Home Made Hostel Reviews

Teréz krt. 22. 1/7 (Oktogon), Budapest, Hungary

Nice atmosphere, very good stuff and location but poor cleanliness.

I loved my stay here. The staff were so lovely and the place is so cute and well cared for. Great time and I would recommend this place to anyone who just wants to relax after a few nights of partying

Absolutely loved my time here! Had the perfect bohemian vibe with just the right amount of welcome-ness and hospitality I needed for my solo-trip. Definitely coming to Budapest again and definitely staying at Home Made Hostel again!

Helpful, friendly staff, relaxed but social atmosphere- made a lot pf friends, quirky and comfoly decorated rooms. Would recommend people stay here :)

• 19th Aug 2015

All the good trams, buses and metros are right at the front door! Amazing lofted rooms take advantage of the traditional high Hungarian ceilings and the beds are super comfy. Good Wifi throughout. Great kitchen to get to know people in. Perfect for solo travelers and small social groups. Cozy antique Alice in Wonderland feel with furniture on the walls and original flooring and ceilings. Most people try to book for longer because they fall in love with the place. I know I did 😍

Fantastic hostel! Great location, really friendly and helpful staff, a very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. I'll definitely be coming back.

Am amazing place to stay. We had the apartment area and it was outstanding and such good value for money. The beds were OUT OF THIS WORLD - so comfy and perfect to sleep on after a day out of travelling around.

• 18th Aug 2015

The blonde one behind the till is ruthless.

• 16th Aug 2015

Great location. Basic needs catered for. Not much privacy, we had to walk through other guests rooms to get to the toilet and kitchen.

• 9th Aug 2015

Very unique, beautiful hostel. We stayed in the 8 bed mixed dorm and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The hostel is located on a great street too.

Great location and easy to find, very helpful staff, very good not crowded rooms. kitchen looked well supplied although I didn't use it due to it being very cheep to eat out. I loved the building the hostel was situated in very chic with loads of character. I visited in mid summer so it was very hot and although the rooms had fans, keeping the windows open made it very noisy at night but you must expect this in a vibrant city centre location.

Original hostel, nice atmosphere, great location, very discreet, polite and helpful.

it suites needs to have a place to sleep. Bathroom was fairly clean. Otherwise is extremely weird.

Lovely decorated hostel-very homely and staff friendly, bit hard to find on the street but in a great location in the city just further from the train station than we expected :)

• 4th Aug 2015

This is a lovely hostel. The staff are really friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is relaxed. My partner and I had a double room with shared bathroom. The room was cosy. The only issue is that it is right next to the social kitchen so can be loud. In terms of location it is pretty great - we could walk most places we wanted to go and both tram and metro stops are close by. Not the most beautiful street, but the building is old and charming. Budapest is an awesome city. Enjoy.

• 2nd Aug 2015

Good tram/metro connections to major attractions. Very close to the popular ruin pub/club Instant. (The neighborhood is still very quiet). As a solo traveler, I was able to meet many people. But there was a big group from Spain that was very noisy until past midnight. The receptionist (guy) did nothing to quiet them down. The girl at the reception was not very friendly; at times she didn't even respond when I greeted her. Bathrooms and kitchen were crowded and had ok facilities. Nice artsy decor

Great location close to the main bars pubs and eating area. The staff were super helpful when we arrived. Our room was used for drying the hostel's laundry which isn't a problem but staff tend to come at all hours. Other than that, it's a super great place to stay and would recommend!

We stayed in the apartment located next to the hostel. It doesn't have the same sense of security as it would if the private room was inside the hostel. The fridge does not work. It was also very hot and it was only 20 degrees outside. If it were over 30 I think it could be unbearable. They also had dirty towels stuffed in all the drawers in the dresser. Staff were friendly enough but very young and immature. Location is ok but may be better to stay in the Jewish district.

This is my second stay in this adorable hostel - this is definitely place you want to return to every time when in Buidapest. Hostel crew is incredibly friendly and helpful and hostel is so cute and artsy :)

Only negative about my stay was the lack of fans/air conditioning during 38+ weather. Rooms were so hot and stuffy! Wifi occasionally drops out but otherwise a really great place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3