Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Very nice place with excellent breakfast but most importantly the wonderful staff, they helped me with everything and in a very friendly way. Special thanks to the girl who made a phone call for me to a local bus company and helped me with getting all the information I needed! Highly recommend it to everyone!!!

Overall no bad comment for the hostel. Very good stay for the three nights. Nice tour to sintra ! And love the mama's cooking very much. Hope the hostel can keep on this good quality services for travellers!

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

In an old building with renovation, but still with the smell. Should do vacuum everyday in the room, there's dust . Bed will shake while people clim up to upper bed. Breakfast is very good, staff is very helpful...

Stayed here before, and will definitely stay again... :)

Impeccably clean, friendly staff, awesome location, they could definitely charge more than $20 a night for what they give you

• 17th Apr 2015

Awesome hostel!! Great rooms, location, staff and food. Would come back anytime!!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Gabon

This hostel is hands-down amazing. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Lisbon! The staff are all friendly and helpful. The facilities are clean and secure. Your key is actually a watch with a fob that gets you in and out. The best, though, is Mama's dinner every evening. You will not get a better dining experience for 10 euro anywhere in the city. The camaraderie and fun atmosphere makes this the best value in the city.

Amazing hostel with an incredible staff, clean rooms, great food, and an awesome day tour to Sintra. This was definitely the best hostel that I've ever stayed in, and I will absolutely be back next time I travel to Lisbon!

The staff was very friendly and helpful and everything was super clean! The hallway even smelled like roses.

• 14th Apr 2015

Nice hostel. Best in the world... Maybe not but still overall enjoyed our stay

Quite honestly the best hostel i have ever stayed in. The decor has been so well thought out to make you feel right at home, all the staff are beautifully helpful, the drinks are great value for money and best of all... Mamma's cooking each night! It offers a real slice of Portugal that you can not find anywhere else! Thank you for making my stay in Lisbon so great! Would recommend this hostel to all! Much love, Danny Petherick.

Couldn't be happier with our stay at home lisbon hostel; Mica was particularly delightful! We were only there for one night and unfortunately were too tired to take part in the hostel-organized activities (communal dinner and a pub crawl), but everything was really nice and clean and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• 13th Apr 2015

I have a wonderful week in this hostel

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

Everything was really great! Momma's dinners were awesome and she is just the sweetest. They have great deals on drinks and tours around Lisbon as well. The bathrooms could be a bit improved but other than that it was great!

Very homy and nice decor, good beds and I like it that you have curtains on the lower berths for more privacy. Bathrooms were clean, breakfast was good, location is fantastic. No complaints at all, I would stay again for sure.

• 11th Apr 2015

Actually the second best HOSTEL i've ever been. Wonderful!

• 11th Apr 2015

This is by far the best hostel that I have ever stayed in. I have done a fare amount of traveling for my age (24) and I can say that this was indeed a home than a hostel. I highly recommend participating in the dinners at night, you will not be mistaken. I recommend the tours that are FREE and amazing, by the Wild Walkers. Hugo and Sofia are great. Gil runs the pub crawls and cares a great deal foe you feedback as well. Next time I'm in Portugal, this will be my home again.

Perfect location in the heart of Lisbon, few steps from metro/trams, great staff - all of them so friendly, nice, helpful. Rooms are nice, clean with a bit of privacy (curtains on lower bed), lockers for luggage. Coffee and tea limitless 24 h, big and really good breakfast. Many nice and useful facilities in many places, really good atmosphere & soul.

Most of the staff at the hostel was warm and welcoming and willing to assist us with questions. The food that the owner of the hostel made on Friday night was delicious and it built a strong camarederie amongst the guests.

• 10th Apr 2015

Absolutely loved my experience and hope I get a chance to come back!