Home Lisbon Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 13, 2E, Lisbon, Portugal

Amazing! Beds were cozy, soft, and the design gave dorm beds privacy. Comforters were greatly appreciated. Showers were great, staff was really wonderful- courteous, friendly, and helpful. Common areas and bar were great for meeting people, hostel was beautiful & excellent value. Home cooked meal was wonderful, also great value, and key setup was neat, though only 1 key was available for a booking of 2, which limited our autonomy a bit. One of the best if not the best hostel of my trip- thanks!

The hostel was perfectly clean and the staff was really friendly. We didn't know the breakfast was included but it was amazing, especially for that price! The trips and free tours are also great!

Staying here was so amazing! It was such a fantastic hostel- perfect size, great areas to hang in, EXCELLENT location! I wish i could have stayed longer. The staff were brilliant. And mamma is such a gem! On my last night she made me especially a gluten-free vegetarian meal and dessert while everyone else ate what I couldn't- how amazing. Would definitely stay here again!!

This is quite possibly one of the best, if not the best, hostels I've ever stayed in. Everything about the Home Lisbon is amazing and I'd do it all over again. Mama's Dinner is delicious. The people are cool. The facilities are super clean. The location is amazing. The bed itself was super comfortable. Yeah, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Everyone was personable and got to know me, even inquiring about my lost luggage when they saw me.

Wow - this place is great - stay here if you need access to the city life and eat here to taste great food - the staff are A1. Lots of places to hang out in the hostel to relax and it gets lively during the night a great option if you want to get warmed up before hitting the city nightlife. Beds are great and very clean. Keep up the great work. All of the above are reasons they keep on winning awards :)

Best hostel ever. That is all.

I had a great time the staff was friendly and professional. I met great people and had a fantastic time. Can't wait to visit again.

• 5th Jul 2014

I can not rave more about this place! Staff/family incredible!!! So clean, so polished, central location, homey atmosphere, lots to do...I could go on and on. I will always recommend this hostel to Lisbon goers! Thanks Mamma and family for making me feel so welcome 😃👍

We arrived to the hostel at midnight and the staff made us feel like they have waited us the whole day!! we got a welcoming drink as well. Amazing hostel. The best hostel I have ever visited. I recommend!!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Finland

We have been underway for 11 weeks now and Home is hands down the BEST hostel. No complaints!!!!!! Would absolutely stay here again. Mamma's dinners are fantastic. Walking tours are great, beach days amazing. Toilets cleaned 4x daily. Best showers ever. Huge lockers, big beds with private charger/light/shelf/curtain. Staff fantastic. I could go on forever. Just stay here!!!!!

Booked home hostel based on other peoples reviews and weren't disappointed. It honestly is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff are amazing and mamma'a dinner is incredible- make sure have dinner at least one night while you are there!

Stay here. You don't have to keep reading reviews, just book this hostel. The staff are very helpful and friendly, Mama's dinners are amazing, the dorms allow privacy with the curtained beds, the bathroom facilities are clean and adequate. I had zero complaints and can easily say it is the best hostel I've stayed at. I had the best time in Lisbon and I will return!

this place is awesome for a reason. the staff are wonderful and super friendly. the nightly dinner is delicious and a great way for everyone to meet and have a good time.

Not a single bad word to say! Thanks for an awesome time! Can't wait to come back!

Mama's dinners are the things you hear about in travel lore that sound too good to be true, but then when you get here and discover it's actually happening it easily makes you never want to leave. Fantastic hostel, staff, excursions etc. Truly felt like home in Lisbon. Obrigado, gente!

This is the best hostel i've ever been to! The staff is very friendly, The atmosphere is great, you have a lot of facilities, the breakfast is very good,... You should really try the "mamma's dinner"! A great time to meet new people at dinner. They also have a beach trip were they take you to an awesome beach! Nothing else then good words for this hostel! Great one!

They're changing their room key system so they could only give one key per booking, you need a key to get everywhere so its inconvenient. They did give us another key on the 2nd day when we asked again, and staff were very friendly. Great hostel, will be perfect when they sort out their new key system!

So impressed by Home Hostel, I've stayed in hostels all though out Europe and can safely say that this one is by far the best! Staff are genuinely friendly people and will help you with any questions about what to do in Lisbon & the rest of Portugal, and show you how to get there. Rooms are spotless and have air con, massive individual lockers and little shelves with a port for charging electronic devices. Don't miss Mamma's dinner, great for meeting fellow travellers and an amazing 3 courses!

• 27th Jun 2014

THE BEST HOSTEL OF OUR HOLE TRIP IN EUROPE!!! Thank you to all the great staff :)

• 25th Jun 2014

Best hostel. Special thanks to Diana, Andre, and Francisco for a great beach tour. Mamas Dinner is the best deal in town as well.