Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

I am glad I booked Home Lisbon Hostel because it was ranked as No.1 hostel in Europe. Home Lisbon hostel located at the CBD of Lisbon where easily to access to public transport especially Metro just right opposite the street. Hostel and room was very clean and bed just so comfortable. Of course staff was very friendly and they will guide & share where you can visit. I like to join mama's dinner, you can enjoy the delicious Portuguese home cooked dishes from Mama.

• 23rd Apr 2015

It was my first visit to Portugal and I had a fantastic stay at HLH !! The ambiance was amazing! A true melting of youth from all corners of the world. I cherish the people I met and the experiences we shared in Lisbon! The dinner was another splendid opportunity to interact with fellow travelers over some delicious food prepared by the mamma! I highly recommend the walking tours and pub crawls! The guides are super friendly and cool. Last but not the least the staff were very cordial !!

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • India

It is a great hostel, i stayed five nights, i did not have one complain, it was excellent specially the dinners.

Home Lisbon Hostel is nothing short of magical. Rooms are good - lower bunks have curtains. Showers are nice quality and clean. Location is prime. But what really sells this place are the people and the vibe. Mamma and her dinners are sublime. Great environment if you're traveling alone - feels like home with lots of love but also great community vibe to meet people. Hostel hosted tours of the city and Sintra are a must. Beware: This place will ruin all other hostels for you! PS: xoxo to Mamma!

Hands down the best hostel I've stayed in. Dinners are really good and the sangria is UNREAL. Everyone is so friendly and it's really easy to meet other people. The Sintra day trip was perfect, the showers were amazing, etc. Cannot recommend this place enough.

It is nearly impossible to write a proper review for this hostel. It is an experience you'd have to see to believe. From the friendly and helpful staff, to mama's home cooked meals, Home Lisbon Hostel has it all figured out. It is also perfectly located which makes it so easy to get around the city. And for the directionally handicapped, the hostel offers tours and other activities everyday to keep you busy and in good company. If I ever make it back to Lisbon, I know where I'm staying again.

• 21st Apr 2015

Very well run hostel. Good for young sociable people, especially with the Mama's dinner (includes free booze) and pub crawl. Less good if you want a quiet night with a spouse. Strange layout in a block of flats, with reception on 2nd floor & rooms on 4th. Very good location in city centre. Staff friendly.

Hands down the best Hostel I've stayed at. Unbelievably friendly people, and Mamas' dinners help you make friends, and try real home cooked Portuguese food. If I ever go back I will definitely stay again.

• 20th Apr 2015

This hostel has raised my expectations for any other hostel. I have never stayed in a hostel with such a great atmosphere. There are always people hanging out in the common areas and everyone comes together for mama's dinners. I met quite a few great people during my 3 day stay and would recommend this hostel for anyone also hoping to meet fellow travelers.

Breakfast is great and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

Fantastic hostel, great atmosphere and Mama's food is tasty!!

This place is actually brilliant. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, anywhere, period. Staff are insanely good at what they do, friendly.. the social dinners are perfect. It's modern, clean, well located. Stay here.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at, I would recommend to everyone!

• 19th Apr 2015

Best hostel I've stayed in. Friendliest and most helpful staff, mamma's amazing dinners every night and a real home feel to come back to after exploring Lisbon during the day.

Very nice place with excellent breakfast but most importantly the wonderful staff, they helped me with everything and in a very friendly way. Special thanks to the girl who made a phone call for me to a local bus company and helped me with getting all the information I needed! Highly recommend it to everyone!!!

Overall no bad comment for the hostel. Very good stay for the three nights. Nice tour to sintra ! And love the mama's cooking very much. Hope the hostel can keep on this good quality services for travellers!

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

In an old building with renovation, but still with the smell. Should do vacuum everyday in the room, there's dust . Bed will shake while people clim up to upper bed. Breakfast is very good, staff is very helpful...

Stayed here before, and will definitely stay again... :)

Impeccably clean, friendly staff, awesome location, they could definitely charge more than $20 a night for what they give you

• 17th Apr 2015