Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Well located. Very helpful and welcoming staff. Always ready to help you. If You have a question you'll get an answer.

WOW. It is simply the best and it really makes you feel at home!

• 28th May 2015

Great Hostel!

The Home Lisbon Hostel is the best hostel I ever stayed at! The staff is so welcoming and helpful, you feel at home right away. You can have dinner for a very good price, the food is really good and you can easily get in touch with other travellers. I had a great time there and I’ll definitely come back again.

Amazing experience. Home is one of the best hostels ever ed at. The staff is very friendly and willing Oo Help you with er is needed. They offer organised day trips for a low cost and Mama's dinner - which you cant miss! The facilities were always clean ans the rooms well furnished. The atmosphere is warm, welcoming and friendly! Will go back next time I'm in LisbonLisbon and tell all my friends! Thankks home hostel!

This is by far the best hostel I have ever been too. I highly recommend anyone travelling through to Lisbon to stay here. It's very welcoming and safe. I am a female solo traveller and have felt very comfortable in this hostel. High Five to everyone who works here. They deserve the utmost respect! Especially Mommas dinners! WOW!!! Cheers to Home Lisbon Hostel

I had wished that lockers in the rooms had better locks on them. I had an digital lock on mine that didnt seem to work at all and my roommate hadnt any at all. Thank you, Namaste.

• 27th May 2015
  • Finland

This is possibly the best hostel I have ever been to. It is very well looked after, the staff are incredible and create a family like atmosphere which is wonderful being a solo traveller and the general vibe and crowd that stayed here was second to none!

I came here last year and new I would be back. Still the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff truly make you feel welcome and the dinners are an excellent place for solo travellers to meet one another.

• 26th May 2015

Home was by far the best Hostel I have ever stayed at! The staff make you feel very comfortable and are so helpful. The atmosphere is so friendly and it is very easy to meet people. Staying at Home really made my experience in Lisbon and I would love to come back just to stay at the hostel again!

• 26th May 2015

Please use the air conditioner during dinner time. Or at least properly ventilate. That was my ONLY concern. Everything else was perfect about this place. Quite the catch.

Best hostel I've ever been! The atmosphere is so friendly, the staff is helping out with everything! Their English is very good, too. Mamma's dinner was fantastic, very tasty and so good value for the money! They also organise tours to the beach and to Sintra which were very nice as well. Our dorm was air conditioned, we had our own lockers in the rooms and also a curtain in front of every bed.

• 25th May 2015

It is an excellent place, you feel at home and the staff is very kind.

Can't find fault. It was a lovely hostel. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. Had a lovely time there.

• 25th May 2015

From several years of travelling and backpackers, this has to be on the best hostels i've visited. Facilities, security, atmosphere, location, value for money are all unparalleled in other european cities. The beds have curtains, power points, and lights. The mother of the owner prepares a three-course portugese meal with unlimited wine/beer for ten euros. Walking tours and bus trips to the beach exist from the hostel. I will stay here again without question.

Great hostel! It's easy to find, walking distance to things you need and offers lots of events! I didn't do mamas dinner or the pub crawl but heard great things about them. The washrooms and showers are incredibly clean. I loved having drawers under our beds that locked because it made it so easy to lock up your valuables. Every hostel should have that! The staff were incredibly friendly and can help you with anything! They give perfect directions. Thanks for a perfect stay!

Amazing hostel in an amazing city!

I loved my stay at Home Hostel! I would highly, HIGHLY recommend staying if you ever get the opportunity, and of course, sign up for Mama's delicious dinners! Perfect, perfect hostel, congrats

This was my first time staying at a hostel and the experience was amazing! The staff was very helpful and the hostel's location is amazing. It was all around perfect.

• 23rd May 2015

This was the second time I visited Lisbon and I had to return to this hostel. Staff, location, rooms, atmosphere are all great BUT the best thing of this hostel is Mama's Dinner, it's delicious. Mama prepares a dinner every day, sometimes for 40 people! She will serve you a 3 course meal for only 10 euros, it's a steal!