Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This was my first stop in a month of travel and I was blown away. I've hosteled a bit primarily in Canada and the US but this was a whole other experience. Free drink on arrival nightly round table meals that really bring people together I met so many people at this hostel three of which I've already seen again and five who may come visit me in Vienna. Mama's meals were delicious and I was so happy that my friend recommended this place. Warm welcoming and a great experience to start my trip off.

Brilliant, the only reason you might not want to come here is that no other future hostel will stack up in comparison. Don't miss out on the nightly dinner, a superb 3 course meal with booze that's great for meeting other travellers. The free breakfast was also outstanding. Clean, well located, has a movie room, great organised walking tour of Lisbon and drive out to Sintra (+ beach & most western point in Europe). Oh, and very friendly & welcoming staff!

Without a doubt, the best place to be!

This hostel was the best hostel that Ive ever visited so far during my stay in Portugal and Spain. Its location, service, cleaness, kindness, tour program... there's nothing I got disappointed with. On the day I arrived, the girl at the reception explained to me everythiing I need to know and made me feel like at home. If you are looking for a hostel in Lisbon, don't hesitate!

• 12th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Excellent place. Super chill. Great location and sense of warmth.

• 12th Jan 2015

One of the best hostels I have stayed at! The location was convenient, very clean and comfortable, the staff were very helpful and approachable, and the atmosphere of the hostel was amazing. Met people easily especially through Mamma's dinners which were affordable and always tasty. Originally wanted to eat the dinners for one night, but ended up eating every night of my stay here. Overall the hostel truly felt like home and I will definitely come back!

This place was great. Nice and clean, friendly staff, comfortable and high quality beds (for a hostel, that is). I would definitely recommend it. To have the best experience, make sure to go to happy hour and to join in with Mama's dinner. You're bound to have a lot of fun and meet a lot of nice people that way :).

It was the best hostel I have ever been into my life and I have been to many. Incredible people, incredible food, atmosphere... I really had a great time and I can't wait to come back to see Mama (the mother of the owner that cooks every night for the guests)

Best hostel in the world!

• 10th Jan 2015

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The atmosphere created at Home Hostel is one that brings travelers together to share stories and have a good time. And mama's dinner really puts it over the top. I loved this place.

Most incredible hostel I've ever stayed in! The best family dinners ever!! Mama you're truly the best :) amazing staff here, very family oriented.

Exceptional hostel. 10 euros for dinner = bread, starter soup, a main course (usually with enough for seconds or even thirds for some people), and dessert, all made by Mama and some helpers. Unreal. Great, clean facilities, strong wifi, excellent staff, comfy beds....pretty much checks off everything. Excellent bar as well. The only thing I can think of as a criticism are that the toilets are not en-suite.

Best Hostel I've ever stayed, by far! The hostel is clean and beautiful. However, what really makes the difference is the atmosphere created by the extremely friendly and fun staff and off course mama's dinner.

• 8th Jan 2015

There is no place like it.. best hostel I have ever been too and doubt any will match it again. The staff are amazing; Mamma is the sweetest old lady and you genuinely feel at home here. They have a few traditions which just make you feel so happy to be apart of the warm and loving community. Most nights, after meeting other travellers, we all sat and hung out at the hostel bar. The staff suggestions for food and drinking bars was spot on and allowed for a truly unique Lisbon experience.

• 7th Jan 2015

I had a lovely time staying in this hostel! Great staff, comfy beds and great facilities. I also think their mamma's dinner idea is really unique and awesome, you can taste local food, it brings people staying in the hostel together and of course mamma is an excellent cook!

It was a good experience to stay at Home Lisbon Hostel. The staffs were helpful and friendly, and Mamma's dinner was really tasty!

This is a super friendly hostel. The staff are lovely and really helpful. Mamma's dinners are fun. Highly recommended.

Best hostel I have stayed in on my travels. Clean, welcoming, social, friendly staff, lots of activities, home-cooked meals (Mama's famous! Do not miss this served nightly!). 24 hour reception, common areas, wifi works everywhere all the time, HOT showers (not the push kind either!) and comfortable beds with individual curtains for privacy, outlet & reading lamp. Great social atmosphere, wish I could stay forever :)

THE BEST HOSTEL EVER. An amazing place that makes you feel at home. The staff is incredible and Mamma's dinners are so good. Great facilities and high speed internet, kitchen, walking tours and day trips and location. I will be back, and spread the word that it's a must place to stay in Lisbon!

Hands down the most welcoming and fun hostel I've ever stayed in. Between Mamma's dinners, the ability to chill out and watch a movie, the cleanliness, and the fun staff, I would come back to Lisbon just to stay there. Bravo!