Home Made House/Hostel Reviews

Rudninku 13 - 5, Vilnius, Lithuania

Home made house is a great little hostel for meeting other people and feeling like home. The rooms are spacious and clean with good size lockers and individual reading lights. Location is very good been close to both the train station and old town. Lina is a great host that has lots of advice about the area and always up for a chat. She also makes a great breakfast every morning. Thanks for the great stay :)

ground level toilet may need repairing

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Poland

Lina is a great host who takes the time to get to know her guests. She also makes a delicious breakfast each morning! The hostel is small so it's got a very friendly and warm atmosphere. The beds are comfy, and the rooms are clean. The location is perfect, as it is close to both the old town and the bus and train stations. There's only one shower, but it's not really problematic since the hostel is small.

Great cozy place and Lina is the best hostess you can imagine! She herself is a passionate traveler, always in the mood for a chat or a beer!

Amazing hostel! Great staff, clean facilities, good atmosphere, perfect location.

I stayed 1 week in HMH and add the opportunity to meet Lina, Giédré and Renata who have all been very nice. Always answering my questions, being helpful and giving me good advice on what to see, to eat and to do. I really felt at home and if I come back to Vilnius I know that I will stay there again. Definitely the best place I've been during my long trip in Finland and Baltic states.

Had a great time, stayed 2 nights we went out a few of us from the hostel, good atmosphere in the kitchen during those 2 days. It was mainly people traveling by themselves. The staff is really friendly and helpful too (thx Lina), and the home made breakfast was quite good :)

• 18th Oct 2015

After over 11 years of travelling in the Middle East, Central Asia ani lately Europe this is one of the veyr best hostels I have been at. Lena the owner is excellent. Knowleagable, friendly and thoughtful. A very good place to meet like minded single travellers as evidenced by the American, German, English and French solo travellers I ended up joining with whilst staying at the hostel. Good facilities and a very filling breakfast. I would thoroughly recommended this hostel to my friends.

Nice place to live though there is some strange smell as soon as you enter the building.

really felt like the staff made the effort tht you feel at home

Lena the hostel owner is lovely, making sure that everyone feels welcome in the small twelve bed hostel. It seems natural for her, however for other people it may seem they were going out of their way to take an interest in the travelers passing through. Breakfasts being included is welcome too. Only downside is one shower for the whole hostel but it's something you can deal with on the short term and didn't cause me any problems.

Really nice and small hostel, in the morning the hostel owner will cook you a fresh breakfast. Be sure to let here know if you are planning to leave early so she can make breakfast early, otherwise she will also sleep in ;)

It is impossible not to praise the work that Lena (the host) is doing in this small but very cozy hostel. Good place to meet other people. I would definitively recommended this hostel.

Great place to stay. Small hostel but great to make friends. The hostess is doing a good job to keep the guests entertained. Highly recommended.

Lovely lady who runs this cozy place. Only one bathroom, which wasn't much of a problem, but could cause a wait. Would definitely stay here again!

Really warm and welcoming place a couple of minutes from the main square. Small and quiet, so not a wild party hostel, but it made for a really friendly atmosphere with everyone talking to everyone else. Lena was a great host, she made us quiche every morning and took us out for drinks most nights.

Very easy to find from bus or train station only 10-15 min walk. This hostel is small only accomadates 12 people but feels like home. Leana who runs the hostel is very helpful, and I would reccomend this hostel.

One of my favourite hostels! You feel so welcome here, great facilities and location but it's the home-away-from-home vibe that really sets this apart. Couldn't recommend it (or the Lithuanian 'wine') any more!

Nice small hostel with good value for the money. Very much liked my stay.

It's a really good hostel in Vilnius, like a home...and Renata is a great hoster!!!!! give me a lot of suggestion, and the special activity at night!!! I love the breakfast, thank you so much Renata!!! roommates are so nice!!! it's really a home when you stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3