Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

My few days here I will remember forever! From the second you walk in you're invited to the warm and welcoming home. All the employees and the guest are very nice and friendly. I shared many stories with emplpyees and guest alike. Mama's dinners are good and come with unlimited wine or beer! The staff is very knowlegeble about everything and will help you with any of your needs! Also Portugal is beautiful! I will come back to see this beautiful country and stay at this beautiful hostel again!

Great place to stay. Staff are always friendly and helpful. You can tell they really enjoy their work and will do anything to help you. 3 course home cooked dinner option is a great way to meet other travellers as are the free walking tours. Very comfortable beds. An exceptional hostel and a lot of time and care is spent running it.

Such a cosy hostel. This has to be one of the best organised hostels around. Great staff and amazing facilities. Loved mamas dinners. Bloody bargain! You must do the Sintra day tour. Highly recommend.

This place is just amazing

The sinks in the men's bathrooms did not have hot water, only cold. And the bathrooms had a bad smell throughout my stay. Shower stalls seemed to have mold in the tile grout. Staff were great, breakfast was excellent.

• 23rd Oct 2015

I would return to POrtugal for the Hostel alone. Like they were wonderful in every which way. The pepople were great the spacce qas great and it actually felt like a home. The only thing that sucks is that any hostel after this one is gonna suck

• 23rd Oct 2015

It was my sixty time in Lisbon but my first in the Home Lisbon Hostel. I always make myself at home when I go to Lisbon and staying in the Home Lisbon Hostel was feeling much more like my home sweet home. I hope come back as soon as posible to my home.

I absolutely loved it here! The staff was incredibly nice and helpful, free breakfast was delicious and offered a huge variety (even for gluten free folks!), facilities were nice with wooden beds (each with their own locking compartment underneath), dinner every night in the dining area for cheap and cheap drinks at the bar. If I ever go back to Lisbon (and I really really want to), I will definitely be staying here!

Except hostel with great staff and atmosphere. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and this is by far the best one I've ever stayed in, it feels very comfortable and very much like home. Mama's dinners are a must and a trip to the hostel is not complete if you haven't had her dinner at least once, I ate there every night of my stay.

• 19th Oct 2015

home hostel is honestly a home away from home. it may be a bit more expensive but it is worth it... mamma honestly has a heart of gold and her cooking/dinners are a must not miss... great way to meet new people and fill your bellies with Portuguese recipes from the heart! would recommend sintra day trip also! rest of the staff are also so helpful with any questions. A+ from me ( and remember ...its not a shot)

Oh the food was good :)

Honestly, one of the best, if not the best, hostals I've stayed at. Great, helpful, friendly staff. Good atmosphere in the "bar/dinner" room, and also in the shared common areas with a large TV and movie options. The home-cooked dinner they offer is a good deal, and helps bring people together. Was impressed in 2012 and just as impressed in when I came back in 2015.

Everything went really good in our stay. The staff is friendly and the place is very clean and organised. Nothing to complain! :-)

Great stay overall. Warm and cozy vibe. The TV room is great for relaxing out, playing games, or even napping. Mamma's dinners are to die for and worth every penny. 3 courses and bottomless wine included for 10 euro and were great opportunities to meet other guests. I highly recommend their tour to Sintra with their staff. The dorms were clean and appointed with curtains and power points. Nice showers. Staff was super friendly and helpful save for a few likely language based miscommunications.

Akex was great.

The hostel is in a great location, a very short walk from all the main touristic places. It is clean, with a friendly staff and the facilities are great really. There is a party every night and it is the perfect hostel if you want to meet a lot of people and explore with them the night life of Lisbon.

It is more than an hostel...Just get to this hostel, meet travellers from many countries around the world and friendly staff, enjoy the delicious menu in the evenings....

The BEST hostel you could stay in ANYWHERE in Europe. The second I arrived, the staff welcomed me in with open arms, and a welcome shot. I was travelling alone, so receiving a warm welcome really had an influence on my comfort levels at the Home Hostel, and my eagerness to explore more. Every night, dinner was superb.I grew to know the staff, and Mamma of course, and I genuinely felt so comfortable at at home there. I would recommend this place to anyone I come across. Miss this place so much!!

• 13th Oct 2015

Absolutely amazing hostel. Beautiful rooms, great location, friendly staff, amazing people. I wish I'd been able to spend more time here. I'd absolutely stay here again.

Home Lisbon Hostel was the first hostel I ever stayed at, and the only bad thing I have to say was that it set the bar way too high! Everything about this hostel was amazing. The staff was so kind and helpful. The hostel was immaculately clean, and the beds were comfortable (I especially loved the curtain on the lower bunks). With the happy hours, family dinners, comfy living room, and pub crawls, there was an amazing social atmosphere here. Highly recommend!!

• 13th Oct 2015