Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Central location, ok internet connection, but could use better cleaning schedule.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Really great hostel. Only con for me is that you only got only one key if you were with two people. Mamma's dinner is great and a great way to meet people. Rooms are looking really classy and clean. I would recommend this hostel for sure!

Amazing Hostel. Good crowd. Pub crawl every night. Mama's dinner was always delicious. Great location. Close to metro and main area of the city. Very clean and safe. Staff were really friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend staying here. I would also recommend doing the walking tour with wild walkers in the morning to explore lisbon. Visit Sintra and Belem while staying in Lisbon. I also heard the hostels beach trip is really great.

Excellent place to stay. Loved Mama's food and her smile. Loved the tours, cheap alcohol, pub crawls, and in general just the general environment. And for Joel, I loved your hotdog (not weird at all). Trust me on this, you'll have good memories about the people you meet if you go out and open up yourself here, and that's all you can really ask for when you're traveling.

Home Lisbon was far and away the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Fellow travelers became well acquainted thanks to the downstairs bar and the atmosphere was super relaxed and welcoming. The place was very clean and well equipped. Special mention to the staff. All of them were very friendly and particularly helpful. As we needed somewhere to keep our luggage during a nearby camping festival, we were relieved when they agreed to keep them in storage. They even gave us a tent to borrow! Thanks!

• 8th Jul 2014

This is by far the best hostel I have been to (and I've been to quite a few hostels). Not only is the hostel itself beautiful and hotel-quality, but the people that work and stay there really make it feel like home. I was traveling alone and this was the perfect place to stay. I might go back to Lisbon just to stay at that hostel. Mama's dinner was also incredible!!

Amazing! Beds were cozy, soft, and the design gave dorm beds privacy. Comforters were greatly appreciated. Showers were great, staff was really wonderful- courteous, friendly, and helpful. Common areas and bar were great for meeting people, hostel was beautiful & excellent value. Home cooked meal was wonderful, also great value, and key setup was neat, though only 1 key was available for a booking of 2, which limited our autonomy a bit. One of the best if not the best hostel of my trip- thanks!

The hostel was perfectly clean and the staff was really friendly. We didn't know the breakfast was included but it was amazing, especially for that price! The trips and free tours are also great!

Staying here was so amazing! It was such a fantastic hostel- perfect size, great areas to hang in, EXCELLENT location! I wish i could have stayed longer. The staff were brilliant. And mamma is such a gem! On my last night she made me especially a gluten-free vegetarian meal and dessert while everyone else ate what I couldn't- how amazing. Would definitely stay here again!!

This is quite possibly one of the best, if not the best, hostels I've ever stayed in. Everything about the Home Lisbon is amazing and I'd do it all over again. Mama's Dinner is delicious. The people are cool. The facilities are super clean. The location is amazing. The bed itself was super comfortable. Yeah, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Everyone was personable and got to know me, even inquiring about my lost luggage when they saw me.

Wow - this place is great - stay here if you need access to the city life and eat here to taste great food - the staff are A1. Lots of places to hang out in the hostel to relax and it gets lively during the night a great option if you want to get warmed up before hitting the city nightlife. Beds are great and very clean. Keep up the great work. All of the above are reasons they keep on winning awards :)

Best hostel ever. That is all.

I had a great time the staff was friendly and professional. I met great people and had a fantastic time. Can't wait to visit again.

• 5th Jul 2014

I can not rave more about this place! Staff/family incredible!!! So clean, so polished, central location, homey atmosphere, lots to do...I could go on and on. I will always recommend this hostel to Lisbon goers! Thanks Mamma and family for making me feel so welcome 😃👍

We arrived to the hostel at midnight and the staff made us feel like they have waited us the whole day!! we got a welcoming drink as well. Amazing hostel. The best hostel I have ever visited. I recommend!!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Finland

We have been underway for 11 weeks now and Home is hands down the BEST hostel. No complaints!!!!!! Would absolutely stay here again. Mamma's dinners are fantastic. Walking tours are great, beach days amazing. Toilets cleaned 4x daily. Best showers ever. Huge lockers, big beds with private charger/light/shelf/curtain. Staff fantastic. I could go on forever. Just stay here!!!!!

Booked home hostel based on other peoples reviews and weren't disappointed. It honestly is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff are amazing and mamma'a dinner is incredible- make sure have dinner at least one night while you are there!

Stay here. You don't have to keep reading reviews, just book this hostel. The staff are very helpful and friendly, Mama's dinners are amazing, the dorms allow privacy with the curtained beds, the bathroom facilities are clean and adequate. I had zero complaints and can easily say it is the best hostel I've stayed at. I had the best time in Lisbon and I will return!

this place is awesome for a reason. the staff are wonderful and super friendly. the nightly dinner is delicious and a great way for everyone to meet and have a good time.

Not a single bad word to say! Thanks for an awesome time! Can't wait to come back!