Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

We loved our stay! The staff was friendly and very helpful. Fun! Great value beer and wine at the bar! Walking distance to everything we wanted to see. Would definitely stay here again.

• 21st Jun 2014

Second time here, this time with friends for a bachelor party and they weren't disappointed!!! The staff is always nice, Mama still cooks like a chef for 50 people and the place itself is just amazing...comfy bed, big lockers, hightech kitchen, big TV with hundreds of DVDs for rainy days, iPads, books, a really cheap bar, and all right in the center of the city at a walking distance of everything...what else can you ask for when going to a hostel?! I will definitely see their faces again

amazing! can't hope for a place more welcoming with such a good atmosphere

• 20th Jun 2014

A great hostel, I came here the previous year and knew I wanted to come back. It's the sort of place where you just feel welcome and comfortable. The rooms are a good size, there facilities have everything you need and the are plenty of places to socialize and chill out. There is he option for an evening meal with the hosts and I highly recomend it, the food is traditional Portuguese dishes.

• 20th Jun 2014

Amazing hostel! One of a kind. I felt at home in this hostel. Facilities were amazing. It is also a fair-trade hostel. I don't think they advertise that here. Anyway, book this without hesitation! Best for solo travellers. You meet a lot of people here. It is about 15-20 minute walk to V&A Waterfront (which is probably the most touristic area in Cape Town) but you can take a $5 cab ride from the hostel - which is recommended especially at night. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly.

Home already has dozens of excellent reviews and now I understand why. This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff is incredible! Everyone is always smiling and willing to help. The food is phenomenal. The decor of the hostel is beautiful. I don´t have a single complaint about Home. I will certainly be back there one day. It is a one of kind place and I am so happy I had the opportunity to stay there and meet the Home ´family´. Thanks to everyone for their hospitality!

Mama makes the best food in Portugal. Shout out to Tiago and his pub crawls they made the nights fun and exciting.

• 19th Jun 2014

A really great hostel, loved it!

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

I have stayed at about 25 hostels and this is the best one I have ever stayed at. The mom's dinner is a must, the rooms are extremely clean, but its the atmosphere, location and price that make it truly an excellent hostel. Book now.

I can not praise the staff of Home Lisbon Hostel highly enough. I am missing them already; they were brilliant ! Their welcome, their friendliness, their attention to detail, and their all-round hospitality are second to none. The hostel is well located, very homely and spotlessly clean. I must also mention the wonderful Mama and her delicious dinners. Without doubt, Home Lisbon Hostel is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. A huge thank you!

• 17th Jun 2014

Great hostel located in the centre of town. Really welcoming staff and the daily home cooked dinners for 10 EUR are delicious - the whole hostel sits down for a 3 course meal together each night. Also there is a decent free breakfast with scrambled eggs. Would stay again.

Great atmosphere and staff. Mama's dinners are amazing! One thing - towel is not for free (2 €)

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Easily our favourite hostel so far. Great facilities & security. Friendly staff. Mamma's dinner was delicious and good value/atmosphere. Little touches like offering free welcome drinks, snacks for World Cup games, and staff genuinely taking the time to chat with guest and help them out however they could, made this place number one for us.

• 16th Jun 2014

This hostel couldn't be any better, they have thought of everything! Awesome atmosphere for solo travellers to meet new people, really does feel like home.

We have been traveling across Europe for the past two months, and Home Lisbon has simply been the best Hostel we have visited. The location, staff, and environment made our stay so enjoyable. The hostel is very clean as well. We would highly highly recommend Home Lisbon to anyone wanting to visit Lisboa.

Without a doubt the best hostel I've stayed in (so far..). Great brekky, loveliest staff, perfect location, great rooms (bottom bunks even have a little privacy curtain), and of course Mama's dinner is something particularly special.

Incredible staff. Eventhough people were coming and going every day, it felt like there was a strong community thanks to Mammas dinners and the staff.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Japan

I can't say enough good things about Home. The staff, the dinner, the atmosphere..it's really easy to meet people here, and I'll never forget my stay here!

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of service and the courteousness of the staff there. I had arrived quite early in the morning and I was treated very well by everyone there. The facilities are extremely clean (and the cleaners are great people). The quality of cooking, the facilities and overall atmosphere make the place feel like a home away from home. I would recommend it 110% and when I'm back in Lisbon, I'll be using their hostel again.

Family dinner was great! Fabulous food for a fabulous price. Everything was very clean and the staff were friendly.