Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This was the first hostel I've ever stayed at and it definitely raised the expectations immensely for future hostels. The staff was overly helpful, kind, and truly made you feel at home. The atmosphere was comfortable and lively. The format of the hostel was perfect for meeting other people, especially during Mama´s dinner. Also, the hostel was in the perfect location close to the water and shopping. I STRONGLY recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to make their stay in Lisbon even better.

• 5th Mar 2015

I went here on my first solo trip. Not only was the staff super welcoming and helpful, they also had great suggestions for places to eat and things to do. This is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The beds were comfortable but pretty creeaky, evertything was very clean, nice showers, super fast wifi. I will definitely recommend this hostel to any of my friends visiting Lisbon in the future!

This place was unbelievable. Truly the best hostel i've ever stayed in. I could've stayed for so much longer. It was a sad day when I had to leave.

Definitely the best option in lisbon. The atmosphere and the atractions available worths the money you pay

• 4th Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! The staff are extremely friendly and helpful in answering any questions. Mamma's dinner is delicious and a fun way to meet new people! Great location and easy to find. The free walking tours are a great way to see Lisbon and there are many other activities as well. Only downside is the beds are a bit squeaky so it woke me up a lot. Otherwise, love this hostel!

I stayed there the second time, it's one of the best hostels i've ever stayed at. The only thing i did not like is that the bathrooms are quite far from the rooms. But besides that - great hostel, super nice staff and perfect location :)

• 4th Mar 2015

Very warm and friendly hostel. The staff were really nice (especially Andre and the overnight guy). I recommend the nightly dinners and the trip to sintra! Great experience!

• 3rd Mar 2015

Fantastic hostel, one of the best I've been to, and I obviously wasn't the only one who thought this. Mama's dinners are awesome. The staff is super friendly and enjoy what they do. Easy to meet other guests. Location is great as well. Next time in Lisbon, I'll be back here.

A perfect place to stay........ we felt really welcomed...... everyone there is friendly and gives you a feeling of home!

Everything in this hostel is incredible and amazing! The breakfast, the staff, the facilities, the cleanliness, the rooms, the staff, the location, everything was perfect! It is really one of the best hostels in the world! I know a lot of hostels around the world and I really get impressed with Home Lisbon!

I had a lovely stay. Enjoyed mamas dinners and met some great people. Definitely would stay there again.

• 2nd Mar 2015

I just loved the atmosphere and the staff. Deborah and Diana (and pretty much everybody) were very kind in the evenings and helped me with everything I needed,. The place is really like home. I only have positive things to say about the hostel and recommend it.

• 28th Feb 2015

really feel I'm home the staff are awesome! the most thing i like is sintra tour

Amazing vibes! Super hip! Great location, helpful staff, good atmosphere, free breakfast (Full spread of things to eat), cheap tours of Sintra

Home Lisbon hostel was the best hostel I have ever stayed in, and I wil return every time I am in the area. I was traveling by myself but I never felt alone because of how easy the hostel made it to make friends. The long table where we all sat together to eat Mama´s dinner every night was perfect to meet people and the hostel provides walking tours, bus tours to Sintra, and pub crawls. Mama is the sweetest lady, her food was spectacular, and I truly did feel right at home.

• 28th Feb 2015

everything is nice here! btw, mama's dinner is very delicious :)

Ah home Lisbon where do I start? The staff was so friendly and beyond helpful. Mommas home cooked meals were both so delicious and an amazing way to meet awesome fellow backpackers. My only regret is not buying her cookbook. The atmosphere was such that it's impossible not to meet fellow travelers, all of whom were awesome as well. It really is no wonder that home Lisbon is my favorite hostel. Do yourself a favor and spend a few nights with momma and co.

Excellent Hostel. I recommend it.

Best hostel out there. Everything from start to finish was superb. I felt like everyone at this hostel welcome me in as one of their own and made it a very personal experience. I might travel back to Lisbon just to stay at Home!

Good Hostel, I guess I was just expecting a bit more since it's advertised as the best hostel int he world or something, but overall the location is great. The staff could have been more helpful, the bathrooms were shared.