Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Great hostel! Staff is very arranging: I wanted to stay another night so they arrange to find a bed even if the hostel was full. Mamma's dinner is great. I highly recommend it

Great hostel with great staff! Very comfortable to stay in and near everything. Thanks to Francisco for being a great guide and driver on our day trip to Sintra. There's dinner in the hostel every evening with wine and beer! Great fun to be had. And hello to Spike from London who was great company.

I had a wonderful stay at Lisbon Home. The food was good and the people were awesome.

The most annoying thing is the lockers. As Steve Jobs said design is not just how it looks, but also how it works. It looks nice, but they make a terrible noise. You can even hear it from other rooms or the level above / below. And if you have multiple rooms with 6 people in it someone will somewhere open or close it. Noise level is a crucial comfort factor. I have earplugs against snoring people, but the lockers were too loud.

I've only given 2 perfect reviews and this is the second. Best atmosphere you could want. With their nightly "Mama's Dinners" they make you feel like your with family. Vey clean hostel. Excellent wifi. Nicest and most proactively helpful staff out there. Excellent location, right in the the Ciado district. Giant lockers to fit all your things. World class hostel.

Great stay. Thanks to João

I couldn't have asked for a better hostel. The complementary breakfast in the morning is great, the facilities are great and th staff is extremely friendly and welcoming.

• 2nd Nov 2015

All of the staff at this hostel are fabulous! One of the nicest and friendliest hostels in Europe :)

Short stay in Lisbon for 2 nights All staffs are really helpful just like a family, Bedroom is simple but they have everything Will choose home hostel again when I come back to Lisbon for no doubt!

Brilliant hostel. 10 out of 10. They also ran great day trips and walking tours. Would highly recommend this hostel and will definitely return next time I'm in Lisbon.

Mica was amazing. She made me feel very welcome. Such a sweet person! The hostel is very clean and comfy. Great atmosphere. Everything is perfect.

Mama was the sweetest!

This was my fourth visit to Home Lisbon Hostel... It is not a Hostel or Hotel it is a home when you get inside you feel like you are at your own home.... And Mamas food is excellent..... I can't wait to be there again and the City is a breath taking....

I loved Home Lisbon so much I am going back for 2 more short stays. It really is true, everyone there treats you like family. It's the kind of place where hugs are welcome. When I left and was walking to the metro one of the cleaning staff gals saw me and recognized me and gave me a big smile and "bon dia"! And, yes do have one (or more!) of Mama's fabulous and delicious dinners, go on the Sintra day tour and daily walking tour.

Great hostel. One of the nicest that I've been to.

Unbelievable hostel. Rooms were very clean and beds very comfortable. I loved the dark wood that made up the rooms and the beds were very private. Free lockers under the beds that only open with the wristwatch room key you are assigned. Atmosphere here is unforgettable - I made some amazing friends and memories here that I will not soon forget. Bar is very cheap and good (especially happy hour). Mama's dinner is well worth doing. Free guided tour was so helpful in getting to know the area.

• 29th Oct 2015

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed at after years of travelling!the staff are so genuine, helpful, and happy!

Great staff

Good place loved the common area very homely couches lots of movies. Went on the Sinatra day tour they did from the hostel. Beautiful place but I was a bit disappointed in the energy and information from the guide didn't speak the whole way hardly or give any background to the area more of a drop off pick up bus.. Other than that I was really happy with the hostel

• 28th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

Everything was wonderful. They cut no corners! Breakfasts were delicious (coffee, eggs, rolls, yogurt...etc!) and Mama's dinners, at 10€ for 2 courses and dessert, were the ideal way to meet up with fellow guests if you're traveling alone. The beds were very comfortable, the showers have fancy shower heads, the staff is consistently kind and patient...I couldn't say enough nice things about this place.