Home Made Hostel Reviews

Teréz krt. 22. 1/7 (Oktogon), Budapest, Hungary

Perfect location to explore Budapest, fantastic setting, very friendly and helpful staff. We had a wonderful time there, would highly recommend it.

• 20th Jul 2014

awesome hostel with perfect everything, staff are very helpful and sociable; it's got a ruin bar atmosphere, very relaxing place with fantastic perculator coffee and herbal loose tea; dorm room is clean and separated, no bunk beds!!! would recommend to anyone who's coming to Budapest.

Very cozy hostel that made you feel at home right away. The staff were very friendly.

Nice hostel, in a good central location. It's a little on the quiet side so if you're looking to go out/ party with friends this isn't the best place. The facilities are good and the staff were helpful. We had a comfortable stay here, just would have preferred a bit more atmosphere.

everything is perfect!! this is the best hostel I've ever stayed at!!

Awesome hostel, the staff was so helpful and friendly. There was a VERY loud snorer in my room that kept me from sleeping but obviously not the hostels fault. It's in a beautiful old building right by a tram station, the metro, and one of the main walkways.

We were very disappointed with this hotel. It is not at all what it looks like on the pictures. It was dirty in the room. There was dry food on the dishes. We had a loft on the top but were told not to go as the floor was not secure. It's located in a shady spots. Lots of drunk people around the neighbourhood. Lots of noise from the big street. The staff asks us 5000 huf for key deposit and the next day when we left they were saying they only asked 4000huf. We had to argue a lot to get our 5000.

• 27th Jun 2014

I don't think you can blame the hostel for the noise from the street and a lot of drunk people in the street. The hostel has a central location where there are a lot of young people having fun. I think you should consider choosing accomodation in suburbs next time so you can enjoy the silence. As for the loft: nobody said it is dangerous - we use it for storing that is the reason. As for the deposit: our records show you actually paid 4,000 HUF (12 euros) but you insisted you paid 5,000 HUF.

Best hostel I've stayed in! Very friendly and helpful staff and great atmosphere

It was just ok ... We had very little stuff in the kichen (basic basic: like 3 different glasses ...), low light in the dining area/kitchen, only one the 3 lights above the bed was working, ... But the (old) room was clean and we slept well so ... Basic, but we've had better hostels for the same price.

Already the building is really nice. The hostel itself is perfect as well: Not too big, great stuff, beautiful rooms and a well equiped kitchen. Definetly to recommend.

This a lovely budget place to stay in Budapest. It feels there like home, especially in the evening when everybody gathers in the kitchen or lobby. Great central location, very helpful and friendly staff and clean bathrooms. WiFi was a little jumping up and down during my stay, but they said it was a temporary problem. Overall, one of the nicest hostels, I have ever stayed in Europe so far. Well recommended.

Nice, cozy, and quiet. Friendly staff. Easygoing.

• 17th Jun 2014

Good for getting to know people. Homey.

Unfortunately my stay at home made was unsatisfying. I arrived late and had to walk into a dark unlit area and up stairs.Then to be told I didn't have a bed. They ended up putting on the couch at a discounted price. I was meant to stay 3 nights but only stayed 1. Beds where in open area and kitchen was very uninviting and dirty. Good area

• 12th Jun 2014

1. You cant accuse anyone of using drugs if you cant prove it. This is serious issue. 2. You DID have a bed and you got a discount for the mistake we had made in your booking. 3. "Beds were in an open area" - our beds are in rooms, where else should they be? 4. My manager wanted to settle the issue with you but you quit the place so she was not given a chance to talk about it. Ferenc Marvanykovi, owner

The hostel is so cozy, and the atmosphere was great! The people in it really felt more like roommates than hostel mates. I cannot give enough praise for the people running the place. They were so, so helpful and the friendliest people around! I felt very taken care of as a guest.

• 10th Jun 2014

Wonderful hostel--small enough to be social, but has plenty of personal and locker space. Staff are friendly and helpful!!

We had a lovely stay at homemade hostel. We stayed in one of the apartments which was spacious, quiet and adorably decorated. This funky charm pervades the hostel atmosphere. The staff was warm and friendly and always available to help.

Nothing bad to say about this hostel. My friend and I had two beds in the mixed dorm. We had beds next to each other and separated from others in the loft of the room. It was a lovely surprise. The staff was excellent (our particular staff member on duty gave us excellent suggestions for meals. ok and he was very attractive) and answered any questions. Hostel was clean, not too loud and had a cool atmosphere. I recommend Homemade Hostel 100%! :-)

Very good! Keep up the good work!

Great hostel! Very cute, quaint and welcoming. Every bed is uniquely decorated and the hostel itself is almost a sight to see on its own. Probably not the best if you're looking to party hard, but they to partake in a pub crawl and there is a small, close-knit community feel :) Only complaint (and this happens at most hostels) is that they didn't have a safe place to store bags for the day after check-out, so I had to leave my backpack on a shelf in the lobby, which always worries me a bit!

« first « Prev 1 2 3