Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

was my second stay already and it was as great as before. Thanks Mama for the amazing diner!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE mama and this hostel!! Highly recommended for travelling alone. I was in Lisbon for 3 days travelling alone but I was never actually alone. There ended up being 10 of us travelling alone that all banded together. Rooms are very spacious and extremely comfortable beds. The staff is very wonderful and the drinks from the bar are cheap!! If they like you they will even give you a drink for free :) Don't miss out on this warm and inviting home away from home.

• 4th Jun 2014

thanks to Mamma for the delicious dinner and to everyone that served us the vinho tinto. Thanks to Francisco for being so nice and kind. My only request is that if you find an IPOD with the screen broken, please let me know by sending an email to jcosta02@hotmail.com . O aparelho tens informacao importante para mim. Eu pagarei as despesas de correio para enviarem o aparelho para minha casa em Toronto. O aparelho caiu por detras da cama no quarto 409, cama 4. Obrigado e voltarei proximo

Brilliant hostel all round!

• 2nd Jun 2014

I'm so grateful that my friend recommended this hostel to me. Home Lisbon Hostel is such a great place to stay. True to its name it's very hospitable and located in a very central location and easy to find. I recommend part taking in mama's dinner it is well worth it! Also the rooms are very clean and spacious with personal bed lockers and full length mirrors. Also, clean bathrooms and showers. The dining area and living room truly reminds one of home! Great and friendly staff!

Very fun hostel and would return here if I came back to Lisbon. Hostel has all of the amenities needed and the staff goes out of its way to make you feel at HOME. Only downfall for me is I am a fairly light sleeper so with the 2nd floor partying with loud music woke me up a few times but I would still stay here again without question! Very close to metro and walking distance to a few attractions

The whole concept and name of the hostel speak for themselves. It is just an amazing atmosphere that makes you feel comfortable and ready to do your journey along the great city that is Lisbon. High points are the great staff, perfect mamma's dinner and excellent facilities (bedroom, common room, etc).

The staff and facilities were amazing. Everyone was friendly and I had an amazing time. I can't wait to go back.

There's definitely a reason it's called home!

• 30th May 2014

I dare say, Home Lisbon Hostel has been the best hostel I've stayed in by far. Not only were the facilities clean despite being shared, but the entire place had a wonderful homely feeling to it. But the best part of everything was the friendliness of the staff and how they have such a great sense of fun and enjoyment. The pub crawls were epic, with Bairo Alto within 10 to 15 minute walking distance, and the people staying in the hostel were all like-minded travellers. Very highly recommended!

Great location. The value for money, staff, rooms and general atmosphere could not be faulted. Also added for free is a lovely buffet breakfast.

Absolutely loved this place! I travelled on my own and its so easy to meet people. They have a dinner everynight and its such a great way to meet great people. I have nothing but positive things to say about this hostel. Easily the best hostel I've stayed in. Unfortunately Mamma wasn't there for my trip but Joao and Andre looked after us and the girls in the kitchen made some amazing food! Thanks for everything guys :)

• 29th May 2014

Simply, the best hostel I've ever stayed.

Enthusiastic, informative and super helpful staff! Facilities were top notch and the owner Andre has really paid great attention to the little things that backpackers require. The best hostel I have ever stayed in! I will definitely be back in the near future!

Great place great location! I'll be back!

I could not recommend this place more! They have EVERYTHING and are SO LOVELY if you are looking for the best this is the place home hostel Lisbon went beyond my expectations! The staff so friendly makes you feel like you really are at home thank you guys!

The best Hostel ever! The staff really they care a lot about the guests The room was clean and wide even you have a curtain in your bed . The location is excellent close from all the main important places to visit. At night you have Mama's dinner and free drinks for a quite affordable prize with very warm and nice people. I recommend 100% Lisbon Hostel and I hope I could come back soon.!

My experience in this hostel was just amazing. Location was perfect. The rooms were clean and perfectly comfortable. The staff were the best I ever met in my life. I definitely recommend this hostel. The food which is served during dinner time was just incredible. Keep going this way guys and thank you for everything.

I honestly have only good things to say about Home Hostel - they manage to make their guests feel as welcome as if we were staying in someone's home but also as well taken care of as if we were staying at a hotel. The bathrooms are always clean, the rooms are super secure, the free breakfast doesn't skimp you at all, and the staff are super friendly/helpful. Home was hands down the best hostel I stayed at on my trip - if you get to Lisbon WHICH YOU SHOULD, stay here.

Andre' Mata, Joao guedes, and joana really made the experience so great here. I've traveled all over Europe and I have stayed at many hostels but this tops it off as the best. They went above and beyond to make sure you felt at home and had a good time. Because of these people and of course momma, it brings everyone else together for dinner and partying. I will recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone i know that will be going to Lisbon. Great job Home Lisbon Hostel!!!

• 25th May 2014