Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

I had a great time the staff was friendly and professional. I met great people and had a fantastic time. Can't wait to visit again.

• 5th Jul 2014

I can not rave more about this place! Staff/family incredible!!! So clean, so polished, central location, homey atmosphere, lots to do...I could go on and on. I will always recommend this hostel to Lisbon goers! Thanks Mamma and family for making me feel so welcome 😃👍

We arrived to the hostel at midnight and the staff made us feel like they have waited us the whole day!! we got a welcoming drink as well. Amazing hostel. The best hostel I have ever visited. I recommend!!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Finland

We have been underway for 11 weeks now and Home is hands down the BEST hostel. No complaints!!!!!! Would absolutely stay here again. Mamma's dinners are fantastic. Walking tours are great, beach days amazing. Toilets cleaned 4x daily. Best showers ever. Huge lockers, big beds with private charger/light/shelf/curtain. Staff fantastic. I could go on forever. Just stay here!!!!!

Booked home hostel based on other peoples reviews and weren't disappointed. It honestly is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff are amazing and mamma'a dinner is incredible- make sure have dinner at least one night while you are there!

Stay here. You don't have to keep reading reviews, just book this hostel. The staff are very helpful and friendly, Mama's dinners are amazing, the dorms allow privacy with the curtained beds, the bathroom facilities are clean and adequate. I had zero complaints and can easily say it is the best hostel I've stayed at. I had the best time in Lisbon and I will return!

this place is awesome for a reason. the staff are wonderful and super friendly. the nightly dinner is delicious and a great way for everyone to meet and have a good time.

Not a single bad word to say! Thanks for an awesome time! Can't wait to come back!

Mama's dinners are the things you hear about in travel lore that sound too good to be true, but then when you get here and discover it's actually happening it easily makes you never want to leave. Fantastic hostel, staff, excursions etc. Truly felt like home in Lisbon. Obrigado, gente!

This is the best hostel i've ever been to! The staff is very friendly, The atmosphere is great, you have a lot of facilities, the breakfast is very good,... You should really try the "mamma's dinner"! A great time to meet new people at dinner. They also have a beach trip were they take you to an awesome beach! Nothing else then good words for this hostel! Great one!

They're changing their room key system so they could only give one key per booking, you need a key to get everywhere so its inconvenient. They did give us another key on the 2nd day when we asked again, and staff were very friendly. Great hostel, will be perfect when they sort out their new key system!

So impressed by Home Hostel, I've stayed in hostels all though out Europe and can safely say that this one is by far the best! Staff are genuinely friendly people and will help you with any questions about what to do in Lisbon & the rest of Portugal, and show you how to get there. Rooms are spotless and have air con, massive individual lockers and little shelves with a port for charging electronic devices. Don't miss Mamma's dinner, great for meeting fellow travellers and an amazing 3 courses!

• 27th Jun 2014

THE BEST HOSTEL OF OUR HOLE TRIP IN EUROPE!!! Thank you to all the great staff :)

• 25th Jun 2014

Best hostel. Special thanks to Diana, Andre, and Francisco for a great beach tour. Mamas Dinner is the best deal in town as well.

Best hostel ever. Excellent location, with excellent infrastructure. The staff is the sweetest, and the food and atmosphere are amazing. Certainly will come back, already miss the place!

This review will be very redundant, but staying here has been the best hostel experience I have ever had. I was traveling alone, but never felt alone. Everyone from the staff to the people staying here are all super friendly. The vibe the staff creates is the best. Momma's dinner is as amazing as other people have said. Do the pub crawl and walking tour! They started doing a beach trip which was also a great time.

Had an amazing time! Thank you for everything! Only thing I'd change would be time for breakfast. Finishing at 10am was a bit too early, especially for the ones going to the pub crawl. 11am would be perfect.

• 23rd Jun 2014

This is the place to stay in Lisbon! Everything you wish a hostel would be. I've stayed in many hostels now, and would say this one is one of the best I've ever stayed at. Staff is lovely, location is amazing, the rooms are beautiful, beds have curtains for privacy and a light and plug. Mama's dinner is the best thing ever. I could go on and on about everything that was so amazing, but you should just go here yourself!

The hostel is amazing...I felt like I was at home. The nightly dinners are a must. The staff is amazingly helpful and they are always willing to help you on anything. Not to mention that I loved the rooms, beds and the personal decoration of the place. My favorite hostel in the world.

We were a little skeptical of the "world's best hostel" reviews, until we got to Home. From the very beginning, the staff are incredibly kind and helpful upon entrance. The rooms are well-kept, clean and modern. It has everything you need (WiFi, bar open 24 hours, pay laundry, kitchen). The part that stands out, however, is the atmosphere. The travelers were all friendly and cordial and open to mingling and doing things together, and a big part of that is the nightly dinners cooked by "Mom."