Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Out of all the hostels I stayed in during my 7 weeks of travel, this hostel was hands down the best all around. I had a wonderful experience and highly recommend the hostel to anyone traveling to Lisbon. They also organize a day trip to Sintra which was amazing as well. The bathrooms were always clean and had hot water and the staff was beyond friendly and helpful. The lockers are under the bed and super spacious with a lock latch. Just a wonderful stay all around. I will definitely be back.

Amazing budget accommodation. Fantastic location just walking distance from many local attractions, transportation links & restaurants. Staff are very friendly & helpful. And cleanliness is top notch. Bedding is very modern & has A/C. Very comfortable & relaxing stay. surrounded by other travelers, you can't go wrong choosing this Hostel.

I had an amazing time at Home Lisbon Hostel. You have the amenities, customer service, and location of a nice hotel for a very reasonable price. There's a wide range of people who stay here but all were pleasant and very respectful of others. The staff ensured you had the best experience and I have absolutely no complaints except that I could not duplicate this entire hostel in every city I want to visit. Keep up the amazing work!

• 20th Nov 2015

Great location and amazingly friendly staff. The rooms are really clean and the facilities are really nice. This was the second time I've stayed here and if I ever come back to Lisbon I'll be back!

The best hostel I've stayed in Europe, for sure! The staff are really awesome and do everything to make you feel at home from the moment you arrive. Facilities are really great too! The main room is laid out in a way that definitely makes meeting people easily. If you prefer to chill, there's an awesome TV room with DVDs and video games. The dorms have lockers for each guest, as well as plugs and individual lamps. The wild walkers city tours are really great. Definitely recommend this hostel!!

Everything is great. Make sure to do the free walking tour with Sofia leaving from the hostel; best one I have taken in Europe so far

Great place. Spotless. Bathroom showers (level 4) need a little bit of work. Need some floor numbers in the stairwell! :)

• 18th Nov 2015

Wonderful staff - haven't ever met a nicer staff at the many hostels I have stayed during my travels over the past decade. I really enjoyed our conversations, the nightly dinners and hanging out at the bar and in the very costly living room that has videogames and tablets and DVDs besides a TV. I really liked that breakfast (a buffet) was included every morning and that the bed was already made but the rooms themselves are average. The location in the historic center in Lisbon is perfect.

Great hostel and great staff

Just wonderful!

Really great stay here. The staff are really friendly and helpful, and so welcoming! The hostel is very well organised and very clean. The rooms are a little small but fine, and the beds are comfortable and have a light, shelf and powerpoints, so everything you need! The location is amazing, and just a short walk to many of the main spots in downtown Lisbon, and the hostel also organises tours (eg Sintra) (I didn't use the hostel tour but highly recommend a visit!). Overall I highly recommend :)

Definitely the best hostel I've ever stay! Thank you all for the warm reception and great moments!

There wasn't one time where I felt this hostel was a poor fit for me. I stayed in Lisbon for 2 nights in November 2015 and although I was sad by how brief my stay was, everything about the hostel exceeded my expectations. The website did not do the place justice. I came in and they welcomed me with such friendliness and even offered me a free drink of Ginja as a part of my welcome. I felt secure and didn't even need to lock my valuables, also because I enjoyed my roommates. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!

• 13th Nov 2015

The stay at the home Lisbon hostel was amazing! Nice staff, clean rooms and facilities. It really felt like home, especially thanks to the family dinners. There were also other offers like a free (tip-based) walking tour and a day trip. I'd recommend this hostel to everyone!

• 12th Nov 2015

This place was amazing!! Momma's dinners are not to be missed! Great food, drinks included, and a good way to socialize with other people in the hostel. Close to the beach and Placa do Comercio. Rooms were nice and comfortable. Highly recommend!!

Very good hostel with an excellent value for money. The staff is awsome. Good beds, rooms with enough size, cleaned bathrooms. Good breakfast and an excelent option with mamma's dinner.

• 10th Nov 2015

This is easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff was unbelievably helpful and mama's dinner are a must do. I would come back to Lisbon just to stay here again.

An amazing hostel, everything about this place is great... The only thing is you feel like you aren't really welcome to use the kitchen to prepare your own dinner as they are cooking for the 'Mammas dinner'. We were asked if we were almost finished and felt like we had to get out of the kitchen. As we like to prepare our own dinners this was a slight downfall for us. Otherwise everything was fantastic.

Great experience! It's one of the best hostels we had stayed in. Everything listed on the hostels website is accurate with 5 stars review.

Best Hostel I've stayed at