Home Made Hostel Reviews

Teréz krt. 22. 1/7 (Oktogon), Budapest, Hungary

Home made hostel is the best hostel I've ever seen. The staff are super nice and really helpful!!! I felt like staying at a friend's home and this makes me like Budapest even more!

• 25th Apr 2014
  • China

Had a fantastic stay at this hostel. Very homey feel, the rooms are large and spacious, clean bathrooms and nice kitchen. The location is also great and it was very easy to get around Budapest. Additionally the staff was very helpful and loved giving advice about the city. Would highly recommend!

• 19th Apr 2014

This was the most different hostel that I've stayed in in all my life. Well, we fairly liked it, looks a lot like a house/home rather than the average atmosphere of a hostel. People there actually talk to each other and the entire thing has an air of familiar. Staff was REALLY nice and kind and helped us in at least two awful situations (which were not their fault, so they basically saved us). Location is good, very near a metro station. Decent kitchen. Could have breakfast.

Maybe put a bigger poster to see where you are because I was shearching you during 10 minutes.

The staff is really welcoming. They make your trip better just because how they explain everything to you. The place is really nice, I enjoy my trip there for multiple reason : staff, residence, people, kitchen, number of bathroom..... I suggest everyone to go to this hostel!

It's lovely place. thanks for everthing.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

A very, very lovely, cozy and clean hostel. Great atmosphere and setup for making new friends but definitely not a party palace. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Felt like a home away from home!

We were looking for cheap accommodation for our short city break in Budapest, but we still wanted to be in comfortable surroundings. Home Made Hostel fitted our criteria perfectly - from the moment we arrived we felt extremely relaxed and welcomed. It's a small hostel, so it may not be a party hostel as such, but we got to know a lot of travellers staying in the hostel from all over the world. The staff were really helpful in suggesting things to do, places to go, where to eat. Good facilities.

• 6th Apr 2014

Everyone, both guests and staff, were friendly. One of the homey-est and cleanest hostels I have stayed at.

• 4th Apr 2014

I had a excellent experience at the hostel! The location is perfect, the staff very friendly and I really liked the fact that I had I lot of space in the room. They are organized and very clean. The only thing I think is important to register is the fact that they have only 3 bathrooms for all the dorms, sometimes was difficult to take a shower or just use the toilet.

Intimate and well-equipped hostel, great location and beautiful decoration! Definitely recommended!

Great hostel friendly staff one of the cleanest hostels I have stayed in

This hostel was amazing! It was one of the key factors to making my stay in Budapest marvelous. The decor was eclectic and homey, and the staff was really friendly! It was also really easy to meet people there. Way to go Homemade Hostel!

I just want to say BIG BIG THANK YOU!!!! at first for a great dinner from amaizing local guy, who even made me a vegan version of traditional hungarian meal WOO HOO and then all the staff members who make you feel like home during your whole stay. Home made is the right mixture of creativity and inteligent knowledgable LOCAL staff members. GUYS YOU ROCK!!! thanks again ps: Blanca I did it!!! I am moving to Budapest, that´d be awesome to hang out with you guys

The best hostel I stayed at during my recent travel around Europe. The staff is incredibly friendly and one feels completely at home throughout the hostel.

Amazing staff that was very helpful. The common area was small but the atmosphere and staff made up for it. Great location for getting to where you wanted to go.

Very beautiful Hostel, and the staff it's very fyendly..

great hostel, staff so helpful, ideal locations . rooms clean, safe and sociable. Couldn't recommend enough

Friendly, relaxed hostel with excellent facilities, comfy beds and amazing atmosphere! I loved it here and was really sad to leave. Would definitely stay here again.

It was just great to stay at the home made hostel.

• 10th Feb 2014