Home Made House/Hostel Reviews

Rudninku 13 - 5, Vilnius, Lithuania

Really enjoyed my stay and look forward to returning! Thank you!!

Fantastic place. Really made it feel like coming home at the end of the day (as well as waking up to breakfast in the morning). Helped make special arrangements because my departure was at an odd time. Overall, highly reccomend

Lina, our host was amazing! It really does feel like home away from home! A great location as well.

I stayed in Vilnius for just one night but I felt that I had the best experience ever. Lina was the best host ever, she gave me very good instructions on where to go, brought a few of us out to a local pub for drinks and mini-concert, and also cooked a delicious breakfast for us the next morning! I would totally recommend staying here, but book early because there are only a maximum of 12 people who can stay. Reason? Only 2 toilets and 1 bathroom - which wasn't much of an inconvenience really.

This hostel was like HOME for me! Lina was always up to any kind of evening activity so we never had to stay in our rooms lonely =) She has a travelling soul and knows something about almost every single country in the world! She shows on the map not only touristic places and is very supportive if you need a help. And a little tip: if it happens to stay in the 4bed room, choose the lower bed close to the window. You will wake up and go sleep with a great view of the church from the window! ;)

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Kazakhstan

Pros: great staff member, cool area, cool travelers, quiet, not a party hostel (pro for me), safe, easy to find (although I had a map), clean, Con: not enough bathrooms/showers

I can warmly recommend this hostel.The owner is super friendly and hospitable and the atmosphere in the hostel is really good. Place feels like home. I don't have any bad thing to say about this place.

A really great hostel, places like this are so rare to find. The lady that manages the hostel does everything, from pouring you a glass of Lithuanian berry wine when you enter, to checking you in, to helping you find the right bus to the airport, she is literally there to help make your stay completely happy. Her homemade breakfast was excellent and the free and casual environment that she helps create in the hostel, makes it really feel like a home. Also, very clean and bed was super comfy.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Super cozy hostel - really lives up to its name! Lina is very helpful and engages with the guests. Nice atmosphere and easy to meet other travellers.

The house is very cozy and did feel like home. We stayed in the private room with a great view out of the window. We got home-made breakfast in the morning and the owner was really friendly and helpful. The location is perfect and I can only recommend staying at this place. The only downside is that there is only one shower, which might be problematic if the hostel is fully booked (12 people). For us it was fine because we went during low season.

Very friendly and welcoming. Great location.

It is a nice hostel with good atmosphere, friendly and helpful hostess and perfectly located. What I did not like is that the doorbell button is hard to find. It was a bit cold and humid in the room and the shower is only one for 12 guests and on the first floor, whereas rooms are on 2nd and 3rd floors. All other things are very good, There is a kitchen with free tea and coffee. BTW, breakfast is served late in the morning.

This is the best hostel I have every stayed at. Lina is welcoming and fun and it attracts brave, independent travelers. I made relationships that I will keep for a long time. This is the ONLY place to stay in Vilnius. Lina will take you to the bars or a concert at night or play games with you in the hostel. In the morning, Lina makes breakfast from 9 - 10:30 every morning of pancakes, french toast, or eggs. I recommend this hostel 100%.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Poland

From morning pancakes to evening drinks, I loved staying at Home Made House! Lina couldn't have been nicer, she made me feel at home straight away. Definitely the cosiest, friendliest hostel I've stayed at so far. The location is great too, everything is within walking distance. Thanks, Lina!

this hostel truly made me feel at home. I can't wait to return. As a solo traveler I definitely recommend staying here!

The staff are incredibly friendly and will help you with anything you need! We had a lovely stay.

• 22nd Feb 2015

This is a great little hostel! The hostess is really friendly and helpful and the home is very cute and clean. Definitely recommend to stay here!

Renata was very helpful, hostel was really nice and perfect location.

The atmosphere is fantastic, you really feel at home. Good location and awesome owner-staff. Perfect if you look for a cozy hostel where to rest after walking the city. Not for parties. Internet connection not very good in the rooms but working perfect in the common area.

I really loved being at your place, but I can give a constructive suggestions: sometimes rooms are not clean enough specially in the beds where some dust can accumulate.

Good to know you enjoyed your stay. Though we clean the rooms daily. Not sure what you mean "dust in the beds", I guess lockers - they also are cleaned every time before giving bed to a guest. The suggestions seem did not happen to be constructive enough, as I don't get how exactly we can clean more. :) Anyway, at the moment renovating some out-dated corners, hope it helps.