Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

A well run hostel in the heart of the city, made possible by a family that welcomes new as its newest member. This is my second stay at the hostel and I'll be sure to stay there again when I look into buying a house in Lisbon. Breakfast was excellent and dinner is always special. I can't say enough. Deborah, Diana, Joao and the extended family are great help and are always there to make you feel at home. I'll definitely recommend it to my friends who will visit Lisbon in the near future.

The experience is great. The staffs are very friendly and the location is perfect. I love cooking and there's a very big kitchen to stay. And the breakfast is also pretty good. People are friendly and there's lots of events everyday.

This was my first time travelling on my own and the hostel have made it extra special by hosting dinner and pub crawl in the evening so that I get to meet a lot of new friends. The bed was comfortable with own bedside light and plug, lockers which was underneath the beds were big enough to put your luggage in there. I checked out quite late than the suggested time, but they were cool about it. Also I got to leave my suitcase in the store room after I have checked out. A dream hostel this is!

Great hostel, really nice rooms and common areas, friendly staff and the communal dinners are delicious.

• 12th Oct 2015

Absolutely my favorite hostel and city! Wish I could have stayed forever.

It was a great hostel, really good location, just a little too busy for me, breakfast time was annoying because they couldn´t keep up with demand and people were crowded. But the bathrooms and rooms were super clean, the actual beds were so nice, especially the bottom bunk with a privacy curtain. The hang out room was really nice also. Just too many people.

Amazing staff - thank you for your tips, assistance, smiles, and warmth. This is hands down the best hostel I've stayed in - and it isn't because of the location, cleanliness, etc.... It's because of the great people!

• 8th Oct 2015

Great hostel to meet great people, friendly and helpfyl staff! The breakfast is super awesome and the dinner with Mama is amazing! is the best !

The people make this place. The staff are so nice and helpful with everything. And it's easy to meet other travellers especially if you do the dinners at the hostel. Also one of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed at. Hot showers, strong WiFi and great vibe.

Great "home" to have an amazing time in beautiful Lisbon! Definitely go there if you appreciate a friendly atmosphere and meeting people, and do not only look for party nights. Home hostel offers all three. When returning to Lisbon I will chose this "home" again ;-)

• 7th Oct 2015

I have rates this hostel 91% on the overall expirence but still on some counts i did expirence that the fitting in the dorm or in the bathroom dint function properly .. It would be my recomendation to the hostel to take a note of this .. Apart from this .. Mama dinner was a fabulous expirence worth every penny.. They do deserve the title of best hostel inn europe ..

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, the WiFi works everywhere. It is just like a home. The only thing that would improve is to have hot water taps in the bathrooms. Otherwise it is perfect.

Best hostel i've ever seen!

• 6th Oct 2015

Superb! Best Hostel I had been. Good atmosphere although this is not a party hostel. Staff are very friendly and speak good english. Must try their Mama's dinner!

• Singapore

İf I go To Lizbon again,I want stay at homehostel

• Turkey

I loved all of it. I don't tend to go to places twice but you may have to put up with me once more in the future The welcome I got from Joao immediately made me feel important, at home, welcome and relaxed and that really cannot be underestimated when you travel alone. Thank you, Joao. Lent me his lighter also, which was lovely. Mama's mealtime's are amazing! And very popular so get your name down quick. The food is the best I had in Portugal, and you sit and eat with everyone. Superb!!!

• 5th Oct 2015

The best hostel I have been! Best hostel have been :) lovely staff, nice dinner , good location, clear room.

• China

Home Lisbon was very comfortable and friendly. The staff are wonderful and the guests (at least while I was there) were social and respectful. There's a mix of ages too, which can be nice. And of course, the dinner was great too. Highly recommend!

I stayed at the Home for 6 nights and had a wonderful time. The facilities were spotless and the lounge/bar areas were great to socialise and meet with fellow travellers. Location was excellent too. Can't fault it really. Tip: Request a bottom bunk before arriving as you get a curtain for extra privacy. Also try the dinner cooked by Mama. It's a great way to meet people and if you're tired from sightseeing all day.

• 4th Oct 2015

The best hostel in the world. Its so clean and the staff is great. Mika is excellent.