Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

; I stayed just one night it is a very good furnished hostel. a friendly atmophere at the bar

One of the best hostel I´ve ever been, with Cason de Odile in El Bolson, Argentina. It was the same great feeling, I felt like in my own place, with incredible nice and helpful staff. The hostel to stay in Lisbon!

Very nice staff, good location, great dinner nights!

Wonderful stay at Home Lisboa - truly felt like home!

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Singapore

This hostel definitely deserves it's reputation, everything was perfect, from Mamma's delicious dinners to their very comfortable beds. It defiantly made me feel at home, it created the perfect environment to meet lots of new people, the location was amazing, the staff were very friendly and were able to answer all my questions about touristy activities. Can't wait to go back and stay at this lovely hostel again.

Awesome hostel, great location, the staff loves everything and they actually put effort into making your stay the best. The rooms are nice, the living room is a great spot to hang out/watch movies, and of course "Mamma's Dinners"!

Re Facilities. As a more mature traveller I would have liked a small quiet lounge with good lighting so that I could relax and read in the evenings. This is NOT a criticism of the facilities provided - they were first class. The subdued lighting and 'buzzing' atmosphere is perfect for the young people who were there. I love their company - they have such positive outlooks and are good to be with. Curtains on the lower bunks are the best idea since sliced bread!

• 26th Feb 2014

Excellent staff! Sexurity was the best of any hostel i have been to. You get a huge locker under your bed, soooo convenient. There are curtains on every bed for privacy. Very clean!! Great facilities. Never had a problem! Mamas dinner is a must!! Great hostel!!

Exceptionally well-planned out hostel: everything you would want, from a traditional, home-cooked 3-course meal to a 40-inch TV with PS3, a huge DVD collection and comfy sofas. The bar staff were very friendly and interesting to talk to, the pub crawl was both well-run and went to very good places and the rooms are modern and very comfy. I'll be returning whenever I have a weekend off to visit both the hostel and the city itself

Great Place, super friendly staff , perfect location.

• 22nd Feb 2014

I have been to many hostels and this one is just amazing. Really good beds, nice rooms, good security and an stunning breakfast included. I can just recommend to opt for mamas dinner, it is really tasty and good value for money.

Absolutely LOVED the hostel, definitely recommend it, it's the best hostel I've ever stayed at (and I've done my fair share of travelling and hostels...). Great location, very clean, comfortable beds, spacious rooms and the breakfast is amazing: they even serve scrambled eggs! And on top of all these great things, there's the staff: they are absolutely brilliant, attentive, helpful and they really make you feel at home!

Perfect!! It was the best hostel I been there ever! Clean, good breakfast, Nice people, best location and the price is really honest. The freewalking with INÊS was an awesome experience! Lisbon is definitely a nice place to go and enjoy. Thank you guys, João, Francisco and Inês to make my time in Lisbon better than I expected. Eduardo - Brazil

• 20th Feb 2014

The best place I have stayed.

Quite simply, this is the best hostel in the world! I cannot thank Home Lisbon Hostel enough for the amazing stay. The location is the best you could ask for; the rooms are modern, clean, and secure; breakfast (free!) includes sausages and eggs in addition to the usual fare; staff are amazing (upon arrival they immediately greeted us with a free drink and muffin!); and Mama's dinners are simply to die for. This is the only hostel I will stay at in Lisbon. It really feels like home! Thank you!

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HOSTEL. The price for the quality that you are given is unrivalled. Mamma's dinner is a great thing to try if you stay here- very tasty! Staff are very friendly and facilities such as the living room/kitchen/bedrooms are high quality. Free breakfasts and walking tours are available for all guests which is an added bonus. Lockers underneath the beds also are very useful.

This place was AMAZING. Super clean, showers that were way hotter and have more water pressure than my own home, fantastic atmosphere (go to Mama's dinners!), awesome staff (we had a check-in shot...at 10am...), huge lockers, good wifi, comfy beds with curtains, plugs, and reading lights, and solid security in a central yet quiet part of town. Best hostel I've ever stayed in, bar none.

Everything was perfect. 500 characters are not enough to describe how awesome this hostel is. I stayed in 10 during my trip but this was far the best!

best hostel ever. enough said. stay here.

Better than ANY HOTEL. Clean and homey, CENTRAL breakfast way above my expectations. They cook FREE breakfast for you! And I can´t emphasize enough the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Joao really went out of his way to make my stay exceptional, I felt so comfortable and welcome, he even welcomed my friend who met me in Lisbon but wasn´t even staying in the hostel. They are efficient and so lovely to all who enter! This is the only place I will ever stay when I visit Lisbon.