Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Awesome place, awesome people, and had a great time! Loved it very much and it definitely gave you the homey feeling being such far away from home. Friendly staff and very helpful. Definitely will come back and stay here. The walking tour was awesome and very helpful to see the city through a local perspective. The Sintra tour was also a great experience and Joel was a wonderful tour guide as well. The atmosphere was great with the entertainment room and also the bar and dinning table. Wonderful

A great place to stay. Very reasonable price, great location, and helpful staff. It's cute how "momma" cooks every night for the hostel and how much everyone loves her. It adds a fun vibe to the hostel having her around during dinner. The hostel organized a trip to Sintra, as well as a free walking tour, both of which were really good and very helpful as a solo traveler.

Perfect, perfect, perfect! Nothing to complain about! excellent environment, excellent staff! recommend to try the mama's dinner at night! 10 Euro for everything! wine included! loved i guys! loved it, mama!

My friends and I all agree that this is BY FAR the best hostel we have ever stayed at. The staff is awesome and Mamas dinners are AMAZING. Perfect atmosphere all around and couldn't ask for a better location. We will definitely be back!

• 12th Nov 2014

The standard of hostels in Portugal is amazing. Home Lisbon Hostel is not only one of the best hostels in Portugal, it is one of the nicest I have ever stayed in! There are a great selection of activities to join in on. The dinner especially was a great way to meet other people. The one down side of this great hostel, was that guests felt so at home, it was hard to convince others to venture out of the hostel!

Best hostel ever. Mama's food is AWESOME! If i'm coming to Lisbon again, for sure I will stay at Home Hostel. Cheers

Home Lisbon Hostel was hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The facilities were fantastic, the staff was so friendly and helpful, it was clean, in a great location, the atmosphere was so warm and inviting, PLUS...super comfy beds! They organise great walking tours and a lovely tour to Sintra, and Cabo da Roca, which really blew me away. I really didn't want to leave Lisbon!

• 10th Nov 2014

This is the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff are amazingly helpful and friendly and mama is incredible, just like her cooking. Staying here was the best decision I ever made.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

Best Hostel I have ever stayed at

Best hostel ever!

The best hostel I have ever stayed in all over Europe. Such a welcoming environment, awesome home cooked meals from Mama, great tours and pub crawls. Amazing rooms too.

The location is perfect! Right in the city center close to all the must see places! I could actually walk everywhere.The hostel is very clean it is one of the cleanest hostel I ever stayed in Europe! No bad surprises when going to the toilet/shower, very modern equipments/no issue with hot water and NO BED BUGS!! The breakfast is included and I was quite surprised with the wide choice + everything was fresh. Best quality price value hostel no wonder why it won the best hostel in the world award!

There isn't enough characters allowed to express how much I loved this place. I wanted to stay longer in Lisbon not because of the city but because of this place. Mamma's dinners are absolutely delicious and many stay in and eat as a family. When you have a great environment like that people tend to be nicer and approachable so even the travelers were great. I miss this place and I hope I can come back again. Mamma is the best!

Home Lisbon was simply the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Mamma, thank you very much for all you did to make my Lisbon experience incredible and unforgettable! I really appreciated it!

Amazing hostel! I loved every second of my visit to Home Hostel and I hope to return soon!

• 7th Nov 2014

Everything was perfect, you deserve 100%

If you are deciding on a hostel to stay in Lisbon, this is it. It will provide you with the most warm and homely experience that you won't want to leave it. This is largely owed to the awesome and friendly Mama who prepares her homemade dinner every night for her guests at 8.30 pm for 10 euros. Her renowned and delicious 'Mama's dinner' comes with soup, bread, mains and dessert.

Really enjoy my stay there. Great atmosphere and lovely staff!