Home Made Hostel Reviews

Teréz krt. 22. 1/7 (Oktogon), Budapest, Hungary

We rented the private double room here because a 3rd night in our other hostel was impossible. Hostel was a bit hard to find but very nice building, a lot of charm. Its very tiny so you are almost obliged to talk to the other guests when you're in the kitchen or other common rooms, which is not a bad thing. Its more personal, smaller and has a a bit of a hippy vibe. Great kitchen but very small, very good experience :)

Staff really impressed me. Rooms had a good layout. I liked it.

• 10th Aug 2014

Great hostel, really nice homely atmosphere, good location and friendly staff! Loved the retro / vintage feel when my laundry was left ready for me in an old style suitcase :)

Great facilities (no bunk beds) and location! But I mostly want to commend how great the staff is here. I was supposed to take a midnight bus from Budapest to Prague, but it was cancelled and I was stranded at the bus station at 1am (DO NOT USE ORANGE WAYS)! I called Home Made Hostel to see if they had any rooms, and even though they were all booked up, the staff working the desk called other hostels for me trying to find an open bed for the night. It was so comforting having his help!

Great hostel - has a really nice "homey" feeling to it! Very friendly staff, good location, clean and comfortable rooms - overall would definitely recommend!

I chose to stay at Home Made Hostel because my cousin had stayed there on a previous trip. I am so happy for her recommendation because I loved my stay there! The staff was very friendly, welcoming, and gave great tips on things to see and do in Budapest. The hostel was also very clean. The staff was constantly cleaning the bathrooms and sheets, as well as making sure the kitchen was tidy. HMH felt like an oasis in the middle of a very busy city and I would definitely stay again!

This hostel was one of the best parts of Budapest! Intimate, fun guests, and very well located it made the trip. The staff in particular was awesome. They were all super fun and incredibly helpful. Know what you are getting into though! This hostel isn't for everyone. With only about 20 beds and all found or hand made decorations, the hostel has a very communal-hippie vibe. This is not a place to go if you are looking to rage or want something basic and standard. Not bad, just different.

Great hostel, fun staff, good guests. Happy memories!

The homely atmosphere makes this small hostel a very good one. The living room is an ideal place to meet others. Great place to stay if you visit Budapest.

Perfect location to explore Budapest, fantastic setting, very friendly and helpful staff. We had a wonderful time there, would highly recommend it.

Very nice small hostel with an helpful and friendly staff, simply and feel like at home, the only bad point was the room on the street with a 24h mini market just under the windows, it was very noisy!

• 17th Jul 2014

awesome hostel with perfect everything, staff are very helpful and sociable; it's got a ruin bar atmosphere, very relaxing place with fantastic perculator coffee and herbal loose tea; dorm room is clean and separated, no bunk beds!!! would recommend to anyone who's coming to Budapest.

Very cozy hostel that made you feel at home right away. The staff were very friendly.

Nice hostel, in a good central location. It's a little on the quiet side so if you're looking to go out/ party with friends this isn't the best place. The facilities are good and the staff were helpful. We had a comfortable stay here, just would have preferred a bit more atmosphere.

everything is perfect!! this is the best hostel I've ever stayed at!!

Awesome hostel, the staff was so helpful and friendly. There was a VERY loud snorer in my room that kept me from sleeping but obviously not the hostels fault. It's in a beautiful old building right by a tram station, the metro, and one of the main walkways.

We were very disappointed with this hotel. It is not at all what it looks like on the pictures. It was dirty in the room. There was dry food on the dishes. We had a loft on the top but were told not to go as the floor was not secure. It's located in a shady spots. Lots of drunk people around the neighbourhood. Lots of noise from the big street. The staff asks us 5000 huf for key deposit and the next day when we left they were saying they only asked 4000huf. We had to argue a lot to get our 5000.

• 27th Jun 2014

I don't think you can blame the hostel for the noise from the street and a lot of drunk people in the street. The hostel has a central location where there are a lot of young people having fun. I think you should consider choosing accomodation in suburbs next time so you can enjoy the silence. As for the loft: nobody said it is dangerous - we use it for storing that is the reason. As for the deposit: our records show you actually paid 4,000 HUF (12 euros) but you insisted you paid 5,000 HUF.

Best hostel I've stayed in! Very friendly and helpful staff and great atmosphere

This was my favorite hostel in Europe by far. Very cool hostel, loved the kitchen area, great location, all of the staff were lovely and amazing. Nothing was too much trouble - my phone was stolen on the train to Budapest and Panni came with me to the police station and translated everything. You were amazing, thank you so much.x

It was just ok ... We had very little stuff in the kichen (basic basic: like 3 different glasses ...), low light in the dining area/kitchen, only one the 3 lights above the bed was working, ... But the (old) room was clean and we slept well so ... Basic, but we've had better hostels for the same price.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4