Home London

7.2
Very Good 1048 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
23rd Jan 2017

I like this place central, clean and cheerful I could stay here for ever, though the bar music gets a little loud on Friday's

• Australia, Female, 18-24
20th Jan 2017
3.7

12bed dorm is TINY and smells like feet. No lockers and no room to put your bag - slept with half my stuff on my bed as there was no where else to put it, doesn't help that majority of the people staying in the dorm live there full time and their stuff is EVERYWHERE. Clothes, socks and towels hung over every surface and across the floor. It seems the people living there have never shared a space with others before. So dirty and not worth the money at all. Never seen a hostel like it, unbelievable

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a feedback, we have a variety of rooms types some of them can feel cosy at times, we are sorry that you you have had an bad experience with other guests we do try to make sure that everyone is mindful and respects each others space and we have a 24hrs reception open to listen to any guests issues that may arise and help in making their stay as comfortable as possible.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
12th Jan 2017
6.6

Really felt like the room was too small for 12 people, I was awoken many times by the sound of people entering the room and trying to find their beds. I arrived on a rainy day so our cramped space was full of wet items, nowhere to hang things up to dry. Seemed like it was mostly older guests staying here in Kings Cross for work (who unfortunately snore a lot). But staff were friendly and the wifi worked well.

• Scotland, Couple, 25-30
11th Jan 2017
6.0

Overall it was a fine place to stay. Excellent location, the rooms were quiet and clean. It had a nice breakfast However, the pictures aren't very accurate. The kitchen was not clean and even though they state there will be a fine for not cleaning your dishes, no one ever did them after breakfast time. There was no quiet common area as music from the bar was too loud. The showers were fine but slightly inconvenient if you want to change discreetly.

We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a feedback, however it is hard to keep an eye in every guest to ensure that they clean after themselves we have housekeepers on site 24hrs ensuring that facilities are clean through out the day on a regular basis. thanks for the review as that help us improve in areas were we may still be lacking.

• Ruby_xoxo
  • Mexico, Female, 31-40
5th Jan 2017

Everything is fine about this place, except they have no heater systems in the rooms, so I was freezing and caught a cold and the rooms are small and overcrowded, you can't even store you things properly. While it is a good value, getting sick was not pleasant and made me rethink about staying here. Unless, of course its in the summer. If they fix these issues the place would rate 100% in my opinion.

Hi Thanks for your feedback, every room does have a heather, we are really sorry to hear that you felt too cold in your room, we are always ready to listen to any issues that our guests may face during their stay here and ready to help in anyway we can, or fix whatever needs to be fixed or find an alternative solution.

• Italy, Male, 18-24
3rd Jan 2017
5.4

I took the 6 bed room: it was so small that the two bunk beds were everything that could fit in there, not even a place to hung you coat. Even worse, the ceiling is not tall enough to place three beds on top of each other, so the lowest one has the (thin) matress right on the floor, and the beds above are so close that I couldn't even sit on it. Overall, it's ook if you're only staying from late in the night to early in the following morning, for everything else you should look elsewhere

24th Dec 2016
5.7

I am very concerned about the fire safety. Our exit leads through the kitchen which is locked in the morning. The stairs and passages are so tiny compared to the large number of guests. The hostel informed me that they have two separate fire exits (I have no idea where they are) and that the escape route is written on each room door (I didn't notice it, but these routes will be blocked by all the people in an emergency). If you agree, report it on: http://www.london-fire.gov.uk/ContactUs.asp

16th Dec 2016
7.4

Cheap and good location + breakfast. However, the 12 room dorm was awfully setup -- not much vertical room since three beds were stacked up vertically to save space. In addition, the food that I left in the fridge disappeared overnight so bringing your own food is not that safe there....

• Australia, Male, 25-30
13th Dec 2016
5.4

We booked a mixed dorm and it was unclear if that was the case. It was very much in a male section of the building. They didn't have any enough towels to rent & were reluctant to the point of not washing new ones for us to use. The suggested option was to get tea towels from the kitchen. God knows if they've now gone back into the dishwashing rotation. Worth adding, the place did give off somewhat of a half way house charm.. :/

• England, Male, 25-30