Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

THE best hostel stay in my last two months of travel through Europe! It has a bit of everything for all types of travelers. Staff were exceptionally helpful, it was obvious they wanted to be there. They made sure you were having a great stay and I was greeted with smiles all day. Mama, I miss your cooking already! It was truly like a big family. Facilities were top notch, felt like new but with a ”old-timey” feel and very clean. Beds were great, bar was hip, great pub crawl & Bunny is awesome!

Fantastic! Beautiful hostel, very helpful and engaging staff, great atmosphere, and the most comfortable hostel beds/rooms I've ever slept in. Also a great location right near the water. Staying here is a must.

• 12th May 2014

Can't think of any bad thing about this hostel. It's perfect. I had a food poisoning during my stay and Mama has treated me like her son. The most lovely staff on earth. Mama's dinner was delicious, and such a great way to make new friends. Would stay there again for sure.

Too noisy. Especially the room 408 . The special room facing the entrance door also the public relax area. Too noisy!

Excelent hostel. Staff are very helpfull and friendly. There are a big stairs but there are an elevator too. Bathroom and shower excelent. Very close to praça do comercio and metro stations.

I loved it! The location is perfect. The staff is awesome. They even made me tea when I was a little sick. So sweet! And Mamma's Dinner... Yummy! I am recommending Home Lisbon to all my friends.

• 9th May 2014

When I was in Lisbon in May 2014 and was told about Home Hostel in Lisbon. When I reached Lisbon I stayed there for two nights and had an amazing time. From the warm welcome from amazing staff, complementary drink to the clean accommodations and interesting travelers from around the world everything was wonderful. Be sure to check out Mamma's nightly dinner of traditional Portuguese foods. The food was outstanding and I purchased Mamma's cookbook to attempt to reproduce the recipes back home

As an older first time European traveller I can't express how welcoming and comfortable the Home hostel made me feel. I really enjoyed Joao (non twin) and Andre (twin) during my stay, many laughs, good times! Lovely Diana was incredibly pleasant and helpful. Mamma is such a warm host and her dinners are incredible, they really make for the perfect time to meet others. I met so many nice travelers that I will stay in contact with. Show up, relax, you are Home and you won't forget it.Thank you!

People here were great, hostel was super social, highly recommend this spot.

Had no complaints about Home, only good things to say! Great location in the city, great happy hour specials and dinners that really foster a social environment, loved the dorms!

This hostel was outrageously fun, clean, and all around one of the best hostel experiences I've ever had! The bar was great, with awesome drink specials. The traditional Portugese dinners made by the owners Mom were very good. The beds were extremely comfortable and the entire staff went above and beyond to make the stay perfect! No complaints once so ever.

I was travelling by myself and it was very easy to meet people. Lisbon is a gorgeous city. try mama's dinner - delicious and a great way to meet fellow travellers!

This was by FAR the best hostel I stayed at in all of Europe

I enjoyed very much my stay. One only thing that i regret is that you need to really like the noise if you wish to participate to the dinner. It is so noisy that it is difficult to hear each other if you want to discuss. If it would have been possible to sit in the second dinning room, the smallest on the right, with the door slightly shut and reserve that room for calmer talks, then it would be perfect. Because the atmospher is really nice, just way too loud. The rest was perfect. Thanks

• 2nd May 2014

Very good hostel, good beds, clean, facilities also good. Mama's dinner and mama herself was awesome! Very friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay there again.

Very fun and social hostel. Great location. Mama's dinners were just sooooo amazing- beautiful food, free wine and a great way to meet people. Dorm rooms spacious and beds very comfy with curtain around each bed. Staff very friendly and helpful. Definitely would go back!

• 30th Apr 2014

True to its numero 1 ranking, this hostel in short is the best. Its very comfortable with luxury rooms and luxury beds. They have amazing facilities for the quite and relaxed travellers as well as the party people. Mama's dinner is really of high quality and amazing dessert. The location of the hostel is very central and accessible to Bairro Alto, Alfama and Comerco

I think I expected too much as I read other people's review and some pictures of this hostel. The lounge and other common area were pretty good but my room and some rest/shower rooms were not very nice. But I think the room itself is totally fine just who share the room with that time is more important. My room was quite dirty and smelly. Bed was comfortable. Mum's dinner was a good taste but it took a bit time between meal and meal but worth to have it:)

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Japan

I booked as part of a group, with an email following several separate reservations. The email back from the hostel assured us we will all stay in the same room (7 people in mixed dorm), yet when arriving to Lisbon I was assigned to a different room then all the others, with no option to switch.

• 29th Apr 2014

It was my first Hostel. And lucky i am, that i was there!!!

• 27th Apr 2014