Home Made Hostel Reviews

Teréz krt. 22. 1/7 (Oktogon), Budapest, Hungary

Only negative about my stay was the lack of fans/air conditioning during 38+ weather. Rooms were so hot and stuffy! Wifi occasionally drops out but otherwise a really great place to stay.

warm and lovely

Excellent and clean hostel to stay in. Staff were friendly and was easy meeting people.

Great stay in the hostel! Like everyone says the break from bunk beds was so nice and we met some great people there. It is an ideal place if you want to stay somewhere a bit longer with good kitchen facilities. The location is ideal and you can walk everywhere from the hostel.

Favourite hostel of my trip! Great location, very homey And the loft rooms are really cool.

The hostel was great. REALLY nice that there were no bunks and plenty of space in the rooms. The initial day I got a ton of help from the lady who checked me in. The kitchen could use some work. I'm not blaming the hostel I just think people were expecting the staff to clean up after them. Also, I LOVE old buildings but one fallback is the floors. They are beautiful and everything but loud. I and my roommates would wake up whenever one of us got up for anything.

Great location. Luggage storage is in the kitchen but the front desk is right next to it. Only takes cash. But bathrooms were very clean. Most attractions were very walkable from the hostel.

Despite the fact I arrived before check in time the staff eagerly made my bed for me. Super tiny and cute. Definitely smaller than I was expecting. Not a party hostel in the least but totally amazing if you're looking for a homey place to stay

Absolutely LOVE Home Made Hostel!! Amazing location!! Very near all the main attractions by metro. And the GORGEOUS interior decorations made my fall in love with this hostel!!

The best staying experience ever!!! Love the free dinner and the amazing pub crawl!!!Also I have met some really interesting person!

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

A peaceful place on the borders of the party district ( district 7), pretty good place to be if you want to go clubbing and find a bed afterwards. No bunk beds, clean shower and decent kitchen too. The wifi, however was down for 24 hours during my stay and the attending staff didn't really seem to think it was important to fix it so I had to go outside every time to check my whatsapp messages etc., other than that it was a comfortable stay.

Good location and value for money. Funky vibe with great staff. Bathrooms could have been cleaner, but they were not that bad. I would stay here again.

Probably the coolest hostel I've stayed at in terms of interior design!! nice staff, good location, great beds. I especially appreciated the lamp/ shelves by every bed and the curtains you could draw for privacy. I've recommended this hostel to quite a few people looking for a place on Budapest :)

Everything was great!!We stayed on the apartment wich was very big and comfortable!The value for money was more than excellent!

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Greece

I loved my stay at home made hostel. I got in very early in the morning and the staff were great, letting me check in straight away and sleep for a while. The kitchen is good (except the fridge isn't very cold) and one night the staff did a cooking class and fed us afterwards all for free. The staff are laid back and friendly. Its right in the city and very close to public transport. The best thing for me was the atmosphere. The dorms are very nice and it really does feel like home :)

I had a very enjoyable stay, the hostel had great atmosphere and interesting, spacious rooms and a good kitchen.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

One of my favorite hostels around the world, excellent people and always fun crowds. The price is kind of steep for Budapest but worth it.

The staff are lovely, helpful, and always cleaning (even when it does not appear to need it) Laundry can be done in house, great internet!

Best hostel I have stayed at. Great location close to everything. Very friendly staff who always had great ideas and organized activities. The pub crawl led by Zoltan was awesome! And they even offer laundry service! The WiFi worked well and the layout of the place made it very easy to meet other guests. I really can say enough about this place, I would definitely go back.

An average hostel let down by a few things. On arrival we were left outside for well over half an hour trying to buzz in as the receptionist had fallen asleep. Eventually one of the guests had to get up and let us in - pretty terrible considering we had notified them about what time we would be arriving. Also quite often random people who weren't staying in our 4 bed dorm would come in and get changed/sit around and do work - something to consider if concerned about privacy