Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Perfect!! It was the best hostel I been there ever! Clean, good breakfast, Nice people, best location and the price is really honest. The freewalking with INÊS was an awesome experience! Lisbon is definitely a nice place to go and enjoy. Thank you guys, João, Francisco and Inês to make my time in Lisbon better than I expected. Eduardo - Brazil

• 20th Feb 2014

The best place I have stayed.

Quite simply, this is the best hostel in the world! I cannot thank Home Lisbon Hostel enough for the amazing stay. The location is the best you could ask for; the rooms are modern, clean, and secure; breakfast (free!) includes sausages and eggs in addition to the usual fare; staff are amazing (upon arrival they immediately greeted us with a free drink and muffin!); and Mama's dinners are simply to die for. This is the only hostel I will stay at in Lisbon. It really feels like home! Thank you!

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HOSTEL. The price for the quality that you are given is unrivalled. Mamma's dinner is a great thing to try if you stay here- very tasty! Staff are very friendly and facilities such as the living room/kitchen/bedrooms are high quality. Free breakfasts and walking tours are available for all guests which is an added bonus. Lockers underneath the beds also are very useful.

This place was AMAZING. Super clean, showers that were way hotter and have more water pressure than my own home, fantastic atmosphere (go to Mama's dinners!), awesome staff (we had a check-in shot...at 10am...), huge lockers, good wifi, comfy beds with curtains, plugs, and reading lights, and solid security in a central yet quiet part of town. Best hostel I've ever stayed in, bar none.

Everything was perfect. 500 characters are not enough to describe how awesome this hostel is. I stayed in 10 during my trip but this was far the best!

best hostel ever. enough said. stay here.

Better than ANY HOTEL. Clean and homey, CENTRAL breakfast way above my expectations. They cook FREE breakfast for you! And I can´t emphasize enough the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Joao really went out of his way to make my stay exceptional, I felt so comfortable and welcome, he even welcomed my friend who met me in Lisbon but wasn´t even staying in the hostel. They are efficient and so lovely to all who enter! This is the only place I will ever stay when I visit Lisbon.

It's like home. A small hostel where you'll feel home, with very nice staff. Don't wait for big parties in the hostel, but for a very good peace enviromnent.

No question the best hostel I've visited. Joao and Mama kick ass. This hostel has the rare combination of a good social atmosphere without sacrificing a peaceful place to sleep since the dorms and the bar are on separate floors of the building. The dinners are fantastic and the beer flows generously. The TV lounge is comfortable and the beds are very comfortable with outlets, LED lights, and big lockable drawers for your stuff. Stay here.

This is by far one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!!! Mama's cooking is amazing and a must! The free breakfast is great with a lot to offer. The staff are excellent - very friendly and helpful. The wristband keys are AWESOME!!! best idea ever. The rooms are great with a powerpoint for each bed and the lower bunks have curtains for their own privacy. It is definitely like a home! The common room is great with an awesome set up for tv, movies and games. My sister and I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

This is definitevly the best hostel i´ve ever stayed in. The location is perfect, rooms are big, clean and the beds are very comfortable. The hostel offers great activities like walking tours, pubcrawls and of course the famous "mamas dinner" which i enjoyed 7 times. The atmosphere that is beeing created trough this gathering is unique. You will definitevly have a great time there! Another thing that makes the hostel so special is the unbelievably friendly and helpful staff!

Best hostel ever! The facilities, atmosphere and location are second to none! Mamma's dinners were great and all of the staff couldn't be nicer. Would come back to here for sure and recommend to anybody.

We had a very nice stay at Home Hostel Lisbon. I've never been to a hostel that had such a pleasant atmosphere - which definitely was due to the friendly staff who gave us a warm welcome! Also the facilities were perfect: spacious and comfortable beds, a hairdryer in the room, possibility to lock away your belongings, possibility to lend towels, free breakfast (awesome!) and free coffee and tee. And not to forget Mamma's dinner (if you have the chance, sign up at least once)!

• 8th Feb 2014

When we arrived we were greeted with shots of ginja and were even given some complimentary sangria. The experience just got better, the rooms, bathrooms, and facilities were both accessible and clean. The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast each morning was awesome. I would highly recommend the city tour that leaves at 10. Staying in Lisbon was an amazing experience and part of what made this experience amazing was the hostel and the staff.

Great hostel, with perfectly equiped kitchen and living room. Clean rooms and really comfy beds. The "Mama's Dinner" is a must, to get into the amazing vibe the hostel offers.

We were 15 friends sleeping here and was excelent! All of us were in a good atmosphere with the best staff I it was like sleeping at home. The Mamma's dinner was really funny and the food awesome! If we go back to Lisboa we will go back this Hostel.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Spain

We had a great stay at Lisbon Home Hostel and nothing to worry about. Everything was great! One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! I highly recommend you to try "Mamma's Dinner". It'smarvellous!

Maybe the best hostel I have ever been. Staff is wonderful and you can travel alone and for sure you will meet a lot of people there to enjoy with you. Perfect place!!!

The location is really nice, the stuff and Mamma( and of course her dinner) are awesome. Home hostel makes the best of its name.