Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Definitely one of the best hostels we have stayed in. Some of the fantastic features include: free breakfast, awesome common areas with couches, TV, movie, outside patio, computers. Kitchen is good size and has everything you need. The dorm rooms have large lockers on wheels below the beds which means you can put your whole bag in and lock it easily. The below bunks have dark curtains which mean you don’t have to worry about the light. Reading lights and chargers for each bed. THE BEST!

One of the best hostel I have ever been! The staff is really nice! And the dinners coocked by Mama are a must! I also suggest to take the free walking tour in the morning (the pick you up at the hostel at around 10:30), because the guides are great (especially Rita) and they tell you so many interesting things about Lisbon.

We loved it! Best hostel ever and I've seen more than 100!

Excellent hostel in great location, only 10-15m walk to Alfama, the old district. INCREDIBLE staff and atmosphere. Mama's DInners are NOT TO BE MISSED. Powerpoint and reading lamp at each bunk, privacy curtain too. Drinks at the bar are incredibly cheap. Not a small hostel, but a friendly and welcoming environment nonetheless.

Loved my stay at Home Hostel. Definitely sign up for Mamma's dinner, it's a great atmosphere and delicious food!

• 3rd Aug 2014

No words, i started the most incredible months here and i ended here again. Nothing to complain, great hostel, great city, great people!

Location was the absolute best! It was cleaned multiple times a day and the showers were amazing, probably better than the ones at my house. Staff were friendly and mommas dinner was such a great way to meet other people. Would definitely recommend!

Meninas precisam de fichas nas casas de banho caso queiram levar seu proprio secador, secar o cabelo no quarto pode incomodar os outros hóspedes ;)

Like everyone has said it is one of the best hostels I have been to. Staff where really friendly, dinner is a great way to socialise especially if you are travelling on your own and the pub crawl was epic.

• 31st Jul 2014

Staying at Home Lisbon Hostel was like going to my own home in Lisbon. By the end of my stay, the staff and owners, both Andrés, Joãos, Barbara, Bernardo, and Mamma felt like my own family. The environment is so friendly and welcoming and the quality of accommodation is phenomenal. It was never too noisy, and there were things to do provided by the hostel. The location is perfect for all the best sights, shops, bars, and restaurants. You won't regret visiting Lisbon if you stay here, I promise.

• 31st Jul 2014

I had an awesome time in Lisbon and the hostel was fantastic. Mama's dinner is excellent, the staff are friendly and helpful, and there are tons of activities that help everyone meet each other. I will stay there again next time I am in lisbon.

Probably the best hostel in the world! The staff was not only staff, it was like meeting brothers and sisters. We found another Mamma there cooking for us 3 courses each night for little money and always with the possibility to fill up the plate again. And the pub crawls had been fantastic. We couldn't express our gratefulness in any other way than writing and performing this song at our last dinner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCXPkqZCohg Thank you for the best time of my life! :)

• 30th Jul 2014

Home is the whole package. Easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at

This hostel is A M A Z I N G! The staff is super helpful, rooms are large, clean and fashionable. Here the showers and the toilettes are shared but showers are huge and everything is so clean,it's definitely not like the normal shared bathroom (i experienced in other hostels). 24 h reception, no curfew, a lovely cheap bar opened until late, cozy living room with huge TV (you can watch movies, TV series, play PS), free wifi and PCs, possibility of dinner (homemade mama's food) and pubcrawl for 20

Excellent location, excellent hostel. I was at the end of my trip, but I wish I had come here first. Well situated close to the water and tourist sites. Thanks!

I've been in a lot of Hostels around the world and this is definitely one of the best I've ever slept in: simply awesome!!

• 28th Jul 2014

This is no Hostel, this is Family. Extended after 2 days since it was mindblowing how much of a once in a lifetime experience it is to stay there!

Stayed here for 3 nights. Very welcoming and great central location. Lots on offer like a good breakfast and free walking tours of the city. Rooms v clean and comfortable and Mamma's 3 course €10 dinners are not to be missed. Would definitely return. Perfect for single travellers, couples and small groups.

Home is the best hostel we have ever stayed in! Everything is so well set-up, including the little things like having your own power point and light beside your bunk! The free breakfast was great and Mama's €10 dinner was delicious and amazing value for money, as well as being a great way to meet people before the nightly pub crawl. Great location in the heart of Lisbon and very secure. The staff were amazing and you really feel like you've been welcomed into their home.

Amazing hostel! One of the fanciest I have been too, comfy beds, friendly staff showers and toilets cleaned 4 times a day. Great place to travel if you are travelling on your own as Mama's dinners bring everyone together (especially with the toasts at the end) and the walking tours are fairly good.