Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Seriously the best hostel I have ever stayed and have travelled quite a bit. Opt for Momma's dinners, I was travelling alone and found it a great way to meet fellow travellers.

The best hostel I've ever stayed in - on four continents!

Hi mama and home hostel staff! We had a really great time staying there! We had Mama's dinner which is soooo delicious and sooo cheap!!! Moscatel and gingiva after dinner is so nice! We hope to drop by hostel in near future! Sincerely, girls and boys from Malaysia during winter 2014.

Great staff, amazing atmosphere.

• 11th Jan 2014

Great staff, great location, great food!! Mammas dinner is best dinner, and the pub crawls after are really good too. Very good hostel, will stay again

Best hostel I've stayed at! Very friendly and helpful staff and Mamma's dinners are amazing.

perfect located, great facilities, unbelievable clean, marvellous staff & fantastic dinners with Mamma! we loved the time we stayed there!

This hostel deserves all the awards and accolades it receives. The rooms are gigantic with balconies, the staff are amazing (free wine and sangria), mama's food was soooo tasty

• 8th Jan 2014

Not the right place for travellers over 30. Good breakfast buffet, nice staff and very good location.

This was probably the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at, it had everything you could want; nice and clean showers, delicious breakfast and amazing location, super cheap too!! I loved the beds, they were like your own little rooms; super comfy, curtains, with personal reading light and a shelf. Wish I stayed longer :(

Great home base while in Lisbon. Mamma's dinners were perfect for having a taste of typical Lisbon dishes, and for meeting other guys and gals in the hostel. Everything was kept very clean and well maintained, and all of the staff were really friendly and offered lots of suggestions for places to check out around the city.

Great location, secure, clean... and very, very friendly. Well trained staff. Comfortable. Our second time staying at this hostel in just a few weeks, and just as happy the second time!

Great stay, nothing to moan about at all... breakfast is being cooked (!) at reception, which is funny.... poor crew of them had to sort out New Year's Day's mess after the party, but it was well-handled.

I only spent one night there while waiting my flight back home, but I could enjoy a great atmosphere there. Very friendly staff most of the time (I'm missing the ginjinha they offered me on arrival), same about the guests. Really liked the room, with curtains, individual lights and plugs on the beds. They had a comfy chair inside the room, which I think is a must because of those who stay on top of the bunk beds. Nice stay there.

Best Hostel ever :)

• 30th Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This was one of the best hostels I 've ever stayed at. It was unbelievably clean and everyone was really friendly!

• 30th Dec 2013

Such an amazing hostel! Mama is a wonderful woman who makes some delicious food! Seriously, I felt right at home.

Best hostel I've ever been (and I have seen a lot!) The rooms were very similar to what you can find in a hotel. Bathrooms REALLY clean and pretty. Loved EVERYTHING about it; especially Mama's dinner and the staff.

Great place to stay with a good staff. I travelled with some friends this time so I didn't hang out a lot with other travelers, but those I talked to seemed great and it seemed to be a good place to meet fellow travellers if that's what you're looking for!

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

There only was a weird smell in the hostel's lobby, living room and kitchen. Otherwise really clean and comfty place to stay!