Home Made Hostel Reviews

Teréz krt. 22. 1/7 (Oktogon), Budapest, Hungary

Great location. Luggage storage is in the kitchen but the front desk is right next to it. Only takes cash. But bathrooms were very clean. Most attractions were very walkable from the hostel.

Absolutely LOVE Home Made Hostel!! Amazing location!! Very near all the main attractions by metro. And the GORGEOUS interior decorations made my fall in love with this hostel!!

Everything was great!!We stayed on the apartment wich was very big and comfortable!The value for money was more than excellent!

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Greece

I loved my stay at home made hostel. I got in very early in the morning and the staff were great, letting me check in straight away and sleep for a while. The kitchen is good (except the fridge isn't very cold) and one night the staff did a cooking class and fed us afterwards all for free. The staff are laid back and friendly. Its right in the city and very close to public transport. The best thing for me was the atmosphere. The dorms are very nice and it really does feel like home :)

I had a very enjoyable stay, the hostel had great atmosphere and interesting, spacious rooms and a good kitchen.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

One of my favorite hostels around the world, excellent people and always fun crowds. The price is kind of steep for Budapest but worth it.

The staff are lovely, helpful, and always cleaning (even when it does not appear to need it) Laundry can be done in house, great internet!

Best hostel I have stayed at. Great location close to everything. Very friendly staff who always had great ideas and organized activities. The pub crawl led by Zoltan was awesome! And they even offer laundry service! The WiFi worked well and the layout of the place made it very easy to meet other guests. I really can say enough about this place, I would definitely go back.

An average hostel let down by a few things. On arrival we were left outside for well over half an hour trying to buzz in as the receptionist had fallen asleep. Eventually one of the guests had to get up and let us in - pretty terrible considering we had notified them about what time we would be arriving. Also quite often random people who weren't staying in our 4 bed dorm would come in and get changed/sit around and do work - something to consider if concerned about privacy

It was a very chill place. If you dont want to stay at one of the party hostels in the city, than I highly recommend this one.

Cosy hostel in a beautiful buildung, really central located, close to ruin bars and kerts, parts of the staff very friendly and helpful (thanks a lot!), others more busy with themselves, seemed on edge. I would come again!

- the description of how to get to your hostel isn't complete - the directions of the metro lines you have to take are missing (e.g. M1 -> Mexikoi ut)

My best hostel experience in my 3 month trip around Central and Eastern Europe. I keep trying to replicate it but thus far haven't been able to.

Thank you so much for organizing a Baby bed for us.

• 17th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel and friendly staffs!!!

People working there are the best! Very willing to help and good vibe :) they really made me feel at home

Great staff that makes you feel at home instantly. Also very nice decoration.

Outstanding staff, incredibly helpful and cooperative, just remarkable. This place is really homey and centrally located.

I had a really good stay there. It's in a beautiful historical building. The room is clean and the decorations are very artsy. Excellent value for money. Location is good too, very close to the Opera area. People at the front desk are very nice who helped me check out train schedules and ways to get to the airport.

This was a descent homey feeling hostel that grew on me the longer I stayed there. It was very close to the nearest metro station which was convenient, but I didn't particularly care for the area that it was in. It was near a major intersection with restaurants and bars and was still walking distance to the the major tourist sites, but I felt that the Jewish Quarter or inner city had more to offer. The hostel was very quiet, but the lofts are creaky which can be a little distracting at night.