was also really nice to have a home cooked meal by mama for dinner.

A very friendly, welcoming hostel with lots of activities and staff that want to ensure that your stay is as comfortable as possible.

Was incredible days on the hostel! The staff is really cool and the mama's dinner is amazing!

Amazing hostel, staff were so friendly and welcoming.

• 26th Jul 2015

Extremely attentive and helpful staff who makes you feel at home right away, always asking if they can help! The facilities were kept spotless even with the number of people coming in and out, wood floor bathroom and appreciated attention to details down to the hook on the towel that you can borrow for 3€. Minor suggestion is having hooks in the room as well. Thanks Deborah and HOME!

Best hostel! Definitely deserves all the positive reviews and awards. Felt as if I truly was at home from the moment I entered, until the moment I left. The highlight was my first night, which was also my birthday. During dinner (where everyone sits together), I had mentioned that it was my birthday, and half an hour later, there was cake and sparkling wine coming out, before everyone started singing happy birthday. Was truly special!! Thanks a lot guys, can't wait to be back next time !