Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This was definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Great facilities and great atmosphere. Would 100% recommend others to come stay here.

No complaints! I loved this place! It really felt like home. Nice location, helpful staff, easy to meet other travelers. Loved the "key" they provide (can be worn like a watch so hard to lose).

The staff were very friendly and helpful. When checking in, the staff member took quite some time to explain all the things on offer in the hostel and showed me the computer / tv room / laundry etc. The rooms were spacious, and there were large lockers underneath a the beds which could store your whole suitcase under lock and key. The bar was awesome - 1 euro sangrias. One night the barman made the Portuguese delicacy sausage for everyone for free and served it with bread! Had lots of fun here

Overrated hostel. The location is great and that's about all. Mamas dinner was ok, but over booked and everyone was sitting on top of each other. No organisation. The beds in our room - all 3 bunks squeaking really bad. No light in the bedrooms. The hair dry also did not work. Not sure why a lot people claim it be the best hostel??? Much better around.

One of the best hostels.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Finland

My stay was great. Friendly and welcoming staff. And to meet the host, the Mamma, was a pleasure. She is very sweet, open and charming. I had the opportunity to sign up for the dinner which was great because the food was delicious and I got to meet other travelers.

I love this hostel! The first stop of my trip and I have nothing to complain! The staff (especially Andre and the other boys) were so helpful and nice. Room and the bed is very comfortable and the dinner n pub crawl is a good time to meet. I'll definitely come back!

One of the best home style hostels in Lisbon.

Great location. Mamma's dinner was really good.

Again a great staying in Home, will be back soon!

• 27th Aug 2014

I am a 26 year old female and traveled alone to this hostel. I have traveled a lot and have stayed at a lot of hostels and I would say this is probably the best hostel I have ever stayed at. I had an incredible experience-- it was very very easy to meet people, staff were both friendly and helpful, and the city itself is amazing. I would highly highly highly recommend this hostel to both experienced travelers and new comers alike. :D

Got there after my 6am flight into Lisbon and they immediately showed me a luggage room where I could keep my things until check in, told me to help myself to the free breakfast, and said that I was welcome to nap on the couch in the common area (which I did!). Excellent hostel, would go back again for sure.

• 26th Aug 2014

Great staff, very helpful and very good English speakers. Mama's dinner is - as per all reviews on here - awesome. Lots of people to meet and great rooms. Beds with curtains, that's awesome! Only the showers didn't really seem tooo clean, but it's a hostel after all. Would stay again, highly recommended.

Best experience ever! Thank you Mama and all the staff for maaking our stay so pleasant.

• 24th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel in central Lisbon, can really recommend. Ok breakfast and a good home made dinner for 10 €, nice atmosphere at the dinner.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Finland

I was passing through Lisbon, so was unfortunately staying only one night. Would have loved to stay longer if it had been possible. The staff were friendly & very welcoming, the facilities in each room were fantastic (individual reading lights and power outlets, curtains on beds). It's not a huge place (so that encourages mingling), but it's definitely not small or pokey. I've stayed in my fair share of hostels, and this one is easily one of the best in my experience.

Great spot, everything you would want!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Simply the best hostel I've ever stayed! They have almost everything you need: perfect location; comfortable and cozy bed with curtain, private outlet and lamp; clean showers and toilets; very varied breakfast; awesome livingroom with TV, iPads, etc; good wi-fi even in rooms; public computers; good kitchen; laundry; balcony for smokers; delicious Mama's dinner; very friendly staff; and even the bar!:) Thank you very much guys for such warm and wonderful atmosphere! Hope to come back again!

Best hostel I have stayed in! The rooms and breakfast felt more like a hotel and Mamma's dinners are delicious and amazing value. Thank you for an excellent stay!

Enjoyed my stay and will be back some day!

• 20th Aug 2014