Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Cannot say a bad word about this place. Booked for three nights and it wasn't long enough! Staff are amazing, incredibly friendly atmosphere, comfortable beds with curtains (oh sweet privacy!). And don't even get me started on how good Mamma's dinners are. The best hostel I've stayed at, recommend it 100%.

Our stay at home lisbon hostel was my best experience ever in terms of cheap accomodation. Clean, modern and warm interior design, nice beds, big breakfast buffet etc. It will be my obvious choise for future Lisbon stays. Thanks a lot guys!!

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

By far, the best hostel i've stayed in. Excelent location, cheap, clean, great staff, amazing atmosphere. It has everything you can ask for in an hostel.

Best hostel there is. Amazing staff and facilities.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Just left lisbon after the most amazing time staying at home. This place has ruined any other hostel for us as I don't anywhere else could beat it. From the moment you walk through the door and have your shot of Gina and shown around the gorgeous facilities you feel like you really are home. Mamas cooking every night is delicious and such a fun social event great way to meet people and sample some Portuguese cuisine, we loved it so much we didn't bother eating out. The beds are soooo comfortable

Unbelievable! I started my journey here and will end it there too... And have recommended to everyone I have met on my travels. Dinner from mama- amazing. Atmosphere is incredible, TV with movies, tons of chairs, PS3. I made many friends there, it's right in the heart of Lisbon, near the river, close to transit, close to the sights, the castle is right up the street, walking tours are incredible, day trips to sintra, pub crawls are great, close to Bairro Alto... Just go, it's incredible 100%!

Very fitting name, emphasis on the "home" part. The staff really does a good job of making you feel welcomed and the dinner prepared my Mama is a must! Great drink specials and they offer great tours also!

Everything was perfect

• 2nd Nov 2014

Despite having been travelling for years, I rarely write reviews. For "Home Hostel", I was compelled to! It is handw down, my favourite hostel I have ever stayed in!!!!! I hated leaving. Everything was perfect - location, staff, lounge area, beds, dorm set up, showers, bathrooms, social aspect... and of coruse, nightly dinners! So great for meeting people, especially as a solo traveller. The hostel alone makes me want to return to Lisbon. Can't recommend highly enough!!

The best Hostel I've ever stayed!!! The staff is excellent and super friendly anytime! I loved the beds with the curtains cause you can have privacy if you want to. Definitly try Mammas Dinner!!! It is worth it! Thank you all so much for this 5 days! I'll come back when I'm in Lisbon!

So many good things about this hostel! Where do I start? Super friendly staff, immaculately clean, great location, very good price, and good security. We were just there for a weekend but we wanted to stay longer. I can not recommend this hostel or a trip to Lisbon enough!

could use more ventilation in the bathroom

Amazing hostel in a good location with an incredible atmosphere! The staff are extremely helpful and Mamma's meals will go down as a trip highlight! Thank you!!

• 27th Oct 2014

Everything was wonderful except the beds. I've never slept in such squeaky bunks. Makes sleeping very difficult even with ear plugs in if you are a light sleeper.

Home Lisbon Hostel is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It is clean, well-located, safe, comfortable and all those important things. But what makes Home so special is the staff and the atmosphere. The staff is incredibly nice and willing to help you no matter what. Mama's dinner was amazing and it created a comfortable environment for travelers to meet and hang out, which was important for me as I was traveling alone. Overall, Home has a warm and happy energy and I will be back very soon!

• 25th Oct 2014

Nothing short of Amazing! Best hostel I have EVER stayed in. And I've stayed in many.

Flawless.

I've stayed in hundreds of hostels and this was the best. Everything was perfect, the staff are really great, thanks :)

Amazing hostel. Great atmosphere and facilities. Loved the meals and my room.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.