Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Best hostel I've ever been! The atmosphere is so friendly, the staff is helping out with everything! Their English is very good, too. Mamma's dinner was fantastic, very tasty and so good value for the money! They also organise tours to the beach and to Sintra which were very nice as well. Our dorm was air conditioned, we had our own lockers in the rooms and also a curtain in front of every bed.

• 25th May 2015

It is an excellent place, you feel at home and the staff is very kind.

Can't find fault. It was a lovely hostel. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. Had a lovely time there.

• 25th May 2015

From several years of travelling and backpackers, this has to be on the best hostels i've visited. Facilities, security, atmosphere, location, value for money are all unparalleled in other european cities. The beds have curtains, power points, and lights. The mother of the owner prepares a three-course portugese meal with unlimited wine/beer for ten euros. Walking tours and bus trips to the beach exist from the hostel. I will stay here again without question.

Great hostel! It's easy to find, walking distance to things you need and offers lots of events! I didn't do mamas dinner or the pub crawl but heard great things about them. The washrooms and showers are incredibly clean. I loved having drawers under our beds that locked because it made it so easy to lock up your valuables. Every hostel should have that! The staff were incredibly friendly and can help you with anything! They give perfect directions. Thanks for a perfect stay!

Amazing hostel in an amazing city!

I loved my stay at Home Hostel! I would highly, HIGHLY recommend staying if you ever get the opportunity, and of course, sign up for Mama's delicious dinners! Perfect, perfect hostel, congrats

This was my first time staying at a hostel and the experience was amazing! The staff was very helpful and the hostel's location is amazing. It was all around perfect.

• 23rd May 2015

This was the second time I visited Lisbon and I had to return to this hostel. Staff, location, rooms, atmosphere are all great BUT the best thing of this hostel is Mama's Dinner, it's delicious. Mama prepares a dinner every day, sometimes for 40 people! She will serve you a 3 course meal for only 10 euros, it's a steal!

Mama's dinner are very delicious. The staff are very.nice.and kind.

• 23rd May 2015
  • China

Very friendly and attentive staff, always there to help or answer any questions. Have a lot of activities to help explore the city, nightlife and nearby beaches.

• 21st May 2015
  • Russia

Easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Kudos to all the staff who make it something very special.

i had the best time at home hostel ! the staff were all so welcoming and helpful . would reccomend if your travelling on your own there is a great atmosphere and easy to meet people. mammas dinner was amazing.. ended up having it every night! rooms and bathrooms clean. breakfast also good and inc in price. in great location. went on the beach trip which was great fun and good value for money. cannot say enough good things about this place, didn't want to leave! stay here! :)

Words can't describe how amazing this place is. Friendly and welcoming staff helped out tremendously when my wallet had been taken on the Metro in Madrid. Participate in the nightly dinner experience. It is a great chance to mingle with other travelers and partake in great food and drink. Cleaned frequently during the day and not lacking anything, this place is amazing. Secure storage and nice curtains for the lower bunk. All beds have power and a light. Internet everywhere. Recommend!

One of the best hostels I stayed in so far. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the delicious dinners by mamma every night I stayed in the hostel. She is a very good cook but even more a warm-hearted woman who made the evenings like being at home. The hostel is located in city center near to metro and tram stations. In the nights its quiet you dont hear much noise from the surrounding streets so you can have a relaxing sleep. The beds are very comfortable. Highly recommended.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at over the course of 5 trips to Europe. This hostel was recommended by a friend and they did not disappoint. They treat you like family and remember your name! You must have a dinner with Mama. It's an excellent value and a great way to make new friends

It is clear to see how this hostel has won so many awards for the best hostel in the world!! From the moment we arrived at Home Hostel we felt welcomed and excited to be in Lisbon. I was traveling with my boyfiend and two other friends and we found it really easy to meet people and go out. The hostel was the cleanest I have ever been in! I saw the cleaners scrubbing rooms and bathrooms everyday. Mamma's cooking is amazing and great value! I would 100% recommend for travelers 18-35.

• 19th May 2015

The perfect hostel. Has everything you could ever need and a great atmosphere. Thank you Mama!

Some impressive facilities. Very homey, with cosy, lovely decorated rooms. Breakfast was great and the dinners fabulous. Mama seemed like a lovely caring person. Staff was nice and helpful overall, although some seemed more interested than others. The dorms were spacious and the beds comfy; however, the bathroom door was very noisy and its slamming woke us up on many occasions. Everything else was excellent.

This Hostel was great! It was so clean and luxurious. And the hostel organizes walking tours and pub crawls every day. There's also a dinner every night. It's a great way to meet other people! I would absolutely recommend staying here.

• 18th May 2015