Home Made Hostel Reviews

Teréz krt. 22. 1/7 (Oktogon), Budapest, Hungary

I loved this hostel, I felt very comfortable and at home during my entire stay.

• 28th Dec 2014

It is a very stylish hostel with extremely helpful staff. One thing to mention is that this place is actually quite small so if you are looking for a really lively atmosphere, this is not quite the place.

It's the best hostel we've ever stayed! The receptions are very kind, they explained everything we need to know and even they taught us how to speak Hungarian, thank you guys, Chris and Vivien!!! And once Vivien asked me to go back to Budapest once again, we said, why not?

• 26th Dec 2014
  • China

So so lovely!!! Coolest rooms and nicest staff would definitely stay here again!! Walking distance to just about everywhere and right outside the oktogon metro :)

• 19th Dec 2014

Really cute little hostel ideally located right near Oktogon. Security is really great, there is a code both for the building and the hostel itself and there is someone at the front desk 24/7. The staff were all super friendly and helpful, gave me maps and recommended a few free walking tours as well as pointing out grocery stores nearby. Although I didn't use it much, the kitchen looked fully stocked and they had free coffee and tea available for everybody. The 8-bed dorm was cute and cozy.

The perfect place is if you want to escape from the big hostel chains that seem to dominate most of Europe. The staff were extremely friendly, and you even get a proper bed (no bunks!). There are great kitchen facilities and the bathrooms are separate and the showers are great. Very central to everything, and walking distance to all major attractions. I couldn't rate this place high enough for people to go and stay!

No doubt one of the most beautiful hostels I've stayed in. A bit cramped in the large dorms. Good wifi throughout hostel. Lots of opportunities to talk to staff and perhaps make friends with them. Not much space for keeping to yourself. Good washrooms, decent kitchen.

1 2 Next » last »