Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

One of the best home style hostels in Lisbon.

Great location. Mamma's dinner was really good.

Again a great staying in Home, will be back soon!

• 27th Aug 2014

I am a 26 year old female and traveled alone to this hostel. I have traveled a lot and have stayed at a lot of hostels and I would say this is probably the best hostel I have ever stayed at. I had an incredible experience-- it was very very easy to meet people, staff were both friendly and helpful, and the city itself is amazing. I would highly highly highly recommend this hostel to both experienced travelers and new comers alike. :D

Got there after my 6am flight into Lisbon and they immediately showed me a luggage room where I could keep my things until check in, told me to help myself to the free breakfast, and said that I was welcome to nap on the couch in the common area (which I did!). Excellent hostel, would go back again for sure.

• 26th Aug 2014

Great staff, very helpful and very good English speakers. Mama's dinner is - as per all reviews on here - awesome. Lots of people to meet and great rooms. Beds with curtains, that's awesome! Only the showers didn't really seem tooo clean, but it's a hostel after all. Would stay again, highly recommended.

Best experience ever! Thank you Mama and all the staff for maaking our stay so pleasant.

• 24th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel in central Lisbon, can really recommend. Ok breakfast and a good home made dinner for 10 €, nice atmosphere at the dinner.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Finland

I was passing through Lisbon, so was unfortunately staying only one night. Would have loved to stay longer if it had been possible. The staff were friendly & very welcoming, the facilities in each room were fantastic (individual reading lights and power outlets, curtains on beds). It's not a huge place (so that encourages mingling), but it's definitely not small or pokey. I've stayed in my fair share of hostels, and this one is easily one of the best in my experience.

Great spot, everything you would want!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Simply the best hostel I've ever stayed! They have almost everything you need: perfect location; comfortable and cozy bed with curtain, private outlet and lamp; clean showers and toilets; very varied breakfast; awesome livingroom with TV, iPads, etc; good wi-fi even in rooms; public computers; good kitchen; laundry; balcony for smokers; delicious Mama's dinner; very friendly staff; and even the bar!:) Thank you very much guys for such warm and wonderful atmosphere! Hope to come back again!

Best hostel I have stayed in! The rooms and breakfast felt more like a hotel and Mamma's dinners are delicious and amazing value. Thank you for an excellent stay!

Enjoyed my stay and will be back some day!

• 20th Aug 2014

This hostel is a dream, I actually stayed an extra day because I really didn't want to leave. Lisbon is an amazing city but this hostel is mostly what makes up for that opinion. The atmosphere is very conducive to making friends and I ate in most days because Mama's cooking is simply amazing and the best deal around town. Mama and the staff are super sweet! The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are very clean. I love this hostel and will definitely be back!

Quite easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Great location (with excellent directions), perfectly clean and safe, very social without being noisy so you get lots of fun (day trips, walking tours, dinner) and lots of sleep! Will be recommending.

• 19th Aug 2014

There's a reason this is one of the best hostels in the world: amazing and comfy common room, CHEAP bar and dining room, and, most of all, MOMMA'S dinners! Authentic Portuguese food cooked by a most motherly woman, will want you coming back for more. Very, very highly recommended hostel.

I absolutely loved my stay in Home. Mama´s dinner was amazing, every single night I had it. I was travelling alone, and met great people, had lots of fun and the facilities are great. Comfy beds, with drawer lockers, reading lights and a curtain, if you want privacy, you can have it even in a shared room. Besides, staff´s amazing and Mama´s such a lovely woman, highly recommend it.

It's absolutely perfect. Lisbon has a slew of terrific hostels and I have stayed at the best, according to the ratings – Yes Lisbon and Travellers House, as well as Home. This one, Home Hostel, is right up there with the others and I'd easily say it was my favourite. It's not just exceptionally clean, cozy, and convenient – the beds are nicer than anything you'll find in a hotel, as are the washrooms and showers – but they have a bar with insanely cheap prices, pub crawl, and walking tour.

Everything everyone is saying is true!! Best hostel I've ever stayed in. It really made our stay in Lisbon memorable. We met some amazing people, and the staff was so friendly! Perfect!

• 14th Aug 2014

It is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The staff was really attentive and willing to help whenever they could. Every night the owners of the hostel mother cooked dinner for the guests, which were simply amazing and really cheap, only 10 euros, with drinks included.