Home Made House/Hostel Reviews

Rudninku 13 - 5, Vilnius, Lithuania

This is the best hostel I have every stayed at. Lina is welcoming and fun and it attracts brave, independent travelers. I made relationships that I will keep for a long time. This is the ONLY place to stay in Vilnius. Lina will take you to the bars or a concert at night or play games with you in the hostel. In the morning, Lina makes breakfast from 9 - 10:30 every morning of pancakes, french toast, or eggs. I recommend this hostel 100%.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Poland

this hostel truly made me feel at home. I can't wait to return. As a solo traveler I definitely recommend staying here!

The staff are incredibly friendly and will help you with anything you need! We had a lovely stay.

• 22nd Feb 2015

This is a great little hostel! The hostess is really friendly and helpful and the home is very cute and clean. Definitely recommend to stay here!

Renata was very helpful, hostel was really nice and perfect location.

The atmosphere is fantastic, you really feel at home. Good location and awesome owner-staff. Perfect if you look for a cozy hostel where to rest after walking the city. Not for parties. Internet connection not very good in the rooms but working perfect in the common area.

I really loved being at your place, but I can give a constructive suggestions: sometimes rooms are not clean enough specially in the beds where some dust can accumulate.

Good to know you enjoyed your stay. Though we clean the rooms daily. Not sure what you mean "dust in the beds", I guess lockers - they also are cleaned every time before giving bed to a guest. The suggestions seem did not happen to be constructive enough, as I don't get how exactly we can clean more. :) Anyway, at the moment renovating some out-dated corners, hope it helps.

Lina was a great host. Breakfast was a great bonus too! Had a great time.

Lovely place with an even lovelier host! She will not hesitate to help you in any way she can, just ask! Very hospitable as well and we had 3 memorable nights with excellent company, conversation, and snacks (and drinks, of course)

Great place to stay. Lina is a lovely lady who goes out of her way to ensure her guests get the most out of their stay in Vilnius. Kinda half way between the train and bus stations and the old town, in a quiet area.

This is a great hostel, great location and very clean. Lina is a fantastic host because: she provides good information about the city, she prepares a delicious hot breakfast, she takes you out to her favourite bar and introduces you to Lithuanian wine. I would definitely stay here again :)

This is a truely remarkable hostel! The location in the old town is excellent. The hostel is well organized, and security is good. The hostess, Lina, is extremely helpful. And on top of that, the whole package is great value for money. Definitely the place to stay in Vilnius!

Very cute. Small hostel with 12 beds. It's very comfortable and you feel close with everyone while you're there. The breakfast is cooked by the owner - not just bread and cereal. Loved it. Just what i needed.

We were a group of four and had a great time staying at the hostel, whicg has the character of a family house- so everytime you come back i feels a little bit like coming come. The host is super friendly and caring and she makes great breakfast every day for you. Only tiny thing thats missing: a trash bin and a mirror in the rooms.

Lena was a lovely host full of great recommendations and generosity (Lithuanian wine, a trip to a local bar, pancakes or French toast for breakfast). The kitchen was a hub of social activity. Loved the view from the attic! Vilnius is a charming gem of a city and I can't wait to return in the summer, although the snow was fun.

Great stay. Renata made us so welcome and give us get advice to get the most out of our trip. Lovely place to stay.

Very friendly and helpful hosts (many thanks!) and was interesting to try Lithuanian wine. Wifi good, location fantastic. Security re lockers and front door great, although dorm room open to anyone. The homely feel, by default, contains great positives but also drawbacks. It is a very social setting to meet people, hosts extremely kind and engaging, and the homely feel. But conversely, the hostel is really like a house and perhaps overly social if you're seeking introvert time! Recommend though!

It really does feel like a home stay, especially the handmade breakfast, simple but sweet. They do their best to help you get the most out of your visit to the city. One of the most memorable hostel experiences I had on this six month trip. The only downside is if you need alot of living space and privacy... Personally I left Vilnius feeling a more personal connection to the place than I otherwise would have.

The hostel is located between the main railway station (bus terminal) and the historic centre of Vilnius. .So it is possible to walk from the train to the hotel unless you are lugging really heavy bags. The room was nice and clean. Everyboday said that the shower room is only one but I think it is ok. The owner is very very kind to the guest. The most impressed thing was that she served the warm breakfast different menu every morning. Thanks for everything I really enjoyed my stay.

Great little hostel close to all the sights in the Old Town, and .a stones throw from the train and bus stations. Lena makes you all feel like a family rather than staying in a hostel....I was sad to leave.