Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

It is clear to see how this hostel has won so many awards for the best hostel in the world!! From the moment we arrived at Home Hostel we felt welcomed and excited to be in Lisbon. I was traveling with my boyfiend and two other friends and we found it really easy to meet people and go out. The hostel was the cleanest I have ever been in! I saw the cleaners scrubbing rooms and bathrooms everyday. Mamma's cooking is amazing and great value! I would 100% recommend for travelers 18-35.

• 19th May 2015

The perfect hostel. Has everything you could ever need and a great atmosphere. Thank you Mama!

Some impressive facilities. Very homey, with cosy, lovely decorated rooms. Breakfast was great and the dinners fabulous. Mama seemed like a lovely caring person. Staff was nice and helpful overall, although some seemed more interested than others. The dorms were spacious and the beds comfy; however, the bathroom door was very noisy and its slamming woke us up on many occasions. Everything else was excellent.

This Hostel was great! It was so clean and luxurious. And the hostel organizes walking tours and pub crawls every day. There's also a dinner every night. It's a great way to meet other people! I would absolutely recommend staying here.

• 18th May 2015

Amazing hostel!! Excellent location and facilities, very very clean. Momma's dinners are fantastic and the staff is phenomenal! Highly recommended, don't hesitate, just book it!

Thanks so much for a great stay! We were in Lisbon for less than 24 hours, but the staff was very accommodating, they even made us an early breakfast before we left for our bus at 6h45!

After travelling for almost 1.5 years around Europe, I can easily say this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Amazing location, huge comfortable beds, friendly staff, cheap price, best dinners and drink deals! I couldn't recommend it more!

The girls restroom sometimes smells a little bit. I know that the staffs have been trying really hard to keep it clean but I think maybe more improvement could be done to make the hostel even more perfect :)

Fantastic hostel in a great location. The staff make you feel at home and Mamma's dinners are the best! I met loads of interesting people and will be recommending Home to all my friends.

• 18th May 2015

I've been traveling for a year and this is the most AMAZING hostel I have ever stayed in. The hostel is immaculate, the staff is incredible, and Mama is undeniably the best. Book ahead of time, as they are usually pretty full. AND HAVE MAMA'S DINNER!!

i loved my stay here! from the moment on we came in we felt comfortable (we started with a welcome drink ;)) ! i loved the furnishing; the kitchen was well-equipped and clean! the best part were the tours and mamas dinner!! the dinners are always delicious and its just great to come together and to make new friends and to have a good time! and the staff is so nice and you just feel that they like what they do! i definitely would come here again'

• 17th May 2015
  • Austria

One of the best hostels that I have stayed. Mamma's dinner was perfect. Excellent location and friendly staff.

The place is very polite and quite. There was no pregamimg or loud activity going on in the dorms. But you can still join the party at the bar.

Probably my favorite hostel on my entire trip. The staff are great, mama's dinners are amazing, and the location is perfect. For such a low price, you can't go wrong. It is clean, safe (they use FOB wristbands), and make you feel like at home. Great experience.

Fantastic stay. Very clean and welcoming and cozy :)

No comment - its Home. Its the best!!!

Everyone was great, definitely a loving experience!

• 12th May 2015

This hostel was absolutely fantastic. The rooms and bathrooms were both very clean. The beds were comfortable, and the showers were great! The staff were absolutely amazing. They were super friendly and went out of their way to make sure that your stay was all that it could be. Mamma's dinners were fantastic and the daily tours were also fun and of good value! Highly recommended!

In the middle of Lisbon, with a good staff, excellent Mamma, and good prices. Many thanks to Juan for the super trip to Sintra and Cabo de Rocca. If you are lucky during the night the other guests won't celebrate a birthday party... The dormitories are on the 4th floor, the reception is on the 2nd floor, so they can't keep the silence during the night. It would be a great improvment to resolve this problem ( for the future guests ) But if I will go again to Lisbon, I will choose Home again.

I cannot praise this hostel enough for all they provided! The staff, rooms, toilets, everything was above par! I ended up doing the day trips to Sintra as well as the beach, which was a great value and a fun day! I also did dinner EVERY night with mamma, and you really can't beat her delicious meals, and just getting to know her! I love momma! The staff was amazing, and staying at Home Hostel made Lisbon 10000 times better for me! If you are lucky enough to go to Lisbon, you MUST stay here :)