Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

I think Home Hostel has ruined other hostels for me for life. The staff were so friendly and helpful, the beds were super comfortable, bathrooms were impeccably clean, the atmosphere was great, particularly in the living room, and Mama's dinner was fantastic - both for the food and opportunity to meet people. It was basically like staying in a hotel, or your own home. I would recommend to everyone, but especially long term solo travellers.

Amazing place!! Definately one of the best hostels i ever stayed in! We had so much fun here and mamma's dinners are great! We will have to come back..

• 2nd Dec 2013

I wouldn't normally give a 100% rating if the hostel didn't deserve it, but Home Hostel is the epitome of the perfect hostel. Awesome location, awesome staff, and there is always 100% effort to make sure everyone feels accommodated. Momma's Home Cooked meals just tops off fantastic Lisbon days. The beds are better than what I have at home and the locker storage under the beds is humongous, which is always a necessity for the lazy backpacker. The cherry on the top is the the curtains for the beds

The best fuckin' hostel in the world

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Great staff. Great rooms. Very clean. Showers and restrooms were very nice. Kitchen was nice and big. Only weak point was the wifi. Dinners were delicious.

OH MY GOD THE BEST HOSTEL EVER. I didnt want to leave, seriously. The staff is so nice, and Mamma was really like a mother. The hostel is really clean, they though of every detail. It is so comfortable, they have ipads, games, LOTS of movies. Internet connection is great. I'd go to lisbon again just to stay there! Thank you guys for the amazing experience. I am brazilian and Mamma made brazilian food to me! So nice! And SOOO cheap that I even thought the price was unfair.

Simply the best hostel ever. Thank you so much!! PS.: there's no Brazilian language, HostelWord.com

• 30th Nov 2013

Best food in Lisbon! Momma makes a mean meal. The hostel was constantly being cleaned. Bunk beds were great because they were built into the wall - no creaking when you/person above you moves around, shelf and outlet for your phone, light for your bunk, and large drawers to put your entire bag in. The wristbands as room keys were really great, and the walking tours and pub crawls were top notch. There was an older/more tame crowd than I expected. Great hostel, but I wish it had a younger vibe.

Wonderful hostel with a very homey atmosphere! Mama's dinner was fantastic and Diana was so kind and helpful. It seemed like the bathrooms were just cleaned every time I went in there. There's a huge TV, 2 iPads, and 2 Mac computers free for use. The beds are unbelievably comfortable. The bar crawl was pretty good. Good place to meet other travelers although we did notice that the crowd tended to be a bit older. Definitely not a party hostel but a great place to relax during your stay in Lisbon.

This place is amazing! It really feels like home. You can literally put on a movie in the lounge and fall asleep on the couch like you would at home and you would not feel out of place. Mumma is a wicked lady and cooks a mean meal. The staff are friendly as and are very helpful. One of the better breakfast's I have had in a hostel as it gives you a bit of variety! Highly recommend to stay here.

I enjoyed the stay in Home Hostel a lot. The stuff was charming. I warmly recommend Home Hostel to everybody! Th,K.

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Switzerland

Best hostel in the world!!!!

Beautiful hostel with a great atmosphere. I would definitely go back there!

home hostel is a great experience. very kind and professional staff. its a refuge from the beautiful but bustling city. i would go again next time in Lisbon!

Great, very homey hostel! Staff are wonderful, mama's cooking is delicious, bar prices are great and the overall ambience and atmosphere is cozy and social. Beautiful decor to the place which is also very conveniently located. Also, excellent value - gotta love the prices in Portugal!

Had a wonderful stay - mamas cooking and hospitality made us feel so welcome like we were staying with family. Sadly there were pronlems with internet when we were there but it was not there fault. great that they had ipads computers, food and a lounge so there was everythuing u could need. good nights sleep in comfy bed too

Loved this hostel! Mumma's cooked meals were great and really good way to meet other people! Everything about this hostel was great and I lived the cosy lounge room...felt just like home. Will definitely be coming back here to stay! The walking your with Vera was also great ad another good way to meet people an see some of the amazing sights in Lisbon!

Comfortable beds, secure storage, sleeping area separate from common area, common areas perfect for socializing, and chilling out or rallying your new friends. Definitely a younger crowd but many good people stay here., and you´re sure to have a great time in Lisbon if you stay for a few nights. Directly in the town center and walking distance to all the fun and site seeing or the Metro.

This place makes you feel like home, for sure. The staff is lovely and Mama's dinner is something you cannot miss! Loved it!

My visit to Lisbon was a success and that was made possible by the great staff at this hostel. They made me feel like I was actually at home. They offer dinner daily (for €10) and they also have an entertainment room where people gather around to watch a movie in the evenings. I honestly don't know why a traveler would stay at a five-star hotel when they have Home Hostel.

• 21st Nov 2013