Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This hostel lived up to the hype and then some.

• 13th Feb 2015

The most welcoming staff I have met! Everything was great and I'm definitely coming back someday! And thanks a lot for Mama as well, who cooked a delicious dinner every night!

Definitetly stay here! The facilities are extremely nice and clean. Every bed has its own plug so it's easy to charge your phone at night. Do the pub crawl they have each night-it's a great time and a perfect way to see the nightlife in Lisbon.

Hostel itself is great but Mama's dinners are the reason you should stay here. Lovely home cooked food and Mama is wonderful! The staff here are awesome and you get to know everyone staying in the hostel as well. Very central location. Loved my stay here!

Defintly the best Hostel in Lisboa. The Community is great and not that functional like in other Hostels. It was a pleassure.

If you're traveling to Lisboa. YOU MUST STAY HERE!!!

• 11th Feb 2015

This hostel was absolutely amazing, thick Comfy beds, middle of town, awesome fun staff and of course mama's home cooking.

I had an excellent time at the hostel with a comfortable bed, exquisit self made food, a wonderful atmosphere and great people. It felt like HOME.

• 10th Feb 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Love the atmosphere and the staff was really helpful and friendly. Homemade dinner was great but pricey for those of us traveling on a budget.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Poland

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. On arrival I got a shot of Ginjinha, had one of mama's excellent meals with the guests, immediately got chatting with people. There's a real atmosphere of family and friendliness. The decor is gorgeous, it's really clean, the staff are amazing and super helpful. What really put the icing on the cake for me, was literally, a cake. It was my birthday the day after I arrived, they brought out a cake, everyone sung happy birthday and gave out champagne.

I loved everything there. It's one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Fantastic staff, the Mama, atmosphere, other guests, dinners, Ginginhas, beer, location, etc. Really amazing.

everythings good. mama's dinner start at 20:30, finish after 23:00.

Sweetest and nicest staff who made us feel most welcome - on arrival they learned our names and remembered them although the hostel as fully booked. Also, Mama is simply adorable and her dinners are beyond delicious. Rooms were nice, breakfast good, everything is walkable distance from Home. Perfect place to meet other travellers and hang out.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Estonia

Really nice time. These guys have a winning recipe for a great stay.

• 6th Feb 2015

Well, it's an amazing hostel, low cost accomodation, welcome drink, in the city center, amazing staff and incredible facilities, it's well within my top 10 hostel worldwide.

It's a home away from home! Momma and the staff are so welcoming and take real good care of you. The atmosphere here was amazing everyone knew each other and was sitting and chatting, swapping stories and tips. As a single traveler I was never alone ( unless I wanted to be) . Food was amazing ! Mommas dinner are a must not just for the food but for the amazing bonding experience between travelers. Met some amazing people here! Clean comfortable but does have some stairs to climb (lift available)

It was my 3rd time at the home Lisbon hostel and like the 2 times before it was all more than perfect! Lovely staff and super clean. I'm a huge fan of mama's dinner :) A must try if you stay there!

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Guys, if you are looking for a great and relaxed place to stay, this is the perfect choice! Don't hesitate to just book it! Great atmosphere, cool trips, walking tour and people just made my stay very welcome...would absolutely come back anytime again!!!

It was my first solo trip and I really enjoyed my time there. The staff is amazing, so helpful. The location is great. I totally recommend this hostel, mamas food is simple the best. LOVE IT ♡

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Dominican Republic

The best ! Thank you for the great experience!