Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Probably the best hostel i´ve ever stayed at!!!!!!easy to meet people, stadd was super friendly and the hostel just looks nice and it is very cosy!!!!only "negative" thing was the squeaking bed and the dim lighting in the room.but other then that especially the bathrooms and showers were very clean and I would recommend this hostel to everybody!we loved it and had a fantatsic stay!!

It was awesome. It was my first time traveling on my own and Home Lisbon Hostel has this great atmosphere for single travelers. Mama's dinner is a great way to engage with people and go out afterwards. So, if you weren't sure where to stay, I'd highly recommend you to stay here. You will definitely have fun and fun. :)

• 2nd Dec 2015

Our stay at the hostel could not have been better. The staff was excellent and was helping us whenever we needed something. I have never stayed at a hostel that perfect before and only can recommend it when you want to have a good time at Lisbon. Thanks for the perfect accommodation and greetings from Innsbruck!

• 1st Dec 2015
  • Austria

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. There's a reason it's rated 1 in the world 3 years running!! Super clean facilities, beds are amazing, and I swear the entire place smells like lemon verbena always. The staff were so friendly and helpful, and Mamma's meals nightly were the most delicious and best value in town! I'll be coming back to Lisbon just to stay at this hostel again.

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. The location it's perfect, the staff is really friendly. The room was very comfortable and modern. The bathrooms were always clean. The breakfast was very good, lot of breads, eggs, sausages cheese, hams, cereals, fruits and more. There's also the mom's dinner; you pay 10 euros and get extraordinary food. They also offer free walking tours in the city and tours to nearby places with very good price. Totally recommend it.

If you're deciding between all the highly rated hostels of Lisbon, do yourself a favour and choose this one! It was a delight to stay at Home Lisbon. We were welcomed with a drink, clean and beautiful facilities, great atmosphere, and a lounge I wish I could transport home with me! Join in for Mama's dinners- incredible value and so tasty! Thanks to Mama and all the friendly staff (especially Mica) who made our stay so enjoyable!

Excellent hostel. Really helpful staff, pointed out where the best surfing spots were when we arrived Bag storage, easy wristband keys to get in and out, comfy beds, and loads of security. Never a queue for the shower. 10/10 The place was so good we booked another flight the day after instead of the day we were meant to go (ok, maybe that was a drunk decision) but the hostel atmosphere made it worth sticking around for!

I had an amazing experience at the Home Lisbon Hostel in November 2015. Met some great people, enjoyed the fantastic food (even with Mamma away for the weekend... the guest chef was great), and it's awesome that they have a 24-hour bar in the hostel! HIGHLY recommend.

• 27th Nov 2015

The only thing that probably puts me off is the hostel's association with the Wild Walkers pub crawl program, which was very disappointing. We ended up having another with the one organised by Sandemans which was way better than the previous one. Other than that, everything was fine and I would definitely come back to stay again.

• Malaysia

What an excellent hostel! I had no complaints whatsoever. It was very clean, beds were comfy, breakfast was good and most importantly, the staff was really nice and helpful. The overall atmosphere onthe hostel was so great that you actually wanted to spend time there just relaxing and meeting new people. Definitely would go again!

• Finland

Great Hostel, such a fantastic staff and atmosphere. Met some great people, almost immediately, so I'd definitely recommend for solo travelers. Loved the affordable beer. The TV room was perfect for a groggy morning. Truly friendly staff were a pleasure to talk to and interact with. Stayed in a 4 bedroom and slept like a log, thanks to the curtains that draw over your bed if you're on the bottom. Overall, probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at. And Lisbon ain't bad, either!

Fantastic staff and excellent location.Our room was spacious and extremely secure (large lockers that could fit an entire wheelie suitcase in them).Everywhere was incredibly clean and the showers were really warm and powerful.Bedding was nice and fresh. Free breakfast was great (scrambled eggs, sausages, cereal etc) and the 3 course meal with free booze (for €10) was amazing.Shout out to the chef who took over mama's cooking duties for the week (sorry we forgot your name). Fab atmosphere in bar

Wow! This hostel is one of the best. It was incredible and exceeded expectations in all areas. From the moment we walked in we did really feel right at home. Location is perfect and you can walk everywhere. The hostel was SO clean and well looked after. The beds are comfy and the curtains they have provide privacy and completely block out the light in the mornings. The staff are great and feel like family and francisco made a beautiful meal while Mama was having surgery. This hostel was AMAZING!

Good location, comfortable beds, large size locker, excellent wifi, €10 mama's dinner and friendly staff. I love the bed with wood, but it was a bit noisy...but overall it is really a great hostel!

An absolutely outstanding hostel - our trip would not have been nearly as amazing without it! Lovely staff who look after you every step of the way, free (or very cheap) tours of all kinds, home cooked dinners, a bustling bar... We made friends we hope we'll keep for a long long time. Thank you so much - we'll be back!

• 26th Nov 2015
  • Poland

Really good hostel in Lisbon, it is almost a party hostel but more relaxing than a real PH! Staff is really nice: Mika, Emili and the guys of course! I would definitely recommend it and stay there again!

Home hostel truly is a home away from home. The staff treats you like family, mama's dinners are DELICIOUS and it's very clean. Showers are great, beds are comfy, loved this place. They have a living room where you can watch movies and lounge on couches with people you meet. I absolutely loved this hostel and the people I met (staff and guests). I would stay here again and again!

Everything is so perfect, and one day trip to Sintra was so awesome, everyone must need to live in here :)

I really enjoyed my staying in this hostel. Great and nice staff, organised tours in and off of the city. It was my first time in a hostel and I will definitely repeat the experience, hoping that the hostels where I'm going to go will be like this. Rooms are very clean, they do the washing every day. I think you can't have best for the cheaper price you spend. If you are staying there you must try mama's dinner, delicious.

• 22nd Nov 2015

It is everything everyone says and more. THE STAFF IS INCREDIBLE. The facilities are amazing (though I wish more things in the kitchen were available for everyone's use), and it felt like the people there truly cared. Great beds, great location... Only thing that bothered me is the spotty internet access in the rooms. I don't know if this was done on purpose, but it led to a lot of people in the lounge using their devices.