Home Made Hostel Reviews

Teréz krt. 22. 1/7 (Oktogon), Budapest, Hungary

Above average hostel located nicely just outside the inner tourist area with friendly staff and nice rooms.

I really enjoyed my stay at Home Made Hostel - staff were excellent very helpful and friendly. The hostel was quirky and quite low key which I wanted while in Budapest. It was quite a refreshing change from the large modern ( and sometimes loud) hostels. A very homely and welcoming hostel

• 6th Sep 2014

Great Hostel in an old appartment house full of charme and history. I liked it very much, especially because it's a cozy old flat with not to much people staying there and without bunkbeds! Very nice staff that's eager to help and ... basically it felt more like a big flat-sharing community than a hostel, so very familiar and personal. Facilities are clean, rooms are huge and full of charme. I found the hostel's location quite nice - next to night-life, bars and restaurant!

I loved the place. The beds were really comfy, staff knew the city and had good recommendations. Mix of people staying there, which was great. Felt very at home. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Budapest.

Stayed in a double ensuite room which is a separate apartment next door to the hostel. It was perfect for us. It had a little kitchenette too which was great and the room was really spacious. The staff were very friendly and happy to help with any questions we had. Great location, right near the metro and easy walking distance to all the main attractions. Would definitely recommend staying here.

The staff was so helpful and friendly! I would come back in a heartbeat.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Excellent location with great transport links. Friendly and welcoming staff who gave good recommendations of the local area. The hostel has a cool quirky interior with lots of helpful information pinned about on the walls. Rooms and bathrooms are all very clean and well furnished. The communal area is a bit small and definitely on the quieter side. However I think this was partly due to most people in the hostel crashing after Sziget festival...

The hostel was friendly and very comfortable. Its arrangement makes a refreshing change from most hostels and everything was clean and tidy. The homely atmosphere was just right and I really enjoyed the cooking lesson while I stayed there!

• 17th Aug 2014

We rented the private double room here because a 3rd night in our other hostel was impossible. Hostel was a bit hard to find but very nice building, a lot of charm. Its very tiny so you are almost obliged to talk to the other guests when you're in the kitchen or other common rooms, which is not a bad thing. Its more personal, smaller and has a a bit of a hippy vibe. Great kitchen but very small, very good experience :)

Cheers for a great stay..keep up the good work!

Staff really impressed me. Rooms had a good layout. I liked it.

• 10th Aug 2014

This hostel was excellent! It was small, so it felt much more personal. No bunk beds. The staff were very helpful, and the location was within close walking distance of the Jewish Quarter, where many bars (ruin bars) were located. Easy to meet people and enjoy Budapest! The hostel did not allow noise past 22 or 23, so it's best to stay here if you plan on getting sleep or going out. Going out in Budapest was awesome! Highly recommended!

Great hostel, really nice homely atmosphere, good location and friendly staff! Loved the retro / vintage feel when my laundry was left ready for me in an old style suitcase :)

Great facilities (no bunk beds) and location! But I mostly want to commend how great the staff is here. I was supposed to take a midnight bus from Budapest to Prague, but it was cancelled and I was stranded at the bus station at 1am (DO NOT USE ORANGE WAYS)! I called Home Made Hostel to see if they had any rooms, and even though they were all booked up, the staff working the desk called other hostels for me trying to find an open bed for the night. It was so comforting having his help!

Great hostel - has a really nice "homey" feeling to it! Very friendly staff, good location, clean and comfortable rooms - overall would definitely recommend!

I chose to stay at Home Made Hostel because my cousin had stayed there on a previous trip. I am so happy for her recommendation because I loved my stay there! The staff was very friendly, welcoming, and gave great tips on things to see and do in Budapest. The hostel was also very clean. The staff was constantly cleaning the bathrooms and sheets, as well as making sure the kitchen was tidy. HMH felt like an oasis in the middle of a very busy city and I would definitely stay again!

This hostel was one of the best parts of Budapest! Intimate, fun guests, and very well located it made the trip. The staff in particular was awesome. They were all super fun and incredibly helpful. Know what you are getting into though! This hostel isn't for everyone. With only about 20 beds and all found or hand made decorations, the hostel has a very communal-hippie vibe. This is not a place to go if you are looking to rage or want something basic and standard. Not bad, just different.

Great hostel, fun staff, good guests. Happy memories!

The homely atmosphere makes this small hostel a very good one. The living room is an ideal place to meet others. Great place to stay if you visit Budapest.

Perfect location to explore Budapest, fantastic setting, very friendly and helpful staff. We had a wonderful time there, would highly recommend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4