Home Made Hostel Reviews

Teréz krt. 22. 1/7 (Oktogon), Budapest, Hungary

People working there are the best! Very willing to help and good vibe :) they really made me feel at home

Great staff that makes you feel at home instantly. Also very nice decoration.

Outstanding staff, incredibly helpful and cooperative, just remarkable. This place is really homey and centrally located.

I had a really good stay there. It's in a beautiful historical building. The room is clean and the decorations are very artsy. Excellent value for money. Location is good too, very close to the Opera area. People at the front desk are very nice who helped me check out train schedules and ways to get to the airport.

This was a descent homey feeling hostel that grew on me the longer I stayed there. It was very close to the nearest metro station which was convenient, but I didn't particularly care for the area that it was in. It was near a major intersection with restaurants and bars and was still walking distance to the the major tourist sites, but I felt that the Jewish Quarter or inner city had more to offer. The hostel was very quiet, but the lofts are creaky which can be a little distracting at night.

Really a relaxing environment that feels like home. This hostel offers a truly unbeatable location halfway between the river and the Heroes Square. Staff is very friendly. Downside is no breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Definitely recommended!!

This is the best hostel if you're looking for a family style or relaxing stay, definitely not a party hostel, although they also organize cool pub crawls. Great staff, everyone is local, and it's easy to communicate with them in the common room...

Friendly and helpful staff, cool building, private ensuite is a flat, not a room!! Location near main street and nightlife!!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Super friendly and helpful staff. A true little gem. Home from home, but with funkier people and surroundings. Epic stay!

woooo! loved it! really friendly place and very homely :)

Very good location and good value fot money. Nice staff and good atmosphere!

Great location in Oktogon with lots of shops on the street. Metro station only a few minutes away and Nyugati station is not too far away either. Beds were nice, staff were friendly and kind to answer all my questions. The 4 bed dorm room was spacious, free wifi in the rooms and plug outlets for each bed. The outside of the building (beyond the big door) was dark and kind of scary for me (as a young female) at night. But it wasn't a big deal. Overall I would highly recommend.

Excellent staff! Really felt like home. Very good location.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Peru

I stayed at this hostel several times and it is a wonderful hostel. There are no bunk beds and the kitchen is well equipped. Pub crawl is a nice idea to meet other travelers.

Our stay was pleasant: the staff was very helpful and congenial, the beds were very comfortable, location was excellent so we almost didn't have to use public transport.. All in all, we are looking forward to our next stay! :)

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

so cozy, really! staff was very kind location is not bad

I loved this hostel, I felt very comfortable and at home during my entire stay.

• 28th Dec 2014

It is a very stylish hostel with extremely helpful staff. One thing to mention is that this place is actually quite small so if you are looking for a really lively atmosphere, this is not quite the place.

It's the best hostel we've ever stayed! The receptions are very kind, they explained everything we need to know and even they taught us how to speak Hungarian, thank you guys, Chris and Vivien!!! And once Vivien asked me to go back to Budapest once again, we said, why not?

• 26th Dec 2014
  • China

So so lovely!!! Coolest rooms and nicest staff would definitely stay here again!! Walking distance to just about everywhere and right outside the oktogon metro :)

• 19th Dec 2014