Home Made House/Hostel Reviews

Rudninku 13 - 5, Vilnius, Lithuania

Easy to find. Great location and excellent staff. The breakfasts in the mornings were delicious.

a well-run small facility, located in a very convenient spot in the city of Vinius! staff (i met Lina) do all they can to offer you the best option in whatever you might need!

Great Staff !! Small cozy hostel, close to everything.

The lady who runs this place struck me as weirdly cold and passive aggressive. She just really rubbed me the wrong way on a personal level. But everything was nice.

Again and again here as the 4th time in Vilnius, i cannot think other places as my real home here, thanks Lina, the host, for everthing. I feel all the time so comfortable ccomfortable

Great location, clean, quiet, nice host.

The hostel is located in a good place for those who want to be in the middle distance between the old town and the bus and train station only 5 minutes each by walking !! I recommend it !!

A very comfy place to stay, with a feel-at-home touch!!

I was in the HMH in may 2015 and it was awesome. Lena was like a mother for all the guests, cooking delicious breakfast, giving good advices and tips, very kind, always available. Very good hostel & journey ! Great atmosphere like in the movie "L'auberge espagnole" ! :)

• 3rd May 2015

The owner here is absoluely LOVELY and does an incredible job running the place. From offering bus schedueles to taking guests for nights out, you're sure to be well taken care of! Home Made House is definetly worth staying on if you find yourself in Vilnius. Note that it does seem to attract a bit of an older age range, but if you're a younger traveller it can be an opportunity to meet people beyond the usual hostel crowd.

This hostel is a good place not because of interior or furniture. Everything goes from the owner. And I saw a really kind and nice woman Linda. She will care of you if u will arrive late, talk to you and cook for you something delicious in the mornings. By they way Linda is also perfect guide,can explain you how to find anything in Vilnus). This place is comfortable really (i slept like a baby every night haha). Thank you for host me! Have a good luck!

• 1st May 2015
  • Belarus

Near to central bus/train station and the main old town. Lina will welcome you at the door, explain all things, what to see. Plus she will make you very good breakfast, homemade. Also you get a pair of sandle, which is nice. Very nice atmosphere, people from all around the world, nice conversations. I recommend this highly. And best wishes to Lina.

Home Made House feels more like a friend's place than like hostel! Lina is very friendly and welcoming, special thanks for Lithuanian wine upon arrival and freshly cooked breakfast in the morning :) Hostel is very well located in the center of Vilnius within minutes walk from the railway station and all the major attractions. Absolutely enjoyed my stay there.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Russia

Really enjoyed my stay and look forward to returning! Thank you!!

Fantastic place. Really made it feel like coming home at the end of the day (as well as waking up to breakfast in the morning). Helped make special arrangements because my departure was at an odd time. Overall, highly reccomend

Lina, our host was amazing! It really does feel like home away from home! A great location as well.

I stayed in Vilnius for just one night but I felt that I had the best experience ever. Lina was the best host ever, she gave me very good instructions on where to go, brought a few of us out to a local pub for drinks and mini-concert, and also cooked a delicious breakfast for us the next morning! I would totally recommend staying here, but book early because there are only a maximum of 12 people who can stay. Reason? Only 2 toilets and 1 bathroom - which wasn't much of an inconvenience really.

This hostel was like HOME for me! Lina was always up to any kind of evening activity so we never had to stay in our rooms lonely =) She has a travelling soul and knows something about almost every single country in the world! She shows on the map not only touristic places and is very supportive if you need a help. And a little tip: if it happens to stay in the 4bed room, choose the lower bed close to the window. You will wake up and go sleep with a great view of the church from the window! ;)

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Kazakhstan

Pros: great staff member, cool area, cool travelers, quiet, not a party hostel (pro for me), safe, easy to find (although I had a map), clean, Con: not enough bathrooms/showers

I can warmly recommend this hostel.The owner is super friendly and hospitable and the atmosphere in the hostel is really good. Place feels like home. I don't have any bad thing to say about this place.