Home Made Hostel Reviews

Teréz krt. 22. 1/7 (Oktogon), Budapest, Hungary

Amazing little gem of a hostel, highly recommend it!!

One of the nicest hostels i've visited. Feels like home. People are very welcoming and eager to help. Absolutely recommendable

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Finland

Home Made Hostel is lovely and so unique! The staff are great and the atmostphere there is fab. Plus comfy beds and the place is spotless. Only drawbacks - it is small so can feel cramped and there probably aren't enough bathrooms if the place is full. Still, I loved my stay!

Dénes and the gang were great. Very, very helpful. And great cooks. Take the pub crawl, he'll I'm 70 and didn't feel like that old guy. Trust me...stay here...young or old.

I had a wonderful stay! Staff were so helpful, the place was fun, funky and inviting. I would recommend to anyone!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Staff is really friendly, the location is near to bars and also easy to move to any attraction point. The building itself is awesome (antique). The room was ok, but a little bit noisy (it has a wooden middle floor in the same room that makes a lot of noise when someone is walking on). Great experience!

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Argentina

nicest hostel i've ever stayed in. clean and DIDN'T SMELL BAD at all!! everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful and it was super comfortable!! Excellent!

Very friendly staff, very nice building and excellent location. Good beds as well, I was happy to stay there

It was very nice to stay there for 2 nights (although, I booked my bed for 4 nts). Very calm and easy-going people. Amazing location! Everyithing was perfect except several ithings: 1. the hostel is tooo vintage for me. 2. very old floor plates, they were creaking so loud everytime someone was walking in my room 3. there's just 1 of 2 doors covering a shower in one of the bathrooms (size of this exact bathroom is sooo tiny) everything else was great! thank you for quality service.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Ukraine

The facilities and staff are excelent. The only con is that you have to pay with cash (no credit cards).

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

Just better sheets maybe, I was a bit cold during the night (but I m always) :P

Above average hostel located nicely just outside the inner tourist area with friendly staff and nice rooms.

I really enjoyed my stay at Home Made Hostel - staff were excellent very helpful and friendly. The hostel was quirky and quite low key which I wanted while in Budapest. It was quite a refreshing change from the large modern ( and sometimes loud) hostels. A very homely and welcoming hostel

• 6th Sep 2014

Great Hostel in an old appartment house full of charme and history. I liked it very much, especially because it's a cozy old flat with not to much people staying there and without bunkbeds! Very nice staff that's eager to help and ... basically it felt more like a big flat-sharing community than a hostel, so very familiar and personal. Facilities are clean, rooms are huge and full of charme. I found the hostel's location quite nice - next to night-life, bars and restaurant!

I loved the place. The beds were really comfy, staff knew the city and had good recommendations. Mix of people staying there, which was great. Felt very at home. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Budapest.

Stayed in a double ensuite room which is a separate apartment next door to the hostel. It was perfect for us. It had a little kitchenette too which was great and the room was really spacious. The staff were very friendly and happy to help with any questions we had. Great location, right near the metro and easy walking distance to all the main attractions. Would definitely recommend staying here.

The staff was so helpful and friendly! I would come back in a heartbeat.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Excellent location with great transport links. Friendly and welcoming staff who gave good recommendations of the local area. The hostel has a cool quirky interior with lots of helpful information pinned about on the walls. Rooms and bathrooms are all very clean and well furnished. The communal area is a bit small and definitely on the quieter side. However I think this was partly due to most people in the hostel crashing after Sziget festival...

The hostel was friendly and very comfortable. Its arrangement makes a refreshing change from most hostels and everything was clean and tidy. The homely atmosphere was just right and I really enjoyed the cooking lesson while I stayed there!

• 17th Aug 2014

We rented the private double room here because a 3rd night in our other hostel was impossible. Hostel was a bit hard to find but very nice building, a lot of charm. Its very tiny so you are almost obliged to talk to the other guests when you're in the kitchen or other common rooms, which is not a bad thing. Its more personal, smaller and has a a bit of a hippy vibe. Great kitchen but very small, very good experience :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4