Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

It is always a pleasure to stay in Home Hostel Lisboa! I always recommend it to my friends and always stay there when I visit Lisbon.

Hands down the most amazing hostel I've ever stayed in. I see now why there are so many glowing reviews! The atmosphere is pleasantly social - pretty much everyone is open and friendly and interested in meeting new people. The hostel itself was beautiful and super clean, the staff was really nice and attentive, and Mama's dinners were fantastic. They also offer lots of tours and activities, perfect if you're traveling alone. Wish I could've stayed longer. Definitely staying here next time!

The perfect hostel! The staff is very cool, Mamma makes the best food and it's really clean and comfy. The common rooms and the 24hour bar is great also! I already booked my next stay !

So far this is the hostel that I give a perfect rating of 100% and they deserve it. Great location, cool and safe place. The reception is at 2/F and the rooms at 4/F so you don't hear the noise from dining/drinking guests. They have an elevator! I was transferred from one room to another on day 2 but it's no big deal because it's the same 4-bed bedroom and the staff offered me a free drink (which I didn't take) to compensate for the inconvenience. Love the hostel--it's a home away from home! :-)

Very enjoyable time spent at Home Hostel Lisbon. Great atmosphere, genuine people & divine Mama's cooking! Found my new Lisbon HQ.

wonderful place with unbeatable atmosphere. Think if I stayed longer, would have gotten to know staff better. The dinners fill up early, so sign up quickly if you want to experience. A very social hostel, so can get a bit loud, particularly as people filter back from the pub crawls.

• 7th Apr 2015

Incredible in everyway. Would definitely stay there again.

such an amazing place, i wish i was still there! great atmosphere and lovely staff, thanks for everything!

Nice clean hostel with lockable storage under the beds. Walking tours in the morning and pub crawls in the evening very conveniently leave right from the hostel. I would definitely recommend taking the bus tour organized by the hostel to Sintra. You will get to see some great viewpoints over the coast and the van can save you some walking to the castles on the hill. I loved my stay and will return if I visit Lisbon again.

I really enjoyed this hostel. Everything was very good. I didn't have any problem during my stay. I do recomend it.

Home hostel is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in!! The staff were so friendly and helpful the whole duration of our stay, and the location is fantastic – so central! I will definitely be recommending this place to anyone travelling to Lisbon.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I loved Mamma's dinners, and there was such a great sense of camaraderie between the staff and the guests. I spent Easter there, and it really felt like a home. I was very comfortable. My friends and I were able to make dinner in the kitchen a couple nights, which was very convenient. All in all, this is a great place, and I wish every hostel I stayed in was like this one.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I was genuinely sad to leave Home Hostel. I've stayed in some great hostels over the past couple years, but nothing even comes close to the experience at Home. "Home" is the only name that accurately describes how your treated by the staff, and of course by Mamma's cooking. Please do yourself a favour and stop looking at other hostels in Lisbon. If you don't stay here, you are absolutely making a mistake. A big thank you to the staff! I can't wait to have some beers with you guys again :)

This hostel was as great as the reviews say. Amazing!

Staff made me feel like at home. Or even better because I just divorved...and anywhere is better than my ex's .house. so see you soon and thanks

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Amazing time at Home Lisbon Hostel! Seriously the nicest staff I've ever had a hostel. Try Mama's dinners, they're delicious. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone going to Lisbon.

My friend and I had an absolutely wonderful stay! Loved the fact that staff helped accommodate us in every way possible. My booking was made in 3 parts and reception staff switched things around to ensure I was able to stay in the same room/bed and didn't have to change and my friend was still allowed to join dinner and tours even though she had changed hostel for the last night(fully booked). The trip to Sintra with Francisco was fantastic! Really couldn't have asked for more from a hostel! 💗

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Scotland

We spent three nights in this hostel and it was awesome! It's really like if you were at home. The people are great, helpful and I can really recommend their walking tours (we did ours with Rita - she is great btw) and you should really really book their tour to Sintra. You'll love it! :) Further it's the cleanest hostel I've ever been to! It's just amazing :)

• 31st Mar 2015

It is an amazing hostel. Facilities are great. Family dinners are great. Common areas are great. Staff is great. It's hard to imagine the person that wouldn't love this place. Best hostel ever. "Yes!" Hostel is a good alternative if you want more of a party hostel, though.

Deborah I love you. PS: sorry for taking the locker, I didn't notice I had it on me! :( You guys rock, I loved staying at your hostel!!

• 30th Mar 2015