Home Made Hostel Reviews

Teréz krt. 22. 1/7 (Oktogon), Budapest, Hungary

Great hostel! Very cute, quaint and welcoming. Every bed is uniquely decorated and the hostel itself is almost a sight to see on its own. Probably not the best if you're looking to party hard, but they to partake in a pub crawl and there is a small, close-knit community feel :) Only complaint (and this happens at most hostels) is that they didn't have a safe place to store bags for the day after check-out, so I had to leave my backpack on a shelf in the lobby, which always worries me a bit!

Awesome staff, more like old friends. A small but excellent place to chill out and meet people! Very social! Met some great people there! A bit hard to find, but you will find it!

I stayed with a friend in a private room with access to the shared bathrooms. The room was very large and even had a loft section with a separate bed. The staff were super friendly and accommodating and I felt very at ease and happy. The kitchen was large and well equipped with plenty of dining space. It's a very well-located hostel with a laid-back atmosphere and very nice atmosphere. The downside in our room was that it was very noisy from the kitchen and the courtyard, disturbing our sleep.

Great Place

I loved this hostel. It was sparklingly clean, the staff was super friendly, and the location was directly in the center of everything. The hostel also had a really cool layout and encouraged people to make friends. I will stay here again when I come back to Budapest.

We booked a double room but it turned out to be a separate apartment right next door. Which was very nice.

• 29th May 2014
  • Shetai
  • Finland

Great place to stay. It truly was like being at home away from home. The staff were excellent and the hostel is ins great location. Definitely would recommend to stay here. Make sure to go to the thermal baths!

Great hostel! Fairly small, but has a friendly atmosphere. The staff is happy to assist you, but sometimes not at the desk (unfortunately happened to me when I was going to be late for my train waiting to get my deposit back for my locker key! She came back just in time though). The kitchen has everything you need, there are lockers available for your luggage, washer and dryer available, bed area is a good size. It's a bit messy, but not unclean. Lots of stairs to get up, but great location.

• 25th May 2014

Where to start. What an amazing place! It feels like you've just walked in to a friends home. Amazing feel to the place. The staff are super awesome and friendly. Definitely will be going back. Thanks guys :)

It was wonderful!! Infront of hostel I can take 24hours tram. And subway station is needed just 2mins. And Hostel was very comfortable and clean. Of course clerk was really kind. I want to go again!

This is probably one of the most unique hostels I've ever stayed at, and I mean that in the best way possible. It really feels homey, and the rooms feel like a princess tree house fairytale thing. The staff that work there always have suggestions for what you should do around Budapest, and they really seem happy and passionate to be there. It's also close to a metro stop and very easy to find.

It was my first time to stay in a hostel but from the first second I was feeling like home. The staff is not just friendly they are very kind and helpful. The place is really clean, cosy and you can feel like home. Like I have said, they are just GREAT! It's not just a hostel it's a FAMILY. If you want to meet great people definitely have to choose them. They are not just a simple hostel staff, they had became my friends. I enjoyed every moment there. Definetly I will go back!

• 22nd May 2014
  • Hungary

Stayed with the hostel for about three nights and absolutely loved it. The staff was extremely friendly and really made an effort ensure your stay the hostel was excellent. I didn't see the staff as "staff" but they seemed more like friends where they wanted to get to know you as a person. The location was excellent as everything was within walThe bar tour was awesome as I really experienced the nightlife of budapest. I think its mistake if you do not stay at this hostel when visiting budapest.

• 20th May 2014

Home made hostel is totally different compare with other hostel I stayed. It like staying in friend's home. Excellent location, great atmosphere and really friendly staffs. If you want a quiet stay this will be your choice. However, their room entrance design is bit unfriendly and the staircase is really dark during night. Single lady might not really like it.

• 19th May 2014
  • retnuoc
  • Malaysia

One of the best hostels I've been. Such friendly and helpful staff, it has everything you need and the location is ideally locate near the vibrant Jewish quarter. It feels like home. Love that there're no bunks. The pub crawl offered by the hostel is a good way to meet the people you're staying with. Would definitely recommend.

Staff very welcoming - helped us find closest food shops and cheap cafes. Double room was nice, but right next to kitchen thus noisy. Free towels and hairdryer supplied. Very homey, cosy feeling to hostel. Well-stocked kitchen, with all amenities. €7 for wash and dry clothing. Can buy tickets to Baths at hostel, to dodge the queues. Hungarian cooking class every 2nd Tues of month. Bar and city tours. Very good hostel for meeting people; not a good hostel if you want an early night.

I liked this hostel because it really feels like you're staying in someone's home but that also has disadvantages. The floorboards were really creaky and to get into my dorm I had to walk through another dorm. At a small scale hostel like this, it might also be nice to include breakfast in the price. Otherwise really nice.

The location couldn't have been more perfect and the staff was simply amazing! Young and fun, attentive, very eager to help. Loved it there.

Home made hostel is the best hostel I've ever seen. The staff are super nice and really helpful!!! I felt like staying at a friend's home and this makes me like Budapest even more!

• 25th Apr 2014
  • China

Had a fantastic stay at this hostel. Very homey feel, the rooms are large and spacious, clean bathrooms and nice kitchen. The location is also great and it was very easy to get around Budapest. Additionally the staff was very helpful and loved giving advice about the city. Would highly recommend!

• 19th Apr 2014