Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Everything about this place was awesome. The staff were so amazing and helpful. As a person who has been travelling for a while now it was also really nice to have a home cooked meal by mama for dinner.

A very friendly, welcoming hostel with lots of activities and staff that want to ensure that your stay is as comfortable as possible.

Was incredible days on the hostel! The staff is really cool and the mama's dinner is amazing!

Amazing hostel, staff were so friendly and welcoming.

• 26th Jul 2015

Extremely attentive and helpful staff who makes you feel at home right away, always asking if they can help! The facilities were kept spotless even with the number of people coming in and out, wood floor bathroom and appreciated attention to details down to the hook on the towel that you can borrow for 3€. Minor suggestion is having hooks in the room as well. Thanks Deborah and HOME!

Best hostel! Definitely deserves all the positive reviews and awards. Felt as if I truly was at home from the moment I entered, until the moment I left. The highlight was my first night, which was also my birthday. During dinner (where everyone sits together), I had mentioned that it was my birthday, and half an hour later, there was cake and sparkling wine coming out, before everyone started singing happy birthday. Was truly special!! Thanks a lot guys, can't wait to be back next time !

The best hostel I've stayed in. There's really nothing more you could need there. The rooms are big and comfortable. The staff are wonderful and the atmosphere is great. Take advantage of mummas dinners.

I've stayed in a lot of hostels but this is by far the best! We did Mumma's Dinner every single night of our stay, because it would have been stupid not to - for 10 euros you get not only starter, main, dessert which taste delicious but also unlimited beer / alcohol during the main course AND always great company from other guests and Mumma herself. Aside from that, the staff were incredible, the beds super comfy, and the showers had good pressure. I'd also recommend the booze cruise!

• 23rd Jul 2015

Don't stay here if you've never been to a hostel. It will RUIN you for other hostels.

BEST HOSTEL EVER! I missed my flight to Barcelona and ended up in Lisbon only to book this hostel last minute; it turned out to be my favorite. The whole staff was very accommodating and helpful and kind. Momma's dinners are a must have as well! The rooms are spacious and clean and super safe. I miss Home Hostel a lot. When I'm back in Lisbon, I will be staying at the Home hostel because you feel at home. I recommended this hostel throughout my entire trip to travelers heading to Lisbon. Thanks!

Nicer than any home I've ever lived in. There's a reason why this hostel has won so many awards.

Home is honestly the greatest. Best atmosphere, best people, fantastic guided day trips, lovely Mamma who cares for you and makes delicious dinners, and awesome facilities. Gorgeous beds, great showers, lockable huge drawers. And you can't beat the location. Go here, honestly.

Beyond my expectations for a hostel.

• 19th Jul 2015

Amazing - the best hostel we have stayed in after 3 months of travelling (and we have had some Rather nice hostels)! Mamma is the highlight, the dinner is a really good way to meet people and mamma is the loveliest woman. The hostel was very homely - spent one morning chilling in the lounge watching a film recovering from the night before. Very comfortable and relaxed. Rooms were fab - loved having a proper duvet & beds were comfy! Perfect hostel, perfect size, perfect staff. Thank you home x

My stay at Home hostel was nothing short of amazing. It was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, the food is excellent and the atmosphere is even better. You will NOT be disappointed with your stay at Home hostel!

Staff was amazing, very helpful! They offer daily trips to the beach/park, Sintra, etc. Daily city-walking tours and bar hopping. Location is very central, and close to the main metro station and train station. Mama's dinner nightly for only 10 euro, includes all you can drink wine or beer, appetizer, dish and dessert.

We stayed at home lisbon hostel for about 6 days and we liked every minute of it. The staff was really nice and there were lots of things to do. Whether you went for one of the activities the hostel organizes or just stayed at the bar of the hostel or the living room. And then mama's dinner. I have never ever tasted something that delicious. We had the dinner for about 3 times and got 3 different dishes and they were all amazing! Furthermore, the rooms were very clean and te showers very good.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Best hostel I've stayed at! Friendly helpful staff that give you a welcome shot! Nice common living room area and eating area. Small kitchen but don't need it as they provide breakfast and Mama cooks an amazing meal every night!! Rooms are a good size with a storage locker that fits backpacks. Like how the bottom bunk had a curtain to close to make your bed private and block the light. Usual hostel common showers and bathrooms, always clean though and not that busy! Fun pub crawl every night!!!

This is the best hostel in the entire world. I wish every other hostel was exactly like this, I would never find my way back to my actual home. The staff and atmospher is outstanding and of course, mamma´s cooking is on point !

Amazing hostel in a perfect location. Would absolutely recommend Home Lisbon to anyone travelling to Lisbon. The facilities are clean and spacious, the hostel is unique, in a great location, and the staff and owner are lovely and super helpful.