Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Easily our favourite hostel so far. Great facilities & security. Friendly staff. Mamma's dinner was delicious and good value/atmosphere. Little touches like offering free welcome drinks, snacks for World Cup games, and staff genuinely taking the time to chat with guest and help them out however they could, made this place number one for us.

• 16th Jun 2014

This hostel couldn't be any better, they have thought of everything! Awesome atmosphere for solo travellers to meet new people, really does feel like home.

We have been traveling across Europe for the past two months, and Home Lisbon has simply been the best Hostel we have visited. The location, staff, and environment made our stay so enjoyable. The hostel is very clean as well. We would highly highly recommend Home Lisbon to anyone wanting to visit Lisboa.

Without a doubt the best hostel I've stayed in (so far..). Great brekky, loveliest staff, perfect location, great rooms (bottom bunks even have a little privacy curtain), and of course Mama's dinner is something particularly special.

Incredible staff. Eventhough people were coming and going every day, it felt like there was a strong community thanks to Mammas dinners and the staff.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Japan

I can't say enough good things about Home. The staff, the dinner, the atmosphere..it's really easy to meet people here, and I'll never forget my stay here!

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of service and the courteousness of the staff there. I had arrived quite early in the morning and I was treated very well by everyone there. The facilities are extremely clean (and the cleaners are great people). The quality of cooking, the facilities and overall atmosphere make the place feel like a home away from home. I would recommend it 110% and when I'm back in Lisbon, I'll be using their hostel again.

Family dinner was great! Fabulous food for a fabulous price. Everything was very clean and the staff were friendly.

This was awarded as the best small or medium (can't recall) hostel in the world? I really wondered why, so as a quite experienced traveler and having had visited dozens of hostels worldwide, I decided to try it on a weekend break in Lisbon, and guess what, I definitely understand it why it is considered the best and have so many 100% reviews! The atmosphere and the warm welcome explain it! I can't say it is the best, I've been in many perfect hostels, but I can't find a single negative thing! 5*

Only rarely I'll rate a hostel 100%, but Home Lisbon definitely deserves it. I would rate staff 110%. Breakfast and facilities are also great. I'd only suggest that bathrooms were cleaned more often during the day.

All awards are not enough for this hostel. Amazing place, incredible atmosphere, awesome staff and best of all mamma's dinner is by far the best meal I had in my whole 3 months of Europe travel. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I'll definitely be back.

Fantastic hostel, undoubtedly one of the best in the world. Super friendly and helpful staff, perfect central location, amazingly clean and well secured accommodation. Don't miss the fantastic Mamma's dinner in a family atmosphere. In short, perfect place to stay in Lisbon, all that for a very reasonnable price. HUGELY RECOMMENDED!!!!

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

This hostel is amazing!! Loved the beds, you get your own powerpoint, shelf and curtain, so very private, also a big lock up drawer underneath for all your bags and stuff. Living room was really homely, location perfect, close to everything. Had a great stay and would stay there again for sure, one of the best and most professionally run hostels ive ever stayed at.

A great place to stay with the current level of helpfulness from the staff. Everyone wants your experience to be the best possible and the family atmosphere is great!

Best hostel I've ever been in, the staff is really nice and mama's dinner every night is excellent !

• 12th Jun 2014

Home Lisbon lives up to it's reputation as one of the best hostels in the world. Very happy vibe and environment. Big rooms with plenty of space to store luggage and great AC. Staff was also super helpful. A must visit!

Such a phenomenal hostel. Gorgeous facilities, clean bathrooms and shower rooms, and very comfortable dorm rooms. Mamma's dinner was one of my favorite meals of my vacation so far, I wish I could come back sooner!

Flawless. Truely deserves to be called the best hostel in the world. Cannot wait to go back.

awesome and amazing place

• 11th Jun 2014

The best hostel I've stayed in. The staff are all lovely and there is lots of socials going on. Also, the hostel is really spotless, so clean!