Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Staff was great and Mama and her food's were awesome! I you need place in Lisbon, this is the place. Book early because there usually aren't many beds available.

Second time Ive been staying in this hostel. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The dinner is delicious. Its definately not been the last time Ive been there.

• 3rd Oct 2015

I enjoyed it so much I stayed there every time I returned to Lisbon!

Great staff, location, and atmosphere. I like coffee and tea is offered free of charge through the day. Love everything of this hoste. One of the best.

This was the first hostel I stayed at and it set the bar way to high!!! Can't say enough good things about this place from mamas dinner, to the clean washrooms and tidy rooms. Lots of great features and in a great location. Would definitely return here and recommend it without hesitation.

My best four nights in a hostel , the best Staff , the best walking tour with Gonzalo and public crawl , good breakfast , great the mama dinner , they really make yoyou feel at HOME , I will be back

• 1st Oct 2015

My first hostel and easily one of the best hostels I've ever been to! The staff were absolutely amazing and the atmosphere was like no other! The bar and the lounge room are a great idea! The location was great as it was close to everything you would possibly need! Comfortable rooms and clean facilities! The free breakfast and a 10 euro dinner for a full-course meal were wonderful! Best part was having a lady named "mama" cook dinner and having her toast with us every night! Amazing job guys! =D

Amazing hostel! Super friendly staff, good atmosphere. Mamas dinners are awesome and a great way to meet people and make friends. The hostel was super clean and the common room was cozy. I was a little sick while I was there so I stayed in a few nights and it was still a great vibe. Would highly recommend.

This is an absolutely perfect hostel, thank you!

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Switzerland

I can definitely see why this hostel has such great ratings. Everything about it was fantastic, I felt really welcome from the first moment I arrived, all the facilities were great and they had proper bunk beds! The room rate was very reasonable for what you get and it's easy to get around Lisbon thanks to its location.

This place is the greatest! I had been travelling for 3 months and this was my last stop and I'm so happy that it was. Honestly the best hostel I have stayed at. Like the rest of the comments will tell you Mamma's dinner is the best deal especially with as much as you can drink (beer, or white/red wine). Mamma is the best and you can't help but view her as a motherly figure. This place also provides an excellent environment for meeting people.

An absolutely amazing hostel, and by far one of the nicest I have ever stayed in! Not only do the beds have curtains (ALWAYS a major plus), but the atmosphere is great, mommas cooking is on point and the staff was super nice and went out of their way to help me. Super easy to meet people as a solo traveller as well. I would highly recommend staying here!

Not a single negative comment for this hostel. Beautiful (and cheap) bar area, the beds are comfy (the bottom beds have curtains!) and the bathrooms are clean! As a lot of reviews mention, the dinner is absolutely amazing and a must-try if you're staying in this hostel! Also, their free breakfast is great!

Hi, This hostel was really amazing. Everything was clean, there was always somone at the reception. The breakfast was good and the price is the best. If i travel to lisbon again i will sure book Home Hostel again!!

Really one of the best hostels that I ever stayed. The staff are perfect, I can still remember that Deborah gave me lots of help, and others staff also really great, sorry that I forget their names. Anyway, I'll definitely come back here one day. 100% recommended to you!

Home Lisbon hostel was the best hostel i have ever been to. Really enjoyed my time there

• 27th Sep 2015

The hostel staff is super friendly and the hostel itself is very comfortable and clean. I particularly enjoyed Mama's dinners. She is an interesting lady and she definitely is what makes this hostel very special. It is not the quietest hostel I have stayed in during my trip in Portugal. However, it is pleasant and enjoyable. You will get to meet a lot of people during your stay since it is not a small hostel.

Simply the best hostel I have stayed at throughout my trip. I will definitely come back soon to this beautiful city, for mamma's dinner as well as the good wine there!

• 26th Sep 2015

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The hospitality is outstanding and the beds are comfier than my own bed at home! I never wanted to leave! Mamma's dinner is wonderful, I wish I hadn't forgotten to purchase Mamma's cook book. Next time I will! Next time I am in Lisbon I will definitely stay here again. A great atmosphere!

Guys, thank you for all! You impressed with your atmosphere and with your attitude to your work! This is not a Hostel with soul, you are the Hostel with many Souls! It's more important as for me! Thank you for perfect example! :) Wish you all the best!:) Щиро дякую! :)

• 25th Sep 2015