Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Its a must to do Mamma's dinner!!! One of the best hostels I've stayed at.:)

Very good hostel! Staff very knowledgeable and very responsive! Mama's dinner is pretty cool, all the guests gather and toast! Regular morning coffee! Wifi great! Recommend and return! --------------------------------- Hostel muito bom! Equipe muito bem preparada e bem receptiva! No jantar da Mama é muito legal, todos os hospedes se reúnem e brindam! Café da manhã regular! Wifi ótimo! Recomendo e retornaria!

A good breakfast and then free walking tours made it easy to enjoy the day with all the information we needed. Then we made dinner and ate it of the cute terrace, very pleasant. Easy to meet people and the Staff (including mama) were informative and enjoyable to talk to! We had a very noisy bed in our room though (409) which would disturb people in the night just if the person sleeping in it got in/out or moved slightly when asleep.

Everyone was simply terrific, one of the best value hostels in Europe. Would definitely return as it offers a great home feel on the road.

Great location near praça de comercio. Friendly staff. Most comfortable dorms ever with everything one needs. Little lamp,plug,proper and big enough lockers. Didn't like the common area by the bar so much. Too many tables,no sofas to chill. Did the walking tour with Hugo from the wild walkers. Best tour ever!!

I am a hostel owner and was quite intrigued to stay at the 'best hostel in the world' and desperately wanted to be able to pick fault with it but just couldn't at all. Through very critical and judgemental eyes it was perfect. What a wonderful hostel with fantastic staff. I cannot recommend this hostel highly enough to anyone passing through Lisbon.

• 6th Jun 2014

It was the atmosphere and friendly staff that makes Home Hostel Lisbon a great choice for those travellers looking for a great place to stay in the city of Lisbon. The facilities were also clean, secure and safe. I felt at home. A+.

Best hostel I have stayed in. Such nice people! Loved mama's dinner :)

was my second stay already and it was as great as before. Thanks Mama for the amazing diner!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE mama and this hostel!! Highly recommended for travelling alone. I was in Lisbon for 3 days travelling alone but I was never actually alone. There ended up being 10 of us travelling alone that all banded together. Rooms are very spacious and extremely comfortable beds. The staff is very wonderful and the drinks from the bar are cheap!! If they like you they will even give you a drink for free :) Don't miss out on this warm and inviting home away from home.

• 4th Jun 2014

thanks to Mamma for the delicious dinner and to everyone that served us the vinho tinto. Thanks to Francisco for being so nice and kind. My only request is that if you find an IPOD with the screen broken, please let me know by sending an email to jcosta02@hotmail.com . O aparelho tens informacao importante para mim. Eu pagarei as despesas de correio para enviarem o aparelho para minha casa em Toronto. O aparelho caiu por detras da cama no quarto 409, cama 4. Obrigado e voltarei proximo

Brilliant hostel all round!

• 2nd Jun 2014

I'm so grateful that my friend recommended this hostel to me. Home Lisbon Hostel is such a great place to stay. True to its name it's very hospitable and located in a very central location and easy to find. I recommend part taking in mama's dinner it is well worth it! Also the rooms are very clean and spacious with personal bed lockers and full length mirrors. Also, clean bathrooms and showers. The dining area and living room truly reminds one of home! Great and friendly staff!

Very fun hostel and would return here if I came back to Lisbon. Hostel has all of the amenities needed and the staff goes out of its way to make you feel at HOME. Only downfall for me is I am a fairly light sleeper so with the 2nd floor partying with loud music woke me up a few times but I would still stay here again without question! Very close to metro and walking distance to a few attractions

The whole concept and name of the hostel speak for themselves. It is just an amazing atmosphere that makes you feel comfortable and ready to do your journey along the great city that is Lisbon. High points are the great staff, perfect mamma's dinner and excellent facilities (bedroom, common room, etc).

The staff and facilities were amazing. Everyone was friendly and I had an amazing time. I can't wait to go back.

There's definitely a reason it's called home!

• 30th May 2014

I dare say, Home Lisbon Hostel has been the best hostel I've stayed in by far. Not only were the facilities clean despite being shared, but the entire place had a wonderful homely feeling to it. But the best part of everything was the friendliness of the staff and how they have such a great sense of fun and enjoyment. The pub crawls were epic, with Bairo Alto within 10 to 15 minute walking distance, and the people staying in the hostel were all like-minded travellers. Very highly recommended!

Great location. The value for money, staff, rooms and general atmosphere could not be faulted. Also added for free is a lovely buffet breakfast.

Absolutely loved this place! I travelled on my own and its so easy to meet people. They have a dinner everynight and its such a great way to meet great people. I have nothing but positive things to say about this hostel. Easily the best hostel I've stayed in. Unfortunately Mamma wasn't there for my trip but Joao and Andre looked after us and the girls in the kitchen made some amazing food! Thanks for everything guys :)

• 29th May 2014