Home Made Hostel Reviews

Teréz krt. 22. 1/7 (Oktogon), Budapest, Hungary

This a lovely budget place to stay in Budapest. It feels there like home, especially in the evening when everybody gathers in the kitchen or lobby. Great central location, very helpful and friendly staff and clean bathrooms. WiFi was a little jumping up and down during my stay, but they said it was a temporary problem. Overall, one of the nicest hostels, I have ever stayed in Europe so far. Well recommended.

Nice, cozy, and quiet. Friendly staff. Easygoing.

• 17th Jun 2014

Good for getting to know people. Homey.

Unfortunately my stay at home made was unsatisfying. I arrived late and had to walk into a dark unlit area and up stairs.Then to be told I didn't have a bed. They ended up putting on the couch at a discounted price. I was meant to stay 3 nights but only stayed 1. Beds where in open area and kitchen was very uninviting and dirty. Good area

• 12th Jun 2014

1. You cant accuse anyone of using drugs if you cant prove it. This is serious issue. 2. You DID have a bed and you got a discount for the mistake we had made in your booking. 3. "Beds were in an open area" - our beds are in rooms, where else should they be? 4. My manager wanted to settle the issue with you but you quit the place so she was not given a chance to talk about it. Ferenc Marvanykovi, owner

The hostel is so cozy, and the atmosphere was great! The people in it really felt more like roommates than hostel mates. I cannot give enough praise for the people running the place. They were so, so helpful and the friendliest people around! I felt very taken care of as a guest.

• 10th Jun 2014

Wonderful hostel--small enough to be social, but has plenty of personal and locker space. Staff are friendly and helpful!!

We had a lovely stay at homemade hostel. We stayed in one of the apartments which was spacious, quiet and adorably decorated. This funky charm pervades the hostel atmosphere. The staff was warm and friendly and always available to help.

Nothing bad to say about this hostel. My friend and I had two beds in the mixed dorm. We had beds next to each other and separated from others in the loft of the room. It was a lovely surprise. The staff was excellent (our particular staff member on duty gave us excellent suggestions for meals. ok and he was very attractive) and answered any questions. Hostel was clean, not too loud and had a cool atmosphere. I recommend Homemade Hostel 100%! :-)

Very good! Keep up the good work!

Great hostel! Very cute, quaint and welcoming. Every bed is uniquely decorated and the hostel itself is almost a sight to see on its own. Probably not the best if you're looking to party hard, but they to partake in a pub crawl and there is a small, close-knit community feel :) Only complaint (and this happens at most hostels) is that they didn't have a safe place to store bags for the day after check-out, so I had to leave my backpack on a shelf in the lobby, which always worries me a bit!

Awesome staff, more like old friends. A small but excellent place to chill out and meet people! Very social! Met some great people there! A bit hard to find, but you will find it!

I stayed with a friend in a private room with access to the shared bathrooms. The room was very large and even had a loft section with a separate bed. The staff were super friendly and accommodating and I felt very at ease and happy. The kitchen was large and well equipped with plenty of dining space. It's a very well-located hostel with a laid-back atmosphere and very nice atmosphere. The downside in our room was that it was very noisy from the kitchen and the courtyard, disturbing our sleep.

Great Place

I loved this hostel. It was sparklingly clean, the staff was super friendly, and the location was directly in the center of everything. The hostel also had a really cool layout and encouraged people to make friends. I will stay here again when I come back to Budapest.

We booked a double room but it turned out to be a separate apartment right next door. Which was very nice.

• 29th May 2014
  • Shetai
  • Finland

Great place to stay. It truly was like being at home away from home. The staff were excellent and the hostel is ins great location. Definitely would recommend to stay here. Make sure to go to the thermal baths!

Great hostel! Fairly small, but has a friendly atmosphere. The staff is happy to assist you, but sometimes not at the desk (unfortunately happened to me when I was going to be late for my train waiting to get my deposit back for my locker key! She came back just in time though). The kitchen has everything you need, there are lockers available for your luggage, washer and dryer available, bed area is a good size. It's a bit messy, but not unclean. Lots of stairs to get up, but great location.

• 25th May 2014

Where to start. What an amazing place! It feels like you've just walked in to a friends home. Amazing feel to the place. The staff are super awesome and friendly. Definitely will be going back. Thanks guys :)

It was wonderful!! Infront of hostel I can take 24hours tram. And subway station is needed just 2mins. And Hostel was very comfortable and clean. Of course clerk was really kind. I want to go again!

This is probably one of the most unique hostels I've ever stayed at, and I mean that in the best way possible. It really feels homey, and the rooms feel like a princess tree house fairytale thing. The staff that work there always have suggestions for what you should do around Budapest, and they really seem happy and passionate to be there. It's also close to a metro stop and very easy to find.