Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Exceptional hostel. 10 euros for dinner = bread, starter soup, a main course (usually with enough for seconds or even thirds for some people), and dessert, all made by Mama and some helpers. Unreal. Great, clean facilities, strong wifi, excellent staff, comfy beds....pretty much checks off everything. Excellent bar as well. The only thing I can think of as a criticism are that the toilets are not en-suite.

Best Hostel I've ever stayed, by far! The hostel is clean and beautiful. However, what really makes the difference is the atmosphere created by the extremely friendly and fun staff and off course mama's dinner.

• 8th Jan 2015

There is no place like it.. best hostel I have ever been too and doubt any will match it again. The staff are amazing; Mamma is the sweetest old lady and you genuinely feel at home here. They have a few traditions which just make you feel so happy to be apart of the warm and loving community. Most nights, after meeting other travellers, we all sat and hung out at the hostel bar. The staff suggestions for food and drinking bars was spot on and allowed for a truly unique Lisbon experience.

• 7th Jan 2015

I had a lovely time staying in this hostel! Great staff, comfy beds and great facilities. I also think their mamma's dinner idea is really unique and awesome, you can taste local food, it brings people staying in the hostel together and of course mamma is an excellent cook!

It was a good experience to stay at Home Lisbon Hostel. The staffs were helpful and friendly, and Mamma's dinner was really tasty!

This is a super friendly hostel. The staff are lovely and really helpful. Mamma's dinners are fun. Highly recommended.

Best hostel I have stayed in on my travels. Clean, welcoming, social, friendly staff, lots of activities, home-cooked meals (Mama's famous! Do not miss this served nightly!). 24 hour reception, common areas, wifi works everywhere all the time, HOT showers (not the push kind either!) and comfortable beds with individual curtains for privacy, outlet & reading lamp. Great social atmosphere, wish I could stay forever :)

THE BEST HOSTEL EVER. An amazing place that makes you feel at home. The staff is incredible and Mamma's dinners are so good. Great facilities and high speed internet, kitchen, walking tours and day trips and location. I will be back, and spread the word that it's a must place to stay in Lisbon!

Hands down the most welcoming and fun hostel I've ever stayed in. Between Mamma's dinners, the ability to chill out and watch a movie, the cleanliness, and the fun staff, I would come back to Lisbon just to stay there. Bravo!

No complaints! I had a great stay

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The rooms and bathrooms are simple and exactly what you want from a hostel. The difference is in the lounge room and bar/dining room. They are both very sociable environments. It is impossible not to interact with other travellers. Mamma's dinner is amazing, followed by the pub crawl is a really fun night. Position couldn't be any better. Will definitely return to this hostel if I'm ever back in Lisbon.

• 3rd Jan 2015

The hostel has everything you can expect. Modern facilities, man places to hang out and a super friendly and charming staff. On top, you have the opportunity to taste fresh cooked portuguese food from Mamma. Everything combined makes you wanna stay as long as possible. Thank you so much for the great time!

I think this hostel truly deserves its rating as best hostel in the world. I could list everything great about it, from the amazing and lovely staff to the delicious food and incredible facilities but it would take too long. I absolutely love it here. I wish I could live here forever. Thank you SO MUCH to the staff. They are amazing people. --Forrest

The location is great and the staffs are very helpful! It's a great experience staying there!

This is honestly the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff are all very friendly, the rooms are clean, the lounge and dining room are both huge and gorgeous, and mamma's dinners are delicious and a great way to meet other people staying in the hostel. I would come back to Lisbon just to stay in this hostel.

• 31st Dec 2014

Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever seen, first choice for Lisbon, worth the price.

I want to come back to Lisbon just to stay at this hostel again! I've stayed in a lot of hostels, this was the best I've ever been!! The best atmosphere!! These kind of places were owners looks like just don't care about your money, you can really feel like you're at home

no words to adequately describe this place. the staff is incredible, its so easy to meet people, the food is delicious, you feel right at home. i was in lisbon by myself yet i never felt alone there... always people looking out for you and even if it's the middle of the night you can head down to the lobby and have someone to talk to all night. it's no surprise at all that home won best hostel of the year, 10/10!! also the pub crawl boys are wonderful (shout out to you mario)

• 30th Dec 2014

Best hostel in Lisbone!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in - and I've stayed in a lot. The evening meals really make the place - it forces everyone together (which is what everyone secretly wants ;-) ). Great social life, quiet dorms (because they're well away from the communal areas), comfy beds, perfect balance of chill-out and party (I'm not into the pure party hostels, but it's easy to find people to go out with here - there is also an optional bar-crawl every night, which joins several hostels together).