Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

The best hostel I have ever stayed in all over Europe. Such a welcoming environment, awesome home cooked meals from Mama, great tours and pub crawls. Amazing rooms too.

The location is perfect! Right in the city center close to all the must see places! I could actually walk everywhere.The hostel is very clean it is one of the cleanest hostel I ever stayed in Europe! No bad surprises when going to the toilet/shower, very modern equipments/no issue with hot water and NO BED BUGS!! The breakfast is included and I was quite surprised with the wide choice + everything was fresh. Best quality price value hostel no wonder why it won the best hostel in the world award!

There isn't enough characters allowed to express how much I loved this place. I wanted to stay longer in Lisbon not because of the city but because of this place. Mamma's dinners are absolutely delicious and many stay in and eat as a family. When you have a great environment like that people tend to be nicer and approachable so even the travelers were great. I miss this place and I hope I can come back again. Mamma is the best!

Home Lisbon was simply the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Mamma, thank you very much for all you did to make my Lisbon experience incredible and unforgettable! I really appreciated it!

Amazing hostel! I loved every second of my visit to Home Hostel and I hope to return soon!

• 7th Nov 2014

Everything was perfect, you deserve 100%

If you are deciding on a hostel to stay in Lisbon, this is it. It will provide you with the most warm and homely experience that you won't want to leave it. This is largely owed to the awesome and friendly Mama who prepares her homemade dinner every night for her guests at 8.30 pm for 10 euros. Her renowned and delicious 'Mama's dinner' comes with soup, bread, mains and dessert.

Really enjoy my stay there. Great atmosphere and lovely staff!

It was an amazing stay ! Home hostel was the best par of Lisbon for us. Staff is very kind- I got sick during my stay and everyone was trying to help me, they genuinely cared. Rooms are great, you have a small curtain for privacy, a lamp, a locker (bring your lock) and a plug for your personal use. Everything was cleaned (I think the bathroom was cleaned 5 times a day), hot water in the showers. Commun areas were great, beautiful living room with tv, books, iPads... and AWESOME diners & pubcrawl

The name "Home Hostel" isn't just a name. It's a fact. I have never felt so comfortable, literally (because the beds are awesome and everything is super nice) and metaphorically (because everyone is helpful and welcoming). You have to do Mama's dinner! Make sure to sign up. Wish I had more time in Lisbon, because this was the best hostel I've ever stayed at!

We had an amazing time at Home Lisbon Hostel. Lovely homely atmosphere, great guests and staff and Mama of course! I loved that every bed had its own lamp and shelf plus cupboard. Really felt like coming home after a long day of sightseeing and eating :) Definitely want to come back!! Obrigada :)

• 5th Nov 2014

I seriously have nothing to complain about this hostel. Everything was perfect and I would recommend to everybody. It was very clean, the dinner was really good, the night events and the walking tour they organized were totally worth it and the staff were awesome!

Cannot say a bad word about this place. Booked for three nights and it wasn't long enough! Staff are amazing, incredibly friendly atmosphere, comfortable beds with curtains (oh sweet privacy!). And don't even get me started on how good Mamma's dinners are. The best hostel I've stayed at, recommend it 100%.

Our stay at home lisbon hostel was my best experience ever in terms of cheap accomodation. Clean, modern and warm interior design, nice beds, big breakfast buffet etc. It will be my obvious choise for future Lisbon stays. Thanks a lot guys!!

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

By far, the best hostel i've stayed in. Excelent location, cheap, clean, great staff, amazing atmosphere. It has everything you can ask for in an hostel.

Best hostel there is. Amazing staff and facilities.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Just left lisbon after the most amazing time staying at home. This place has ruined any other hostel for us as I don't anywhere else could beat it. From the moment you walk through the door and have your shot of Gina and shown around the gorgeous facilities you feel like you really are home. Mamas cooking every night is delicious and such a fun social event great way to meet people and sample some Portuguese cuisine, we loved it so much we didn't bother eating out. The beds are soooo comfortable

Unbelievable! I started my journey here and will end it there too... And have recommended to everyone I have met on my travels. Dinner from mama- amazing. Atmosphere is incredible, TV with movies, tons of chairs, PS3. I made many friends there, it's right in the heart of Lisbon, near the river, close to transit, close to the sights, the castle is right up the street, walking tours are incredible, day trips to sintra, pub crawls are great, close to Bairro Alto... Just go, it's incredible 100%!

Very fitting name, emphasis on the "home" part. The staff really does a good job of making you feel welcomed and the dinner prepared my Mama is a must! Great drink specials and they offer great tours also!

Everything was perfect