Home Made Hostel
IMPORTANT: Due to new district rules, which came into force at the end of September 2012, the signs for all businesses in our building will be removed. Please use the building number (22) to find us. (Photos to be updated soon)
Please devote some time to reading the hostel description before making reservations. Thank you.
Home-Made Hostel in Budapest has been around since August 2006. If you are a traveller looking for a friendly, well-located (a nice 20 minute walk to the Buda Castle District and other major sights), home-from-home place with a family atmosphere, youve found your hostel. This is the best hostel in Budapest if you want to make friends, share your travel experiences with others and go out to have fun with your hostel mates as part of our recently launched Home Made Hostel Bar Tour.
What do we have, what do we offer?
- individually designed interior in all rooms
- comfy beds (no bunk beds) with heaps of space
- lofts with privacy
- lockable rooms
- two rooms (4-bed and 8-bed) are interconnected.
- TV set in the 8-bed room
- Laundry for 2,000 HUF (7 euros)
- Free maps
- Airport pick up for 18 euros
- You book, we cook. We provide free cooking lessons and dinner on every Tuesday
- Home Made Hostel Bar Tour on every Tuesday and at weekends
- surprise events (wine or palinka tasting, cookie baking with Anna) each week
- whimsical decor, going beyond your typical drab backpacker room.
- all the rooms equipped with furniture designed and redesigned by our staff!
- the friendliest and most helpful ever
- eager to provide best tips for going and eating out.
- always approachable
- lockers for each guest
- keys to the main gate for each guest
- keyless number code for each guest
- lockable rooms
- free safe on request
- 24 hour reception
- a real sense of community
- very laid-back and friendly
- a great place to meet other travelers
- 50m from metro station
- halfway between Heroes Square and the river Danube,
- right in the middle of lots of great cafes, restaurants and relaxed bars
- great facilities (shops, ATMs, banks, exchange booths, post office, pharmacy, theatres, cinemas) are within a stones-throw
- the perfect base for exploring Budapest
1 Please note that, as check out is 11am, if you arrive before 12am (noon), you may not be able to get to your bed immediately. If you arrive early, you can store your luggage at the hostel for free and hang around if you want.
2 Please note that we are NOT a party hostel. If you wish to party, we can recommend you places nearby.
3 Please inform us if you will arrive later than your indicated arrival time. Please note that if you are late more than 3 hours and if we receive no previous notice, you may risk losing your bed. Thank you.
4 Please note that the private double ensuite room is an apartment (studio flat) located next door in the corridor. For details, please read 'Room description'.