Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The atmosphere is incredible, you make so many friends. Mama's dinner is AMAZING, not to mention she is amazing. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful. Everything about this hostel just goes above and beyond. Truly the best value for your money. (Plus, the showers and bathrooms are completely spotless and clean. Which is the greatest relief)

• 17th Dec 2014

Fantastic! Definitely lives up to its name. Felt so at home while visiting Lisbon. Mama's dinners were fantastic and there was an incredible atmosphere, great for meeting fellow travelers. Also incredibly clean and well organized. 2 thumbs up!

• 15th Dec 2014

The staff really do make you feel like you're at home. Everyone from Mama to the guys at the bar do a great job making you feel welcome even if you're traveling alone. The whole place was super clean as well. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to other travelers. This was the best overall hostel experience I've ever had.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at

• 14th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

The best hostel I've stayed at. It's beautiful and comfy. It's also located in a really convenient area, right in between all the attractions so that's a plus. The best part of the hostel is the staff--they were all super nice and helpful, and Mama is the sweetest lady! Definitely sign up for Mama's Dinner! So delicious.

Good staff, Nice location, Clean beds, Various entertainments!

That's definitely the best hostel i've ever been so far. I really didn't wanna leave, and this "problem" also happened to other people that i met there. I totally recommend this place. It's clean, secure, well located, the staff is awesomeee and it's a good place to meet nice people. I made good friends during my time there, we went to the dinner and pub crawl organized by the hostel. Mama is amazing!

Best hostel I've ever stayed! The staff was very friendly and the hostel has a great value of money ans is very good and clean. I'd definitely stay there again!

• 13th Dec 2014

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Very friendly and helpful staff, modern facilities (they even have the room key as a wristband so you don't lose it!), great atmosphere. Mama's dinners are delicious. They run day trips to nearby Sintra, have free walking tours, organised pub crawls, cosy common area, bar/dining room with cheap wine and beer, comfy beds with individual lights and curtains, free breakfast that is more than just toast... A great place to stay, definitely recommend!

Best hostel. Stay here.

Joao was an amazing receptionist, the day we arrived he greeted us with some Ginja and gave a a brief yet precise explanation on all the things to do in Lisbon. Mama's dinner is a must try a great way to make some new friends ! :)

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

It feels like home! Loved it!

One of the best hostel I have ever been with a 24hrs bar opening at the reception. Staff are so friendly and willing to help you in anyway they can. Momma' dinner was also amazing. Thanks Momma

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Awesome staff!

• 9th Dec 2014

One of the best parts of visiting a place is the people you meet and I definitely met some amazing people at Home Lisbon. Arriving at 6:30 in the morning, they immediately made me feel at home. Check-in wasn't until 2 pm, but they offered me the couch to nap on and breakfast. Staff were very helpful in giving advice and guidance on Lisbon and making me feel welcome throughout my stay. Mamma's dinners were amazing and provided a great opportunity to meet some fabulous travelers and make friends.

So home hostel is the best place I have stayed in Europe so far. it is beyond amazing :) the staff are so nice and very friendly and they really make you feel at home and mamma cooking is amazing, if u stay here make sure u eat there every night u won't regret it. They have a great atmosphere 24hrs a day. Everything is always really clean and if u have a bottom bunk bed there is curtains to make it dark which is really nice. MAKE SURE U STAY HERE

Great hostel. Definitely the place to stay in Lisbon. Mamma's authentic dinners are to die for and take the thinking out of dinner plans (especially for €10!).

Fautless. Hostels do not get any better than in Portugal, but Home stands out even amongst Portuguese hostels. The family that run this hostel is delightful, particularly Mama. Additionally, I did not meet a single staff member who wasn't super friendly, attentive, and helpful. Obviously all facilities are immaculate and I can not think of a single thing I wanted or needed that wasn't available to me. Cheap drinks at the bar was a bonus! This hostel really is doing everything right.

Home Lisbon Hostel is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It really feels like a home away from home. The staff is incredibly helpful and fun, Mamma's dinners are delicious, the facilities are clean, and Home is the perfect place to meet people. I would recommend it to anyone and I hope to get the chance to stay there again someday!

The best hostel in Lisbon !!! Excellent location,very good breakfast,very nice staff.