Home Made House/Hostel Reviews

Rudninku 13 - 5, Vilnius, Lithuania

Home Made Hostel is true by name. Warm and welcoing atmosphere. Feels like being at home while traveling.

• 31st Jan 2016

Staff very very nice

Great place. Its basically a big house. The facilities are super clean, the atmosphere is really welcoming. I would definitely stay here again. Its really close to most places if you walk (as I do) and also close to public transportation.

The location is just perfect, and the lady who runs the hostel is so sweet! Next time I'll stay there again.

Cozy, clean and very easy to get to from the bus station. Also the hostess was very helpful and made a delicious breakfast in the morning. I felt home :)

Value for money exceeds the price of a stay. For me it was not a hostel in a meaning I am used to, it is more like a guest house. But it is very comfortable, and Lina is extremely friendly and helpful host, and also a good cook. I happend to find awesome company for exploring Vilnius in this place as well, so my stay was delightful.

Friendly and helpful staff, very cozy, very clean, good location, free breakfast - I would recommend it!

Staying in HMH is like Couchsurfing, except that you pay. Lina is cool. Her place is cosy. Vilnius is lovely and full of story.

Everything was clean and comfortable, and Lina is a very great, kind, and generous host!

• 24th Dec 2015

Lina, the owner of the hostel, is wonderful. She was very kind during my stay and went out of her way to make myself and the other guests comfortable. We went out to a local pub and even saw Star Wars together! She offered great recommendations from food & drink to a day trip to Trakai (which I also recommend you do!). The location is convenient, the facilities are clean and the bed comfortable. I definitely recommend Home Made Hostel and hope to return for another stay one day. Cheers!

It was cheap and clean, the location really close to the city center. She was really nice and told us what to see and typical food to eat. We stayed there for just one night but we were definitely happy with our choice.

• 19th Dec 2015

Very welcoming!!

I had an amazing weekend away in Vilnius and the lovely Home Made House contribute to that! Thanks to Lina and to the other guests for the great time!

Great location, staff, guests, atmosphere. Ideal hostel.

We had a great stay at Home Made House. We had a private room on the top floor with a great view of a church out the attic window. The bed was really comfortable and everything was clean. The owner is very welcoming and friendly and even cooks a hot breakfast for her guests. This felt more like a Bed & Breakfast than a hostel because the standard was so high. There is only one shower in the house, but it is not a large hostel so it doesn't matter. Great location too. We will be back!

Home made house is a great little hostel for meeting other people and feeling like home. The rooms are spacious and clean with good size lockers and individual reading lights. Location is very good been close to both the train station and old town. Lina is a great host that has lots of advice about the area and always up for a chat. She also makes a great breakfast every morning. Thanks for the great stay :)

A small hostel with a very cozy feel. Really chill atmosphere. Lina cooks delicious breakfasts and always has suggestions on what to do and where to go. Really enjoyed my time here and will be back in the future.

ground level toilet may need repairing

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Poland

Lina is a great host who takes the time to get to know her guests. She also makes a delicious breakfast each morning! The hostel is small so it's got a very friendly and warm atmosphere. The beds are comfy, and the rooms are clean. The location is perfect, as it is close to both the old town and the bus and train stations. There's only one shower, but it's not really problematic since the hostel is small.

Great cozy place and Lina is the best hostess you can imagine! She herself is a passionate traveler, always in the mood for a chat or a beer!

« first « Prev 1 2 3