Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

The staff and facilities were amazing. Everyone was friendly and I had an amazing time. I can't wait to go back.

There's definitely a reason it's called home!

• 30th May 2014

I dare say, Home Lisbon Hostel has been the best hostel I've stayed in by far. Not only were the facilities clean despite being shared, but the entire place had a wonderful homely feeling to it. But the best part of everything was the friendliness of the staff and how they have such a great sense of fun and enjoyment. The pub crawls were epic, with Bairo Alto within 10 to 15 minute walking distance, and the people staying in the hostel were all like-minded travellers. Very highly recommended!

Great location. The value for money, staff, rooms and general atmosphere could not be faulted. Also added for free is a lovely buffet breakfast.

Absolutely loved this place! I travelled on my own and its so easy to meet people. They have a dinner everynight and its such a great way to meet great people. I have nothing but positive things to say about this hostel. Easily the best hostel I've stayed in. Unfortunately Mamma wasn't there for my trip but Joao and Andre looked after us and the girls in the kitchen made some amazing food! Thanks for everything guys :)

• 29th May 2014

Simply, the best hostel I've ever stayed.

Enthusiastic, informative and super helpful staff! Facilities were top notch and the owner Andre has really paid great attention to the little things that backpackers require. The best hostel I have ever stayed in! I will definitely be back in the near future!

Great place great location! I'll be back!

I could not recommend this place more! They have EVERYTHING and are SO LOVELY if you are looking for the best this is the place home hostel Lisbon went beyond my expectations! The staff so friendly makes you feel like you really are at home thank you guys!

The best Hostel ever! The staff really they care a lot about the guests The room was clean and wide even you have a curtain in your bed . The location is excellent close from all the main important places to visit. At night you have Mama's dinner and free drinks for a quite affordable prize with very warm and nice people. I recommend 100% Lisbon Hostel and I hope I could come back soon.!

My experience in this hostel was just amazing. Location was perfect. The rooms were clean and perfectly comfortable. The staff were the best I ever met in my life. I definitely recommend this hostel. The food which is served during dinner time was just incredible. Keep going this way guys and thank you for everything.

I honestly have only good things to say about Home Hostel - they manage to make their guests feel as welcome as if we were staying in someone's home but also as well taken care of as if we were staying at a hotel. The bathrooms are always clean, the rooms are super secure, the free breakfast doesn't skimp you at all, and the staff are super friendly/helpful. Home was hands down the best hostel I stayed at on my trip - if you get to Lisbon WHICH YOU SHOULD, stay here.

Andre' Mata, Joao guedes, and joana really made the experience so great here. I've traveled all over Europe and I have stayed at many hostels but this tops it off as the best. They went above and beyond to make sure you felt at home and had a good time. Because of these people and of course momma, it brings everyone else together for dinner and partying. I will recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone i know that will be going to Lisbon. Great job Home Lisbon Hostel!!!

• 25th May 2014

I absolutely loved my time at Home Hostel. Great staff, location and the dinners are just perfection! Can't wait to come back!

I originally only wanted to stay 2 nights in Lisbon but there was so much to see and I just loved the Hostel I decided to stay there a whole week. The staff was very friendly and helped me out whenever they could. The dinners were fantastic and it was the ideal place to meet people as I was travelling by myself. I highly recommend to stay at Home Lisbon and to do the free walking tour.

• 25th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Absolutely great brilliant hostel, Amazingly friendly and knowledgeable staff and good facilities. Probably the best hostel i've ever been to and may ever go to!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. It has everything a traveller would ever need.

I only spent one night but had an overall good experience.

Best hostel I ever been to!! The staff made everything even better and a special thank to Mama for the dinner and Italian chat :D !! Location is great, you need to stay there if you go to Lisbon!!!

We are older folks spending our first hostel stay! It is a good experience but hostel living is not for us ;) I feel this home Lisbon hostel will be great for the young ones - everything is perfect! Need security tag to come into premises when dark. The only improvement needed is maybe providing locks for the storage space under the beds.

• 21st May 2014