Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

It was absolutely lovely hostel! Very kind staff, nice rooms nad bathrooms and "Mama" and her dinners are fabulous:). I would recommend it to everyone staying in Lisbon. It's probably the best hostel I have even visited. Thank you guys!

Certainly one of the top hostels. Nice breakfast and dinner prepared by Mama! (though 10euro for dinner is a bit pricey) They even gave us X-mas present! Location, atmosphere, facilities are the highlights of this place. I don't know why you would go any other hostel...

First class. Best hostel Ive ever stayed at.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Best hostel i've ever stayed! The staff is super nice, the beds are very good, the bathrooms were aways clean, the locker is huge and there is this amazing lady we call "mamma", that is actually the mother of the owner of the hostel, that cooks for the guests every night!

Is there a better hostel in the world? I really don't think so! Everything is amazing! The Mama's Dinner is a must and the staff is one of the most friendly I've ever seen! Congratulations for your work!

The best and mostly lovely hostel I have ever been to. Great way to get to know new people from all over the world. The staff is super friendly and doesn't say no to go to a bar after their shift. Plus: Mamma makes the most delicious Portuguese food you can find in Lisbon. She even prepared veggie dinner just for me!

Super clean, rooms comfy and spacious, dinner good - a really nice (if over-hyped) hostel overall!

I assume you are reading this because you have not been convinced by the other raving reviews, the photos or the fact that Home Lisbon Hostel was voted 2013 and 2014 1st Worldwide Medium Hostel. Having backpacked extensively throughout Europe, I can assure you this hostel wins many MANY awards for a good reason. It is impeccably clean, has an infectiously fun atmosphere and the food is very scrumptious. If you are tossing up with any other hostel, book this one - you will not be disappointed.

Best hostel ever! Everything here is perfect!

I just wish I could have stayed longer! It is such a wonderful place, no complaints. This is the only place I'll stay in Lisboa!

If I could put 200 for the atmosphere, I definitely would. Thank you guys for the outstanding job, care and the way you unite strangers into a big loving family. I'll be missing it wherever I go. Huge hugs!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The atmosphere is incredible, you make so many friends. Mama's dinner is AMAZING, not to mention she is amazing. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful. Everything about this hostel just goes above and beyond. Truly the best value for your money. (Plus, the showers and bathrooms are completely spotless and clean. Which is the greatest relief)

• 17th Dec 2014

Fantastic! Definitely lives up to its name. Felt so at home while visiting Lisbon. Mama's dinners were fantastic and there was an incredible atmosphere, great for meeting fellow travelers. Also incredibly clean and well organized. 2 thumbs up!

• 15th Dec 2014

The staff really do make you feel like you're at home. Everyone from Mama to the guys at the bar do a great job making you feel welcome even if you're traveling alone. The whole place was super clean as well. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to other travelers. This was the best overall hostel experience I've ever had.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at

• 14th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

The best hostel I've stayed at. It's beautiful and comfy. It's also located in a really convenient area, right in between all the attractions so that's a plus. The best part of the hostel is the staff--they were all super nice and helpful, and Mama is the sweetest lady! Definitely sign up for Mama's Dinner! So delicious.

Good staff, Nice location, Clean beds, Various entertainments!

That's definitely the best hostel i've ever been so far. I really didn't wanna leave, and this "problem" also happened to other people that i met there. I totally recommend this place. It's clean, secure, well located, the staff is awesomeee and it's a good place to meet nice people. I made good friends during my time there, we went to the dinner and pub crawl organized by the hostel. Mama is amazing!

Best hostel I've ever stayed! The staff was very friendly and the hostel has a great value of money ans is very good and clean. I'd definitely stay there again!

• 13th Dec 2014

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Very friendly and helpful staff, modern facilities (they even have the room key as a wristband so you don't lose it!), great atmosphere. Mama's dinners are delicious. They run day trips to nearby Sintra, have free walking tours, organised pub crawls, cosy common area, bar/dining room with cheap wine and beer, comfy beds with individual lights and curtains, free breakfast that is more than just toast... A great place to stay, definitely recommend!