7.6
Very Good 967 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 967 Total Reviews
Home London Located at 54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross, London.
England
London N1 9DP 54-58 Caledonian Road, Kings Cross
76% 967
51.5323482 -0.1199913
    Rooms available

• Hong Kong, Male, 18-24
24th Sep 2016
5.7

The bed is hard to climb in. Space is little compared to other hostels with similar prices. Shower is cold. Some staff are very friendly while others always give you a bitter face.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
22nd Sep 2016
7.4

Pros: the best staff (nice and helpful, all of them); good breakfast (toast, jams, butter, cereals, pancakes); location (it's really close to King's Cross); individual plugs by the beds; clean enough. Cons: rooms are extremely cramped, no space to put luggage or move around; 3-beds-bunks you can't sit up in; uncomfortable mattress; you have to pay if you need a locker (what I think is just wrong since it's a hostel, it should ALWAYS have lockers); smoking area near room windows.

• China, Female, 18-24
15th Sep 2016

I think the room overall is great. I have lived in a 6-beds and 9-beds female room. Both them are great. The security is good. Both The front door and the rooms need the card to be opened. Breadfast is simple but ok.And it just located a approx. 5-minute walk from the king cross station. Staff are friendly and helpful. But you have to pay for the locker if you need to. And 2 pounds fpr the luggage each when you check out.

14th Sep 2016
3.7

The worst experience of my life please people spend your money somewhere else. One member of staff Tess very rude...

• USA, Male, 18-24
12th Sep 2016

It was my first time traveling out of the US, and I had a really good experience at this hostel. Super friendly staff, I asked for help often, and they were always very courteous and understanding.

• Andrewharks
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
11th Sep 2016
8.0

Close to st pancras and kings cross station. Old building a little mildewy and hot rooms. Neat design. 3rd bunk up a little sketchy to climb. Pancakes are not actually included in free breakfast but a great way to lure us Canadians. Bathrooms are good, showers are push button showers but not bad. Not much of an atmosphere, nowhere to really hang out nor did anyone seem interested. Free wifi is not bad. Staff were friendly and helpful. Overall good value for money. Would probably stay again!

10th Sep 2016
6.9

Cons: 3-bed-bunks you can't sit up in, very cramped, lots of narrow stairs, some long-term guests and middle-aged people. No room to get into bags or dress or anything but lie down. Messy but not dirty. Pros: good breakfast (cereals, toast and spreads, can make pancakes), friendly staff and close to trains. Cat (not cuddly). Lots of bathrooms. Individual curtains and plugs. If you only need a bed and don't have big bags or need much space then it's OK, but pay a bit more for better if possible.

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
9th Sep 2016
8.0

It was very good to stay over there.Nice place center of London and affordable.

• Turkey, Male, 25-30
8th Sep 2016
8.0

It is a nice hostel, but after my stay, I tried to extend it for one week in reception. I told the receptionist the price I saw in Hostelworld to check that prices are the same, which he confirmed. After I paid, I realised that in total, I paid much more than the amount which Hostelworld shows. Then I went to the reception again to reclaim my money and he said that he will look for what is wrong. Next day he said that this is the price they set at that time. So, I paid £30 extra.

8th Sep 2016
4.9

Maybe it's just me personally, but I didn't enjoy my stay here and I couldn't wait to leave. It served its purpose as a place to sleep, but the room I got was definitely nothing like the ones in the pictures. It was practically a closet in the basement. Everyone I stayed with found it disappointing. Took a cold shower every day in a bathroom I felt dirty just being in. Kitchen and common areas werent bad. Staff were all great which is why I hate giving it this rating! Sorry guys.