Home Made House/Hostel Reviews

Rudninku 13 - 5, Vilnius, Lithuania

Great location, clean, quiet, nice host.

The hostel is located in a good place for those who want to be in the middle distance between the old town and the bus and train station only 5 minutes each by walking !! I recommend it !!

A very comfy place to stay, with a feel-at-home touch!!

I was in the HMH in may 2015 and it was awesome. Lena was like a mother for all the guests, cooking delicious breakfast, giving good advices and tips, very kind, always available. Very good hostel & journey ! Great atmosphere like in the movie "L'auberge espagnole" ! :)

• 3rd May 2015

The owner here is absoluely LOVELY and does an incredible job running the place. From offering bus schedueles to taking guests for nights out, you're sure to be well taken care of! Home Made House is definetly worth staying on if you find yourself in Vilnius. Note that it does seem to attract a bit of an older age range, but if you're a younger traveller it can be an opportunity to meet people beyond the usual hostel crowd.

This hostel is a good place not because of interior or furniture. Everything goes from the owner. And I saw a really kind and nice woman Linda. She will care of you if u will arrive late, talk to you and cook for you something delicious in the mornings. By they way Linda is also perfect guide,can explain you how to find anything in Vilnus). This place is comfortable really (i slept like a baby every night haha). Thank you for host me! Have a good luck!

• 1st May 2015
  • Belarus

Near to central bus/train station and the main old town. Lina will welcome you at the door, explain all things, what to see. Plus she will make you very good breakfast, homemade. Also you get a pair of sandle, which is nice. Very nice atmosphere, people from all around the world, nice conversations. I recommend this highly. And best wishes to Lina.

Home Made House feels more like a friend's place than like hostel! Lina is very friendly and welcoming, special thanks for Lithuanian wine upon arrival and freshly cooked breakfast in the morning :) Hostel is very well located in the center of Vilnius within minutes walk from the railway station and all the major attractions. Absolutely enjoyed my stay there.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Russia

Really enjoyed my stay and look forward to returning! Thank you!!

Fantastic place. Really made it feel like coming home at the end of the day (as well as waking up to breakfast in the morning). Helped make special arrangements because my departure was at an odd time. Overall, highly reccomend

Lina, our host was amazing! It really does feel like home away from home! A great location as well.

I stayed in Vilnius for just one night but I felt that I had the best experience ever. Lina was the best host ever, she gave me very good instructions on where to go, brought a few of us out to a local pub for drinks and mini-concert, and also cooked a delicious breakfast for us the next morning! I would totally recommend staying here, but book early because there are only a maximum of 12 people who can stay. Reason? Only 2 toilets and 1 bathroom - which wasn't much of an inconvenience really.

This hostel was like HOME for me! Lina was always up to any kind of evening activity so we never had to stay in our rooms lonely =) She has a travelling soul and knows something about almost every single country in the world! She shows on the map not only touristic places and is very supportive if you need a help. And a little tip: if it happens to stay in the 4bed room, choose the lower bed close to the window. You will wake up and go sleep with a great view of the church from the window! ;)

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Kazakhstan

Pros: great staff member, cool area, cool travelers, quiet, not a party hostel (pro for me), safe, easy to find (although I had a map), clean, Con: not enough bathrooms/showers

I can warmly recommend this hostel.The owner is super friendly and hospitable and the atmosphere in the hostel is really good. Place feels like home. I don't have any bad thing to say about this place.

A really great hostel, places like this are so rare to find. The lady that manages the hostel does everything, from pouring you a glass of Lithuanian berry wine when you enter, to checking you in, to helping you find the right bus to the airport, she is literally there to help make your stay completely happy. Her homemade breakfast was excellent and the free and casual environment that she helps create in the hostel, makes it really feel like a home. Also, very clean and bed was super comfy.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Super cozy hostel - really lives up to its name! Lina is very helpful and engages with the guests. Nice atmosphere and easy to meet other travellers.

The house is very cozy and did feel like home. We stayed in the private room with a great view out of the window. We got home-made breakfast in the morning and the owner was really friendly and helpful. The location is perfect and I can only recommend staying at this place. The only downside is that there is only one shower, which might be problematic if the hostel is fully booked (12 people). For us it was fine because we went during low season.

Very friendly and welcoming. Great location.

It is a nice hostel with good atmosphere, friendly and helpful hostess and perfectly located. What I did not like is that the doorbell button is hard to find. It was a bit cold and humid in the room and the shower is only one for 12 guests and on the first floor, whereas rooms are on 2nd and 3rd floors. All other things are very good, There is a kitchen with free tea and coffee. BTW, breakfast is served late in the morning.